PDA

View Full Version : An Open Message to our Guests

slorydn1
4th June 2010, 01:55
Every time I log in to the forum these days, I look at the banner that shows whose online, which would either be at the top of the page (if you use the "Old Default Style) or bottom (on all the other styles) and always seem to note that there may only be 1 or 2 members and maybe 20-30 guests. The sheer number of guests tell me that there is interest in the forum, and the topics being discussed. I would like to invite the guests to sign up and start posting with the rest of us- you may be surprised that your opinion does count here.

I have belonged to a great number of racing forums over the years, and the one thing I have learned in a great number of them is that if you arent one of the "plank holders" in that forum then your opinion is unwanted and will be scorned. That just isn't the case here.

We have always tried to maintain a family type atmosphere in the Nascar subforum-more like brothers and sisters type family, if ya know what I mean. Yeah, we pick on each other, like when your driver and my driver has an "incident" on the track with each other, or my driver beats your driver in the race-sure, what are fans for right?

Case in point: I am a huge Kevin Harvick fan. Does that mean that the fans of Carl Edwards need to stay away because I am the moderator of this forum? Absolutely not. Just because I can't stand Carl Edwards doesn't mean that your opinion isn't valid-exactly the opposite is true. You may be able to point out something about Carl that I may have missed that shows I'm wrong about him. I actually defended him and his actions against Keselowski at Atlanta (Tstran would say I had a weak moment). By the same token, a slam by you on Harvick isn't gonna earn you a ban, either. There are times, tho admittedly rare, that I, too, have been openly critical of Harvick; I guess what I am trying to say is that it's all good.

So come on down, register, and join our dysfunctional family :D

Sparky1329
4th June 2010, 05:26
Hear, hear! :D

dunes
5th June 2010, 03:10
What he ment to say is your invited to be apart of our little family and unlike other forums we don't slam or bash people but we do have opinions and yours are welcome as well.
Come in sit a spell, take your shoes off and get loose.

call_me_andrew
9th June 2010, 04:34
I'm sure most of those "guests" are Yahoo and Google Spiders.

Thomer
9th June 2010, 21:19
So come on down, register, and join our dysfunctional family :D

Come in sit a spell, take your shoes off and get loose.

Be careful what you ask for. You'll keep getting jerks joining your form...Like me!

:D

slorydn1
9th June 2010, 22:22
Be careful what you ask for. You'll keep getting jerks joining your form...Like me!

:D

Welcome aboard :up:

Don't worry, I am equipped to deal with jerks :D :p

Robert Ryan
13th June 2010, 04:09
slorydn1 thanks. When I first visited here and mentioned Marcos Ambrose, one poster became very derogatory for no reason at all . I think the "floating" Guests fear that irrational behavior, displayed in older threads..

muggle not
13th June 2010, 12:51
slorydn1 thanks. When I first visited here and mentioned Marcos Ambrose, one poster became very derogatory for no reason at all . I think the "floating" Guests fear that irrational behavior, displayed in older threads..
Who is Marcos Ambrose? :D

Why would anyone post derogatory comments about Marcos, he is a very good driver and doesn't present a bad attitude.

Sparky1329
13th June 2010, 18:00
Who is Marcos Ambrose? :D

Why would anyone post derogatory comments about Marcos, he is a very good driver and doesn't present a bad attitude.

I don't know why anybody would bad-mouth Marcos.

Robert Ryan
13th June 2010, 21:43
I don't know why anybody would bad-mouth Marcos.

These comments date to his Craftsman Pickup days where it was suggested he would never make Cup status, there was more than one obnoxious individual at the time posting..It appears this board has changed for the good though, and that is encouraging for the "Guests" who are floating looking at the Forum's activity.

Sparky1329
14th June 2010, 02:39
These comments date to his Craftsman Pickup days where it was suggested he would never make Cup status, there was more than one obnoxious individual at the time posting..It appears this board has changed for the good though, and that is encouraging for the "Guests" who are floating looking at the Forum's activity.

I can only speak for myself. I think Marcos entered NASCAR with a good plan. He worked his way up to the Cup series carefully and deliberately and that has served him well. He wouldn't be a real racer if he wasn't aggressive but he picks his battles.

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2010, 19:33
I am living proof you don't have to be one of the plank owners to get on the thread and get your point out. I joined when Roselady, Racefanstan and the like were WAY more active, and I haven't always been the conventional fan, nor have I shied away from controversay. I also go to the Indycar and Chit Chat forums a lot and I do think one shouldn't be afraid of having an opinion, or disagreeing. Debate is fun if you understand it isn't personal. As for having fans of one driver scrapping with another, that is cool. You are all RACE FANS in the end, and united by that....

slorydn1
19th June 2010, 19:37
I am living proof you don't have to be one of the plank owners to get on the thread and get your point out. I joined when Roselady, Racefanstan and the like were WAY more active, and I haven't always been the conventional fan, nor have I shied away from controversay. I also go to the Indycar and Chit Chat forums a lot and I do think one shouldn't be afraid of having an opinion, or disagreeing. Debate is fun if you understand it isn't personal. As for having fans of one driver scrapping with another, that is cool. You are all RACE FANS in the end, and united by that....

As usual, you said it better than I did :p :

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2010, 00:35
I think the "floating" Guests fear that irrational behavior, displayed in older threads..

Hey, I just noticed: happy 10 year anniversary! You've been here since the beginning too. :up:

wbcobrar
27th June 2010, 06:11
This forum is the only one I have ever been a part of , not much of a facebook type. Sometimes something goes down in the world of racing that hacks me off , blows my mind , etc... this forum is a great place to vent , ask a question , or just state my obnoxious point, and get feed back from other fans . I encourage anyone reading this to sign up.