PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to DeLana

muggle not
8th June 2010, 00:15
Wow, think about a fast thinker, and, she and Kevin will make money from litttle Joie's comment:
http://twitter.com/DeLanaHarvick/status/15655545656

muggle not
8th June 2010, 01:00
Wow, think about a fast thinker, and, she and Kevin will make money from litttle Joie's comment:
I forgot to add:

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=5189772&showprevnext=1

harvick#1
8th June 2010, 01:10
The Harvicks always have the the humor for these types of things.

remember when Harv and Kenseth had some on track incidents, Harv wore the "Kenseths #1 fan" T-Shirt on pitlane all day :laugh:

00steven
8th June 2010, 02:37
Joey's comment was odd but, I do find Delana's habit of wearing Harv's race suits to be quite annoying.

Sparky1329
8th June 2010, 05:21

:D :up:

I love it! D is one of my favorite people in NASCAR.

NickFalzone
8th June 2010, 05:25
good for Joey. It's a tossup as to who's more annoying, Harv or his wife. Good race car driver, and she's a good manager/behind the scenes person, but man are they annoying.

Sparky1329
8th June 2010, 05:26
Joey's comment was odd but, I do find Delana's habit of wearing Harv's race suits to be quite annoying.

Why would such a thing annoy you? Oh and by the way, she has her own firesuits. She is a managing partner in KHI, you know. She was employed as a public relations professional prior to her marriage. Where did you ever get the idea that she wore Kevin's firesuits?

00steven
8th June 2010, 17:20
Of course she doesn't wear Kevin's firesuits.I ment replicas of his suite. I just think she does it to act like she's in charge.

Sparky1329
8th June 2010, 18:47
Of course she doesn't wear Kevin's firesuits.I ment replicas of his suite. I just think she does it to act like she's in charge.

She is in charge and quite competently if you ask me.

beachgirl
8th June 2010, 21:26
She does own the Nationwide team, if I'm not mistaken.

00steven
8th June 2010, 21:51
She does own the Nationwide team, if I'm not mistaken.

She is the listed owner but, it's really Kevin's team.

harvick#1
8th June 2010, 22:08

dont tell Kevin that. Kevin will look over the team and who he wants as drivers and the crew, but Delana does looks over everything, because Kevin doesnt really have the time to do it

00steven
8th June 2010, 23:11
dont tell Kevin that. Kevin will look over the team and who he wants as drivers and the crew, but Delana does looks over everything, because Kevin doesnt really have the time to do it

Well if Kevin doesn't have enough time to run his team, then I'm sure he doesn't have enough time to listen to me tell him "that".

Sparky1329
8th June 2010, 23:18

Kevin says it's hers. Boy, for somebody who has strong opinions about the Harvicks, you don't know much about them.

00steven
9th June 2010, 00:12
I don't have strong opinions about the Harvick's. I have strong opinions about Joey Logano.

muggle not
9th June 2010, 02:13
Fact is, Joey is still a kid and makes kiddie statements.

He has talent but hasn't learned how to use it yet. Time will tell if he learns enough to become known as one of the great drivers.

slorydn1
9th June 2010, 02:55
Fact is, Joey is still a kid and makes kiddie statements.

He has talent but hasn't learned how to use it yet. Time will tell if he learns enough to become known as one of the great drivers.

Well said :up:

Believe it or not, I like Joey- and if he ever learns racing etiquette he's gonna be very tough to beat. Hell, he's the ONLY driver the last two years that could take it to shrubbie week in and week out especially in the Nationwide series, My guy Kevin has come close driving his own stuff, but it was Joey who had Shrub all p/o'd last year with all the P2 finishes in Natwide...

That said:

I got lambasted by several on here when Kevin dumped him at Bristol because I had been paying attention to what DSPN wouldn't show us. Thank God for live leaderboard. Kevin had been 2-3 tenths faster a lap than Joey, in fact had been faster than the leader but a bad pit stop had gotten him mired in the back half of the top 10. Harvick went motoring by some pretty top shelf cup drivers that were in the race- his nemesis Cuz Carl included, and then he got to Logano...and got blocked for more than 25 consecutive laps...By Kevin's own admission he dive bombed it in there on the last lap and it didn't stick...and Joey got punted, sux to be him.

All Stop.

Fast forward to Pocono. If I wasn't watching Harvick's channel on DTV hot pass I may not have known what was going on.

Kevin, this time between .5 and .75 sec a lap faster catches up too Joey, who is still p/o'd about Bristol, and he pinched Kevin down on lap 197 going into turn 3, and Kev STILL passed him on the straight away. Joey fought back high in turn 1 of lap 198 (cool move in my book) and the were side by side down Long Pond and Joey again kept him down tight going through the tunnel, causing Harvick to get loose and have to lift as they came up off (Harvick said that on the radio-and Logano unwittingly confirmed when he said "I heard him let off in the straight away") then they got to turn 3...all the grip is on that patch in the middle and Kevin apparently already had his mind made up that he was going to use that patch to his advantage so he could clear Joey down the frontstretch and not have to mess with him anymore.....
The overhead camera shot shows what happened next and the rest is history.

Joey will learn eventually....

It took Kevin several to learn and I guarantee you if this was 2002 you would NOT have read muggle not taking up for Harvick.

Mark in Oshawa
9th June 2010, 18:28

No...not really. Delana isn't a figurehead Steven. You hear an interview with her, and you realize the most in touch women in NASCAR in terms of understanding the sport are Delana and Kelleye Earnhardt over at JR Motorsports...

slorydn1
10th June 2010, 00:11
"But the more I thought about it later, I was kind of like, well, if I had my way with Kevin, I would like to have him take me out to a nice dinner or maybe give me a back rub or an ankle rub. Having him wreck Joey Logano wouldn't even make my radar screen if I had almighty control over Kevin."

LOL nice comeback, D :up:

The full article goes on to explain why she wears a firesuit in the first place, and why she doesn't alot of times in the Natwide and Truck series.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/06/09/kharvick.delana.jlogano.firesuit.pocono/index.html

muggle not
10th June 2010, 00:18
Well said :up:

It took Kevin several to learn and I guarantee you if this was 2002 you would NOT have read muggle not taking up for Harvick.
You can say that again. I was anything BUT a Kevin Harvick fan. Over the years though I came to like what Harvick has developed into. Now, I am a fan of his. I still like Gordon and Jr but Kevin is also one of my favorites.

slorydn1
10th June 2010, 04:11
You can say that again. I was anything BUT a Kevin Harvick fan. Over the years though I came to like what Harvick has developed into. Now, I am a fan of his. I still like Gordon and Jr but Kevin is also one of my favorites.

I told you way back then he'd get there, eventually :p : :D

tstran17_88
10th June 2010, 04:53
The Harvicks always have the the humor for these types of things.

remember when Harv and Kenseth had some on track incidents, Harv wore the "Kenseths #1 fan" T-Shirt on pitlane all day :laugh:

That was when Happy punted Matt late in the race at Pocono & then Matt spun Happy out under caution.

Kevin was wearing a #17 shirt that one of his pit crew guys bought from the Kenseth trailer at Michigan the week after. The Harvick's auctioned it off for the KH foundation, signed by Kevin...which BTW was bought by a Kenseth fan! :p

I remember because my dad wanted that same Kenseth shirt that Happy was wearing, so when we got to Michigan on that Saturday...I bought the same one for him for Father's day!

muggle not
10th June 2010, 12:55
That was when Happy punted Matt late in the race at Pocono & then Matt spun Happy out under caution.

Kevin was wearing a #17 shirt that one of his pit crew guys bought from the Kenseth trailer at Michigan the week after. The Harvick's auctioned it off for the KH foundation, signed by Kevin...which BTW was bought by a Kenseth fan! :p

I remember because my dad wanted that same Kenseth shirt that Happy was wearing, so when we got to Michigan on that Saturday...I bought the same one for him for Father's day!
btw, the proceeds from the sales of the 'Firesuit" T-shirt will also go to the KH Foundation.

muggle not
11th June 2010, 21:51
This is good reading, Harvick speaks out on little Joey.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/06/harvick-calls-out-loganos-dad-feud-joey

slorydn1
12th June 2010, 02:14
This is good reading, Harvick speaks out on little Joey.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/06/harvick-calls-out-loganos-dad-feud-joey

Yep...I watched the full 18 minutes of Harv's press conference today and he brought the heat. It was funny to watch....so apparently Joey has already taken two shots at Kevin (Cup race at Phoenix and Natwide race at Richmond) that the press-and Joey-missed....

Sparky1329
12th June 2010, 06:40
Joey was shoved into the Cup series before he was ready for it in my opinion. He has the talent to race at the Cup level but his maturity level doesn't match his talent. The boy will learn the hard way if he has to but he doesn't need to. Kyle Busch comes to mind.

Tom Logano needs to go sit down somewhere and let his son fight his own battles before NASCAR forces him to. His son won't grow up until he grows up too and quits his job as Stage Mother.

slorydn1
12th June 2010, 11:09
Amen,Sparky :up:

Sparky1329
12th June 2010, 17:17
One thing is certain: Joey’s dad, Tom Logano, won’t be involved in any on-track confrontation between the two drivers this week.

Several sources said Friday that in a post-race meeting last weekend with NASCAR officials at Pocono, the brass “suggested” it might be a good idea for Tom Logano to take a break from the track.

When asked about the meeting, NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said, "Our policy has always been and continues to be that what is discussed in the Cup hauler stays in the Cup hauler.”

Read more: http://www.thatsracin.com/2010/06/11/38115/dont-look-for-apologies-from-logano.html#ixzz0qehRilUh