PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race

Valve Bounce
16th May 2010, 15:04
Mark Webber
Mark wins at Monaco, Mark leads the Championship, and The Bombers beat the Saints by 2 goals.
Special mention for Fernando.

It doesn't get much better. :)

ioan
16th May 2010, 15:07
I usually do not decide this based on wining the race or not, but this time it is Webber.
If it wasn't for the 4 SC sessions he would have won it by a mile.

raybak
16th May 2010, 15:08
Mark Webber
Mark wins at Monaco, Mark leads the Championship, and The Bombers beat the Saints by 2 goals.

Yep spot on. Go Webber, go the Bombers :)

Ray

ShiftingGears
16th May 2010, 15:10
Webber absolutely dominated. Even in clear air Vettel had no response.

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2010, 15:13
Webber.

If it wasnt for the 4 safety cars, webber would've won, collected the trophy and gone home before vettel crossed the line in second.

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:14
Mark Webber

gm99
16th May 2010, 15:20
Webber, no contest there...

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 15:21
Mark Webber also.

I think if Schumachers move wasn't in contradiction to the strange rule apparantly in force to stop overtaking after a SC on the last lap, then I also mention him for a great piece of oppotunism.

markabilly
16th May 2010, 15:27
webber, fred, schuie

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 15:38
Mark and almost Alonso (had it not been for him doing a Trulli at the last corner)

Koz
16th May 2010, 15:42
Webber and Alonso

Ent
16th May 2010, 16:02
Webber for the second week in a row, with an honourable mention to whoever it was in Ferrari who decided to call Alonso in to the pits at the end of lap 1.

ioan
16th May 2010, 16:13
Maybe some could explain how is that Alonso is being touted for driver of the race after overtaking a handful of cars that were 5-6 seconds a lap slower than him, with Trulli even inviting him by?!

What did we see from Alonso that would justify mentioning him in the same sentence with Mark Webber for todays race?

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 16:19
Maybe some could explain how is that Alonso is being touted for driver of the race after overtaking a handful of cars that were 5-6 seconds a lap slower than him, with Trulli even inviting him by?!

What did we see from Alonso that would justify mentioning him in the same sentence with Mark Webber for todays race?

Not quite sure either. As you say he passed 4 cars that are off the pace and only an obvious team call to pit him early got him up the field. Alonso didn't really do much else in the race, nowhere near Webber today.

i_max2k2
16th May 2010, 16:30
Mark, and Schumi for the brilliant last corner overtake.

Dave B
16th May 2010, 16:33
Webber, easily, two weeks in a row, with a bonus point for his backflip into the Red Bull swimming pool.

An honourable mention for Schumacher for seemingly having his mojo working again - and that last-gasp pass on Alonso.

Mark
16th May 2010, 17:04
Special mention for Schumacher who typically understood the rules and used them!

Ent
16th May 2010, 18:19

That's why I gave it to whoever it was in the team who made the early pit-stop decision rather than Alonso himself. He got to where he got because of the tactical call, not because of any brilliant driving.

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 18:24
Damon Hill :p

Saint Devote
16th May 2010, 19:03
Mark Webber.

Dzeidzei
16th May 2010, 19:04

Have to agree with Ioan. Alonso was never even close to overtake anyone driving a real f1 car. The rise was simply due to good tactics and a lot of luck.

On the contrary, I found it funny seeing Alonso wave his fist to DiGrassi (or Glock) when they were fighting for the same position :)

keysersoze
16th May 2010, 19:04
Webb-uh. Then Kubica.

23rd to 6th at Monaco gets Alonso an honorable mention.

Rubens, for his move at St. Devote, and for running 6th early on.

Di Grassi for racing Alonso hard (and Trulli gets a donkey for NOT racing Alonso).

ioan
16th May 2010, 19:18
On the contrary, I found it funny seeing Alonso wave his fist to DiGrassi (or Glock) when they were fighting for the same position :)

Same here, just goes to show that he can't race in equal situation. I wish I saw his face when MS overtook him at the end. :D

Rodster
16th May 2010, 19:20
1) Webber was stellar
2) Kubica
3) Alonso from last to 6th...errrr 7th...errrr back to 6th.

DexDexter
16th May 2010, 19:32
Driver of the race for me was definitely Michael Schumacher. He was the only driver to pass a quick car on the race track plus he showed how bad and contradictory the rules (by FIA) are. :D

Robinho
16th May 2010, 19:57
Has to be Webber again, perfect race which he won 3 or 4 times seeing as he lost his advantage so many times when the safety car appeared. Faultless, 2 weekends in a row.

good race from Kubica in a car that is not equal to Red Bull

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 20:01
Dex the problem would appear to be the rule is too clear: SC on last lap = no overtaking :p

jens
16th May 2010, 20:03
Mark Webber was really fantastic. Vettel should really analyze the situation critically, how to turn the tables around as he has had no answer to Mark in the last two weekends. This time I couldn't find any other answer to the question either. :p : Maybe Kubica could have challenged Webber more than Vettel, but looks like his race was compromised by following Seb from start to finish.

ioan
16th May 2010, 20:56
Mark Webber for me... :)

Yep.

I think Alonso should get a mention for a brilliant recovery drive also.

Nope. Other than taking 3 laps to overtake Di Grassi, who was the only one out of the new team drivers that put up a fight (forget about Trulli chickening out), he did sleep right till the end when MS woke him up in Noges.
If anything it was a lackluster drive not worth of a points finish.

Sonic
16th May 2010, 21:12
It would have been Kube for extracting the max from an unwilling car, but the botched start gives it to Webs.

F1boat
16th May 2010, 21:36
MW, again.

rohanweb
16th May 2010, 21:58
has to be Mark Webber.. his much younger teammate seems with bloodynoses thesedays isnt he? Webber has come to real age and he is not the one who used to make lots of mistakes during the race..so congratulations to Mark webber (& christian hohner) redbulls are ever improving..

i couldnt stop laughing when some of you here writing Alonso was driver of the day, how could he? he had the car to put it on to the front row in quali but he made a 'human error' by not looking down the road properly and missed out a podium for ferrari & i dont think Dominicali is happy about that...

also pointing out when Lewis's car front left puncture caused by a wheelnut put him away from the spanishgp race all those 100K odd spanish went cheering..what would they makeup about thier man Alonso's love for the barriers on saturday.. disgusting !!!

Big Ben
16th May 2010, 22:14
Have to agree with Ioan. Alonso was never even close to overtake anyone driving a real f1 car. The rise was simply due to good tactics and a lot of luck.

How about Santander? those *******s...

ioan
16th May 2010, 22:37
How about Santander? those *******s...

Who cares about them?

Mia 01
16th May 2010, 23:00
Mark Webber. You didi it!!

And, both drivers of Force India.

Donkey: Alonso, shall everyone move over for you when fighting for positions? Utter arrogans. MR Perfect is cracking.

Triumph
17th May 2010, 00:01
Mark Webber, obviously.

Also Michael Schumacher for his clever manoeuvre at the end.

Ari
17th May 2010, 03:06
Mark Webber

Yep spot on. Go Webber, go the Bombers :)

Ray

Go Bombers! Go Webber! What a day!

Webber for driver of the race..... Alonso just behind. What a drive from them both! In a class of their own.

havk
17th May 2010, 11:26
Mark Webber

special mention to Kubica - really good performance all the weekend.

DexDexter
17th May 2010, 12:32
Dex the problem would appear to be the rule is too clear: SC on last lap = no overtaking :p

I didn't see a safety car when Webbert took the flag. Where was it? Ok, there's another thread for it.

wedge
17th May 2010, 13:47
Kubica

bluegem280
20th May 2010, 05:08
Webber, and Alonso. He did overtake everyone at a track the character of which we knew that overtaking is almost impossible, he might be able to overtake more drivers in front of him, if only his tires still had enough grip that enable him to do so..
Regardless he gained back the position by the rules, he shouldn't let Schumi took it right before finishing the race. The grip might have been used up altogether, but what was written between the lines, slow drivers/cars can learn from the incident, when they know car with more power behind, they shouldn't be over defensive..