PDA

View Full Version : Austin Dillon to Drive the 21 at Loudon

slorydn1
23rd June 2010, 21:40
The nation's #1 outdoor retail leader, Bass Pro Shops, will sponsor Richard Childress Racing's #21 Chevy, with driver Austin Dillon, in the June 26 New England 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, N.H. A long-time motorsports supporter, Bass Pro Shops is also a primary sponsor of RCR's #3 Chevy in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.(RCR PR)(6-22-2010)

http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm#062210

This is his debut at Loudon, this will be his 7th start in the Nationwide Series.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 23:07
Nepotism? Ya...lol...but who is to fault a grandfather for putting his grandson in a car if he shows some talent? Austin I think has something....

00steven
24th June 2010, 00:54
I'm sure he'll get takin' out by someone who doesn't know what there doing... like Danica.

Sparky1329
24th June 2010, 06:57
The kid is pretty darn good, grandfather notwithstanding. I hope he stays far away from Danica, Steven. ;)

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 08:32
The kid is pretty darn good, grandfather notwithstanding. I hope he stays far away from Danica, Steven. ;)

That of course assumes she can stay with him! Oh I know..when he comes up to lap her around lap 10.....ok..maybe lap 30...

slorydn1
24th June 2010, 08:43
That of course assumes she can stay with him! Oh I know..when he comes up to lap her around lap 10.....ok..maybe lap 30...

It will be kinda hard to stay away from her when he'll be lapping her once every 12 laps at a 1 mile track (based on her usual 2.5 seconds per lap deficit and a race pace of 30 sec a lap).

I will give her credit for one thing tho...she knew that she needed to stay outta the way for the most part, and the two wrecks she had were not her fault.

Sparky1329
24th June 2010, 16:47
You guys are so mean to Ms Patrick. :D

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 22:24
You guys are so mean to Ms Patrick. :D
I can say I usually support women in motorsport, and in the beginning, I wanted to support Ms. Patrick. She just turned me off with her demeanour...

Sparky1329
25th June 2010, 07:03
I can say I usually support women in motorsport, and in the beginning, I wanted to support Ms. Patrick. She just turned me off with her demeanour...

I always support women in racing but she's no racer. She's a phony who exploits her gender by becoming the stereotype. I have no respect for a woman like her. Women have a hard time being taken seriously in motorsports. Danica adds nothing positive to the process.

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2010, 21:48
I always support women in racing but she's no racer. She's a phony who exploits her gender by becoming the stereotype. I have no respect for a woman like her. Women have a hard time being taken seriously in motorsports. Danica adds nothing positive to the process.

She has made the mainstream media pay attention to a woman in racing. In that, she has added a positive. They have blythly ignored her tantrums, snits and general crappy attitude and THAT is bad, but for little girls all over America realizing they can race too, it isn't a horrible thing that Danica is blown up. I just hope they are smart enough as they move up the racing ladder and immerse themselves in the culture is that Danica has done everything she can to alienate the true racing fan who respects the culture, tradition and ethics of the sport. She uses her sexuality and then complained if someone treated her any different than the boys.. Meanwhile, Sarah Fisher does it old school...and has the respect of the fans and the participants....but cant buy a break with the media and getting support...