PDA

View Full Version : 7 more days...

pino
5th March 2007, 10:13
I am already excited, and as usually I will get up in the night and watch the Australia GP live :D The only thing that disappoints me at the moment is Toyota, once again Jarno wont have a chance to show what a great driver he's :p : How about you Guys ?

SGWilko
5th March 2007, 10:31
Yes, the anticipation and the fact that testing 'appears' to show quite a few teams are close, means the excitement is really mounting.

I hope we are not all going to get a dull, processional race in Oz.

Mark
5th March 2007, 10:40
I can't wait :D

Although I won't watch live. I'll V+ it and watch it in the morning :D

pino
5th March 2007, 10:45
Video ? no thanks...too risky, it can stop or broke for some reasons :p :

Mark
5th March 2007, 10:46
There is always the repeat ;)

jens
5th March 2007, 10:52
The elections in Estonia are over as well as the Sapporo World Champs in skiing, so I'm gradually starting to give more attention to F1. At the moment I don't feel like "I can't wait for the start of the season". Let it just come. :)

The only thing that disappoints me at the moment is Toyota, once again Jarno wont have a chance to show what a great driver he's :p :

Agreed. :) In Australia we have to be ready for the worst scenario - if Toyota gets into the second session in quali, then it would already be an incredible achievement. :p : But then they have three more weeks to go to get better to get into point challenging positions (last year was the same case - in Bahrain among the last ones and two races later already on podium).

Ranger
5th March 2007, 11:00
I am already excited, and as usually I will get up in the night and watch the Australia GP live :D The only thing that disappoints me at the moment is Toyota, once again Jarno wont have a chance to show what a great driver he's :p : How about you Guys ?

OzGP will be my throwaway pickems round... I will be very satisfied if the race ends with the pickems results I have predicted... and your man is 2nd on that list. :p :

I will be sitting pretty at the GA area on the outside of turn 2, with the action visible and the video screen next to me... Should be sweet as! :D

However, Murray Walker commentating on Channel Ten is too good a thing to miss so I'm hopefully going to get the rest of the family to put the race on video. (What a great plan lol)

My first F1 race. I am unbelievably pumped. :D

pino
5th March 2007, 11:04
Agreed. :) In Australia we have to be ready for the worst scenario - if Toyota gets into the second session in quali, then it would already be an incredible achievement. :p : But then they have three more weeks to go to get better to get into point challenging positions (last year was the same case - in Bahrain among the last ones and two races later already on podium).

For what I've read in ital news, Jarno's not very happy, and no confident at all for the this 1st GP :(

Donney
5th March 2007, 11:16
I'm already planning dinner and entertainment before the race which here would be at around 4:00 am.

Can't wait, can't wait.

janneppi
5th March 2007, 11:16
Looking at the tv schedule, i can sleep late and watch re-runs of qually and race at 11 am, good job with the pay tv move. :p :

jens
5th March 2007, 11:35
For what I've read in ital news, Jarno's not very happy, and no confident at all for the this 1st GP :(

So it tends to be. In fact, Ralf seems slightly happier, which makes me wonder whether the start of the season is gonna be like last year - Ralf is in better form and scores points as Jarno struggles at the back? Anyway, if this is gonna be the case, then it would be really surprising if Jarno has motivation to drive three more years in that team... :s hock:

dwf1
5th March 2007, 11:44
I'll be watching it live in the morning and then will be playing paintball all day :D

BTCC Fan#1
5th March 2007, 12:05
As always I keep telling myself i'll get up in the early hours to watch it, but usually I oversleep and have to avoid the internet or TV news before watching the afternoon replay! :p

harsha
5th March 2007, 12:16
happens to me too,esp for the australian race but funny thing now is that i have an iron maiden concert on 17th and the race on 18th...that is if i can get up in time to see it

ozrevhead
5th March 2007, 13:03
Cant wait!!!

for once this year, we will be able to be in Chat AND watch the race :D

have we still got the chat?

GO MARK WEBBER!!!!!

Tazio
5th March 2007, 13:46
Having to watch the Euro races live at 4:30am it's comforting to say
I'll be watching this race at 8oopm PST(sat]

pino
5th March 2007, 14:21
have we still got the chat?

Hopefully yes :p :

BoilerIMS
5th March 2007, 14:37
I can't wait :D

Although I won't watch live. I'll V+ it and watch it in the morning :D

It's a pleasant change of pace for us Americans... rather getting up at the crack of dawn we get to watch OZ live on Saturday night. It requires a change of ritual... late dinner and a cold beer rather than breakfast and coffee. Oh well, "normal" GP ritual will resume not too many weeks hence.

DimitraF1
5th March 2007, 17:08
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dave B
5th March 2007, 19:48
Mark, how can you even contemplate not watching the race live? :eek: :crazy: Get up at 2am like the rest of us! :p

PSfan
5th March 2007, 19:55

Hay is this kinda like the 12 days of christmas?

with 12 days before the GP, Pino gave to me
A thread to discuss Jarno Trulli

11 days before the GP, Pino gave to me
3 day suspension from posting :p :

Ian McC
5th March 2007, 20:09
Looking forward to see how everyone gets on, a lot of changes for this season so will be interesting to see how it all shakes out :D

I don't think I will be watching it live though :p :

stevie_gerrard
5th March 2007, 21:28
my plan is to be up in time to watch the race live, my first live race at uni, i cant wait!! :D

BeansBeansBeans
5th March 2007, 21:29
I'll be up in the small hours to watch it. Despite the bleary eyes, it's always quite nice to think that all of your fellow F1 nuts are up doing the same.

Rippers
5th March 2007, 21:38
I dont know anyone else who gets up in the wee hours to watch F1, so im mighty glad to have found at least a few people who are like me and consider LIVE the only optioin :)

BeansBeansBeans
5th March 2007, 21:43
I dont know anyone else who gets up in the wee hours to watch F1, so im mighty glad to have found at least a few people who are like me and consider LIVE the only optioin :)

My friends think I'm a gigantic loser for following motorsport in the first place, so when I tell them I'm getting up at 2am to watch Qualifying they think I'm certifiable.

futuretiger9
5th March 2007, 21:46
I'll be setting my alarm for the Sunday morning. Getting up here in the UK, with that early Spring chill in the air. Can't wait...

pino
5th March 2007, 21:49
My friends think I'm a gigantic loser for following motorsport in the first place, so when I tell them I'm getting up at 2am to watch Qualifying they think I'm certifiable.

If I had such a friends...I will loose them right away ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2007, 21:50
I'll be up on sunday morning even though I'm at work at 8:30AM and out on Saturday night till 1:00AM

Sleep is for whimps :dozey:

K-Pu
5th March 2007, 22:07
IŽll be watching it live, no doubt about it.

4:00 A.M is a good time to wake up, nothing too different from my daily life!

waitey
5th March 2007, 23:49
il be at the grand prix friday saturday and sunday! are all you folks in europe or wherever you are jealous :D i would be!

millencolin
5th March 2007, 23:51
and as usually I will get up in the night and watch the Australia GP live :D

yay the one race where I DONT HAVE TO get up in the middle of the night to watch the race!!! Damn i love the Oz Gp!!

Bring on Melbourne... and come on Webber, perform a miracle in that red bull

Ari
6th March 2007, 00:52
Got my tickets! 4 different grand stands over 4 days and access to the Advantage members bar!

I am PUMPED!

My girlfriend is ANTI any kinda motorsport and it's taken me TEN, yes thats right, years to get her to an F1 event. And this is the event.

Oh I am pumped for this one!!!

Add to it that my auntie has an engagement party on the saturday night! Argh. Going to get to the party late and leave early hehehehe. I have a pitwalk at 7am on Sunday morning! Im going to be buggered by sunday night! :D

Go Webber!

race aficionado
6th March 2007, 02:28
. . . The only thing that disappoints me at the moment is Toyota, once again Jarno wont have a chance to show what a great driver he's :p : How about you Guys ?

It's tough to fathom that Toyota after all these years - with all it's financial resources have not come up with a competitive car.

go figure . . . .

sorry Pino

:s mokin:

tinchote
6th March 2007, 03:33
One of the few not requiring an early wake up on Sunday, so it'll be nice for a change :)

Ian McC
6th March 2007, 08:55
It's tough to fathom that Toyota after all these years - with all it's financial resources have not come up with a competitive car.

go figure . . . .

sorry Pino

:s mokin:

And I don't think this year will be any different

sorry Pino :p :

ioan
6th March 2007, 09:36
It will be a busy week end, F1 + the Alpine Ski World Cup finals!
That's something to cheer about!
I suppose I'll be sleeping all they long and only getting up for the various races! :D

Dave B
6th March 2007, 20:23
Pino, I was thinking of you today while munching lovely pizza in Covent Garden :D

janneppi
6th March 2007, 20:50
So you have learned your lesson from the mens cross country ski relay last week and made a reminder thread. ;)

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 21:59
bad news for all you all

I'm playing the pickems game this season! :bandit:

futuretiger9
6th March 2007, 23:52

I'm the same. My friends can't appreciate why I would want to sacrifice a good night's sleep to watch a mere motor race. They just don't understand...

F1boat
7th March 2007, 07:21
If it shown live, I'll get up for both qualy and race, no doubt about that. :)

Dagman
7th March 2007, 17:16
Can't wait, the OZ GP is the start of BarBQ season for us. Ribs, beer and F1
-Life doesn't get much better!

Ari
9th March 2007, 00:10
Can't wait, the OZ GP is the start of BarBQ season for us. Ribs, beer and F1
-Life doesn't get much better!

Ahhh yes indeed!!!

I could go one of those ribs and a brewski!!!! ;)

Ian McC
9th March 2007, 00:13
Actually the closer we get the more I am looking forward to it :D

With so many changes it is going to be great!

Cahyo
9th March 2007, 08:06
Aussie GP as opener is the perfect one to begin f-1 racing season here in Jakarta, the time couldnt be more perfect as the race begin at sunday morning 10am..u just do whatever at saturday night to speed up the time, go to sleep (or at least try to) and finally wake up at the lazy sunday morning and voila...the race about to start and f-1 season is around us again

and after turn 1, all of the sudden, i'll remember that i'm honda fan...n we're not allowed to get too excited :-(

hi 2 u all, i'm newbie here n glad to join this great forum

pino
9th March 2007, 09:55
hi 2 u all, i'm newbie here n glad to join this great forum

Welcome here, but remember...no text writting in here, thanks :)

Ian McC
9th March 2007, 20:14
Well the cars flew out from Stansted today, nice to see them again :)

Cahyo
10th March 2007, 01:18
Welcome here, but remember...no text writting in here, thanks :)

i just realized that, thanks for remind me :)

raikk
10th March 2007, 03:02
who would like to buy me some RedBull for the European and Bahrain races? :)

XR8
10th March 2007, 04:48
Only 4 days for me! We fly down to melbourne wednesday and first practice session is 9.30 am thursday morning.

ozrevhead
10th March 2007, 08:21
i cant wait :D

this time tommorow week we could be toasting a Mark Webber podium :D (i hope!)

Hey, BTW are we having the chat room this year????????

Plato 4 Title
10th March 2007, 08:42
well im going to go clubbing saturday night before the race but will have to leave early to get home for at 3am start - probably leave the club at 2, just not going to drink as much as i did last night because i feel ruff as righnt now ive only had 4 gours sleep and im still steaming. rolol on next wekend.

Plato 4 Title
10th March 2007, 08:45
btw to u aussies is it true if you turn your pint glass upside down in your town it means ure challenging any one to a fight and that if you dont want another drink you have to lay your glass on its side?

pino
10th March 2007, 10:39
Hey, BTW are we having the chat room this year????????

We are working on that :D

ozrevhead
10th March 2007, 11:32
We are working on that :D
fingers crossed for u then Pino...would love to see it happpen

jso1985
10th March 2007, 20:18
I remember last year's OZ GP when the friends were amazed when after they asked if I wanted to join them for a night out I told them "No thanks, there's an F1 race at 11PM"
well they couldn't understand and still can't but I don't care.
Can't wait :beer:

XR8
11th March 2007, 02:39
Yeah plato! Don't turn your glass upside down in a bar! For as long as I can remember this means you will take on all the bar. Hav'nt heard of the glass on the side though.

V12
11th March 2007, 07:12
About bloody time if you ask me :beer:

pino
11th March 2007, 07:21
fingers crossed for u then Pino...would love to see it happpen

Chat-room is ready and I will post the link a day before the pole starts :D

tinchote
11th March 2007, 10:06
The good thing here is that I don't have to sacrifice a lot of sleep for the Aus race. As for the qualy, are they keeping the silly format with the useless 15 minutes?

Ari
12th March 2007, 02:02
btw to u aussies is it true if you turn your pint glass upside down in your town it means ure challenging any one to a fight and that if you dont want another drink you have to lay your glass on its side?

Umm no. Not that im aware of.

For mine, if you turn your glass upside down it means youre drunk.

And if you lay it on its side it means youre even drunker! :)

jens
12th March 2007, 11:57
In our timezone quali starts at 6 o'clock in the morning and race at 5. Well, I'm most probably going to watch the race LIVE, but I'm not sure about quali (maybe I'm going to watch in replay at 14:00), because such an early wake-up two days in a row might not have a good effect on me. :crazy:

XR8
14th March 2007, 06:32
About to catch the plane to melbourne! Will be racing Auusie racing car # 18 Team AUSTRALEC FALCON so come down and say hello!Now only if WEBBO can take a podium so I can Bag IOAN AND HAWKMOON!

Big Ben
14th March 2007, 20:45
It seems that the organizers of the Australian GP consider night race.... I don't know what to make of that... still... it d be a good news for Europeans wouldn't it? Night race? strange though... I have to see one to decide whether I like such a thing or not...

Ian McC
14th March 2007, 23:03
Hey Pino your countdown is bust! :p :

Can't believe this but I am actually thinking of staying up to watch! :eek:

pino
15th March 2007, 07:28
Hey Pino your countdown is bust! :p :

It's not, I try to not to get too excited or I won't sleep until Sunday morning :p :

jens
15th March 2007, 11:44
I have got a new strategy.

I will watch the quali LIVE from 6 to 7 in the morning. And then from 11-17 (if I'm not mistaken) I'll watch Holmenkollen ski marathon. So it'll be a busy day and I can't afford watching quali in replay. :p :

The time of watching the Sunday's race depends on Saturdays "sleeping form". If on Saturday I fall asleep between 7 and 11, then I'll watch the race Live, if not, then in day's replay.

oily oaf
15th March 2007, 17:16
Now I'm not what you might call a massive F1 fan preferring instead the mayhem of oval racing but with the departure of that German f..f...f..f...f...f....fellow I find myself strangely drawn towards the uncertainty of the forthcoming season and will make a concerted albeit probably doomed effort to stay awake on beer sodden Sunday afternoons when the F1 circus hits Europe. :D

For what it's worth I see the red cars dominating the opening few races before the Mclarens get their cars dialled in and start to mount a serious challenge.

I'll stick my neck out and tip Massa to head the Ferrari challenge with Raikkonen struggling to get to grips with new car and rubber alike.

As for McLaren Fernando will of course dominate with the lions share of points but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lewis grab the odd podium or even a win or two.

I think Williams will be a stronger outfit this season and could even surprise one or two. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the team although I do think it's a bit strong the way old Frank gets people to push him around everywhere. I know he's the guvnor and all that but it wouldn't hurt him to get up on his toes now and again.
Lazy sod! :mad: