PDA

View Full Version : Turkington to return!

rallyrazz
3rd June 2010, 18:16
well, not to the btcc that is...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84113

DazzlaF1
3rd June 2010, 18:52
Well its probably not the move us as fans wanted but overall its just great that he'll be out racing again.

Good luck to him.

Allyc85
3rd June 2010, 18:59
Great to see him out on the world stage, thats one way of making the WTCC more interesting!

AndySpeed
3rd June 2010, 19:01
It's a shame as I was hoping he would be returning to the BTCC. As a fan though I'll follow his progress keenly along with that of Harry Vaulkhard.

UltimateDanGTR
3rd June 2010, 19:03
Great to see him out on the world stage, thats one way of making the WTCC more interesting!

agreed.

great news, just made that trip to brands hatch for the WTCC much more enticing! andy, huffy and turks to support: that'll be fun.

VkmSpouge
3rd June 2010, 19:27
I am glad Colin Turkington is back racing though a little disappointed that it is in the WTCC. Still I hope he can win a few races.

tisme
3rd June 2010, 19:44
I agree.

But I really can't see what he going to achieve by doing just three rounds?

Allyc85
3rd June 2010, 19:48
Put himself in the shop window, pull out some good results and show hes world class and try and get sponsors for neat year :)

rallyrazz
3rd June 2010, 19:54
Put himself in the shop window, pull out some good results and show hes world class and try and get sponsors for neat year :)

Indeed, perhaps if he does well next year and more factory teams come in, he may get a factory drive....

RMLCruzeing82
4th June 2010, 13:25
bad news for the btcc as i looks like Turks is heading for the wtcc

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4854

AndySpeed
4th June 2010, 16:51

Yes, we know...

rallyrazz
4th June 2010, 17:16

If you look at my opening post, you will see that I 've mentioned that Turkington won't be in the btcc

AndyRAC
4th June 2010, 22:52
Great news for Colin!! It's were he should be - in the World Championship!! Let's hope he impresses the right people - and something solid comes for the rest of the year, and maybe next. Remember, BMW are likely to pull out of the WTCC - and concentrate on DTM, GT2 racing - Would Colin be interested in any of them?

trebor901
5th June 2010, 15:02
I wont be supporting him he's just turned his back on BTCC without giving it a second thought, that is exactly why BTCC has no real interest anymore from manufacturers, he will be no where near Andy Priaulx or Huff and i will love seeing BMW demanding him move out of the factory cars way

UltimateDanGTR
5th June 2010, 15:10
I wont be supporting him he's just turned his back on BTCC without giving it a second thought, that is exactly why BTCC has no real interest anymore from manufacturers, he will be no where near Andy Priaulx or Huff and i will love seeing BMW demanding him move out of the factory cars way

turning his back on the BTCC?

If you remember correctly, he couldnt get a ride in the BTCC this year because of sponsorship due to those stupid bankers causing a stupid recession.

now, he's tried as hard as he can to get back to the BTCC by finding sponsorship. but he ultimately failed, it would seem through no fault of his.

so what is he supposed to do then-sit at home feeling sorry for himself? or trying to find himself something else in racing? him being a racing driver after all, he has every right to go elsewhere If he cant get back to BTCC

Eurotech
5th June 2010, 16:36
You genuinely couldn't be more wrong with this post to be honest

Allyc85
5th June 2010, 21:33

Sorry but a load of bollocks :rolleyes:

Eurotech
5th June 2010, 21:35
What planet were you on when Colin got on the podium in the WTCC race at Brands on 2007?

Dave B
6th June 2010, 14:37
Absolute rot. What do you expect a racing driver to do? Turn down a WTCC drive in the hope that he can get his BTCC career back on track? Good grief. Colin's capable of holding his own with the best of them - although it's natural that he may not be able to demonstrate this in a one-off appearance - and this could be his ticket to a full-time drive. I wish him all the best, and hope he's successful in whatever series he contests.

VkmSpouge
6th June 2010, 15:26
I wont be supporting him he's just turned his back on BTCC without giving it a second thought, that is exactly why BTCC has no real interest anymore from manufacturers

How do you equate Colin Turkington getting a privately funded drive in the WTCC for three rounds to the BTCC only having Honda and Chevrolet competing as works entries?
Also as others have explained it really is a load of crap to suggest that Turkington has turned his back on the BTCC.

he will be no where near Andy Priaulx or Huff

That will depend on how quickly WSR can adapt to the Yokohama tyres and the foreign tracks they are going to. I do remember Turkington in an appearance in 2008 at the Brands Hatch round was right on the pace being the best qualifying BMW in 3rd (only behind Alain Menu's Chevy and James Thompson's Alfa) and finishing 3rd and 4th in the two races.

52Paddy
6th June 2010, 18:19
Great news that Turkington is back racing. I can now support two fellow countrymen in two well known touring car series' (the other being Steven Kane). :)

RMLCruzeing82
26th June 2010, 02:39
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4942

turkingtons car is reviled. looks stunning as well

Captain VXR
26th June 2010, 16:13
I hope Turkington kicks some serious butt in it

RMLCruzeing82
26th June 2010, 16:19
I hope Turkington kicks some serious butt in it

Me to and what a better hy to start his WTCC start this year, im front of the fans that love him the most

COME ON TURKINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

trebor901
27th June 2010, 00:05
i hope he does well but think the car looks awful and that livery makes it look like an older car than it actually is

Les
28th June 2010, 12:31
Me to and what a better hy to start his WTCC start this year, im front of the fans that love him the most

COME ON TURKINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!
you do realise Brands will be his second round - he starts in Portugal this weekend

RMLCruzeing82
28th June 2010, 23:13
you do realise Brands will be his second round - he starts in Portugal this weekend

does he really? great :D