PDA

View Full Version : RBR 'Trying to find speed' thread.

Ari
6th March 2007, 00:56
So what's the latest? Any confirmation on the whereabouts and dates for their extra testing sessions? Anything?

They need to somehow find a couple seconds with their new aero package. If they can, it will be a miracle!

W8&C
6th March 2007, 01:58
Trying to find Speed? Maybe they take a look at the affiliated STR team? :)

Ed
6th March 2007, 10:10
beat me to it!

Ranger
6th March 2007, 10:45
Speed's suit was hanging in the STR cupboard for the entire offseason. Problem is, Berger decided he'd keep Speed hanging in there too.

jens
6th March 2007, 18:41
Actually I think that Webber might surprise at Albert Park as he has always been quick there, whatever the car is. I think he may well qualify into the last session and fight for points in the race. Not sure, what is gonna happen in the next races though.

I tend to bring a parallel from 2004, when Jaguar was also quite uncompetitive, but Mark qualified 6th in Australia and was driving 8th until retirement. But for most of the season he was driving out of point positions.

Allyc85
6th March 2007, 19:50
the test is meant to be at Magny Cours and ive heard that Toyota will be there too.

Ari
6th March 2007, 22:50
Trying to find Speed? Maybe they take a look at the affiliated STR team? :)

Har har.... oh that was a tough one! ;)

futuretiger9
6th March 2007, 23:49
the test is meant to be at Magny Cours and ive heard that Toyota will be there too.

Two teams clearly worried about their pre-season form. Red Bull's difficulties are fairly well documented, whereas Toyota have been keeping a very low profile.

jens
7th March 2007, 12:53
Two teams clearly worried about their pre-season form. Red Bull's difficulties are fairly well documented, whereas Toyota have been keeping a very low profile.

I read from somewhere that in Ralf's opinion new Toyota TF107 is a 'catastrophe' and that they would be lucky to beat anyone in Australia...

K-Pu
7th March 2007, 17:52
A "catastrophe".

And I thought Alonso was always complaining. Now thatīs a good complain!

wmcot
8th March 2007, 07:52
I read from somewhere that in Ralf's opinion new Toyota TF107 is a 'catastrophe' and that they would be lucky to beat anyone in Australia...

Especially after Jarno beat him by about 4 seconds in Jerez testing today after Ralf had 2 spins! Sounds like the car suits JT fine!