PDA

View Full Version : Massa to get penalty for blocking or

markabilly
15th May 2010, 17:30
not?

Perhaps not. After all, he only held up a mac.....

ioan
15th May 2010, 18:19
If he had someone in front of him and he had to slow down on his own fast lap then it can hardly be called blocking, unless he has the ability to suddenly disappear.

F1boat
15th May 2010, 19:28
I heard that Nico blocked Michael, if true, awful!

Rodster
15th May 2010, 19:40
If he had someone in front of him and he had to slow down on his own fast lap then it can hardly be called blocking, unless he has the ability to suddenly disappear.

That's exactly what he said when asked after qualy. I believe him and it's not in Massa's character to do that.

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2010, 07:55
to be fair no one was intentionally blocking, they were each just trying to make room for themselves and unfortunatly that disadvantaged Button and schumacher in seperate instances, but thats monaco for you.

Retro Formula 1
17th May 2010, 18:10
Massa was not on a qualifying lap.
Massa slowed to make room for himself on track.
Massa caused another driver to slow and compromise a fast lap.

After some drivers carrying on like Schoolgirls about the slower drivers, a top driver in Q3 does it.

I've no axe to grind against Massa but this looked such a clear case as to be a no brainer.

And there was me thinking the FIA were getting better but with the Schumacher fiasco and then this open and shut block, it descends into farce again.

AndyL
17th May 2010, 18:34
Massa was not on a qualifying lap.
Massa slowed to make room for himself on track.
Massa caused another driver to slow and compromise a fast lap.

After some drivers carrying on like Schoolgirls about the slower drivers, a top driver in Q3 does it.

I've no axe to grind against Massa but this looked such a clear case as to be a no brainer.

Have to say I agree, it did look pretty clear cut. Certainly not deliberate or malicious in any way, but exactly the sort of thing that drivers have been penalised for in recent years.