PDA

View Full Version : Hispania cuts ties with Dallara

Jag_Warrior
26th May 2010, 19:40
Wonder what Dallara gave them, a jazzed up GP2 chassis or something close to it?

By The Associated Press (CP) – 5 hours ago
MURCIA, Spain — Formula One team Hispania ended its collaboration with chassis designer Dallara on Wednesday, just six races into a 2010 season in which it had fallen off the pace even of fellow F1 newcomers.
Hispania said that it will further develop the chassis itself for the remainder of the season, with a new technical partner expected to help design and build the 2011 car.
The brief relationship between Hispania and Dallara had been a difficult one.

F1 team Hispania cuts ties with chassis supplier, will develop car itself (http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j6w-JqCGZhBRAdYD-F4uX_jMu9Kw)

gloomyDAY
26th May 2010, 19:56
Finally! Dallara proved once again that their craftsmanship isn't up to F1 standards.

ioan
26th May 2010, 21:43
Wonder what Dallara gave them, a jazzed up GP2 chassis or something close to it?

More like a jazzed down one! :D

RS
28th May 2010, 16:26
The HRT cars weren't too far off the pace of the Lotus and Virgin in the second practice in Istanbul. It would be good to see what it could do if Klien was able to drive it for more than one session.

I believe Martin Brundle reported in Monaco though that the Dallara F1 car was actually slower round that track than their GP2 one!

UltimateDanGTR
28th May 2010, 21:29
The HRT cars weren't too far off the pace of the Lotus and Virgin in the second practice in Istanbul. It would be good to see what it could do if Klien was able to drive it for more than one session.

I believe Martin Brundle reported in Monaco though that the Dallara F1 car was actually slower round that track than their GP2 one!

compared practice times was evidence of this.

If F1 cars had bigger engines like the old days, that wouldnt be the case.

tf109b
29th May 2010, 01:18
did anyone else hear about HRT trying to get a hold of Toyota's abandoned car for the rest of the year? And eyeing a move to their cologne factory as well? I like toyota so I wonder how they could help out HRT, it's about time, if it's true, that someone get on with Toyota's TF110, it's seriously a much better can than any of the new teams, just by the looks of it you know that to be so.

jens
29th May 2010, 17:17
I thought they can't change chassis mid-season? And I understood the TF110 part as being a basis for the development of the 2011 car.