PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my new PC with Windows 7

Valve Bounce
25th June 2010, 02:11
Any setting up hints would be very welcome.

Valve Bounce
25th June 2010, 07:53
I am having a little problem with my Windows Media PLayer - I can't find any selections for bass control or other enhancements

Can someone help, please?

Mark
26th June 2010, 11:17
If that is your only problem it must have went well!

Valve Bounce
26th June 2010, 13:14
If that is your only problem it must have went well!
Well, actually it didn't. :(
The PC crashed twice yesterday, then while I had the DELL guy on the phone today, it crashed another two times.
The arrangement is for the PC to be replaced; it then crashed once again later today.

Valve Bounce
29th June 2010, 00:23
My new PC is stuffed - conked right out. I have asked for a new replacement.

CaptainRaiden
29th June 2010, 09:20
My new PC is stuffed - conked right out. I have asked for a new replacement.

That's weird. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and never had a better OS in my life, works much better than XP ever did. Of course, it has little stupidities as well, but I like how it makes everything easier, especially with the driver installation. Did your PC crash while playing a game or running some graphic intensive software?

Dave B
29th June 2010, 09:27
You don't have much luck with computers, do ya Valve? :\

Daniel
29th June 2010, 10:06
Running windows 7 x64 on both of our pc's and it's fine.

What is the PC actually doing?

Valve Bounce
30th June 2010, 03:39
Running windows 7 x64 on both of our pc's and it's fine.

What is the PC actually doing?

It's very quiet - switched off. The PC crashed twice on the first day I got it, then when I rang DELL the second day, it crashed twice while the guy was trying to get me to open a browser. So he said they would consider replacing the PC. Then it crashed again later. Then I rang DELL again and they tried to get it going with the CD I was supplied with, but that didn't work at all. So after 45 minutes, the girl gave up, and I switched the PC off.

The only good thing about this PC so far is that it hasn't caught fire.

Anyway, long story short, DELL offered me a replacement PC which I accepted last night. They will also send me a Windows 7 OS CD y courier with which I will try to re-install Windows 7 with DELL on the phone at the same time guiding me.