Bob Riebe
1st July 2010, 18:58
Happy First of July Mark.

donKey jote
1st July 2010, 23:49
Happy Domina Day Markabilly.

Easy Drifter
2nd July 2010, 01:39
For those of us in Ontario it is not a very happy Dominion day. Dear, wont' increase taxes Premier liar McGuinty has just brought in the Harmonized Sales Tax with our federal GST (5%). Ont. sales tax was 8% and remains the same under GST but is now extended to much more. Electric Power, heating oil and gas and propane just a few. The big hit will be gas for your car. An 8% increase or right now about 24 cents to 30 cents per gallon. 7 to 9 cents a litre. The list of items not previously taxed by the Province is huge.
One item where the tax is actually reduced is liquor but the Govt. contolled outlets (all) will not reduce any prices to control excessive consumption. Yeah right. Nanny state strikes again. :mad:

Tazio
2nd July 2010, 05:59
Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2010, 06:28
Thanks to all, and Bob, it was Dominion day til I was 17, and then it became Canada Day. Yet another PC idea from the people in Canada bound and determined to erase any history we had that might lead people to believe we once had more than a passing connection to the Commonwealth and the UK.

anthonyvop
4th July 2010, 17:35
For our friends in the Great White North.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!

Captain VXR
5th July 2010, 00:05
Dominion day???
Canadia's been watching too much Deep Space 9

Mark in Oshawa
5th July 2010, 06:22
For our friends in the Great White North.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
God keep our land glorious and free!

Thank you sir...

I hope and trust you had a great Fourth of July.

I spent it seeing the Queen ( someone you of course wouldn't bow to or understand ) at the races today, and met an American there. He was rather bemused that our Queen is the one he thought was the Queen of England, but I as I showed him our money with the Queen on the one side, he began to understand maybe Canada is a little different from the US and NOT what he assumed.

It is ok....we like you Americans a lot more than we admit, and we just want to be a tad different. The Queen is part of that, but I am happy you put up the anthem there.

Bonus points would be if someone found the lyrics for the "Maple Leaf Forever"...which is an almost forgotten song that once was our national anthem in the same manner as "God Bless America" was yours...