PDA

View Full Version : Backmarkers (Chandhok wants a chat with Alonso)

CNR
21st June 2010, 01:32
how boring would f1 be if the backmarkers had to let the front runners straight past ?

Karun Chandhok is eager to have a talk with Fernando Alonso after perhaps costing the Ferrari driver a chance at victory in Canada.
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/18227/6216945/Chandhok-wants-a-chat-with-Alonso

Chandhok, though, has revealed that he was all set to apologise to the Spaniard but wasn't able to talk to him.

my 2 cents
do not forget that alonso was not good enought to keep his place in f1 in 2002
http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2001/30.htmlhttp://www.formula1.com/results/team/2001/1977.html

Jag_Warrior
21st June 2010, 06:28
I suggest Chandock grow a pair and not worry about a simple racing incident. If Alonso continues to be bent out of shape about it, to heck with him. Alonso has done more dodgy things on purpose than Chandock has by accident.
Fuggetaboutit!

Tazio
21st June 2010, 13:02
I suggest Chandock grow a pair and not worry about a simple racing incident. If Alonso continues to be bent out of shape about it, to heck with him. :confused Alonso has done more dodgy things on purpose than Chandock has by accident.
Fuggetaboutit!

Alonso has done more dodgy things on purpose than Chandock has by accident.
Would that be because Fred is actually engaged in the races, and not (as in the case of Chandock) tooling around the track telling himself I have absolutely no bussiness thinking I have the talent to compete at this level :dozey:

How on god’s green earth can you find fault with Fred in the context of this story?
Honestly Jag I thought you were much better than this!
And a story from planet F1 to boot!
I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it but your F1 capitol just plummeted :down:

Tazio
21st June 2010, 13:05
how boring would f1 be if the backmarkers had to let the front runners straight past ?

Karun Chandhok is eager to have a talk with Fernando Alonso after perhaps costing the Ferrari driver a chance at victory in Canada.

my 2 cents
http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2001/30.htmlhttp://www.formula1.com/results/team/2001/1977.htmlYour entire post............
Absolute nonsense

CNR
21st June 2010, 13:38
Your entire post............
Absolute nonsense

yet you make 2 posts in this thread

alonso a blackmailer a cheat a thief

Lorenzo twice the man

markabilly
21st June 2010, 13:46
Jag I thought you were much better than this!
I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it but your F1 capitol just plummeted :down:

Go easy on him, he has been distracted his two women dream team from concentrating on more important things in life

Besides Freddie owes Chandie some gratitude and a nice thank you for giving him an excuse for getting run over and trounced by both Lewis and Button....

Jag_Warrior
21st June 2010, 22:00
Would that be because Fred is actually engaged in the races, and not (as in the case of Chandock) tooling around the track telling himself I have absolutely no bussiness thinking I have the talent to compete at this level :dozey:

How on god’s green earth can you find fault with Fred in the context of this story?
Honestly Jag I thought you were much better than this!

Be that as it may, what I'm saying is, "#### happens" during races - always has, always will. It's not as if Chandhok purposely did anything to Alonso. If he had, then that would be a different matter. But he didn't. So I see no reason for Chandhok to chase Alonso around the paddock apologizing to him. And if Alonso is still sore about it, then he's WAY too sensitive. I haven't noticed any stories about Schumacher chasing down Massa to apologze to him for that blatant (intentional) chop that ruined his race. Love him or hate him, Schumacher doesn't do that. He's not out there to make friends. And I don't recall hearing about Alonso apologizing to Massa for dive bombing him while entering the pits a few races ago - and that was his teammate!

Alonso is in the Ferrari right now because he displayed a killer instinct when he was in the dog Minardi years ago. Chandhok will never be in the Ferrari (or any other top car), in part because he doesn't have that killer instinct that ALL the top drivers have had: Lauda, Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schumacher, et al.

And if Chandhok actually has the belief that he has no business being out there, then I think the team will solve that problem for him before the end of the season. Now, I believe that about him. But if he believes it about himself, then he most definitely needs to get the hell off the track. Since he doesn't seem to have enough money (or self confidence) to stay in F1, he can always take his ride buyer checkbook and go run in the Top 10 in the IRL. :dozey:

ioan
21st June 2010, 22:13
Maybe Alonso could learn to race for a change and no amount of apologies will change the fact that Hamilton is a lot better racer than Alonso ever was or will be.

donKey jote
21st June 2010, 22:42
Maybe if markabilly´s auntie had any balls she´d be his uncle foasty.

woody2goody
21st June 2010, 23:18
It's not Alonso's fault.

Is it Karun Chandhok's? Maybe. We have seen him baulk a few drivers this season while being lapped moreso than others. I'm not criticising his talent, just maybe his judgement when getting the blue flags.

Tazio
21st June 2010, 23:47
This is really rich! I've never seen an event get so @$$ backwards in quite some time!
Chandhok wants to personally apologize to Fred.
This event happened 8 days ago. Could someone produce a legit link to anything Fred said less than 7 days ago about this? Off the top of my head I remember him saying in the post race news conference that he had bad luck with traffic. I also recall him saying it's something that just happens to you and sometimes to the other guy. finito!
What he actually was yapping about after Sunday was how pleased he was that the car was more competitive then it was in Turkey, and that he believes that he is still in the fight for the title. Mike was saying that right before Turkey and being I would say optimistic.

These comment are the only ones I can find from him, and I don't know what day they were made but the opinion article is dated the 16th so at the latest it could have been is the 15th and likely as this is not a news flash, or related to an exclusive interview it well could be earliar.
Anyone else have something less than 6 or 7 days old? If not, WTF?

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now, this is a stage event and the final one of those stages will not come until November in Abu Dhabi,” the two-time world champion said. “There is still a long way to go and things can change very quickly, going either one way or the other"

If you wish to call this an excuse your definition and mine come from different dictionaries.

Quite a bloody tempest in a teapot lads! :~)

slorydn1
22nd June 2010, 01:45
This is really rich! I've never seen an event get so @$$ backwards in quite some time!
Chandhok wants to personally apologize to Fred.
This event happened 8 days ago. Could someone produce a legit link to anything Fred said less than 7 days ago about this? Off the top of my head I remember him saying in the post race news conference that he had bad luck with traffic. I also recall him saying it's something that just happens to you and sometimes to the other guy. finito!
What he actually was yapping about after Sunday was how pleased he was that the car was more competitive then it was in Turkey, and that he believes that he is still in the fight for the title. Mike was saying that right before Turkey and being I would say optimistic.

These comment are the only ones I can find from him, and I don't know what day they were made but the opinion article is dated the 16th so at the latest it could have been is the 15th and likely as this is not a news flash, or related to an exclusive interview it well could be earliar.
Anyone else have something less than 6 or 7 days old? If not, WTF?

If you wish to call this an excuse your definition and mine come from different dictionaries.

Quite a bloody tempest in a teapot lads! :~)

Amen... especially for first part. I have yet to find a quote directly attributed to Alonso whining about Chandok. I gave up a couple of days ago.

Saint Devote
22nd June 2010, 02:14
I suggest Chandock grow a pair and not worry about a simple racing incident. If Alonso continues to be bent out of shape about it, to heck with him. Alonso has done more dodgy things on purpose than Chandock has by accident.
Fuggetaboutit!

Equating the affirmative action that has placed Chandok on the grid because Bernie WANTS him in f1, with Fernando Alonso, is just over the very HIGHEST top to say the least :eek:

Saint Devote
22nd June 2010, 02:20
Tazio, perhaps dear Karun - who is so very popular these days with the pathetic excuse of a replacement for Peter Windsor at SPEED - is one of those drivers who is a legend in his own mind!

He wants to chat to Alonso - exactly why would Alonso even bother with this also-ran other than to overtake him?

Jag_Warrior
22nd June 2010, 02:46
Equating the affirmative action that has placed Chandok on the grid because Bernie WANTS him in f1, with Fernando Alonso, is just over the very HIGHEST top to say the least :eek:

Uhhh, what???

Excuse me, let me put that a different way. Uhhh, what??? :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion. Take it as you will. But I think it's time to change the bong water. I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'. :dozey:

CNR
22nd June 2010, 04:08
Amen... especially for first part. I have yet to find a quote directly attributed to Alonso whining about Chandok. I gave up a couple of days ago.

will this do
http://www.crash.net/f1/comments/160645/2/a/alonso_we_could_have_won_in_canada.html

Two-time F1 world champion Fernando Alonso has blamed backmarkers for failing to win the Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve today.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13062010/23/alonso-won-canadian-gp.html
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/15/alonso-blames-traffic-for-losing-first-and-second-places-ferrari-race-review/

Tazio
22nd June 2010, 05:55
We overtook Hamilton thanks to a fantastic pit stop from our guys in the pit lane and then we lost the position with some traffic and then we lost the position with traffic again with a Hispania in front in the last laps of the race with Jenson. In both of those cases we lost 10 points from 25 to 15 but we are still there in the championship.
Fernando Alonso

The other two links take quotes directly from the post race interview they both are the same thing I stated he said in that interview.
Now, when did Fred make this statement? I will bet you it was Sunday.

Anyone else have something less than 6 or 7 days old?
If not, WTF? Sunday would be 8 days ago Monday 7. (both losers)
The only time referance in that entire article is:
Afterwards Alonso counted the points lost:

What I think you have here is a recap of the race with coments made the day of the race.
Convince me otherwise.

You can reprint the same quotes, dress them up re-release them include them with things said later by luca di or his (Freds) race engineer, but it does not change the time of the event in question! I suggest you not waste too much time, The internet media convieniently conives those who are gullible! This one was just like taking candy from a baby! Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrry :s mokin:

Big Ben
22nd June 2010, 08:10
Maybe Alonso could learn to race for a change and no amount of apologies will change the fact that Hamilton is a lot better racer than Alonso ever was or will be.

the lamest post on the lamest thread. Congrats :laugh: .

slorydn1
22nd June 2010, 09:20
will this do
http://www.crash.net/f1/comments/160645/2/a/alonso_we_could_have_won_in_canada.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13062010/23/alonso-won-canadian-gp.html
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/15/alonso-blames-traffic-for-losing-first-and-second-places-ferrari-race-review/

You know, and it maybe my fault, with the funny way we American's spell words and all that so forgive me if I am wrong, but I fail to see the word Chandok anywhere in that quote <scratches head>

In fact...after reading the whole article, the only one who mentioned Chandok was the author of the article, not Alonso, nor did even Domenicali or Dyer mention backmarkers directly, Dyer just said

"...Unfortunately, a handful of unfavourable moments cost us the victory."

and Domenicali added:

"This result is very regrettable as it does not match up to the potential we had shown this weekend. Fernando, who drove a great race, could have won, but a few incidents did not work in his favour: these things can happen in racing, but that does not make it any less disappointing.

So please show me where anyone but the journalist/author mentioned backmarkers in general, or Chandok by name. Like I said....It could just be me. :mark:

Big Ben
22nd June 2010, 09:31
You know, and it maybe my fault, with the funny way we American's spell words and all that so forgive me if I am wrong, but I fail to see the word Chandok anywhere in that quote <scratches head>

In fact...after reading the whole article, the only one who mentioned Chandok was the author of the article, not Alonso, nor did even Domenicali or Dyer mention backmarkers directly, Dyer just said

and Domenicali added:

So please show me where anyone but the journalist/author mentioned backmarkers in general, or Chandok by name. Like I said....It could just be me. :mark:

you are wasting your time. Why would you expect reason from someone who needs to start such a ridiculous thread just to have some place where to post his delusional rants. The thread is supposed to be about Chandhok and all he talks about is Alonso.

slorydn1
22nd June 2010, 09:35
you are wasting your time. Why would you expect reason from someone who needs to start such a ridiculous thread just to have some place where to post his delusional rants. The thread is supposed to be about Chandhok and all the talks about is Alonso.

Agreed :up:

However, he is entitled to his opinon....

Big Ben
22nd June 2010, 09:38

plain stupid. that's what excitement is in f1?

now this is supposed to be the subject of the thread but it's only the excuse to start the hatefest, isn't it?

my 2 cents
http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2001/30.htmlhttp://www.formula1.com/results/team/2001/1977.html

2 cents? I think that must be the most over-valued bs posted so far here.

perhaps you should work a little on your post from a technical point of view too. What you write is just as pathetic as it looks.

CNR
22nd June 2010, 10:33
plain stupid. that's what excitement is in f1?

now this is supposed to be the subject of the thread but it's only the excuse to start the hatefest, isn't it?

2 cents? I think that must be the most over-valued bs posted so far here.

perhaps you should work a little on your post from a technical point of view too. What you write is just as pathetic as it looks.
you do not have to read any thing i post put me on your ignore list
:s mokin:
you do not have to reply to anything i post

Ranger
22nd June 2010, 10:49
you do not have to read any thing i post put me on your ignore list
:s mokin:
you do not have to reply to anything i post

This is true but for someone from an English speaking country you might want to work on your grammar. Colour coding doesn't work on this forum either.

It would just make what you write easier on the eye. :)

---

I think the only person who has complained publicly about the whole thing is Luca... unfortunate but it was one of those things in racing.

Roamy
23rd June 2010, 04:32
Mallen who gives a flying f____ are you have trouble understanding what they are talking about?
contrubute something worth while to the thread or go get a job teaching english