PDA

View Full Version : new crue chief for Kenseth

wbcobrar
27th June 2010, 16:58
www. (ww.matkenseth.com)matkenseth.com (ww.matkenseth.com)

wbcobrar
27th June 2010, 17:24
Jimmy Fenning (Milwaukee native) to replace Todd Parrot as chief of the #17 . Also Richie Davis (do to his having worked well with Fenning in the past) is the new car chief . Still trying to replace Riser on that box . The Fords in general have struggled this year. But Matt seemed to be the best of the bunch . Is this a little extreme of a move at this point of the year? Who asked for this move? I'm not saying Fenning is not perfect for the job , but I did'nt know Parrot was the problem. Has anyone listened to the race scanner and or heard anything outside of performance that may have led to this move? I know the Cat in the Hat will shake things up once in a while but Kenseth has worked with one crew chief forever , and now he's changing them like underwear .

muggle not
27th June 2010, 23:28
It will take more than a crew chief change to make Kenseth a top driver.

wbcobrar
1st July 2010, 23:12
Well Muggle not , clearly your not Matt Kenseth fan #1 , (I feel we have been over this before). I'll just point out that , in spite of Fords struggles this year the 17 is (for the moment) solidly in the chase, and has accumulated the most points of the blue oval gang . That is why a crew chief change has me sort of worried about the rest of his year. :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2010, 06:57
Well Muggle not , clearly your not Matt Kenseth fan #1 , (I feel we have been over this before). I'll just point out that , in spite of Fords struggles this year the 17 is (for the moment) solidly in the chase, and has accumulated the most points of the blue oval gang . That is why a crew chief change has me sort of worried about the rest of his year. :eek:

Failing some bad luck in wrecks, the top Ford really has been the 9. That said, the 17 is the best of a bad lot over at Roush.

They have never found a guy who works well with Matt because Matt was so used to Reiser he doesn't give any new guy much slack. Matt wont adapt...and until he does, he will struggle...

wbcobrar
5th July 2010, 00:19
The company line is the crew chief change was ordered by Jack. Due to "software issues" Roush cars are arriving at the track way off on the desired set up , and apparently Fenning works through these problems quicker than Parrot. Clearly the Fords in general, and Roush in particular are way behind, suffering the type of lack of performance that Childress was wading through at the start of last season. I see nothing to tell me the problems are getting better, on the contrary, the Fenway Fords seem to be farther off as the season wares on. The crew chief change seems little more than the proverbial deck chairs on a Titantic season.

Mark in Oshawa
5th July 2010, 05:57
Whatever the reason, Jack wants results, and more people will be in trouble if they don't start winning. Jack isn't a guy to sit quiet while people spend his money to finish 20th..

wbcobrar
5th July 2010, 18:59
I agree that if performance is suffering , heads should roll. I just think of all the issues that exist at Roush , Todd Parrot was not the first head I would remove. I think a lot of the blame rests at the feet of the Cat in the Hat. The testing rule has just crushed Roush Fenway in a deep and systemic way. Testing was implimented to save teams money, when in fact it forced the teams to spend all this cash on 7 point shaker rigs with expensive simulation hard, and software. I believe Jack has lost the information and teck war to the other orginizations, and as can be the case, they are now trying to play catch-up. But as is also the case Gibbs, Hentrick, Ginassy , Penskee ,etc...are not about to slow down. With Roush as the virtual source for Ford parts, all Ford teams are suffering. When all drivers in Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and even Trucks are underperforming , and you have the new FR9 that seems to be a good thing, you have to look at the cars missing the set up when they arrive at the track. Petty has way better set ups, and they are sharing info with Roush. I just think the engineering department is where I would start making the changes. :roll:

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2010, 16:13
I agree that if performance is suffering , heads should roll. I just think of all the issues that exist at Roush , Todd Parrot was not the first head I would remove. I think a lot of the blame rests at the feet of the Cat in the Hat. The testing rule has just crushed Roush Fenway in a deep and systemic way. Testing was implimented to save teams money, when in fact it forced the teams to spend all this cash on 7 point shaker rigs with expensive simulation hard, and software. I believe Jack has lost the information and teck war to the other orginizations, and as can be the case, they are now trying to play catch-up. But as is also the case Gibbs, Hentrick, Ginassy , Penskee ,etc...are not about to slow down. With Roush as the virtual source for Ford parts, all Ford teams are suffering. When all drivers in Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and even Trucks are underperforming , and you have the new FR9 that seems to be a good thing, you have to look at the cars missing the set up when they arrive at the track. Petty has way better set ups, and they are sharing info with Roush. I just think the engineering department is where I would start making the changes. :roll:

Good points...but maybe Parrot was trusting the Petty infomation also....it is hard to say since we are guessing. That said, Jack likes to make showy stands of making things happen by changing crew chiefs I think at times to send the message.

You are right, there is more to this than Todd Parrot, but like a manager of a major league baseball team being fired when it is the players underperforming, it is symbolic.