PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for Failure at the World Cup

Valve Bounce
2nd July 2010, 07:05
It seems the Nigerian team will be banned from playing soccer for two years and will not get heaps of money. I remember when Iraq failed at the qualifying stage, I think Sadam's son Uday incarcerated the players and had them tortured. Now the North Korean team, having been beaten 7-0, have arrived in North Korea stony faced. A former coach who wisely fled North Korea several years ago said that the team members will now be forced to work in the coal mines instead of being rewarded with large houses and plenty of food.

I just wonder whether anyone else has had to suffer for ignominious defeat at soccer.

Tazio
2nd July 2010, 07:10
:rolleyes: I just wonder if you can provide me with the LINKS PLEASE ;)

Mark
2nd July 2010, 07:53
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8780028.stm
Nigeria risk explusion from FIFA

Tazio
2nd July 2010, 07:57
Thanks Mark!!
I guess we will never know the details in regard to N. Korea! :mad:

Mark
2nd July 2010, 08:17
Well apparently it happened before in 1966, but there's no indication it's going to happen again this time:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/report-north-korean-world-cup-team-sent-to-coal-mines-as-punishment-for-losing/blog-364897/

Valve Bounce
3rd July 2010, 02:06
Thanks Mark!!
I guess we will never know the details in regard to N. Korea! :mad:

Sorry buddy, it was in the news yesterday. I'll try to trawl through the newspaper websites to see if I can find it for you. I think it was in the Australian. I'll come back on this one if I can.

Here ya are: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/football-really-can-be-a-punishing-sport-especially-if-you-lose/story-fn5ephkw-1225887214024

markabilly
3rd July 2010, 13:23
It seems the Nigerian team will be banned from playing soccer for two years and will not get heaps of money. .
could have been worse, all of them could have been banned from playing with their balls.....

Valve Bounce
3rd July 2010, 13:58
could have been worse, all of them could have been banned from playing with their balls.....

I think that punishment has been reserved for the Italians.

markabilly
3rd July 2010, 15:25
I think that punishment has been reserved for the Italians.
not much punishment, they never played with theirs anyway...

donKey jote
3rd July 2010, 18:35
bet yer missus did though :dozey:

markabilly
3rd July 2010, 18:40
bet yer missus did though :dozey:
you lose, I checked with her and she said they did not have any, as so typical :dozey:

Valve Bounce
4th July 2010, 00:31
you lose, I checked with her and she said they did not have any, as so typical :dozey:

..................oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!! ! That was below the belt. :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2010, 06:24
In Canada, we just hold inquiries into why our hockey team doesn't win. When our soccer team doesn't win, we shrug our shoulders, and think, any sport played by a bunch of actors playing hurt is inferior to one where limping off with broken limbs stoic like.