PDA

View Full Version : Johnson becomes a father

Jonesi
9th July 2010, 03:54
From Jayski:
Johnson becomes a father MORE: #48-Jimmie Johnson is a father, and it won't interfere with his racing schedule. Johnson's wife, Chandra, gave birth to a daughter Wednesday. A Johnson spokesperson said mother and baby are doing well, and no other details will be released. It is the reigning four-time champion's first child. Johnson was prepared to miss a race if his wife went into labor, and with the birth of his daughter expected this weekend, he had Aric Almirola on standby should he need to leave Saturday night's race at Chicago.(Associated Press (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=5361916&campaign=link&source=JAYSKI))(7-7-2010)
MORE: Chandra and Jimmie Johnson welcomed a baby girl Wednesday, July 7 at 1:44 pm/et in Charlotte, NC. She weighed 6 lbs., 14 oz. and measured 19.5" long. Dad offered that she is absolutely beautiful and affectionately referred to her as "Baby J" as the proud parents have yet to decide on a name. While commenting that sleep was at a minimum last night, he is extremely happy about getting to spend time with his girls before leaving for the race weekend in Chicago.(Lowe's Racing)(7-8-2010)

call_me_andrew
9th July 2010, 04:37
Good for them.

Why do some people take so long to pick a name?

harvick#1
9th July 2010, 04:45
congrats to Jimmie and Chandra :up:

and that is true, I guess 9 months wasnt enough to think of a name

Jonesi
9th July 2010, 06:01
Oh, they probably have a couple of names, what they don't have is a compromise. ;)

slorydn1
9th July 2010, 06:15
Oh, they probably have a couple of names, what they don't have is a compromise. ;)

That's the problem my wife and I had....Jr was 3 hours old when he was named....she gave in...

Congrats to JJ and Chandi

Mark in Oshawa
9th July 2010, 08:15

That is the truth. When my daughter was born, we had a list of names for boys and girls, and in the end, my wife at the time, and I took one look at the girl, and realized none of them fit. She looked like someone on my side of the family for sure, so we named her after my cousin after a day of thinking. Never regretted it either.

Sometimes it is better to sleep on it for a day or two. I congratulate JJ and Shannie for sure, and I hope they don't agree on some stupid name like Apple or Rumer or something.

With all the great women's names of history, why the hell would anyone MAKE up something stupid for a child?

Jonesi
9th July 2010, 09:49
It's also better not to wait until the child is 3 years old and have them pick their own name, like Picabo.

harvick#1
9th July 2010, 16:41
Sometimes it is better to sleep on it for a day or two. I congratulate JJ and Shannie for sure, and I hope they don't agree on some stupid name like Apple or Rumer or something.

With all the great women's names of history, why the hell would anyone MAKE up something stupid for a child?

very true, you hear these names like Destiny, or Fate, or even Princess.

you actually feel bad for the kid when they grow up knowing they will prolly be made fun of the name

Mark in Oshawa
9th July 2010, 18:06
It's also better not to wait until the child is 3 years old and have them pick their own name, like Picabo.
The scary part is, she doesn't need a shrink...lol...

I despair of these idiot parents who let the kids have most hideously stupid names.....

I suspect Jimmie and Shannie will have better taste.

00steven
10th July 2010, 04:09
Congrats to JJ and Chandra. Wish the baby the best of health and happiness in life.