PDA

View Full Version : Stewards take no action over Schumacher/Massa incident

Somebody
13th June 2010, 21:47
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84489

Racing incident, it seems.

wedge
14th June 2010, 00:33
C***s for not following the letter of the law.

And so is Ross Brawn for sticking up for Schumi - nothing's changed there. Tyre problems my anus. Schumi knew perfectly well what he was doing.

I'm all for gamesmanship and weaving but if those actions compromises the other driver and not yourself then justice should be done.

markabilly
14th June 2010, 00:41
even funnier is the Kube deal where he got a reprimand for cutting Sutil's tire and then swerving around him......that is a joke.....

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 08:44
C***s for not following the letter of the law.

And so is Ross Brawn for sticking up for Schumi - nothing's changed there. Tyre problems my anus. Schumi knew perfectly well what he was doing.

I'm all for gamesmanship and weaving but if those actions compromises the other driver and not yourself then justice should be done.

Well, 30 laps on the softs was, even by Ross's calculating mind standards, crazy.

The shoe deffo had tyre issues, he knew that, and tried to keep Massa on the outside knowing he (shoe) would have the corner, but to then weave, and make a final move in the braking zone, that's just classic shoe of the mid-nineties.

ArrowsFA1
14th June 2010, 08:54
Schumacher puts Kubica onto the grass and repeats the move on Massa and the stewards say that's fine :crazy:

christophulus
14th June 2010, 09:01
I'm amazed. Is it against the rules to move in the braking zone or not? Or is it still a "gentleman's agreement?"

Tazio
14th June 2010, 09:07
Schumacher puts Kubica onto the grass and repeats the move on Massa and the stewards say that's fine :crazy:
The Freakin' guy was driving like he wanted to commit a homicide :uhoh: :)

I am evil Homer
14th June 2010, 09:34
So apparently cutting chicanes and final corners is okay unless your name is Lewis Hamilton

Mia 01
14th June 2010, 09:51
So apparently cutting chicanes and final corners is okay unless your name is Lewis Hamilton

Lewis only gets reprimands, not penalties remember.

MS and FM wasnīt racing each other in the pitlane, was they?

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 09:53
Lewis only gets reprimands, not penalties remember.

MS and FM wasnīt racing each other in the pitlane, was they?

Errrr, he did at Spa against Kimi, remember?

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 09:54
The Freakin' guy was driving like he wanted to commit a homicide :uhoh: :)

Tongue in cheek mode on,

Just another day in the cockpit for the shoe....!!?? :laugh:

harsha
14th June 2010, 10:16
nice to see chop schey in action :laugh:

I am evil Homer
14th June 2010, 10:42
Errrr, he did at Spa against Kimi, remember?

Clearly a "new" F1 fan...missing a chicane once I can understand but he did it multiple times. "Off tyres" isn't an excuse - break earlier then!

ArrowsFA1
14th June 2010, 10:51
"Off tyres" isn't an excuse - break earlier then!
Wasn't that the defence for Schumi in the incident with Massa? He had to brake earlier and Massa was caught out i.e. it was more Massa's fault than Schumi's. As Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84489) reports: "Massa ran into the back of Schumacher, damaging his front wing and briefly running off the track."

Wasted Talent
14th June 2010, 10:54
Farce....

WT

jens
14th June 2010, 11:36
Probably Schumacher wasn't given a penalty, because he had dropped out of the points already and it would make no difference. Wait, they gave one to Massa though... :p :

wedge
14th June 2010, 12:23
Wasn't that the defence for Schumi in the incident with Massa? He had to brake earlier and Massa was caught out i.e. it was more Massa's fault than Schumi's. As Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84489) reports: "Massa ran into the back of Schumacher, damaging his front wing and briefly running off the track."

Err

Hamilton overtaking Alonso was what should've happened but instead Schumi changed his line by going back onto the racing line and brake

Hamilton gets a warning for weaving in Malaysia when Petrov was some car lengths behind - no harm no foul.

Schumi does it and compromises Massa and gets away with murder.

Daniel
14th June 2010, 12:39
Boo frickin hoo.

Hawkmoon
17th June 2010, 09:07
Bloody FIA bias towards Ferrari again! Oh, wait....

Alfa Fan
17th June 2010, 11:51
Err

Hamilton overtaking Alonso was what should've happened but instead Schumi changed his line by going back onto the racing line and brake

Hamilton gets a warning for weaving in Malaysia when Petrov was some car lengths behind - no harm no foul.

Schumi does it and compromises Massa and gets away with murder.

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/17636/original/wahmbulance.jpg

F1boat
17th June 2010, 14:21
Lewis and Vettel also did some questionable moves. Michael was already punished unfairly. Nobody should be expected just to leave his rival to pass him. They are racing drivers, after all.

ArrowsFA1
17th June 2010, 14:44
Lewis and Vettel also did some questionable moves. Michael was already punished unfairly.
In Canada?

Nobody should be expected just to leave his rival to pass him. They are racing drivers, after all.
Indeed, but equally I don't think it is acceptable to push a rival onto the grass while defending your position. MS changed his line in the braking area and I thought that was not allowed and therefore punishable. Perhaps it's not actually written in the rules?

wedge
17th June 2010, 15:57
Indeed, but equally I don't think it is acceptable to push a rival onto the grass while defending your position. MS changed his line in the braking area and I thought that was not allowed and therefore punishable. Perhaps it's not actually written in the rules?

Hamilton got a warning and yet Petrov was a few car lengths behind.

I'm all for the weaving and blocking and putting your opponent on the grass but if its highly detrimental to the opponent eg. spin off, front wing damage then there should be a penalty.

In Touring Cars I'm all for rubbing and panel bashing but punting is a no no.

Big Ben
17th June 2010, 16:33
have a little understanding people. He's a poor old man behind a wheel. He probably barely sees over the wheel.

Mia 01
17th June 2010, 19:04
Itīs moore important take a clooser look at Lewis in the pitlane.

MS. No suprise, and the action was on track.

padster
17th June 2010, 19:43
In Canada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJlcCLTipE (onboard with Massa)

Looking at this footage, I don't think Schumacher is entirely to blame, certainly not something to be penalised for anyway. Whilst Massa wasn't left with any room, the only reason why he was in that position is because of how late/hard he has braked in comparison to the car that's actually in front (Schumacher).

As far as the moving in the braking area, I heard Martin Brundle on the BBC mention it was a 'gentlemen's agreement' in a similar scenario earlier in the race (was it Hamilton and a Red Bull? At the esses before the hairpin?). I think it was the same deal, car in front, was in front, so moved back over to take a more normal line.

truefan72
17th June 2010, 20:13
Itīs moore important take a clooser look at Lewis in the pitlane.

MS. No suprise, and the action was on track.

funny how a thread about MSC misdeeds somehow becomes, yet again, an opportunity to continue your Hamilton bashing. You seem overly obsessed about the guy and either harbor a secret love for him and are in denial or you are really not an F1 fan but a Hamilton hater.

We could be talking about the BP gulf spill disaster and you would probably find a way to invoke his name.
LOL

wedge
18th June 2010, 00:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJlcCLTipE (onboard with Massa)

Looking at this footage, I don't think Schumacher is entirely to blame, certainly not something to be penalised for anyway. Whilst Massa wasn't left with any room, the only reason why he was in that position is because of how late/hard he has braked in comparison to the car that's actually in front (Schumacher).

As far as the moving in the braking area, I heard Martin Brundle on the BBC mention it was a 'gentlemen's agreement' in a similar scenario earlier in the race (was it Hamilton and a Red Bull? At the esses before the hairpin?). I think it was the same deal, car in front, was in front, so moved back over to take a more normal line.

The agreement is that you're not supposed to change your line ahead of a driver in the braking zone.

You're allowed one move to block and Schumi blatantly changed his line. No consistancy with the application of the rules.

Mia 01
18th June 2010, 11:51
funny how a thread about MSC misdeeds somehow becomes, yet again, an opportunity to continue your Hamilton bashing. You seem overly obsessed about the guy and either harbor a secret love for him and are in denial or you are really not an F1 fan but a Hamilton hater.

We could be talking about the BP gulf spill disaster and you would probably find a way to invoke his name.
LOL

The issue was Stewards and action, and then their lack of action.