PDA

View Full Version : LaJoie suspended by NASCAR and ESPN:Failed Drug Test

slorydn1
23rd June 2010, 20:33
Two-time NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Randy LaJoie told Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that he is guilty of violating NASCAR's substance abuse policy.
http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm#062210-lajoie

Marijuana, huh? At least we won't have a long drawn out court case here.

Shifter
23rd June 2010, 21:22
"Whoa, like, there's totally someone trying to pass you on the outside, dude!"

*sigh* I don't know. Seems kind of overblown to suspend someone indefinately for one hit of weed, and it's legal to drink yourself to death.

slorydn1
23rd June 2010, 21:27

LMAO :rotflmao:

It does seem a lil steep. But, WTH was he thinking, knowing that he had done that then going and applying for the spotter licence so soon after?

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 21:50

*sigh* I don't know. Seems kind of overblown to suspend someone indefinately for one hit of weed, and it's legal to drink yourself to death.

That was my attitude, but on Alex Hayden's Facebook page, he and a few others were all over Randy like a rash. Like "HOW DARE HE?" You would have thought he was stoned up in the starter's stand...

Anyone who knows Randy LaJoie knows his professionalism and his commitment to safety. To see him get the same penalty as Jeremy Mayfield technically shows you how indiscriminate NASCAR's policy is, and I don't have a fault with it, but lets not kid ourselves. Randy LaJoie being banned from NASCAR participation in any form because of this isn't like Jeremy Mayfield's test.

Randy was on Sirius Radio calling himself a Dumbass right away and apologizing for the test. A man willing to admit he was an ass doesn't deserve the roasting he got.

I don't condone drug use, don't use it, but to read some of the crap I read, I was ready to start smoking the stuff just to spite em...

Lee Roy
23rd June 2010, 22:03
That's a shame. I feel sorry for Randy.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 22:04

I don't know if I feel sorry for him really. He knew what he did, but I wont nail the guy to a cross and start looking for matches either..

It isn't like he didn't know he would have to do a drug test.....spotters were on the list for the mandatory testing all along...

00steven
23rd June 2010, 23:29

Not me!

Sparky1329
24th June 2010, 06:01

I do too but he was being what he said. A dumbass. It was a very stupid decision on his part.

Shifter
24th June 2010, 07:33
I say they should give Randy LaJoie the same 'punishment' as J.C. France.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 07:36

Ya think? I agree....and I think they look like idiots when JC is back in Grand AM without so much as a hiya at the nearest detox joint....

Sparky1329
24th June 2010, 15:50

That sounds fair to me.

Jag_Warrior
26th June 2010, 22:22

If that complete POS is ever allowed back on a racetrack, whatever sanctioning body allows it (and I don't care if it's ALMS/IMSA, GARRA or NASCAR) is NOTHING but a joke. I haven't heard anything about caveboy lately, so I assume "the family" bought him out of that? What he did was on the public streets: drunk and high! I hate people like him.

I don't agree with the NASCAR policy on pot... though you couldn't pay me to smoke a joint. But at the same time, LaJoie knew the policy and still broke the rule. So I don't feel sorry for him at all. Stupid people don't catch a lot of breaks in life. That's just how it's been since Day 1.

slorydn1
26th June 2010, 22:31
If that complete POS is ever allowed back on a racetrack, whatever sanctioning body allows it (and I don't care if it's ALMS/IMSA, GARRA or NASCAR) is NOTHING but a joke. I haven't heard anything about caveboy lately, so I assume "the family" bought him out of that? What he did was on the public streets: drunk and high! I hate people like him.

I don't agree with the NASCAR policy on pot... though you couldn't pay me to smoke a joint. But at the same time, LaJoie knew the policy and still broke the rule. So I don't feel sorry for him at all. Stupid people don't catch a lot of breaks in life. That's just how it's been since Day 1.

If memory serves young Mr France had a GA ride at the Glen.....

Agreed on the LaJoie situation

Jag_Warrior
26th June 2010, 22:51
If memory serves young Mr France had a GA ride at the Glen.....

Are you serious?! :angryfire

I'm in good spirits from laughing at The Danica's epic fail right now, so I don't even want to think about that. But I will say this, if I was Mayfield or LaJoie, I'd go to the very next Grand Am race and dare anybody to tell me that I couldn't compete.

Hearing that really does make me mad. That complete POS should be ashamed to even show his face at a race track again, knowing how his family boots out others for MUCH less.

Argh! Back to Danica before I get mad for the rest of the day.

slorydn1
26th June 2010, 23:02
Are you serious?! :angryfire

I'm in good spirits from laughing at The Danica's epic fail right now, so I don't even want to think about that. But I will say this, if I was Mayfield or LaJoie, I'd go to the very next Grand Am race and dare anybody to tell me that I couldn't compete.

Hearing that really does make me mad. That complete POS should be ashamed to even show his face at a race track again, knowing how his family boots out others for MUCH less.

Argh! Back to Danica before I get mad for the rest of the day.

Actually just checked...hes been in 4 races this year (Barber,VIR, Limerock, and the Glen) in the 9 Porsche DP car

http://www.grand-am.com/drivers/driver.cfm?series=r&did=1507

Sorry to pee in your Wheaties like that....its not exactly making me happy either :p :

Jag_Warrior
27th June 2010, 00:24
Well ain't that some ####! :rolleyes: It took me several years to accept Grand Am as a legitimate sanctioning body. Now I have to go back to thinking of it as maybe a notch above my local dirt track, where some drivers couldn't pass a breathalyzer if a stone cold sober preacher blew the straw for them.

Let me take a wild guess here. If I hunt through the Daytona public records, I'd say I'll find that the J.C. France DUI and cocaine possession charges quietly got marked down to little or nothing. Just looking at that half-evolved goof makes me change my mind on late term abortions. Other than Tony George and Andy Evans, I can't think of anyone in auto racing who I have less use for.

Mark in Oshawa
29th June 2010, 15:01
JC proves once again that the France family is "do as I say, not as I do"...but this flies under the radar with the NASCAR press corps because they know to point this out would be "bad" for them...

Hypocrites...

slorydn1
29th June 2010, 17:50
JC proves once again that the France family is "do as I say, not as I do"...but this flies under the radar with the NASCAR press corps because they know to point this out would be "bad" for them...

Hypocrites...

For the most part I gotta give the Nascar press corps a free pass on this one....most of them wouldn't know the GA Series if it suddenly ran through their living room. It was the perfect place to hide JC -right in plain sight.

slorydn1
29th June 2010, 18:12

Hypocrites...

For the most part I gotta give the Nascar press corps a free pass on this one....most of them wouldn't know the GA Series if it suddenly ran through their living room. It was the perfect place to hide JC -right in plain sight.

beachgirl
2nd July 2010, 02:16
Hate to burst some good hate going on, but. JC was busted on the street, by Daytona cops for drag-racing with his brother/halfbrother/stepbrother/good friend (pick one) IIRC, and when stopped, failed the tests. He wasn't drug tested at a track. Like any other racer catching a DWI on the street (which I personally consider to be really stupid), his/her penalty at the track will depend solely on his/her team owner, sponsor, contract, etc.

The thing about JC's situation that really sends me off into the stratosphere is that in the end, the whole thing was dismissed because the arresting officer allegedly followed them out of his immediate jurisdiction to make the arrest. This is apparently a no-no in Daytona, even though it's not a no-no in most of the rest of the country. I think it was a personal France no-no situation bailing him out, not NASCAR. But no matter what, it stinks.

Now, if he'd tested dirty at a random test at a track and then got off? Well, then we'd know all we'd really need to know, wouldn't we?

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2010, 06:58

The NASCAR press with the exception of the late David Poole, Ed Hinton and Monte Dutton wouldn't find their rear end with both hands if they were sitting on them. They stay away from making the France family mad.....and that culture of intimidation that old Bill Sr. used to wield still holds sway.