PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Sprint Cup Calendar

call_me_andrew
7th July 2010, 02:46
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-newest-ideas-for-next-year-070510

The rumor I heard is that SMI will may move Loudon 1 to Kentucky, which will probably force ISC to relocate Michigan 1 to Kansas.

slorydn1
7th July 2010, 05:09
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-newest-ideas-for-next-year-070510

The rumor I heard is that SMI will may move Loudon 1 to Kentucky, which will probably force ISC to relocate Michigan 1 to Kansas.

I don't see how Bruton doing anything forces the France's to do something

call_me_andrew
7th July 2010, 05:36
Well if Kentucky get's a race, that will leave the midwest horribly oversaturated. You can probably drive from Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Bristol Motor Speedway, passing Kentucky Speedway as you travel, and never stopping for gas.

Kansas Speedway, on the other hand, is geographically isolated and shares a oligopoly with Texas Motor Speedway on the great plains region.

Mark in Oshawa
7th July 2010, 08:38
Well if Kentucky get's a race, that will leave the midwest horribly oversaturated. You can probably drive from Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Bristol Motor Speedway, passing Kentucky Speedway as you travel, and never stopping for gas.

Kansas Speedway, on the other hand, is geographically isolated and shares a oligopoly with Texas Motor Speedway on the great plains region.

This of course is again assuming that Bruton Smith has any influence with the France's. If they were going to pull a race out of Michigan, they should have done so about 2 years ago when attendance really started to tail off.

Kentucky wont GET a date until its previous owners (on paper still partners with Bruton) drop their lawsuit. Bruton knows this, and knows this is one time he wont get anywhere with NASCAR. Until that happens, your dream of seeing a race at Kentucky will remain just that.

Personally, I would rather they take a race from Michigan, but not give it to Kansas OR Kentucky, but rather put it in a market or in a place radically new. Whether that be Canada, or say Portland on the road course, THAT from a marketing point of view might make more sense, and help the teams who insist it would make more economic sense to build a road course car for 3 or 4 races instead of 2, but alas, NASCAR has ignored their teams on that. They are big on expanding their economic footprint though.

That said, I think that Kansas date will come from another ISC track, and Michigan is ripe for the picking.

New Hampshire will not lose their 2 dates. On the contrary, Once Smith saw the support he gets in New England, he told them publically that he wasn't touching their two dates or really the track either. Sellouts with 103000 twice a year you don't mess with. Especially when a race in Kentucky is hours away from Bristol, Indy, Michigan, Pocono and Chicagoland....

00steven
7th July 2010, 17:06
According to Jayski.com a NH race, an Atlanta race and an Auto Club speedway race may come off the schedule. And would be replaced with Kansas, Kentucky and Las Vegas. I kinda like the idea of ending the season at Vegas myself.

Mark in Oshawa
8th July 2010, 18:46
Jay ski is saying that? Well they got their math right. The Fontana Date goes to Kansas (ISC doesn't lose a race) and Bruton shuffles off two dates from NH and Atlanta to Kentucky and Vegas.

The fly in the ointment in all of this with Bruton is his promise he wouldn't take a race from New Hampshire (that was just last year after both races sold out) and the lawsuit Kentucky's original cartel of owners still has with NASCAR. NASCAR has been adament, they wont even talk to anyone about Kentucky until that goes away....and they should be. Just because you are rich enough to build a superspeedway shouldn't mean NASCAR is obligated to give you a race. You keep forgetting if NASCAR puts a race in Kentucky, they just rewarded that mentality...with a legal precedance.