PDA

View Full Version : Moron of the race

Daniel
27th June 2010, 13:32
Mark Webber.

ioan
27th June 2010, 13:34
Mark Webber.

Quite obvious trend develops with this driver.

ioan
27th June 2010, 13:36
Ross Brawn is also in contention with MS' pit stop under SC!

And Ferrari too.

markabilly
27th June 2010, 13:53
Ross Brawn is also in contention with MS' pit stop under SC!

And Ferrari too.
from 3rd place to last....good move ross....except I got to wonder how/who/put on the red light for him and not vettel?

christophulus
27th June 2010, 13:53
Mercedes having a shocker, brakes overheating already!

ioan
27th June 2010, 13:54
from 3rd place to last....good move ross....except I got to wonder how/who/put on the red light for him and not vettel?

Charlie 'stupid' Whiting, who else?

Daniel
27th June 2010, 13:54
Charlie 'studpid' Whiting, who else?
studpid? :p

ioan
27th June 2010, 13:55
studpid? :p

Oups, my bad.
With all this great racing going on I forgot to double check. :D

markabilly
27th June 2010, 13:57
Opps hamilton might be under investigation??? Maybe the red light was for Hamilton and not MS??

after all this is Spain....

ioan
27th June 2010, 14:01
Add Hamilton to the donkey list for overtaking the SC. Even though it was more Whiting's fault for sending the SC out to late and to slow.

markabilly
27th June 2010, 14:02
Well Kobe should be in line for being best blocker of the race, how did he get so high up???

AND speaking of blocking, my illegal feed just got blocked off

Boo, hiss hiss hiss

ioan
27th June 2010, 14:05
Well Kobe should be in line for being best blocker of the race, how did he get so high up???

Looks like Peter Sauber is a much better tactician then Brawn.

ioan
27th June 2010, 14:09
What the hell was that marshal doing that far on the track without double yellows or a SC situation?

markabilly
27th June 2010, 14:14
well according to the commentary that penalty really really hurt old hamilton.....knocked him backwards from second place to second place

Koby should get a share of the points from hamilton for that, and for Jennie not having balls enough to pass koby and let the rest have a go....or given what happenned with webber, for having too much brains to try to pass koby

donKey jote
27th June 2010, 14:15
Donkey of the race: the SC !!!

Ranger
27th June 2010, 14:20
Webber takes the cake. Hopefully he slaps himself back together and gets a good result in Silverstone.

Hamilton having no net loss with penalty with Alonso 9th is quite a sham.

Daniel
27th June 2010, 14:21
Webber takes the cake. Hopefully he slaps himself back together and gets a good result in Silverstone.

Hamilton having no net loss with penalty with Alonso 9th is quite a sham.
He won't. He didn't admit that he made a mistake when he talked to DC..... typical effing Mark. I did it and that's that, it was the other guys fault.

Ranger
27th June 2010, 14:24
He won't. He didn't admit that he made a mistake when he talked to DC..... typical effing Mark. I did it and that's that, it was the other guys fault.

I'll wait for Mark's own words on that one.

Daniel
27th June 2010, 14:25
I'll wait for Mark's own words on that one.
Would DC make that sort of thing up though? DC is no tabloid journalist.....

markabilly
27th June 2010, 14:26
well I just vote for f1 managment....I get up at 6am to watch a race, find out it id delayed broadcast at 11, get me a horrible feed, but enough to sort of see.......and then get blocked

but the logic of penalties seems to be lost.....

if brawn had left schuie out like el koby, then schuie could be blocking everyone and even gotten a podium

or if ferrari had left ole freddie out there.....oh well

wedge
27th June 2010, 14:30
Balcony babes in the pool

Wonder if they can name 5 drivers on on the grid apart from Alonso

Ranger
27th June 2010, 14:34
Would DC make that sort of thing up though? DC is no tabloid journalist.....

No, but he isn't a journalist either.

The exact wording is pretty important.

RMLCruzeing82
27th June 2010, 14:37
Saftey car driver and the people that send him out.....giving hammy drive though was ridiculous :mad:

ioan
27th June 2010, 14:37

Naming one would already be a new world record. ;)

ioan
27th June 2010, 14:47
I don't think I'd even watch the race if I was in that pool... :p

Good choice, there's always a replay of the race later sometimes! ;)

Daniel
27th June 2010, 14:48
I don't think I'd even watch the race if I was in that pool... :p
I wouldn't blame you if your blowout preventer failed :p

AndyL
27th June 2010, 15:03
I never saw a decent replay of the Senna-Glock incident, but whichever one of them was trying to overtake the other while they were having blue flags waved at them was pretty dumb.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 15:22
ross brawn/mercedes team for screwing MSC's race completely.
I have not seen this kind of ineptitude in a long time.
There was absolutely no need to bring in MSC at that time. Starting where they did, it was a huge gift that fell on their lap and the team just trashed it

ioan
27th June 2010, 15:24
I never saw a decent replay of the Senna-Glock incident, but whichever one of them was trying to overtake the other while they were having blue flags waved at them was pretty dumb.

Glock is it then.

ioan
27th June 2010, 15:25
ross brawn/mercedes team for screwing MSC's race completely.
I have not seen this kind of ineptitude in a long time.

You've got short memory, it's enough to take a look at Ferrari's strategy calls during the last 2 or 3 seasons.
Not that I want to excuse Brawn's brain dead move today.

Mia 01
27th June 2010, 16:08
Mercedes strategy calls, embarrising. The reliability, brakes shut after twentyfive laps, what is this.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 16:13

I got no problem with those babes, why should F1 fans be limited to folks like us? the more the merrier I say. besides beautiful women have been part of F1 since forever. I could care less if they couldn't count to 5, I'd jump into the pool with them and enjoy a fantastic view of the race and 5 other fantastic views ;)

btw Why would you assume they know nothing of F1?

truefan72
27th June 2010, 16:15
I wouldn't blame you if your blowout preventer failed :p

:)

Mia 01
27th June 2010, 16:16
Thoose women looked dedicated to F1. They where experts.

F1boat
27th June 2010, 16:19
Bruno Senna.

Daika
27th June 2010, 16:20

I think de women are really the losers of the race. They are just pieces of nice meat for Formula 1. Felt a bit sorry for mankind. A stairway full of dozens women the drivers have to walk by is pretty sick.

Ranger
27th June 2010, 16:28
No, but he isn't a journalist either.

The exact wording is pretty important.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84843

"Yeah, he braked, or lifted or whatever, and it turns out it's about 80 metres before I braked for the previous lap so I mean it's a different category to what had happened the previous few laps."

markabilly
27th June 2010, 16:29
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdu67p_mark-webber-crash-valencia

Daniel
27th June 2010, 16:30
Mallen, Mark makes some good points of course, but this isn't amateur season, he knew the Lotus was slower and tbh should have taken a corner or so to work out just how slow he was.

markabilly
27th June 2010, 16:33
another airborne crash in the gp2 race....scary stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8fL8yv7R4&feature=player_embedded#

Ranger
27th June 2010, 16:38
Mallen, Mark makes some good points of course, but this isn't amateur season, he knew the Lotus was slower and tbh should have taken a corner or so to work out just how slow he was.

I didn't know how early Kovalainen had to break for that corner.

Nonetheless Webber should have been more circumspect, but then again we can all say that in hindsight. :)

Frustrating, but all in all a racing incident.

ioan
27th June 2010, 16:38
I think de women are really the losers of the race. They are just pieces of nice meat for Formula 1. Felt a bit sorry for mankind. A stairway full of dozens women the drivers have to walk by is pretty sick.

Totally agree.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 17:21
just read Ross Brawn's and MSC's comments about the red light situation in the pit lane and I must agree with their assessment, it was another terrible call by the stewards. so I slightly rescind my moron/donkey although I still think that they should have left him out on the track

ioan
27th June 2010, 17:24
just read Ross Brawn's and MSC's comments about the red light situation in the pit lane and I must agree with their assessment, it was another terrible call by the stewards. so I slightly rescind my moron/donkey although I still think that they should have left him out on the track

He was going to be close to the back of the field anyway so their decision to pit him is at least strange, no matter if there was a red light or not. In fact the red light became their best excuse for what was a stupid decision.

truefan72
27th June 2010, 17:26
He was going to be close to the back of the field anyway so their decision to pit him is at least strange, no matter if there was a red light or not. In fact the red light became their best excuse for what was a stupid decision.

ok, ok I concede

back to full donkey status :)

ShiftingGears
27th June 2010, 17:41

It would've taken that long to figure it out, but by then it could've been too late to do anything about it without significantly losing out.

Considering how difficult it is to pass here, drivers definitely want to get a move done first go - look at Alonso. Two mistakes by a Toro Rosso, both of which he was unable to capitalise on and spent the whole race behind Buemi.

Which isn't excusing his mistake, either.

spudrsca
27th June 2010, 18:01
Whiting and his crew.
The timing of the safety car release was very poor.

Garry Walker
27th June 2010, 18:01

Usually it is his prick of a teammate who refuses to admit to any mistake on his part (for his obvious belief that he is the wunderkid, the chosen one, the golden boy).

Prick: alonso.

Ent
27th June 2010, 18:08
Glock has received a 20 second penalty for his brain fade - trying to overtake Senna while having blue flags waved at him and almost taking out Kobayashi in the process.

Glock clearly gets my vote.

Tazio
27th June 2010, 18:13
Mark Webber.

Disagree: Chopper Mark Webber

steveaki13
27th June 2010, 18:16
Whoever threw that Bottle onto the track

And then who ever told that Marshall to go and get it with no SC.

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2010, 18:19
Webber: For crashing into the back of Kovalainen.

Alonso: For being stuck behind a much inferior car for half of the race, whining over the radio about Hamilton, and then getting his a$$ handed to him by Kobayashi in the last couple of laps.

I am evil Homer
27th June 2010, 18:22
Alonso's engineer too for moaning about how unfair it was that Lewis was handed the right penalty and served it!!!!!

ioan
27th June 2010, 18:34
Alonso's engineer too for moaning about how unfair it was that Lewis was handed the right penalty and served it!!!!!

Stella has always been a twit, the only difference is that now he has a driver who seconds him. :\

Saint Devote
27th June 2010, 18:49
EVERYONE that governs F1.

But then today did not surprise me because it is Valencia after all. What a display of ineptitude and cronyism.

I do think that Jean Todt is a bad leader - like Obama - and unlike Max Mosely - George Bush - nobody fears him. The FIA is in disarray and today's display was a disgrace.

At least there is Silverstone to look forward to. A REAL race track.

pino
27th June 2010, 19:02
Whiting and his crew.
The timing of the safety car release was very poor.

:up:

AndyL
27th June 2010, 19:19

Unfair on the engineer IMO. Alonso was whining and what his engineer said was roughly "yes it's very unfair, but now we have to concentrate on racing the guy in front of us." The engineer has to say whatever's needed to keep his driver's head in the right place, which I think he did.

Saint Devote
27th June 2010, 19:29

F1 no longer cares about the true fan - its been that way for a while now.

It is all about the casual idiot that just wants to "go and have fun". So it has to cater to the majority moronic level.

How do we solve this? Its too late.

Those women are being paid and a paycheck does tend to trump principle.

They are working and are not the low end of the spectrum, the worst type of person - the groupie girl.

Tazio
27th June 2010, 19:34
Unfair on the engineer IMO. Alonso was whining and what his engineer said was roughly "yes it's very unfair, but now we have to concentrate on racing the guy in front of us." The engineer has to say whatever's needed to keep his driver's head in the right place, which I think he did.

+1 everyone is alredy over it. except the press and those that project their lives vicariously through others!

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 20:44
None other than the out-of-sell-by-date man Dr Alonso.
i wish he is not so gay to think about hamilton throughout the race than driving for himself and the team to produce a good race result for ferrari.. the racist spanish (ferrari) fans and negro-hating little englanders really need to have thier heads checked and come to reality that Alonso/Massa has gone past thier sell by date and they are definitely not in Lewis hamiltons league// and stop throwing toys out of the pram ..show your passion on the track.

donKey jote
27th June 2010, 21:03
:dozey:

woody2goody
27th June 2010, 21:08
I'm going to say Hamilton, because despite the fact he drove very well, he very nearly took out both himself and vettel by running wide at turn 2, and also for his safety car blunder which almost cost him a podium.

Close second is Webber and kovalainen for potentially nearly killing each other.

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 21:31
I'm going to say Hamilton, because despite the fact he drove very well, he very nearly took out both himself and vettel by running wide at turn 2, and also for his safety car blunder which almost cost him a podium.

Close second is Webber and kovalainen for potentially nearly killing each other.
wheel banging for positions is a prettymuch normal thing 1st and 2nd turns after start.. if you lift you are seen as weaker , if you dont lift you seen as moron... Lewis Hamilton lives for another day, he could have actually won the race by kicking ass Vettel if he didnt have the penalty...again inches decided the winners outcome today/

i would say 10% blame on Kovie and Webber carries a big chunk of blame himself, he is not a good overtaker..someone drivers so closely trying to overtake a car copying everymove is an utter idiot.. that why MW will never be a worldchamp, he is not that kind of material though

Jag_Warrior
27th June 2010, 21:48

Show me where these poor females are the victims of white slavery and I'll agree with you. But as far as I know, none of them have whip marks across their backs and there's always been a lot of competition to be a grid girl. If any of them have a problem with the job, my advice to them is don't do it. No one is forcing them.

Anyway, I'd have to put Mark Webber, Ross Brawn and the FIA's procedures on deploying the SC down for (actual) morons of the race.

Daniel
27th June 2010, 21:51
:dozey:
I think someone has a slight chip on their shoulder Donkey :dozey:

*Baniel gives the very non-racist Donkey a hug* :p

donKey jote
27th June 2010, 22:19
oi none of that or someone here might think you is being secretly Gay like Alonso.. //
;) :laugh:

wmcot
28th June 2010, 23:33
On track - Webber, for thinking that all of the "inferior" teams should automatically move out of his way even when he is racing them for position (that's why there were no blue flags before the blue sky moment, Mark)

Off track - whoever is responsible for sending the safety car out to pick up the 3rd place car (actually, the 2nd placed car, but he went right on by) and then making up random penalties for various infractions.

tmx
29th June 2010, 03:15
I can't blame Webber on this one because Kovalainen moved left and right a bit and causes some confusion, he should have moved left and stay in one place.

I think de women are really the losers of the race. They are just pieces of nice meat for Formula 1. Felt a bit sorry for mankind. A stairway full of dozens women the drivers have to walk by is pretty sick. And when the drivers are getting interviewed they have more mic and camera pointing at them than a president, but then its F1. I'm more annoyed that they spent 25% of the race showing Lewis Hamilton girlfriend.

Jag_Warrior
29th June 2010, 10:00
I'm more annoyed that they spent 25% of the race showing Lewis Hamilton girlfriend.

When she's happy, she often jumps up & down. :s mokin: As long as they catch those shots (can't we get some slo-mo in the garage?!), I'm OK with anything below 50%. :D

markabilly
29th June 2010, 14:33
after watching some parts of race again, the brawn team clearly deserves to be there also...they went backward at qing, appearantly using the harder tires.....

during the early part of the race, the drivers were warned repeatedly to lay off the brakes as they were over-heating and would not make it to the end...appearantly because to save weight they used rotors that were too thin....
the MS pit stop during the caution....

I am evil Homer
29th June 2010, 14:45
Marka you have a good point...Brawn were clueless all weekend and were really saved by Nico having an excellent race given the problems.

harsha
30th June 2010, 05:47
webber n alonso

Tazio
30th June 2010, 06:02
None other than the out-of-sell-by-date man Dr Alonso.
i wish he is not so gay to think about hamilton throughout the race than driving for himself and the team to produce a good race result for ferrari.. the racist spanish (ferrari) fans and negro-hating little englanders really need to have thier heads checked and come to reality that Alonso/Massa has gone past thier sell by date and they are definitely not in Lewis hamiltons league// and stop throwing toys out of the pram ..show your passion on the track.

I love the smell of a good banning in the morning! :laugh:

RJL25
30th June 2010, 12:22
On one hand Kovi isn't supposed to move twice on the straight, you move once and then stay there, he moved right, then left, but anyway it doesn't matter the accident was Mark's fault, but I don't understand the level of hatred some fans put towards Mark, yeah he cocked up today, but geez had he hit the back of that Lotus on slightly more of an angle his car would have flown into the catch fence and we could be talking about the first death in F1 for a long time... ease up a bit I reckon

ioan
30th June 2010, 22:34
I'm more annoyed that they spent 25% of the race showing Lewis Hamilton girlfriend.

To be honest this is a huge improvement over showing his father for 25% of the race! :D

wmcot
2nd July 2010, 07:29
To be honest this is a huge improvement over showing his father for 25% of the race! :D

I wouldn't call it "huge." ;)