PDA

View Full Version : Your top 10 drivers of the 2010 season.

Ranger
17th June 2010, 04:23
Eight rounds of 19 have gone.

Who do you think have been the best drivers at this point in the season, and why.

1. Hamilton. Overtaking skills have been supreme. Has at times been a whinging b*tch but its hard to fault performances like China and Canada.

2. Button. Surprised most including me, and is only 3 points away from the championship lead. Apart from Malaysian GP qualifying and leaving the door wide open for Schumacher in Spain there has been nothing to fault. Good strategy calls led to two wins in Australia and China.

3. Alonso. Consistency has been the key. Only a lucky Bahrain win to show, but came from the back of the field in Australia, Malaysia, China and Monaco to score a 4th, 4th and 6th (...all of which were his own fault it must be said). Malaysia was an unrewarded drive of brilliance. Despite these faults he is still dominating Felipe Massa, who with 11 wins is no slouch.

4. Webber. Shabby in Bahrain, terrible in Australia but has been faultless since. Led every lap from pole in Barcelona and Monaco en route to victory in both races. Leads Vettel 5-3 in qualifying. Led the championship for 2 races despite all expectations.

5. Vettel. Pure bad luck not to have 75 points by the end of Malaysian GP but has been outpaced by Webber at every race since China. There are still doubts about his racecraft, and the Turkish GP fallout has not done him nor the team any favours.

6. Kubica. Close to faultless this year but is benefiting majorly from rookie team-mate syndrome. Two brilliant podiums this year in Melbourne and Monaco.

7. Barrichello. Despite his team-mates impressive CV, Barrichello is by far the more impressive this year. I fully expected (and still expect) Hulkenberg to be on top by season's end but that is looking unlikely at this point in the season.

8. Rosberg. Despite several good drives from Schumacher, Rosberg still has double the points haul of his 7xWDC team-mate. In the three out of 8 occasions Schumacher has beaten Rosberg it has not been by a margin of several seconds.

9. Sutil. Solid this year, definitely better than Liuzzi but that isn't saying too much. Only 20 seconds behind Vettel in Malaysia, and will need more performances like that to raise himself to contention for a top seat.

10. Kovalainen. Best driver of the new teams. Has not had crasse outbursts at the team despite several reliability problems.

Honourable mentions to Massa and Alguersuari.

Your thoughts?

UltimateDanGTR
17th June 2010, 09:53
good idea for a thread. my top 10 ratings:

1.Kubica-just seems to be doing really well in renault. consistently fast and challenging the 'top 4' teams.
2.lewis hamilton-sublime overtaking this year. constantly great fun to watch
3.jenson button-superbly smooth all year so far and has really surprised me, standing up to hamilton well.
4.mark webber-has been very good this year, surprising and beating his team mate. was a let down in australia, otherwise very good.
5.nico rosberg-has surprised 'the master' this year and has been consistent, few mistakes
6.adrian sutil-solid drives all season so far
7.sebastien vettel-has been good as always overall but the turkey mistake and china pitlane debacle have let him down.
8.-Fernando Alonso-somehow in the championship fight despite the monaco crash, shanghai jump start, turkey quali mistake. must have been doing something right so far this season, clearly.
9.kovalainen-really impressed so far in the lotus
10.jaime alguesuari-is really maturing this year and has become more consistent and impressive

CaptainRaiden
17th June 2010, 11:22
1. Lewis Hamilton: Overtaking skills have been second to none. The only driver providing entertainment during the majority of the races this year, and once he's gotten the measure of Button, and a good car, has started to dominate and will be tough to beat for the WC.

2. Mark Webber: Was crap at the beginning of the year, but in the last 4 races, has been spanking Vettel, forcing him to make mistakes just by superb driving. The way Webbo has been qualifying, makes him look a league above Vettel IMO.

3. Jenson Button: Surprised me and a lot of F1 fans by doing as well as he's doing in the Mclaren right now. We all thought he'd be "murdered" by Hamilton by now, not so.

4. Robert Kubica: Shining in what can be called a midfield car, often troubling the top teams. All Renault needs is to find some more performance, and Kubica would lead them to victory.

5. Nico Rosberg: I for one never thought he'd be able to beat Schumacher as convincingly he is beating him now, because I always considered him a tier two driver, nothing special, proved me wrong. But probably it doesn't take anything special to beat the overrated German with equal status in the team.

6. Vitaly Petrov: Not looking at the last race, for a newcomer he has done fairly well, even pulling a number on "the great" Michael Schumacher in the rain at the Chinese GP!

7. Fernando Alonso: His "6 tenths" from the beginning of the season have probably disappeared like a fart in the wind, but nonetheless some good drives, consistently beating Massa, but you have to wonder, how much of that accident last year has had an effect on Felipe?

8. Sebastien Vettel: Was brilliant at the start of the season, but seems to be crumbling under pressure from Webber's brilliant drives lately. Looks like he's becoming more mistake prone.

9. Heikki Kovalainen: Has been a standout in the backmarkers, solid drives. Hopefully he lands a good seat next year, highly unlikely though.

10. Jaime Alguersuari: I have been surprised by the pace of this guy on some occasions. Got fastest lap at Turkey in a Torro Rosso in the middle stint of the race, impressive!

F1boat
17th June 2010, 14:19
1 Hamiltom
2 Button
3 Webber
4 Kubica
5 Alonso
6 Vettel
7 Rosberg
8 Sutil
9 Massa
10 Michael - he had some good races, after all.

havk
17th June 2010, 14:20
1. Lewis Hamilton and Robert Kubica (ex aequo) - first has very offensive and spectacular style, some good overtakings, second very solid in mid car, some super races by him (Australia, Monaco);

3. Mark Webber - bad first part of the season, but in last races showed really good performance;

4. Jenson Button - very consistant, smart driving, just 3 points behind Hamilton in point table;

5. Sebastian Vettel - some bad luck (Australia, Bahrain) decreases number of points in standings, good performance in first part of season, now struggle with Webber, bad incident in Turkey;

6. Nico Rosberg - very solid all the season;

7. Fernando Alonso - too many mistakes this season but sill very fast;

8. Adrian Sutil - very solid in average car;

9. Rubens Barichello - scored 7 points for Williams in weak car;

10. Felipe Massa - disappointing season so far;

Big Ben
17th June 2010, 16:55
I agree with Mallen except that I would probably replace RB in that list with JA. And I wouldn't mention Massa at all. He's performance has been very poor so far. I don't recall when did FA make so many mistakes in one season and he still has no problem staying ahead of his team mate.

pino
17th June 2010, 17:09
1) Button
2) Webber
3) Hamilton
4) Alonso
5) Kubica
6) Vettel
7) Rosberg
8) Sutil
9) Barrichello
10) Massa/Kovalainen

DazzlaF1
17th June 2010, 17:20
=1. LEWIS HAMILTON: When on form, he has been lightning quick and the win in Canada just proved his and McLaren's superiority at the moment.

=1. ROBERT KUBICA: Performing miracles in a car that really should'nt be giving him opportnities for race wins.

3. MARK WEBBER: His impressive displays this season (especially that dominant win in Monaco) have deservedly put him in championship contention.

=4. FERNANDO ALONSO: This year's Ferrari may not look like championship winning material but Alonso seems like a man rejuvinated, podium finishes and a good win in the season opener have put him in a strong position.

=4. JENSON BUTTON: He may be being beaten at the moment on the track by his younger teammate but the defening champ has still showed signs of why he has that honour he won last year, the win in China is in my view one of his very best drives.

6. SEBASTIAN VETTEL: I think the phrase "flattering to decieve" comes to mind when describing Vettel in 2010, yes he won well in Malaysia but that now infamous collision with Webber in Turkey shows signs of a driver cracking under pressure

7. HEIKKI KOVALAINEN: Despite driving a Lotus that has not qualified on merit higher than 19th, he is by far the best of the new teams drivers and getting better with every race

8. ADRIAN SUTIL: By far the best of the midfield runners, consistently in the points and meeting the high expectations of the Force India team for this season.

9. NICO ROSBERG: Resoundingly beating his far more illustrious team-mate with ease at the moment but his performances make me believe that he can do so much better.

=10. RUBENS BARRICHELLO:At the moment he is overachieving in what is a poor Williams chassis, wether its the car or the engine holding him back I dont know but Barrichello is still driving well and despite the problems, looks like he's enjoying his new surroundings.

=10. KARUN CHANDHOK: So far this season, I have nothing but respect for Karun. Despite doing only single figures in terms of laps in Bahrain, he has still managed to beat his teammate regularly and has brought consistency in terms of getting is car to the finish. Not spectacular but so far deserves a good pat on the back.

Zico
17th June 2010, 17:32
Eight rounds of 19 have gone.

Who do you think have been the best drivers at this point in the season, and why.

1. Hamilton. Overtaking skills have been supreme. Has at times been a whinging b*tch but its hard to fault performances like China and Canada.

2. Button. Surprised most including me, and is only 3 points away from the championship lead. Apart from Malaysian GP qualifying and leaving the door wide open for Schumacher in Spain there has been nothing to fault. Good strategy calls led to two wins in Australia and China.

3. Alonso. Consistency has been the key. Only a lucky Bahrain win to show, but came from the back of the field in Australia, Malaysia, China and Monaco to score a 4th, 4th and 6th (...all of which were his own fault it must be said). Malaysia was an unrewarded drive of brilliance. Despite these faults he is still dominating Felipe Massa, who with 11 wins is no slouch.

4. Webber. Shabby in Bahrain, terrible in Australia but has been faultless since. Led every lap from pole in Barcelona and Monaco en route to victory in both races. Leads Vettel 5-3 in qualifying. Led the championship for 2 races despite all expectations.

5. Vettel. Pure bad luck not to have 75 points by the end of Malaysian GP but has been outpaced by Webber at every race since China. There are still doubts about his racecraft, and the Turkish GP fallout has not done him nor the team any favours.

6. Kubica. Close to faultless this year but is benefiting majorly from rookie team-mate syndrome. Two brilliant podiums this year in Melbourne and Monaco.

7. Barrichello. Despite his team-mates impressive CV, Barrichello is by far the more impressive this year. I fully expected (and still expect) Hulkenberg to be on top by season's end but that is looking unlikely at this point in the season.

8. Rosberg. Despite several good drives from Schumacher, Rosberg still has double the points haul of his 7xWDC team-mate. In the three out of 8 occasions Schumacher has beaten Rosberg it has not been by a margin of several seconds.

9. Sutil. Solid this year, definitely better than Liuzzi but that isn't saying too much. Only 20 seconds behind Vettel in Malaysia, and will need more performances like that to raise himself to contention for a top seat.

10. Kovalainen. Best driver of the new teams. Has not had crasse outbursts at the team despite several reliability problems.

Honourable mentions to Massa and Alguersuari.

Your thoughts?

I'd pretty much agree with your driver ratings and observations, maybe just placing Kubica a place or two higher.

Saint Devote
18th June 2010, 01:03
Can we stop being boring here?

There is only ONE driver that has kicked ass this year.

Mclaren is like a bloody love nest! And so goddam corporate! And Hamilton is so comfortable there that it is not a challenge - 2007 was a challenge and he would have gotten my vote.

I much prefer the cantankerous days of yore!

Webber has had to put up with a management that overtly prefers his teammate - and yet is performing extremely well.

Top ten anything is load of tosh. The proper question is who stands out above everyone and has "turned heads" and opinion on its head:

Mark Webber - and a mention for his courageous engineer who is standing by him despite the machinations of Herr "to Helmut you" Marko!

Sleeper
18th June 2010, 01:11
=10. KARUN CHANDHOK: So far this season, I have nothing but respect for Karun. Despite doing only single figures in terms of laps in Bahrain, he has still managed to beat his teammate regularly and has brought consistency in terms of getting is car to the finish. Not spectacular but so far deserves a good pat on the back.
I'm surprised you rated Chandhok ahead of Senna as he's been consistently slower than him, but has had the lions share of reliability (when was the last time Senna didnt have a gearbox/hydrolicks failure?).

Hamilton
Button
Alonso
Webber
Rosberg
Kubica

These 6 have been the clear standouts of the year for me, all have had 1 or 2 bad races but have been spectacular in the others.

Sutil
Vettel
Kovalainen
Algersuari

A step behind the top 6 but definitely ahead of the rest.

Cozzie
18th June 2010, 12:57
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Kubica
4. Button
5. Hamilton
6. Alonso
7. Rosberg
8. Kovalainen
9. Algersuari
10. Petrov

steveaki13
18th June 2010, 15:15
The 10 drivers that have impressed me most.

Mark Webber[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Lewis Hamilton[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Robert Kubica[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Jenson Button[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Adrian Sutil[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Nico Rosberg[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Serbastian Vettel[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Jaime Alguersuari[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Fernando Alonso[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]
Heikki Kovalainen[/*:m:xsnqtvg2]

wedge
18th June 2010, 15:52
Sorry, I can only think of 9 deserving drivers

1. Hamilton - on the verge of excelling with purism
2. Webber - making the most of the best car and beating Seb
3. Kubica - out driving the Renault
4. Button - closer to Hamilton than I expected
5. Vettel - despite results I don't fancy him as much of a racer, more of a spoiled brat
6. Alonso - despite some solid results, some poor poor compromising moments this year
7. Petrov - solid performance for rookie with little mileage under him
8. Alguersuari - solid performance this year
9. Kovy - not particularly fazed that he's at the back end of the grid

And Hamilton is so comfortable there that it is not a challenge - 2007 was a challenge and he would have gotten my vote.

It's a different challenge. RBR is arguably the better car this year.

Big Ben
18th June 2010, 19:03
Can we stop being boring here?

After reading the rest of your post I have an answer: no!

Dzeidzei
18th June 2010, 19:52
I think drivers should only be rated against their machinery and pre season expectations. In that regard my top 3: Webber, Button, Rosberg.

3 worst drivers: Alonso, MSC and Vettel. Alonso for making way too many mistakes. MSC just for being so damn slow. Seb for not delivering on that RBR.

ioan
18th June 2010, 20:21
(when was the last time Senna didnt have a gearbox/hydrolicks failure?).

Never heard about these licks before.

Tazio
19th June 2010, 15:31
1-The Boss, Fred
3-Kubinski, Bunsen
5-Britney, Fettel, Chopper/MW
8-Alguersuari
9-Sutil, Chopper/MS

JMVHFO :)

jens
19th June 2010, 22:12
Huh, not a big fan of doing mid-season ranks. Too little races to judge and with every race the picture changes. By the end of the season the situation would look clearer.

I'd say that Hamilton and Kubica are tied in P1 for me. Both very fast, almost faultless and hard chargers. Hammy has had a few questionable strategical calls earlier in the season, but these probably weren't his fault?!

But very close to them is the next group of drivers:
- Button. On soft tyre and in quali a fraction slower than Lewis, but they seem to have similar pace on harder compound. But generally besides losing a fraction to LH in raw pace Jenson is quite a complete driver.

- Rosberg. Is having quite a good season and when we compare his season to Schumi's, then the main difference is that he has been much more consistent. When MS has beaten him, NR has been at least close. But at times Michael has been way behind Nico. Generally Rosberg's driver traits start reminding more and more those of Button and Heidfeld.

- Alonso. Impressed by the consistency with which he has outpaced Massa, really didn't expect him to stamp his authority against Felipe so clearly. But has been making too many mistakes, including inability to deal with traffic efficiently last time around. Not quite the most complete driver, eh?

- Sutil. The main criticism is that he was beaten by Fisichella, but then again so were Button and Massa, both of who have been capable of challenging for the WDC. He is still an unproven driver though and I don't consider him a top driver. But what I have to say that to me it looks like Sutil has improved this season. He has been making clearly fewer mistakes and been more consistent than he has ever been before. Probably a more competitive car has helped to boost his confidence, which decreases the pressure of driving inside the points. In previous years driving in a good place may have felt like "omg it is the best chance of my life, I have to get the points or I'll never get them!!", now he can relax more about results.

- Kovalainen. I don't know, what happened at McLaren, but in feeder series and Renault Heikki showed, what he can be capable of. I think Heikki is fundamentally a quick driver, which he is proving once again now at Lotus. I'm certainly following Kova's activities closely this season due to partnering Trulli and from what I can gather from that is that... I have never seen Trulli having so much trouble against a team-mate in qualifyings, including the future WDC's he was competing against. So I'm very impressed. :up:

- Barrichello. Considering all the greyness about current Williams I have to say this old fox is one of the best things about the legendary team. He is clearly racing hard and with full motivation, determined to move Williams up the field and extend his own F1 career.

- Webber and Vettel. Webber may be ahead in the points, but has also had less unluck with reliability. Overall they have been having quite a similar season - excellent pace in some races mixed with lesser performance in others and an odd costly mistake. RBR's strategies haven't been much to write about either, which have made drivers look worse. I think in one thread I compared Vettel's 2010 season to Alonso's 2004 - having suddenly and unexpectedly his hands full with an experience team-mate after having shown a lot of promise before. WDC/WCC is still there to be taken for RBR, but for that the whole team must raise their game.

Others?
Glock has been beating di Grassi consistently. Unfortunately that doesn't prove anything. To be honest, would like to see Timo back in a more competitive car again.
Massa hasn't really made mistakes, but he is consistently lacking pace. Odd, usually it has been the opposite. :p : Even in his Sauber days he showed more glimpses of raw pace. STR drivers have had their moments, but neither has managed to stamp his authority over the other convincingly. The whole rookie bunch still has a lot of proving to do to either prove their worth of competing in F1 or attract better teams to sign them. Schumacher has had a few good drives and even de la Rosa has had a few moments (4th in China before retirement). Liuzzi has been very inconsistent. And finally Trulli has been underperforming more than I have ever seen him doing in his career, so I'm puzzled about what is wrong.

woody2goody
20th June 2010, 22:28
1. Kubica - myself being someone who has never been a huge fan (I considered him overrated against Heidfeld for those who don't know), he has really impressed me this year. Consistently fast, fearless and now a team leader to boot, the Pole is becoming a genuine threat for wins in '10.

2. Button - close call between him, Hamilton and Webber, but Button earns second-place plaudits because of the way he has settled into his new team. Two brilliantly judged wins, consistent, mistake-free driving, and close proximity to Hamilton at all times mean that he is having the best season of his career (including last year). All that while retaining the overtaking prowess and class of his championship campaign.

3. Webber - has reinvented himself this season, becoming a force to be reckoned with. I believe that the key to his great form is that he has been able to recapture the qualifying prowess that typified most of his career. He is unflappable but aggressive, and could well become champion at the end of it all.

4. Hamilton - it was very difficult to put him fourth, as he is currently leading the championship, however there are a couple of things that place him here. One is the fact that arguably Button has been more impressive as a whole this year. Two is that fact that Lewis' racecraft seems to have deserted him for the most part, excluding a great win in Canada. His attitude is questionable at times also, however he possesses imperious speed, commitment and overtaking ability which overshadows his shortcomings by some way.

5. Vettel - if it wasn't for Turkey, he could have been third or fourth, but that display of utter petulance and stubbornness was a big blow for him in the eyes of many. Turning into your team-mate at 200mph is unforgivable, unless you are 'the chosen one'. I've always found Vettel to be a great guy, great driver and a great ambassador for the sport, but now some of this is in question when put under threat by a motivated and wily team-mate. He has put in some amazing qualifying laps, driven excellent races from the front, but has made errors to go with the mechanical difficulties.

6. Alonso - He's still probably the best driver in F1 in terms of pure all-round talent, and he has driven consistently and quickly all year, however, he has gone missing in some of the races, and if he's not careful, and he doesn't keep on top of his game, he will likely be slipping down the championship. The car hasn't helped at times, but after winning brilliantly in Bahrain, and driving miraculously in Malaysia with a gearbox problem, many thought he could run away with the title. Doesn't look like that now...

7. Rosberg - His 2010 has been in two parts so far - the first part of the season when he was second in the championship, challenging for wins, and destroying Michael Schumacher, and the second, where he's had bad races, mistakes in qualifying and slipped back towards his more experienced team-mate. As in the last couple of years, we need to figure out who the real Nico Rosberg is. Is he a World Champion in waiting, or another Brundle, Ralf Schumacher or Frentzen?

woody2goody
20th June 2010, 22:45
I accidentally posted before I'd finished :D

8. Kovalainen - What a difference a year makes. But for Kovalainen, this has more than one meaning. A new team, a new team-mate, and a new position on the grid have meant a lot has changed for the amiable Finn. However, the man who was Lewis Hamilton's whipping boy at McLaren is now a true team leader who is striving with all his might to make Lotus a mid-field contender. Qualifying at Monaco and Canada says it all.

9. Alguersuari - The young Spaniard is having a tremendous first full season. He has been consistently beating Buemi, and has showed a lot of good pace in races, picking up a few points as well. Like Sebastien Bourdais last season, Jaime has generally been ahead of the Swiss driver, but Buemi has a great knack for pulling out the more impressive results, somewhat like the last man on the list...

10. Sutil (beware rant)- I'm not a fan, as a lot of you know. However I must admit that he has driven well this year. He has bested Liuzzi a lot of the time, and has secured some good points finishes, and he's even stopped crashing. However it's the same problem as was with Kubica last year: I think Sutil is overrated. He is good, I will admit that, but not as good as many people say. He seems to get the good results and performances just when people will notice them, and that inflates his reputation somewhat deceptively.

Now, also as most of you know, I have defended Liuzzi to the hilt this season, because as Canada showed, he is perfectly worthy of being in F1.

Where I have taken issue is how most of the media have jumped on Liuzzi's back to try to get Paul di Resta in at Force India, and I don't like it. They say that Tonio isn't good enough, that Sutil is destroying him, etc. And when it comes down to points, yes, Sutil has 23 and Liuzzi has 12, but in terms of points finishes, it's only 5-4 and Sutil has only retired once compared to twice for Liuzzi.

Sutil is on this list for a reason though, because he has driven very well this year. Finishes of 12, 5, 11, 7, 8, 9, and 10th prove his consistency, and while he is not my favourite driver, he is definitely gaining my respect race by race.

Hondo
21st June 2010, 12:11
Because most of the drivers are capable of the same basic tricks, i.e., getting a race car around a track, I will rate on other virtues.

1. TRULLI for being shrewd enough to find somebody dumb enough to pay him to sit in their car this year.

2. WEBBER his performance comes as no surprise to his long suffering fans. There have been a lot of excuses made for drivers along the lines of "he'd be right up there with a decent car and team" that still don't produce when given the chance. Webber has produced. I'd bet some folks at McLaren have mumbled that they wish they had gone with Webber years ago and not wasted time with Kimi.

3. HAMILTON Has learned to be less than truthful, learned to block, learned to delay, learned to force his will for position regardless of the effect on others, and now has learned to use the rule book to his advantage. Shutting down to save fuel after qualifying. Brilliant. Soon a Jedimacher he will be.

4. KUBICA seems to be happy as a clam. Sure he'd like a faster car but seems content that he's finally with a "real" team that wants to go racing and wants to build him a car he can win with. He feels important for a change.

5.ROSBERG When you consider the limitations of his car and the full-time distractions of being the Great Schumachers team mate, this young man is doing a fine job.

6. ALONSO Continues to show why he is a 2 time WDC by making his Ferrari do things it can't do through sheer force of will. Sometimes his Ferrari proves that will isn't enough. Although he knew once Luca ran off the Brits and the French Ferrari would be headed for the dumps again, it's hard to pass up on the prestige of being part of the Ferrari Team along with the pay and benefits. He is probably trying to talk Luca into hiring Flav.

7. SCHUMACHER Seems to be doing the best he can with the car he's driving. I expected the move on Alonso after the safety car and was glad to see him pull it off. Considering the fact that the flags and lights had gone green, he should have been allowed to keep the position. Nice to see him out there.

8. BUTTON is benefiting from being with a large, well funded team that takes racing seriously. It's possible if Honda had kept Dave Richards with the team and left the Japanese corporate management crap at home in Japan, Button might have been a WDC a long time ago. Button's confidence is growing and from a commercial aspect, he would be a more lucrative WDC than Hamilton. Draw your own conclusions.

9. MASSA I'd bet at least one doctor has told that another good shot to the head could kill him. Maybe it's admirable that he's out there racing but I believe the accident last year has had it's effect on him and he's done.

10. SAUBER'S JAPANESE GUY Well, at least he's scored a point.

RMLCruzeing82
21st June 2010, 14:03
1.Button - Becuase hes just become someone else once again this season and to say people doubted his ability compared to his team mate hes doing bloody well....wouldnt you say :)

2 Hamilton - Driving skills and just his pure passion for the championship but need to cool down

3.Webber - Same as button "Become someone else his season" but not as much as button

4. Alonso - Not done so well but hes kept his head up high and just done the best he can...that i can respect

5.Massa. After last years crash im impressed with the way the Brazilian is
going this season....well done my son

6.Rosberg - simple...hes beat his 7XWDC team mate in almost every race so far and hes had some good races and that is with Schumacher in the same spec car...respect

7. Kovalainen - He mite not of done as well as Hamilton at McLaren but hes doing very well with Lotus and hes enjoying F1 once again.

8.Petrov - new face to F1 and a new star in the making. hes done bloody well to say this is his first year with the yellow and black team

9. Vettel - as stupid and egotistic as i think he is and the fact he is falling apart fast, hes a bloody good driver.

10. Chandhok - His first race alone "never been in the car didn't know the track all that well" imprest me but hes had some good race's ever though the car isn't the best one out there and being at the back of the field most of the time and hes out there learning every race and hes out paced Buno on more then one occasion

jens
21st June 2010, 18:40
RML, Petrov is 8th and Kubica is nowhere? :p :

By the way, I'm puzzled by the inclusion of Chandhok by some. From what I have seen, even if in a couple of races Karun has seemed more impressive, generally it is Senna, who has been faster of the two more often than not. The tough reality is that Chandhok is probably one of the worst drivers currently in F1.

woody2goody
21st June 2010, 23:15
Well I went to the trouble of adding up everyone's totals where I could be sure of the placings, and, so far at least, using the 2010 F1 scoring system, the forum's 'Drivers' Championship' at halfway stands as follows: (points for tied positions were shared, i.e. tied 4th place would be 11 pts each. Tied 1st place = 20 pts each)

1. Lewis Hamilton 336 points
2. Jenson Button 261.5
3. Mark Webber 247.5
4. Robert Kubica 239.5
5. Fernando Alonso 170
6. Sebastian Vettel 129.5
7. Nico Rosberg 118
8. Adrian Sutil 54.5
9. Heikki Kovalainen 37
10. Jarno Trulli 25 :p
11. Rubens Barrichello 20.5
12=.Jaime Alguersuari, Vitaly Petrov 19
14. Felipe Massa 15.5
15. Michael Schumacher 8.5
16. Karun Chandhok 1.5
17. Kamui Kobayashi 1

Did Not Score: Glock, di Grassi, Senna, Liuzzi, Hulkenburg, Buemi, de la Rosa.