PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton increasingly likely the 2010 champion ?

rohanweb
12th June 2010, 23:05
folks,
as season unfolds, the cracks and lose bolts are appearing from the teams and great champion potentials and super smooth drivers, isnt it the reality we are waking up to is Lewis Hamilton is going to be the 2010 champion..increasingly looksalike as Lewis is becoming too strong for the guys like vettel,alonso,button like ? or Lewis could well be the closest challenger for the eventual champion of 2010?

what do you honestly think !

Daniel
12th June 2010, 23:17
Ummm it's pretty open at the moment.

Ranger
13th June 2010, 01:15
folks,
as season unfolds, the cracks and lose bolts are appearing from the teams and great champion potentials and super smooth drivers, isnt it the reality we are waking up to is Lewis Hamilton is going to be the 2010 champion..increasingly looksalike as Lewis is becoming too strong for the guys like vettel,alonso,button like ? or Lewis could well be the closest challenger for the eventual champion of 2010?

Why don't you wait and see?

RMLCruzeing82
13th June 2010, 01:19
i think hes get what it takes to get a 2nd championship but with Webber, Vett, Alonso and Button its going to be tough

Tazio
13th June 2010, 01:28
It's still too early to say!
But if you’re a big fan of his I can understand your exuberance at this point in time! ;)

CNR
13th June 2010, 02:52
with the points this year it is anybodys at this point
race 8 has not run yet

12 * 25 = 300 points
12 * 18 = 216 points

:down: :grenade:

TheFamousEccles
13th June 2010, 04:01
Given how he seems to evade any sanctions (other than a fine - chump change for a well paid F1 driver) for indiscretions that would have gotten any other driver demoted down the grid (and thats just in Canadian GP qualifying), it seems he has a good shot at the championship.

Personally, I would prefer anyone else to be WDC, but that's just my 2c worth.

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2010, 07:55
way too long to go to predict who is going to be champion. its too close to call, vettel, webber, hamilton, button, alonso-anyone can be champion.

too unpredictable. brilliant!

ShiftingGears
13th June 2010, 08:20
It's questionable whether Hamilton would've got pole had he had enough fuel to get back to the pits, but considering that he pulled out 2 tenths from the hairpin to the finish line, it's pretty evident how much of an advantage they have in a straight line.

Dave B
13th June 2010, 09:05
Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Vettel, Webber. They're the serious and genuine championship runners, with another handful snapping at their heels. I wouldn't like to make any predictions this early.

race_director
13th June 2010, 09:08
folks,

u an associate of james allen? only james goes gaga over lewis

CaptainRaiden
13th June 2010, 09:54

I think anybody who is unbiased, and not a Schumacher nuthugger, sees Lewis for what he is, quite possibly the fastest guy in F1 today.

fandango
13th June 2010, 10:08
Considering how strong McLaren and Hamilton were in the second half of last season, I think that yes, he's looking like a strong contender. But there are many others, and it's going to be a close call.

I'm not 100% convinced Hamilton's "red mist" issue won't get in his way. Webber is looking good too. Vettel seems to be a little lost at the moment, but that won't last. I think Alonso is looking as good as Hamilton, but it remains to be seen whether Ferrari can improve the car enough.

52Paddy
13th June 2010, 10:16
I think Alonso is looking as good as Hamilton, but it remains to be seen whether Ferrari can improve the car enough.

And I think that is one of the main issues with regard to most teams. McLaren seem to have the quickest car out there at the moment and, if Ferrari don't find some pace and RBR don't sort internal issues/reliability issues out, then McL and Hamilton will be the ones to gain that advantage over the competition. Given, Red Bull are looking healthier in the reliability department in comparison to the first few rounds. :up:

But, if McLaren do excel over other teams in the second part of the year, I wonder how much of a challenge Button can give to Hamilton...

F1boat
13th June 2010, 12:04
It is very open IMO, but I keep my fingers crossed for Jenson.

acescribe
13th June 2010, 13:18
Way to early to say - but its obvious that it will be between the two Red Bull and McLaren drivers, perhaps with Webber and Hamilton the most likely looking of the two of them and Alonso an outsider.

To me though, it shows all the signs of going all the way to the final round.

Zico
13th June 2010, 13:30
Its certainly looking like he may be a contender if McLaren keep improving and Lewis's form continues but the Red Bulls are still edging it in terms of outright speed, Lewis only managed his PP on Softs and nearly empty on fuel. So many things can change in a weekend and...

yep, way too early to start making predictions..

fandango
13th June 2010, 14:40
One thing I will say for both Hamilton and Button is that their relationship as team-mates seems to be making them both improve at the moment. I don't know how long that will last, as even the tiniest apple could upset the cart, but they're doing better than all the other teams.

Massa, Vettel, Schumacher and Rosberg seem to be suffering from their team-mate wars, whereas Button is looking more aggressive while Hamilton is getting more level-headed. For the moment...

keysersoze
13th June 2010, 15:00
Maybe I'm just not on this board enough, but the more the season wears on and the more obvious it is that Hamilton will beat Jenson, the less I hear from Saint Devote. :D

wedge
13th June 2010, 15:23
Lewis is a contender but if I had to pick one driver to challenge RBR then it would be Lewis.

RBR have the best car so its theirs to lose.

Same old Bunsen in dry condition. Only way Bunsen will be a genuine contender is if Lewis trips over himself/ill luck.

Alonso and Ferrari need to pull their fingers out.

Dave B
13th June 2010, 18:53
Mind you, his chances have just improved somewhat :D

Mark
13th June 2010, 19:27
Absolutely! Red Bull had a big advantage in the early season but they sqandered it! They are about equal now I think.

F1boat
13th June 2010, 19:30
I support Jenson, but Lewis is fantastic. Today's race was a classic, Lewis vs Jenson vs Fernando - CLASH OF TITANS!

Ranger
13th June 2010, 19:32
Absolutely! Red Bull had a big advantage in the early season but they sqandered it! They are about equal now I think.

Red Bull were never predicted to do well in Canada from a month or two in advance, especially with the long straights with no F-duct. Even so, had they chosen soft tyres in Q3 then they just might have won the race.

Still too early to call. There are 5 contenders for the title.

F1boat
13th June 2010, 19:37
Red Bull screwed Mark for Seb, they will lose the title with this silly strategies and I won't be disappointed.

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:41
Maybe I'm just not on this board enough, but the more the season wears on and the more obvious it is that Hamilton will beat Jenson, the less I hear from Saint Devote. :D
I think he might still be banned :p

Tazio
13th June 2010, 19:56
It's still quite close at the top but "The Boss is looking pretty sharp! :burnout:

Jag_Warrior
13th June 2010, 19:56

Well, yet another reason to cheer for Lewis! :D

I was a bit concerned early on, but Lewis has certainly come on strong as of late. With that said, I think it's still too early to say how this will go down. Just like this particular race, the season seems to be producing lots of back & forth among teams and drivers.

The only thing to say is that this is shaping up to be one of the greatest championship fights EVER! :bounce:

markabilly
13th June 2010, 19:58
I think he might still be banned :p
or the devil came for the saint's soul....

Daniel
13th June 2010, 19:58
or the devil came for the saint's soul....
What soul?

SGWilko
13th June 2010, 20:01
What soul?

Dover Soul?

Daniel
13th June 2010, 20:03
Dover Soul?
*give me a moment whilst I try to think of some reference to fish which includes some references to some of the great fishermen of the 60's and 70's and some references to other species of fish*

markabilly
13th June 2010, 20:04
What soul?
good point....anyway, i think that button or Lewis maybe the most likely unless something happens to suddeney improve ferrari

Previously I figured Webber, yet i am not sure how capable they are in keeping it all together, consistently.

I thought this was their race, and both Button and Lewis took it away from both of them, mostly to do with better strategy, and NOT better cars ....so now, I would say it is wide open....

Tazio
13th June 2010, 20:24
*give me a moment whilst I try to think of some reference to fish which includes some references to some of the great fishermen of the 60's and 70's and some references to other species of fish*would that be Gefilte Fish? :eek:

truefan72
13th June 2010, 20:53
Considering how strong McLaren and Hamilton were in the second half of last season, I think that yes, he's looking like a strong contender. But there are many others, and it's going to be a close call.

I'm not 100% convinced Hamilton's "red mist" issue won't get in his way. Webber is looking good too. Vettel seems to be a little lost at the moment, but that won't last. I think Alonso is looking as good as Hamilton, but it remains to be seen whether Ferrari can improve the car enough.

excellent analysis. i am rooting for LH to win, but it is too close

to me Webber, Vettel Button, Alonso and perhaps Rosberg/Kubica are still in the picture. 3 weeks ago Hamilton looked adrift, now he is in the lead, who knows what will happen in 2 races.

Valencia suits RBR and Ferrari much better than Mclaren.However, Kubica could steal pole in that race as well. The point is, its still too early to predict. But what is good to see are the many different contenders and teams in the picture.

Triumph
14th June 2010, 03:48
Now that Lewis has got his act together I think it's looking quite promising for him at the moment.

We need a few more results to get a better idea on which way this might go. If Lewis can get a couple more wins with Red Bull at the same time failing to fulfil their potential, then I'll be even more confident for him.

I was expecting Sebastian to be the big threat to him this year, but it just hasn't happened. Jenson has been a big surprise with his excellent performances, but I still can't see him getting the better of Lewis over the course of the season.

:-)

Mia 01
14th June 2010, 09:48
Lewis, as every year?

This race the RBR :s was battleing an engine problem I presume, that according the team.

RBR lacking in the reliability and driver side. They are loosing, not winning the WCC.

Alonso will snatch the WCC.

SGWilko
14th June 2010, 09:50
Lewis, as every year?

This race the RBR :s was battleing an engine problem I presume, that according the team.

RBR lacking in the reliability and driver side. They are loosing, not winning the WCC.

RBR's issue with Seb was an oil leak in the gearbox, and they were managing the subsequent falling oil pressure as a result.

While the BUll's are indeed quick, dropping grid positions and managing issues for the same area - new gearbox for Mark, new O ring and possibly clutch for Seb before the race is proving that, their achilles heal is STILL reliability.

jens
14th June 2010, 11:57
Hamilton's chances certainly look good. McLaren is once again improving nicely in the season, the team has managed to capitalize on opportunities lately and despite that accident in Spain Hamilton has managed to climb to the top. If Red Bull keeps shooting themselves in the feet, Hamilton in particular is indeed looking good for the championship. But maybe one day everything will click and RBR will start maximising their potential? We'll see.

But I suspect Alonso and especially Ferrari in WCC are gradually starting to drop out of the game. Montreal was also supposedly among their stronger circuits and they don't leave an impression of making huge gains in the near future.

AndyL
14th June 2010, 12:22

He'll need more help than he's currently getting to do that.

fandango
14th June 2010, 12:59
But I suspect Alonso and especially Ferrari in WCC are gradually starting to drop out of the game. Montreal was also supposedly among their stronger circuits and they don't leave an impression of making huge gains in the near future.

I don't think so. He's been saying for some time now that he hopes to win in Valencia, when they will have improvements to the car. It seems that what Alonso is doing is making sure he finishes as many races as possible while they get the car improved. He was a little unlucky in Canada, but he was also quite careful not to have a DNF. It looks like he's adpoting a "Tour De France" strategy: Sprinting to a win at key moments, and the rest of the time trying to stay with the pack.

What has helped Alonso and Ferrari has been that there have been a lot of different winners, but if one driver starts winning again and again this strategy isn't going to work, so Valencia is a big race for Ferrari.

wedge
14th June 2010, 13:24

He's going to have to do far better than 2007 if he wants to regain that title again. ;) :D

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 19:54
for Alonso the same old mclaren rivalary is unfolding, for his worse time Lewis is more matuared and experienced driver who wont give a toss about mistakes seen before, therefore Lewis to the champonship.

for Bunsen the tyre hugger..enough said he is atleast half a second slower per lap than Lewis and He cannot materialise what Lewis can do in a normal day, therefore its fair to say, Lewis beat Alonso in his first year at mclaren and he will do the same for button as well.. watchout !

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 20:02

no i am not an associate of james allen and you sounds like a brother to bbc's andrew benson who said 'famously' Jenson button is the modern Alain prost without saying anything good about his british counter part who actually displayed driving excellence all through the weekend.. I feel very sorry to think about how Alain Prost would make of that.. awkard f***kin idiot Andrew benson(&hedges)

back to your reply, Lewis to win the 2010 championship has got a little closer, i agree wit you many here that season is long, as i said if it doesnt happen to be the case for Lewis then surely its Lewis who is going to give that ''run for the money'' push to other potentials winners could be webber,vettel,alonso or jenson..

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 20:06
Mind you, his chances have just improved somewhat :D

Dave rocks with some commonsense here .. anyone else please ? LoL

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 20:10
I don't think so. He's been saying for some time now that he hopes to win in Valencia, when they will have improvements to the car. It seems that what Alonso is doing is making sure he finishes as many races as possible while they get the car improved. He was a little unlucky in Canada, but he was also quite careful not to have a DNF. It looks like he's adpoting a "Tour De France" strategy: Sprinting to a win at key moments, and the rest of the time trying to stay with the pack.

What has helped Alonso and Ferrari has been that there have been a lot of different winners, but if one driver starts winning again and again this strategy isn't going to work, so Valencia is a big race for Ferrari.

Neverthless I like the way Alonso stream behind racers infront of him the world champion seems to be sleeping behind the wheel times, loses the racing line and has become Mr.wobble this season easily hands out his hard earned positions to clever oppurtunists like Jenson Button... he sticks Lewis once and Lewis stiks him back twice as usual.

once over taken the ferrari seems to quickly fallback..is that some kind of problem with that car or what?

Massa is way back and he is is not there to help alonso at any point, i think that way alonso is little handicapped & carrying the ferari expectations on his own..its really bad to see.. why the heck massa got contract extentions at ferrari..what is the point..

rohanweb
14th June 2010, 20:20

spot on 101% matey

Redbull has two drivers whom one whom adamant the level you cant even imagine,wouldnt yield at any cost despite slow like bullcart & the other is a learner driver, too selfish and ambitious thinking he is a 5 times world champion already ,thinks its pretty fine to win races by cutting across as well as wheelbanging with rest of the drivers and a breakdown sickie!!!

both arent going to win chanmpionship this year.

Garry Walker
14th June 2010, 21:43
Hamilton has so far been clearly the best driver of the season. So going at current form he would deserve it.

52Paddy
14th June 2010, 22:25
for Alonso the same old mclaren rivalary is unfolding, for his worse time Lewis is more matuared and experienced driver who wont give a toss about mistakes seen before, therefore Lewis to the champonship.

for Bunsen the tyre hugger..enough said he is atleast half a second slower per lap than Lewis and He cannot materialise what Lewis can do in a normal day, therefore its fair to say, Lewis beat Alonso in his first year at mclaren and he will do the same for button as well.. watchout !

I find this post really difficult to comprehend. But, in relation to the bold writing, how can you say Lewis is more experienced than Alonso? Alonso began racing in F1 in 2001, Lewis in 2007...Alonso won 2 titles, Lewis 1...Alonso won 22 races, Lewis 13...etc etc

:confused:

And in relation to Button, I don't think that's a fair comment. Hamilton has shown that he's been quicker a lot of the time, but Button has been quietly gathering up the points. With tyres becoming all the more intriguing with relation to compounds and wear etc, Button's ability to conserve tyres and keep decent race pace may prove a worthy asset in the championship hunt. If it's down to raw pace and reliability, then Hamilton would probably have this sown up. But F1 is never that black and white and, with so many variables, it's really unfair to discount Button and Webber as strong championship challengers. Particularly considering Button's early form and his battle with Hamilton in Turkey. And considering how Webber has raised his game in the last few rounds.

Mia 01
14th June 2010, 22:32
I find this post really difficult to comprehend. But, in relation to the bold writing, how can you say Lewis is more experienced than Alonso? Alonso began racing in F1 in 2001, Lewis in 2007...Alonso won 2 titles, Lewis 1...Alonso won 22 races, Lewis 13...etc etc

:confused:

And in relation to Button, I don't think that's a fair comment. Hamilton has shown that he's been quicker a lot of the time, but Button has been quietly gathering up the points. With tyres becoming all the more intriguing with relation to compounds and wear etc, Button's ability to conserve tyres and keep decent race pace may prove a worthy asset in the championship hunt. If it's down to raw pace and reliability, then Hamilton would probably have this sown up. But F1 is never that black and white and, with so many variables, it's really unfair to discount Button and Webber as strong championship challengers. Particularly considering Button's early form and his battle with Hamilton in Turkey. And considering how Webber has raised his game in the last few rounds.

I liked your message Paddy1

Mark
15th June 2010, 08:36
I find this post really difficult to comprehend. But, in relation to the bold writing, how can you say Lewis is more experienced than Alonso?.

I think was was meant is that Lewis is now much more experienced and mature than 2007 which was his rookie year.

If the Lewis of 2010 went into the 2007 championship fight, he would win it, IMO.

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 12:02
I think was was meant is that Lewis is now much more experienced and mature than 2007 which was his rookie year.

If the Lewis of 2010 went into the 2007 championship fight, he would win it, IMO.

If no Lewis went into the 2007 championship fight Alonso and McLaren would win it

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 12:09
If no Lewis went into the 2007 championship fight Alonso and McLaren would win it

Hmmm, if no Alonso in 2007 Lewis would have won it.....

Mark
15th June 2010, 12:34
Yep, remember that in 2007 if it weren't for him destroying his tyres in the Chinese Grand Prix, he would have been the champion then, not Raikkonen.

Would the 2010 Hamilton have listened to his team and stayed out on tyres that were finished.. I would hope he wouldn't.

I do think that 2009 when he had to fight for wins instead of being handed them, was a very good year for Hamilton. He emerged a much stronger driver as a result.

AndyL
15th June 2010, 12:44

Being 2 seconds behind after 70 laps doesn't work out to half a second per lap.

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 13:18
Hmmm, if no Alonso in 2007 Lewis would have won it.....

Dream on :laugh:

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 13:43
Dream on :laugh:

Explain?

Onslo and Lewis ended up on the same points. If Onslo had not taken points away from Lewis - Bingo, title in the bag.

Retro Formula 1
15th June 2010, 14:18
Being 2 seconds behind after 70 laps doesn't work out to half a second per lap.

In "Unofficial forum Rulebook" version seventy two, using logic like that means you are guilty of being a Jenson Fanboy and Lewis Hater :D

Facts are that Lewis drove a great race from starting in pole but Jenson started in 4th and drove his socks off to be right behind Lewis at the finish. Both were mighty on Sunday and I can't see how people can find fault with either driver.

donKey jote
15th June 2010, 18:43
Explain?

Onslo and Lewis ended up on the same points. If Onslo had not taken points away from Lewis - Bingo, title in the bag.

Now explain why you keep droning on about "Onslo"... have you found a loophole in the unwritten F1 Forum rulebook regarding silly names ? :dozey:

Tazio
15th June 2010, 19:09
Coulda', woulda', shoulda', 2007 WDC Kimi.

Yep, remember that in 2007 if it weren't for him destroying his tyres in the Chinese Grand Prix, he would have been the champion
And driving it into the gravel trap was just one in a series of chokes he finished the season with!

have you found a loophole in the unwritten F1 Forum rulebook regarding silly names ?
No! I found it a long time ago and exercise it at every possible opportunity ;) :s mokin:

donKey jote
15th June 2010, 19:31
No! I found it a long time ago and exercise it at every possible opportunity ;) :s mokin:
whatever makes him feel witty ;)

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 19:49
whatever makes him feel witty ;)

if itīs witty, itīs really subtle too because I donīt see where the witty part is :laugh:

Big Ben
15th June 2010, 19:56
Explain?

No. I have explained too many times my opinions regarding the 2007 season and McLaren impartiality in backing its 2 drivers. I think RD explained it pretty well after the Chinese GP. One got full suport to win the wdc and one got full support to lose the wdc. Ok, so Iīve ended up explaing it after all :laugh:

SGWilko
15th June 2010, 21:04
I feel witty, oh so witty, I feel witty and pretty and, errrrrrrrrr, ummmmmmm, happy? :laugh: (if you know how)

rohanweb
15th June 2010, 23:17
Valencia is another track which is suited to the Mclaren's and although its one of the more boring tracks in F1, it should be a good opportunity for another 1-2 for Lewis and Jenson. I think its the start of a shift in performance, and IMO Red Bull must be rueing the fact they didn't capitalise in the first 5 races. A more mature Lewis Hamilton know's there's plenty to play for.. :)

THAT IS DAMN TRUE ..WELL SAID MATE!!!

however dont say valencia is a boring circuit,you dont wana ruin my trip to valencia in couple of weeks time

ShiftingGears
16th June 2010, 09:03
THAT IS DAMN TRUE ..WELL SAID MATE!!!

however dont say valencia is a boring circuit,you dont wana ruin my trip to valencia in couple of weeks time

Should've picked a less boring track to go to then :p

Mia 01
17th June 2010, 19:07
It looks like it. Jenson and teamorders.

Ranger
19th June 2010, 04:55
:laugh: Lame excuse Mia, maybe you can use this one instead?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zf40OzfwOo&feature=player_embedded
Maybe this is Jenson's car for the next race? :p

:D :up:

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2010, 06:14
If I had been Ron I would have sacked Alonso as soon as he tried to blackmail the team.

If I had been Ron, I would have never hired the little #### to begin with. :D

Alonso jokes aside (and believe me, I've got millions of 'em! :p :) , Lewis does seem to have matured a good deal over the past three years. But I also have to compliment McLaren on the incredible job they've done in developing this year's car, to now be roughly on par with the Red Bulls. And though I'd never really been a fan of his, I also have to give big props to Button. That entire outfit really seems to be clicking. And no drama either. :up:

Valve Bounce
19th June 2010, 06:38
The way I see it, the outcome will depend on how McLaren can continue to manage the Bunsen + Lewis partnership. Lewis seems to be quicker normally, but when race strategy is involved in wet weather, Bunsen is the more capable of winning races.

Red Bull appears (to me anyway) to have shot themselves in the foot as I see this team as dysfunctional from the top down; I don't see anything settled between their drivers, and having Mark race Fettel is anything but smooth running. Maybe Horner should have signed Rubens to partner Fettel. :p : I can't see Mark accepting a fuel saving strategy in every race, can you? :D

jens
19th June 2010, 21:32
Hamilton has so far been clearly the best driver of the season. So going at current form he would deserve it.

Difficult to evalute due to different cars, but I'd say that in terms of performance Kubica has been at least a match to Hamilton.

Mia 01
24th June 2010, 18:48
Jenson only three points down, making better use of the car.

truefan72
25th June 2010, 00:08

wow, tell us how you really feel

when it comes to a decent F1 discussion, you are truly mia

Ari
25th June 2010, 01:09
Canada was never a Red Bull circuit. We knew that a month or two ago. The Bulls finishing 4th and 5th was a fairly reasonable outcome on a points perspective.

In Turkey the Bulls were leading the race. They had it all to lose.... and they did. The Maccas did not win that race, the bulls lost it. You could argue they fell to the pressure, and maybe they did, but at the end of the day The Maccas with all their straight line speed were losing to the Bulls in mechanical grip around corners.

So after two massive races for McLaren where the Bulls lost a race and the Maccas used some track advantage we are where we are.

Now to look at where we're going. The next 4 or 5 tracks massively suit the Red Bull car. Simple as that. They're mechanical grip, cornering circuits.... mostly.

That said, the Bulls have now got their F-Duct organised. If it's only half as good as the Maccas one then that will be more than enough to continue their advantage.

I think we're all being glassy eyed about the last two races but when you really look at it, what did McLaren win? Bulls lost one race and the Maccas won another at a circuit we all knew their car suited.

For mine the Maccas are still massively on the backfoot for this championship and the bulls well ahead.

What McLaren do have over Red Bull however is a much better team harmony. It seems that they are more balanced in driver respect, more intelligent in strategy and more professional as a whole. While Red Bull will cut Marks throat to deliver Vettel a podium McLaren let their two drivers go head to head for the win.

We all know what happened last time a team tried to favour their driver over the line.... Kimi won a championship!

This season has a longggggggggg way to go yet. I think we all too quickly forget the impact 25 points has this year over 10 last year.

Tazio
25th June 2010, 12:25
Excuse me Gents I wanted to post this on the Chanhdok Fred link.
But because of a certain someone's myopia (that's a euphemism) It was closed.
However since he/she is equally culpable here I'll just leave it.

His view is shared by Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, who delivered a one-two for McLaren in both the last two races, in Turkey
and in Canada. "Ferrari could be very strong here, " said Hamilton.

"Fernando was very quick in Montreal and was third despite things not working out for him in traffic. He will be a big danger."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/183047/Fernando-Alonso-revs-up-challenge

jens
27th June 2010, 18:57
After the last race I have an increasing feeling that Hamilton and Vettel will decide the WDC this season.

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 22:12

The ruthless, arrogant (monkey at the back) style works only to a degree.

I am not surprised that above comments comes from a rude racist citizen of sweden the country wich assisted Hitler during WW2.

for your information the 'Monkey' is rather ruthless in terms kicking ass of every fellow driver in F1 and marching to the championship ,

the 'monkey' in its own class.. also has really big balls to go half a second also per lap quicker than phoney chimps..and I have a serious question how the hell those chimps making the FULL use of the car.

there is nothing you can do about it rather than wait for a bad day.

if you still have issue with it then you can have a tissue !

Daniel
27th June 2010, 22:13
that comes from a rude racist citizen of weden whom assisted Hitler during WW2.

Your ignorance of WW2 history is astounding....

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 22:24
After the last race I have an increasing feeling that Hamilton and Vettel will decide the WDC this season.

but Hamilton is consistant and fastest.. finishing well every time..probably will be in podium for the rest of the races..
Vettel is a driver whom not yet won a championship and 'thinks' he is a 5 times worldchampion makes too many mistakes and the setup of his car is in big question time after every race..

while sir bunsen finishing behind hamilton for the last number of races, a& dr alonso busy thinking about hamilton..I put my money on Lewis Hamilton to better this year by far.

rohanweb
27th June 2010, 22:30
Your ignorance of WW2 history is astounding....

actually the swedish were indeed help thier neighhbour adolf hitler during the war.. that is well confirmed even with swedish colleagues.. there looks so cool but from someone who has spent time in sweden let me tell you my friend there is something you might not have read in the books from south africa.

Daniel
27th June 2010, 23:10
You have no idea what neutral means. The Swedes also shared information on the location of the Bismark which helped the British sink it and they also harboured British spies. But I don't expect you to acknowledge this as it doesn't suit your crazy beliefs

Mia 01
17th July 2010, 13:39
I donīt like him, a arrogant prick.

The new MS.

Triumph
17th July 2010, 21:20

The new MS.

Well, he's definitely supremely confident, which people often confuse with arrogance.

Arrogant or otherwise, I agree with your second comment.

:)

Jag_Warrior
17th July 2010, 23:37

The new MS.

And yet he has such nice things to say about you. :(

pino
18th July 2010, 06:21

The new MS.

I am tired of editing your rude and nonsense posts, so watch the language or you will be banned for 1 month ! Also try to post some constructive comments or don't bother posting at all...thank you !

Retro Formula 1
19th July 2010, 13:13
I am tired of editing your rude and nonsense posts, so watch the language or you will be banned for 1 month ! Also try to post some constructive comments or don't bother posting at all...thank you !

:up:

rohanweb
19th July 2010, 21:35

ACTION not words please Pino !

Ari
20th July 2010, 03:06
Canada was never a Red Bull circuit. We knew that a month or two ago. The Bulls finishing 4th and 5th was a fairly reasonable outcome on a points perspective.

In Turkey the Bulls were leading the race. They had it all to lose.... and they did. The Maccas did not win that race, the bulls lost it. You could argue they fell to the pressure, and maybe they did, but at the end of the day The Maccas with all their straight line speed were losing to the Bulls in mechanical grip around corners.

So after two massive races for McLaren where the Bulls lost a race and the Maccas used some track advantage we are where we are.

Now to look at where we're going. The next 4 or 5 tracks massively suit the Red Bull car. Simple as that. They're mechanical grip, cornering circuits.... mostly.

That said, the Bulls have now got their F-Duct organised. If it's only half as good as the Maccas one then that will be more than enough to continue their advantage.

I think we're all being glassy eyed about the last two races but when you really look at it, what did McLaren win? Bulls lost one race and the Maccas won another at a circuit we all knew their car suited.

For mine the Maccas are still massively on the backfoot for this championship and the bulls well ahead.

What McLaren do have over Red Bull however is a much better team harmony. It seems that they are more balanced in driver respect, more intelligent in strategy and more professional as a whole. While Red Bull will cut Marks throat to deliver Vettel a podium McLaren let their two drivers go head to head for the win.

We all know what happened last time a team tried to favour their driver over the line.... Kimi won a championship!

This season has a longggggggggg way to go yet. I think we all too quickly forget the impact 25 points has this year over 10 last year.

....and since, two Red Bull wins.

Roamy
20th July 2010, 06:10

The new MS.

mia the word is Prix if you don't want to get in trouble

with that being said I agree!!!

F1boat
20th July 2010, 07:03
....and since, two Red Bull wins.

But Lewis got more points then either vettel in webber in the recent races.

Ari
20th July 2010, 07:08

hush!

I'm right... okay? :)

rohanweb
20th July 2010, 20:32

thats right.... even if lewis continue to finish 2nd in the upcoming races it would take atlast good 4 or 5 races before someone overtakes him by points.

the most consistant driver with the ability to push for maximum points despite clear disadvantage over bulls shall win the championship..

i can only mention the man in yellow helmet who can do this, no doubt! while his blue helmet partner play the rear gunner :)

Retro Formula 1
21st July 2010, 13:31
thats right.... even if lewis continue to finish 2nd in the upcoming races it would take atlast good 4 or 5 races before someone overtakes him by points.

the most consistant driver with the ability to push for maximum points despite clear disadvantage over bulls shall win the championship..

i can only mention the man in yellow helmet who can do this, no doubt! while his blue helmet partner play the rear gunner :)

While I am a fan of the Yellow helmeted one, I would like to draw your attention that Mr Blue would probably be leading Mr Yellow if Mr Air Intake Plug Remover had done his job ;)

truefan72
21st July 2010, 18:04
While I am a fan of the Yellow helmeted one, I would like to draw your attention that Mr Blue would probably be leading Mr Yellow if Mr Air Intake Plug Remover had done his job ;)

true, and mr yellow might be leading mr blue after spain if the wheel rim did not break with a few laps to go, where mr yellow was in 2nd postion :)

anyway, I am happy they are 1-2 in the championship and leading the WCC, a better outcome than I expected going into the year

Retro Formula 1
22nd July 2010, 09:47
true, and mr yellow might be leading mr blue after spain if the wheel rim did not break with a few laps to go, where mr yellow was in 2nd postion :)

anyway, I am happy they are 1-2 in the championship and leading the WCC, a better outcome than I expected going into the year

Mr True is correct :)

Just goes to show that Mr Statistics and Miss Bikini are continuing their affair :laugh:

1-2 is great considering 3-4 is where their machinery is good for and long may it continue :D

Mia 01
23rd July 2010, 21:12
We will see.

Jag_Warrior
23rd July 2010, 23:19
Mr True is correct :)

Just goes to show that Mr Statistics and Miss Bikini are continuing their affair :laugh:

1-2 is great considering 3-4 is where their machinery is good for and long may it continue :D

You guys keep going. Other than not knowing who Mr Statistics and Miss Bikini are, I'm keeping up pretty well.

Mia 01
25th July 2010, 22:55
As I see it now they will need luck. Their devepment rate isnīt top any moore.

Mark
26th July 2010, 10:53
Their devepment rate isnīt top any moore.

You mean they aren't doubling their speed every 18 months? :D
(A little computing joke there :p )

Dave B
26th July 2010, 12:02
You mean they aren't doubling their speed every 18 months? :D
(A little computing joke there :p )
Groan.