PDA

View Full Version : Webber out of Red Bull at end of this year?

Daniel
30th May 2010, 16:41
I was going to post this before the race today :p

But basically I saw that the new Red Bull 4 pack packaging only has Vettel on it which means that the only logical conclusion to draw is that Webber won't be in Red Bull after this year? :p

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ilbvnl.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/i6il3p.jpg
As you can see, no Mark Webber on either side of the packaging!!!

Seriously, this is more newsworthy than some of the tripe that gets posted on here like that there's a rift between Bruno Senna's elbows and other such crap :mark:

P.S Sorry for the rather rubbish photos!

UltimateDanGTR
30th May 2010, 16:42
is the vettel packet of red bull going to swerve right and hit all those other red bull cans and cause a large crash?

Daniel
30th May 2010, 16:44
is the vettel packet of red bull going to swerve right and hit all those other red bull cans and cause a large crash?
Does it matter? The Blue Bolt stuff will be so far behind with the Monster Energy drink consistently being at the front of the middle of the pack :p

Ari
30th May 2010, 16:45
We get the same pack in Australia with Webbers mug on it. :p

SGWilko
30th May 2010, 16:47
If Vetel does not up his game, there will be a re-brand in order.

I doubt Webber gives a xxxx about some caffeine crammed 'heart attack in a can' drink.

The sooner Seb stop OD'ing on the stuff before the race the better. ;)

ioan
30th May 2010, 16:47
Yep, they will probably replace him one of those Duracell bunnies who can keep going and going forever. ;)

SGWilko
30th May 2010, 16:48
We get the same pack in Australia with Webbers mug on it. :p

Uh oh, Sebs deffo out next year then!!!!! :D

Daniel
30th May 2010, 16:49
Uh oh, Sebs deffo out next year then!!!!! :D
B.S You don't even have pics to verify your source :p

Dave B
30th May 2010, 17:01
I've got a can of Red Bull with neither driver's picture on it, which probably proves something.... :p

Daniel
30th May 2010, 17:02
I've got a can of Red Bull with neither driver's picture on it, which probably proves something.... :p
That you have a can of Red Bull? :p

harsha
30th May 2010, 17:16
that you people even drink red bull :p :

ioan
30th May 2010, 17:25

Strange isn't it?!

Azumanga Davo

The bull is driving? :eek:

Caroline

The Red Bull wasn't bought. It was used solely for photographic purposes and put back on the shelf. Besides, it's horrible stuff which is only drinkable when coupled with a jug of vodka.

Wonder how many cans they need to sell to cover the cost of repairs to Vettel's car? :p

Daniel
30th May 2010, 17:26
The Red Bull wasn't bought. It was used solely for photographic purposes and put back on the shelf. Besides, it's horrible stuff which is only drinkable when coupled with a jug of vodka.

Wonder how many cans they need to sell to cover the cost of repairs to Vettel's car? :p
A load of BS!

There was some Red Bull purchased non? :p

Caroline
30th May 2010, 17:27
I stand corrected. Someone bought a single can of Red Bull. Ugh.

Daniel
30th May 2010, 17:29
I stand corrected. Someone bought a single can of Red Bull. Ugh.
Your credibility is shot dear, you'll never be able to post on this forum with any authority :p

Dave B
30th May 2010, 17:30
I'd like to make it clear that I haven't purchased any energy drinks for at least a decade. Horrible stuff!

Daniel
30th May 2010, 17:32
I'd like to make it clear that I haven't purchased any energy drinks for at least a decade. Horrible stuff!
Strangely enough I find Red Bull helps me sleep if I'm being a little bit of an insomniac :mark: A can of Red Bull and an episode of the Simpsons I've seen over and over and I'm asleep in no time.

UltimateDanGTR
30th May 2010, 19:03
Strangely enough I find Red Bull helps me sleep if I'm being a little bit of an insomniac :mark: A can of Red Bull and an episode of the Simpsons I've seen over and over and I'm asleep in no time.

If I am ever sturggling to sleep I just watch that IndyCar race at kansas from the other week all over again. :D

thankfully for my body, no red bull needed.

markabilly
30th May 2010, 20:01
yep according to the aurthorities on the other thread, webber appears headed to ferrari for next year....probably to replace Freddie A.

RJL25
30th May 2010, 20:03
yep according to the aurthorities on the other thread, webber appears headed to ferrari for next year....probably to replace Freddie A.

your being a tool mate, I said that webber would be pissed off at his team for blaming him and therefore would probably be keen to re-open discussions with other teams, rumored to be Ferrari, not by me, but other media outlets.

ioan
30th May 2010, 21:25
your being a tool mate,...

No need to use such language for no offense at all.

SGWilko
30th May 2010, 21:30
No need to use such language for no offense at all.

Actually I thought he hit the nail on the head!

ioan
30th May 2010, 21:43

This was supposed to be a fun thread, at least judging by most posts, not hitting the nail with the head, oups sorry, on the head! :D

SGWilko
30th May 2010, 21:59
This was supposed to be a fun thread, at least judging by most posts, not hitting the nail with the head, oups sorry, on the head! :D

Play on words buddy.

You hit a nail on the head with a hammer.

A hammer is a..........?

Tool.

Humour - anyone else bring it with them on entering the forum?

markabilly
30th May 2010, 22:20
thanks i thought i did too

ioan
30th May 2010, 23:29
Play on words buddy.

You hit a nail on the head with a hammer.

A hammer is a..........?

Tool.

Humour - anyone else bring it with them on entering the forum?

I suppose that my play of words was way to subtle in this case, for a good reason ofcourse. ;)

Valve Bounce
31st May 2010, 00:47
Yep, they will probably replace him one of those Duracell bunnies who can keep going and going forever. ;)

:D :rotflmao:

jens
31st May 2010, 11:41
This title of the thread somehow created another parallel in a comparison, which I somehow had reached after yesterday's race. That is - Vettel's third full season in F1 is starting to remind me nothing else than Alonso's third season in F1, when he was having troubles against Trulli and had a fair amount of setbacks during the season. Webber is forced to become a #2 and he will leave the team with dissatisfaction? Oh, how familiar that would be. :p :

Valve Bounce
31st May 2010, 13:14
This title of the thread somehow created another parallel in a comparison, which I somehow had reached after yesterday's race. That is - Vettel's third full season in F1 is starting to remind me nothing else than Alonso's third season in F1, when he was having troubles against Trulli and had a fair amount of setbacks during the season. Webber is forced to become a #2 and he will leave the team with dissatisfaction? Oh, how familiar that would be. :p :

Webber won't be forced really, it's just that RBR want to save fuel, so one driver has to slow down for the benefit of saving the earth from excessive pollution.

markabilly
31st May 2010, 13:32
No he will remain with Red Bull, in a new chassis...with a new teamate named scotnot...and together they shall ssave much fuel and turn the world green with red bull piss everywhere

Retro Formula 1
31st May 2010, 16:12
I was shocked by the view of the Red Bull management. I expected them to play things down, say it was a slight misjudgement by Seb or that it was a racing incident.

But, to come out and put this on Mark is amazing! Webber should be under no illusion he is not the favoured driver in the team.

What needs to be asked is are Red Bull going to chuck the constructors and possibly the drivers titles to try and get Seb the title or will they get behind Mark as well.

Daniel
31st May 2010, 16:14
I was shocked by the view of the Red Bull management. I expected them to play things down, say it was a slight misjudgement by Seb or that it was a racing incident.

But, to come out and put this on Mark is amazing! Webber should be under no illusion he is not the favoured driver in the team.

What needs to be asked is are Red Bull going to chuck the constructors and possibly the drivers titles to try and get Seb the title or will they get behind Mark as well.
I don't think they've blamed Mark as such, they've just come out and said that both drivers are at fault and that they expected better. The general populace who seem to feel that Webber is blameless in all of this have misconstrued this to say that Webber is 100% at fault.

Roamy
31st May 2010, 16:33
I remember when JV got a small tear in the oil pan so the team said reduce your rpms by 1000. so Hill passed and I often thought how would a 20000 rpm engine have much difference ?? I really doubt Webber had a fuel issue and if he did it was preconceived before the race. There is no way in HELL Webber will ever be seb's "Kartoffel" boy so addios Red Bull. And rightly so!!

steveaki13
31st May 2010, 16:40
I look forward to Canada to see if this has died down, because if not, I see the rest of Webbers season being a tough and tense one.

I feel a bit for Mark who seems to be facing against most of the team, because these incidents are always likely as, (stating the obvious here) in the same car with two equally talented drivers they will often end up on the same piece of race track and occasionally in the same cockpit space as happened Sunday.

Sometimes these things happen and have happened in the past so I think Red Bull need to keep cool and except that when your two drivers are both battling for the title, that once or twice things can go a bit wrong, the only way to be sure of avoiding these incidents is to team order the whole race, which I don't want to see.

Valve Bounce
31st May 2010, 23:40
I don't think they've blamed Mark as such, they've just come out and said that both drivers are at fault and that they expected better. The general populace who seem to feel that Webber is blameless in all of this have misconstrued this to say that Webber is 100% at fault.

Not true. Both Helmut Marko and Horner clearly blame Mark Webber, and I have posted links to this on another thread.

Daniel
31st May 2010, 23:42
Not true. Both Helmut Marko and Horner clearly blame Mark Webber, and I have posted links to this on another thread.
I've not really seen either saying anything other than that both drivers should have given each other room?

Valve Bounce
1st June 2010, 00:16
I've not really seen either saying anything other than that both drivers should have given each other room?

You may have missed this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84052

Asked for his views on the accident, Marko reckons that Vettel was in the right to turn across the track, even with Webber there, since the German had got his nose ahead.

"He [Vettel] was already ahead, at least two metres ahead, and there was a corner to the left side coming, so he had to go for the line," he said. "He cannot brake on the dirt because for sure he knows what happens.

Daniel
1st June 2010, 00:22
Well he's got a point.... He did however still lay some blame on Vettel in the interview I saw.

Valve Bounce
1st June 2010, 00:30
Well he's got a point.... He did however still lay some blame on Vettel in the interview I saw.

I am sure he would have said the same thing had Vettel tried that move on SchM. :D :rotflmao:

markabilly
1st June 2010, 00:54
New red Bull Press release just out:

I think they heard Valve....

"Due to damage to Mr. Webber's chassis as well as concerns expressed about the failure of impariality on Motorsportsforum.com, and just to keep our little red bulls buds in australia drinking the piss, for the Canadian GP, Webber will be getting a new chassis and well as a new crew, while Sebumper Vettel will be relegated to driving his old car with his old crew who keep forgetting to tighten all his nuts and loose screws"

http://www.mckinleyrobotics.org/2007/aboutus/fundraising/images/carwash03.jpg

AndyL
1st June 2010, 11:11
Well he's got a point....

I don't think he has. "What happens" is that the guy on the dirty line has to brake earlier and as a result fails to complete the pass.

markabilly
1st June 2010, 13:21
However, I did see where Sebumper Vettel's car to get strange new wheel mod, with a cockpit switch labelled "for use on teamate only".

I have no idea what it is....or how it could be used

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/GW359H200.jpg

markabilly
1st June 2010, 13:31

markabilly
1st June 2010, 13:41

G

52Paddy
1st June 2010, 19:42
I got a pack of Red Bull with Yuji Ide's face on it ;)

SGWilko
1st June 2010, 20:04
I got a pack of Red Bull with Yuji Ide's face on it ;)

I got a slice of toast with the face of Christ burnt on it.....

52Paddy
1st June 2010, 21:18
I got a slice of toast with the face of Christ burnt on it.....

I got a pack of Durex with some fine madame's breasts transparently visible on it.

Retro Formula 1
2nd June 2010, 09:10
I got a pack of Durex with some fine madame's breasts transparently visible on it.

i got rythem :p

52Paddy
2nd June 2010, 19:34

I got fascinating rhythm ;)

2nd June 2010, 20:57
I got fascinating rhythm ;)

"Give me some of that bass line on your stereo
Give me the funky rhythm and we're ready to go
A little something for the heart, some medicine for the soul
And now we got it under full control
I make a pilgrimage (devastating) to the dance floor
Mister operator, what you're waiting for
It's Willy O on the control tower
It's Bass-O-Matic in the funky power
We never begin until the midnight hour
We never begin until the midnight hour
So now you know the name, you know the bass line is a game
Jamming the dance floor is his only aim
Like a funky avenger, tougher than a ninja
Devastating the speakers is his claim to fame
'Cause we're solid and rough without shame"

Ari
3rd June 2010, 03:32

I got soul :p

Rollo
3rd June 2010, 03:38
I got soul :p

You're a sad git... shoulda gotta Cerato Koup :D

markabilly
3rd June 2010, 04:07
Webbers contract extention likely to be confirmed before the Canadian GP.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/redbull/7794875/Mark-Webbers-future-at-Red-Bull-safe-despite-fallout-from-Sebastian-Vettel-crash.html

Red Bull’s own website has been awash with angry comments about the team’s lack of support for Webber in public.
However, it is understood that Webber has cleared the air with Red Bull’s management and will stay beyond the current season.

Horner wrote an open letter to fans on the team’s forum and also released a statement to the media saying the two drivers were equally to blame for the collision, adding that “Dr Marko also fully shares this view.”

:rotflmao: oh, yeah, right :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
3rd June 2010, 06:02
Not long after the crash, I had an uneasy feeling about the whole fiasco. It seemed to me that the whole thing revolved around Vettel establishing his turf at Red Bull as well as in F1.

Sure! he wanted Webber to give him room like he did in Malaysia, but he wants it for the rest of this season and the future if Webber was re-signed at Red Bull. His looney gestures after the crash was intended to discredit Webber, and his sooking with the team on his arrival at the pits was intended to get them on his side; and it almost worked. Had the media and around 75+% of the motor racing followers not opined that Webber was not to blame, it would have worked because Vettel had already convinced Marko and Horner.

But he didn't convince us, nor the commentators who almost to a man condemned Vettel as the culprit. And now, Horner says it was 50-50, and he even says Marko is in agreement. What a crock of shyte.

Just think: would SchM have made such gestures after such an accident, or gone sooking to the team in the pits. For whatever we may think of SchM, there is no doubt that he is a real MAN and would not have resorted to such childish tricks. I admired Vettel's driving ability and even the guy before Turkey - now I have lost all respect for this person.

For the record, I would rather cheer for SchM than for Vettel in any future race, and that is one helluva turn-up for the books.

RJL25
3rd June 2010, 06:47
MS if in the same position would have remained calm and composed in the public eye, waited patiently untill he got back to the pits and away from the public gaze, and then promptly break something and get it all out of his system.

The difference is MS is a professional, SV has a lot to learn in this respect.

Even Webber who is known for being completely politically incorrect managed to stay calm and composed in his comments, SV just acted like a cry baby.

F1boat
3rd June 2010, 07:02
Just think: would SchM have made such gestures after such an accident, or gone sooking to the team in the pits. For whatever we may think of SchM, there is no doubt that he is a real MAN and would not have resorted to such childish tricks. I admired Vettel's driving ability and even the guy before Turkey - now I have lost all respect for this person.

For the record, I would rather cheer for SchM than for Vettel in any future race, and that is one helluva turn-up for the books.

Michael is the greatest, Seb is a prick. ;)

i_max2k2
3rd June 2010, 08:10
Michael is the greatest, Seb is a prick. ;)

Well can't say much here, and that IS the difference between pretenders and greatness. I remember Monaco 2004 he came in the garage and the only thing he did was throw his helmet. A year where he just wouldn't loose.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 12:36
MS if in the same position would have remained calm and composed in the public eye, waited patiently untill he got back to the pits and away from the public gaze, and then promptly break something and get it all out of his system.

The difference is MS is a professional, SV has a lot to learn in this respect.

Even Webber who is known for being completely politically incorrect managed to stay calm and composed in his comments, SV just acted like a cry baby.

Like he did in Spa that time? - the "I'm gonna kill you" incident with DC......

....when the Shoe could be seen mincing down the pitlane like he was power walking to go 'whack' DC one? ;)

markabilly
3rd June 2010, 13:24
Not long after the crash, I had an uneasy feeling about the whole fiasco. It seemed to me that the whole thing revolved around Vettel establishing his turf at Red Bull as well as in F1.

Sure! he wanted Webber to give him room like he did in Malaysia, but he wants it for the rest of this season and the future if Webber was re-signed at Red Bull. His looney gestures after the crash was intended to discredit Webber, and his sooking with the team on his arrival at the pits was intended to get them on his side; and it almost worked. Had the media and around 75+% of the motor racing followers not opined that Webber was not to blame, it would have worked because Vettel had already convinced Marko and Horner.

But he didn't convince us, nor the commentators who almost to a man condemned Vettel as the culprit. And now, Horner says it was 50-50, and he even says Marko is in agreement. What a crock of shyte.

the first half you got right, the second half......."real man"?????

You are getting as bad as markabilly, in your old age....

markabilly
3rd June 2010, 13:28
I assume you are laughing at the article rather than my post. If Webber is confirmed for next year in the coming week, can I laugh at you? :s mokin:
I was laughing at the quotes from the article, but you can laugh at me....I am a REAL MAN, and I can take it..... :D

My guess is webber figures he better take what is on the table....and red bull figures they better take webber, or all those aussies and other english types will quit drinking their stuff...lord help us, even marko now thinks it was just a racing incident...oh yeah, sure.

Now just where was all the uproar when poor scotnot speed got shafted by those huns?????

:confused:

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 14:10
I was laughing at the quotes from the article, but you can laugh at me....I am a REAL MAN, and I can take it..... :D

My guess is webber figures he better take what is on the table....and red bull figures they better take webber, or all those aussies and other english types will quit drinking their stuff...lord help us, even marko now thinks it was just a racing incident...oh yeah, sure.

Now just where was all the uproar when poor scotnot speed got shafted by those huns?????

Speed was just slow and WAY out of his depth.

He learned very fast that watered down American racing is not up to the standard of F1.

CNR
3rd June 2010, 14:24
the word from oneHD sport tonight is that mark is in new talks with other teams

markabilly
3rd June 2010, 14:33
Speed was just slow and WAY out of his depth.

He learned very fast that watered down American racing is not up to the standard of F1.

Speed was in europe long before he went F1

weelll i hate to admit but first, red bull was apaying him to go, and second, when he got here, in most races, he is a mid packer at best...driving in the oval truck series, with some very fine equipment, but me like the chopper fans, stand by speed, even if he got none

markabilly
3rd June 2010, 14:37
Top teams with best chance of winning:
first red bull and mac.
Brawn,
ferrari (who aint been setting the world on fire....)
Force india
renault........

i suppose if the money is better at a lesser team......he could do a Damon Hill or a JV

Sonic
3rd June 2010, 15:19
I do hope Mark can stay at Red Bull as I feel if he leaves RBR he will regret it. Its better in my experience to stick it out in a competetive team with a perhaps less than ideal intra-team spirit, than to jump ship to be the golden boy in a weaker team.

ioan
3rd June 2010, 15:28
Top teams with best chance of winning:
first red bull and mac.
Brawn,
ferrari (who aint been setting the world on fire....)
Force india
renault........

i suppose if the money is better at a lesser team......he could do a Damon Hill or a JV

I think you should place Renault ahead of Ferrari in that list.

ioan
3rd June 2010, 15:29
Maybe I missed it however I didn't see it mentioned that Webber asked the team to tell Vettel to stop pushing him.

Sonic
3rd June 2010, 15:37
Maybe I missed it however I didn't see it mentioned that Webber asked the team to tell Vettel to stop pushing him.

I think its been mentioned and from my POV he had to at least ask. I recall Damon Hill doing the same at spa in '98 - on that occassion EJ got on the horn and called off the battle and secured a 1-2. Red Bull went the other way and went from1-2 to 3-DNF.

The racer in me is happy battle was alowed to take place between Webber and Vettel, but the Fantasy F1 manager in me is gutted! :D

BTW Ioan how have you been finding watching F1 without your Ferrari hat on?

Bagwan
3rd June 2010, 16:17

I just brought that up in the other thread .

Webber asked that he back off .

In the world of no team orders , it seems that cryptic messages sometimes are misconstrued .

This seems to be why they blamed Webber at first .
Perhaps Vettel was not the only one who understood that when your team mate asks you to back down , and the team says no , it is the same as saying , you may pass , since you are faster .
He would not likely be privy to Webber's radio conversations , so must have had some directive .
He would not know Mark had been turned down unless his engineer had told him .

What he and his team did know was that he was faster .

ArrowsFA1
3rd June 2010, 16:43
Webber asked that he back off.
My interpretation of the story (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84093) is that Webber asked the team if they would ask Vettel to back of. There's no harm in him asking, particularly has he had led the race until that point, but given the position of the McLarens at the time it's understandable that the team said 'no'.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 16:54

Yes, because he had been asked to turn down the wick.

Despite RBR's best efforts - pitting Seb (the German for the benefit of our nautical friend with the boat) first, giving him a power advantage etc - Webber remained in the lead after the stops.

Mia 01
3rd June 2010, 18:09
As most people can se, RBR :s drivers are not the best in the field. They got the best car the last year and this year. WCC and WDC? They will not get it this year neither. Neither Seb or Mark can be shore of their seats for next year.

jens
3rd June 2010, 19:19
The sad thing now is that like Schumacher, Hamilton, etc Vettel's future achievements will always look 'tainted' in the eyes of various F1 fans due to 'favoritism'. Whenever he happens to beat Webber, people will claim he had a team support and a better car. :s

Sonic
3rd June 2010, 19:57
The sad thing now is that like Schumacher, Hamilton, etc Vettel's future achievements will always look 'tainted' in the eyes of various F1 fans due to 'favoritism'. Whenever he happens to beat Webber, people will claim he had a team support and a better car. :s

Hmmm. Not quite sure I'm there yet. The Red Bull management clearly favour their prodigal son, however in all fairness they have produced two equal and race winning machines and allow their drivers to race - something no Schumacher team mate has ever been allowed to do.

Both Schumacher and Hamilton have cheated during their career - fact. Vettel made a bad judgement call, nothing more.

ioan
3rd June 2010, 20:25

That means that it will be business like usual around here! :D

Mia 01
4th June 2010, 18:00
Neither driver deserve their seats at the moment. Just like Alonso.

52Paddy
5th June 2010, 12:01
Neither driver deserve their seats at the moment. Just like Alonso.

Big statement there. Who would you put in the Red Bull seats?

Mia 01
5th June 2010, 14:46
Big statement there. Who would you put in the Red Bull seats?

If possible, Robert K and Heikki K.

Seb perhaps wants to try out the Ferraris.

SGWilko
5th June 2010, 15:39

Heikki could not cut it at McLaren, and was only above average at Renault.

markabilly
5th June 2010, 15:57
Heikki could not cut it at McLaren, and was only above average at Renault.
much like webber at jaguar, williamns and much of his career at red bull.....except for chopping and blocking.....

Garry Walker
5th June 2010, 16:02
much like webber at jaguar, williamns and much of his career at red bull.....except for chopping and blocking.....

As I said in another thread, stop drinking so much cheap booze.

SGWilko
5th June 2010, 16:11

Still noot proof reading then?

Williamns being a new team I guess......

markabilly
5th June 2010, 22:46
Still noot proof reading then?

Williamns being a new team I guess......
i think your son is hungry....."still noot".....and a dangling dangler at the end.... :eek:

anyway webber will not be going to ferrari....it will be vettel and rossi instead, esp after vale just broke his leg big time.....

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6192123/Rossi-Ferrari-need-Vettel-and-me

and alsono will be the third driver......

Valve Bounce
6th June 2010, 10:53

Ferrari or Renault, I am guessing. There really is no place for him in the Wundekind's team.

Valve Bounce
6th June 2010, 10:55

You are becoming an absolue bore with your accusations of chop and block which everyone here is totally ignoring. Just so you can remain looking stupid.

Mia 01
6th June 2010, 11:06
I admit that Mark is a bone hard racer.

If in a tense situation, he takes space, alot, gives none.

Its a gamble as we can see.

Daniel
6th June 2010, 11:07
You are becoming an absolue bore with your accusations of chop and block which everyone here is totally ignoring. Just so you can remain looking stupid.
Ignoring people only works when you ACTUALLY ignore people VB :rotflmao:

Also, I'm not ignoring Markabilly (for now at least) because I do agree with him that Webber isn't the safest driver on the grid.

Also, Markabilly has the right to his personal opinions without you trying to make things personal.....

markabilly
6th June 2010, 11:44
These are all rumours, and personally I think Red Bull will end up keeping him on one year contracts. In this latest spat at RB, Webber has been the one who has chosen his words carefully and the team have been the ones who have emabarrassed themselves. Drivers like Alonso, Kubica, Hamilton etc would not have acted quite so professionally under the circumstances, and his maturity is the quality which shone through IMO.
well, his "after the race personality" was a cut above the rest, clearly.

I am still amused by the pit wall celebration at the pass, then outburst of anger.....coupled by the clear condemnation of Webber by the bull big boys bull.

and then after their website gets flooded by chopper lovers, polls and so forth, and esp their fear of loss of sales and image, they suddenly say "racing incident" a couple of days later and start posting a photo of webber and vettel, that does look a bit photoshopped--how much, who knows....

who knows, maybe kettle will be the one to run off to ferrari......not sure why, as they seem destined to be the new honda/toyota team, with lots of money, lots of workers of one nationality and not lots of wins.... :rotflmao:

Daniel
6th June 2010, 11:48
who knows, maybe kettle will be the one to run off to ferrari......not sure why, as they seem destined to be the new honda/toyota team, with lots of money, lots of workers of one nationality and not lots of wins.... :rotflmao:

I can't help but think that you're right...

markabilly
6th June 2010, 11:49
go to cp, look for the ignore button, click it, grab a can of red chopper bull, drink heavily, and you will be okay

you are a great fan, no matter how blinded over webber, and i do not want you sufferring....l

Pino did that to me a long time ago...good thing or i would be like a tamb yo-yo/boomerang. :D

Daniel
6th June 2010, 12:50
go to cp, look for the ignore button, click it, grab a can of red chopper bull, drink heavily, and you will be okay

you are a great fan, no matter how blinded over webber, and i do not want you sufferring....l

Pino did that to me a long time ago...good thing or i would be like a tamb yo-yo/boomerang. :D
Someone needs to photoshop Mark Webber's head in here :p

http://rickoshea.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/chopper-eric-bana1.jpg

Ent
6th June 2010, 14:30
The only chopping going on at the moment is mark-"the chopper"-abilly with his ability to chop blindly across any forum topic with his personal hatred of Webber. Though he does it to get a rise out of people, most people are well and truly over it and it has become at best tiresome. Could we get back to the topic. Personally I think Webber will stay at Red Bull for another season. I don't think either he or the team are interested in a contract any longer than that.

markabilly
6th June 2010, 15:20
http://rickoshea.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/chopper-eric-bana1.jpg

I did not know that Mr. Valve B had that many tattoos....... :eek:

Better apologize while I got fingers left....So I am sorry for calling chopper a chopper

RJL25
6th June 2010, 15:25
Hey Webber haters!

Who is leading the WDC?

Now get f*cked!

:D

markabilly
6th June 2010, 15:32
Now get f*cked!

:D
i try every day......

52Paddy
6th June 2010, 17:14

Heikki? Over Seb and Webber? Each to their own.

And is Seb worthy of a seat at Ferrari then?

i_max2k2
6th June 2010, 17:41
Well this is what I see happenin if Massa & Mark's contract are not renewed,

Kubica & Massa swapping places, Mark joining Renault, Kimi coming in at RBR, no other movements in the top 5, Sutil might come in the picture too if Kimi decides to keep Rallying, I would personally prefer him coming back, and Mark winning WDC, so we could have 6 WDC's on grid next year.

SGWilko
6th June 2010, 18:09
i try every day......

And I bet you can't work out why it is not 'happening' for you, can you?

Ari
7th June 2010, 02:20
Well this is what I see happenin if Massa & Mark's contract are not renewed,

Kubica & Massa swapping places, Mark joining Renault, Kimi coming in at RBR, no other movements in the top 5, Sutil might come in the picture too if Kimi decides to keep Rallying, I would personally prefer him coming back, and Mark winning WDC, so we could have 6 WDC's on grid next year.

RBR would be nuts to choose Kimi over Webber. Kimi has shown when things aren't going his way he's a bigger spoilt child than Vettel.

Kimi at RBR would be suicide for that team.

Koz
7th June 2010, 02:36
RBR would be nuts to choose Kimi over Webber. Kimi has shown when things aren't going his way he's a bigger spoilt child than Vettel.

Kimi at RBR would be suicide for that team.

Newey knows Kimi better than any at this forum. They have spent many years together and they still have unfinished business left. :)

Mia 01
7th June 2010, 09:29
Newey knows Kimi better than any at this forum. They have spent many years together and they still have unfinished business left. :)

Agreed!

And, perhaps Adrian isn´t one of Marks biggest fans thoose days.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 10:44
Just confirmed for 2011.

52Paddy
7th June 2010, 10:53
Just confirmed for 2011.

http://www.formula1.com/default.html

Great news :up:

Mia 01
7th June 2010, 11:47
http://www.formula1.com/default.html

Great news :up:

Oops, bugger. Lets hope he wins the WDC this year then.

I think its one of thoose desicions RBR had done this year, well.

I´m not sure Adrian was at the helm this time.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 11:49

What are you on about?

Valve Bounce
7th June 2010, 12:44

How about Vagn? where will he end up?

52Paddy
7th June 2010, 13:01

Big Ben
7th June 2010, 14:49
It means I'm so frustrated the cute Finn is not going to be in RBR team next year probably.

Retro Formula 1
7th June 2010, 15:03
It means I'm so frustrated the cute Finn is not going to be in RBR team next year probably.

How can anyone apart from Webber and Vettel be in Red Bull next year?

markabilly
7th June 2010, 15:27
How can anyone apart from Webber and Vettel be in Red Bull next year?
simple, anyone who is dead set on winning a wdc

If I were Webber, i would not be moving either...because right now, the smart money is Red Bull(Newey) and Mac for the best chance,
with Brawn a dark horse who might come around....the rest well.......

besides those are a big bunch of englishmen working on the RB cars, so if i were to put on my tin cap...Vettell is the one who needs to be worrying about things like Freddie worried when he was at Mac...like who been messing with my tire pressure??????

Stiil though despite my personal opinion as to whose fault it was....I also think it was so uncool the way the top brass was celebrating webber being passed and then their outburst of anger on the pitwall, and the later accusations....

only to change their mind when they realized that ole Webber might have some sales appeal and how their image might be sufferring...and that Seb, even in the absence of competition from Webber, might not have it in him to win a WDC.... :eek:

and kimi????

He seems to have gone like JV...who I thought (JV) would be the equal of or superior to MS early in his career, only to see him meanderin off to honda and wherever...last i heard he was trying to drive a truck racer against scott speed or whatever....and Kimi has clearly gone down that path now...

who knows, same could happen with Seb...

Retro Formula 1
7th June 2010, 15:54
simple, anyone who is dead set on winning a wdc

But both drivers have contracts with RB although as we have seen, contracts just mean money and not a F1 drive.

Roamy
7th June 2010, 16:09
Well I for one thought webber would be outta there. Shows you what I know :)

SGWilko
7th June 2010, 16:13
besides those are a big bunch of englishmen working on the RB cars, so if i were to put on my tin cap...Vettell is the one who needs to be worrying about things like Freddie worried when he was at Mac...like who been messing with my tire pressure??????...

I would put forward that Onslo's tyre pressures are still to cock, given all his mistakes of late. SO that is not a unique excuse he rolled out solely for the McLaren teams' benefit.

As it goes, I reckon Webber's title hopes will be shattered by mysterious engine reliability woes, as now he has a new contract......

Valve Bounce
8th June 2010, 03:09
I would put forward that Onslo's tyre pressures are still to cock, given all his mistakes of late. SO that is not a unique excuse he rolled out solely for the McLaren teams' benefit.

As it goes, I reckon Webber's title hopes will be shattered by mysterious engine reliability woes, as now he has a new contract......

Or slight differences in tyre pressures that affect handling. The handling won't be serious enough to prevent him from coming in behind Fettel.

i_max2k2
8th June 2010, 05:46
Good for Webber, but I think this contract signing seems more to be like damage control by RBR than anything else, if it would have been announced that he is going to a different team next year, it wouldn't have fared very well with RBR fans.

Valve Bounce
8th June 2010, 06:10
Maybe Mark agreed to give Fettel an easy pass next time. :p :

Ari
8th June 2010, 06:38
Good for Webber, but I think this contract signing seems more to be like damage control by RBR than anything else, if it would have been announced that he is going to a different team next year, it wouldn't have fared very well with RBR fans.
I don't think the team honestly saw that he had any fans.

I think he was seen as an old Aussie who was only loved by a few farmer Aussies themselves. When all of this happened and the forums and indeed Red Bull web site and community went up in arms I think the team were a little shocked.

The issue in Turkey was the best thing to happen to Webber. His biggest WDC rival received 0 points and the fans came out in massive support for him, which Red Bull previously probably didn't think existed. A week later and he has a new contract.

The question here.... would he have a contract right now if not for the accident? I doubt it! Huge win for Webber!

Roamy
8th June 2010, 07:00
Maybe Mark agreed to give Fettel an easy pass next time. :p :

mark wouldn't let his mother pass if she could get up there

F1boat
8th June 2010, 07:22
I hope that Mark will be allowed to fight for the championship now.

Dave B
8th June 2010, 09:58

When all of this happened and the forums and indeed Red Bull web site and community went up in arms I think the team were a little shocked.

The question here.... would he have a contract right now if not for the accident? I doubt it! Huge win for Webber!
Hmm. Multi-million dollar race team focussed on results. Do you think they'd honestly be that sensitive to fans' reactions as to make a kneee-jerk decision to re-sign a driver based purely on one incident? Maybe the crash influenced the timing of the decision, but certainly not the decision itself.

Hondo
8th June 2010, 15:16
I think the huge amount of public support for Webber suprised Red Bull and Webber both. I also think public opinion on the incident shattered Vettel to some extent because up to now most of his mistakes have been dismissed as common errors made by rookies or inexperienced drivers. He now finds himself held to a different standard.

It wouldn't come as a shock to me if the unwritten part of Mark's new contract includes 100% of team backing for his run at the WDC this year in return for tailgunning for Vettel next year unless by midseason Webber is signifigantly ahead of Vettel on points due to DNFs or mechanical performance problems.

I'm glad he got a contract he liked.

Ari
9th June 2010, 04:26
Hmm. Multi-million dollar race team focussed on results. Do you think they'd honestly be that sensitive to fans' reactions as to make a kneee-jerk decision to re-sign a driver based purely on one incident? Maybe the crash influenced the timing of the decision, but certainly not the decision itself.

Is what I meant by 'RIGHT NOW'. I am preety sure that they wanted to keep Webber but I think the timing was influenced by the current issues and his recent found pace.

Otherwise, they could have strung him out a little to save some money and told him all about Kimi wanting to come back.

As it were..... Ferrari, and apparently another team, have shown interest so they've come out and jumped on him now.

Mia 01
9th June 2010, 07:40
As it seems, Marko now will learn Mark how to let your teammate pass with ease. Must be in the contract.

52Paddy
9th June 2010, 08:20
As it seems, Marko now will learn Mark how to let your teammate pass with ease. Must be in the contract.

Man, you come out with some ridiculous statements.

christophulus
9th June 2010, 09:38
The article said he was "in a position" to sign in Spain, so it could've all been signed and sealed before Turkey, and they've only just announced it?

Maybe that's why he didn't feel like yielding to Vettel, if he'd already got a contract in the bag.

Valve Bounce
9th June 2010, 11:32
This link provides a very interesting read and shows how Horner, Marko and Newey were all against Webber while Fettel didn;t even have the decency and/or courage to attend the post race debrief. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2010/06/new_evidence_for_hamiltons_dis.html
"The more that comes out about the Webber-Vettel collision, the more it appears that Red Bull were trying to engineer a win for the German.

There is Horner's order to Pilbeam. I understand this was not passed on because Pilbeam was preoccupied with something else at the time.

Then there is adviser Helmut Marko's insistence after the race that Webber was at fault, when the vast majority of observers pinned most of the blame on Vettel for turning right into Webber when he was still alongside, if nosing ahead.

It also transpires that in the post-race debrief - which Vettel did not attend because he had left the track - Horner, Marko and chief technical officer Adrian Newey "laid into" Webber and Pilbeam. And strong words were said in the other direction, too."

Personally I do not see a rosy future for Mark at Red Bull. I would have very much preferred to see him racing at Ferrari.