PDA

View Full Version : Check out my F1 driver points table and progression chart

tacksharp
18th May 2010, 09:01
I know there are a lot of F1 statistics sites that have this kind of info, but I thought that the data could be presented in a more information-rich way, so I whipped up my own page (link below), which has the following features:

F1 Driver Table

1. View the results by finishing position or by points earned.
2. Analyze the season as if it were running under the two previous points structures (which provided the greatest and least value to a race win).
3. At a glance, see the podium finishes for each driver.
4. Click on a race column header to sort the table by the finishing order of that race.

F1 Driver Progression Chart

1. The most useful information is to quickly see who led the championship after each round.
2. View trends, such as:
(a) The top 8 drivers are quickly separating themselves from the pack, and it's Kubica, not Schumacher in that group.
(b) Red Bull is finally living up to its potential, and their drivers have rocketed to the top of the standings.

Notes

1. Now is a good time to examine how drastically different the championship would look under the different points structures. Right now Webber is tied for first, but under the 2003-2009 system (which provides the least value for a win), Webber would be in 3rd place! Under the 1991-2002 system (which provided the most value for a win), Webber would have the clear lead in the championship.

2. The table functionality is not perfect, I have to see if I can limit the table sorting to one direction, because sometimes you have to click twice to sort a column in the right direction.

Here's the page:

http://f1.dg42.net/

Let me know what you think.

Valve Bounce
18th May 2010, 14:08
I think you'd better get back to your home work right now!!

woody2goody
18th May 2010, 16:27
Good stuff :)

Shifter
18th May 2010, 17:13
This is great! Thanks, this will get bookmarked and followed all season.

maximilian
18th May 2010, 17:20
Nice project, thanks for sharing! :)

e2mtt
19th May 2010, 03:09
Thank you, very nice. Blows my spreadsheets out of the water.

race_director
19th May 2010, 04:28
nice one bro

gloomyDAY
19th May 2010, 05:46
Sweet.

F1boat
20th May 2010, 12:41
Wow, great page!!!

slorydn1
20th May 2010, 23:00
That's awesome :up: