PDA

View Full Version : RBR physics leader tracked down!!!!

lcd
24th June 2010, 09:25
According to this article, http://www.racedepartment.com/content/465-official-fia-wrc-2010-game-release.html Mr Eero Piitulainen
(physics lead on RBR ) Is currently In the dev team on EA's NFS Shift!!!!!!!

Francis44
24th June 2010, 11:02
Great, so perhaps is working with Criterion on NFS: Hot Pursuit 2?!

Thankfully he as a job, I wonder what happened to the other SCI Games employes.

Bruce D
24th June 2010, 11:05
Well clearly his input wasn't used for that game!

Anyway, wasn't the tyre model guy working on his own independent game that never saw the light of day? I remember seeing it in AutoSimSport.

Francis44
24th June 2010, 11:31
Well clearly his input wasn't used for that game!

Anyway, wasn't the tyre model guy working on his own independent game that never saw the light of day? I remember seeing it in AutoSimSport.

Was Shift that bad?! I haven't played it but friends say it's great.

Bruce D
24th June 2010, 12:13
As an arcade game it's fine, brilliant even with fantastic graphics and the handling is ok, but as a simulation that it tried to claim it was, it was horribly short.

CaptainRaiden
24th June 2010, 12:20
Was Shift that bad?! I haven't played it but friends say it's great.

No matter what settings you try, it has mega crap handling with a wheel. You can get better lap times with a keyboard or a gamepad. Too bad, because with NFS series' money winning + upgrade formula applied to a proper simulation, this could have been an amazing game, especially with the beautiful graphics, but not so.

This is what happens when they try to please both simulation and arcade fans, and compromise on the physics. I dearly hope this is not the case with the upcoming rally and F1 games.

Great, so perhaps is working with Criterion on NFS: Hot Pursuit 2?!

I don't think he is, since Shift was developed by Slightly Mad Studios, I think the same studio that worked on GTR2, and EA gave the next project, NFS World, entirely to Criterion, which is a different studio, so highly unlikely.

Bruce D
25th June 2010, 06:56
Yeah that was the thing too, it was developed by the same guys as GTR2 (they broke away from Simbin after GTR2), yet it was such a let down.