PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Weekend

donKey jote
15th May 2010, 12:16
Alonso :dozey:

Rodster
15th May 2010, 12:35
Couldn't have happened to a more arrogant piece of you know what. Made my weekend. Now i'm hoping for a Massa podium maybe a win just to pour more salt on that open wound.

ShiftingGears
15th May 2010, 12:36
His world championship bid really can't afford errors like that - especially if the mechanics can't fix it in time for qualifying.

Rodster
15th May 2010, 12:42
His world championship bid really can't afford errors like that - especially if the mechanics can't fix it in time for qualifying.

They can't so he starts from the pitlane. Good job Fred !

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83617

markabilly
15th May 2010, 14:15
So now, does the Kube replace Fred?

sort of sad if you ask me, but maybe Massa will break on through to the other side

UltimateDanGTR
15th May 2010, 14:22
well, I can imagine Fernando's race being fun tomorrow.

surprising that Alonso would make such a mistake but hey, that's monaco.

Big Ben
15th May 2010, 14:35
Couldn't have happened to a more arrogant piece of you know what. Made my weekend. Now i'm hoping for a Massa podium maybe a win just to pour more salt on that open wound.

Iīm sure he wept in the bathroom for half an hour.

ShiftingGears
15th May 2010, 14:38

LdM probably threw a TV out of a window as well.

Tazio
15th May 2010, 15:22
It's still a little early in the weekend. Something more absurdly stupid could still happen. Although it will probably be in desperation by Fred :p
On a slightly different note, my sig says Fred finnishes in the points or is at least within 16 points of the current leader in the contest for the WDC at the conclusion of the race.
Any takers :s mokin:

gloomyDAY
15th May 2010, 15:24
I actually think this is a good thing for Alonso.

If the rain comes down tomorrow, and Ferrari can capitalize on the change of track conditions, I can see Alonso taking a shot at the win. The weather stays dry, then he's fuxxored.

Let's wait until tomorrow to name any donkeys.

Tazio
15th May 2010, 15:30

If the rain comes down tomorrow, and Ferrari can capitalize on the change of track conditions, I can see Alonso taking a shot at the win. The weather stays dry, then he's fuxxored.

Let's wait until tomorrow to name any donkeys.Ain't no rain in the cards tomorrow! But a timely safty car could rescue his race

ioan
15th May 2010, 15:51

Let's not exaggerate, he only did so for 10 minutes.

gloomyDAY
15th May 2010, 15:53
Ain't no rain in the cards tomorrow! But a timely safty car could rescue his raceI still aint takin your bet.

No sir!

fandango
15th May 2010, 16:19
Indeed. A diamond-studded prancing donkey is what Alonso is today (I still don't get why people call him Fred). However, I was surprised he sat through qualifying in public view. A lot of people hide when they do something that dumb - or maybe that was the punishment from the team.

markabilly
15th May 2010, 16:33
It's still a little early in the weekend. Something more absurdly stupid could still happen. Although it will probably be in desperation by Fred :p
On a slightly different note, my sig says Fred finnishes in the points or is at least within 16 points of the current leader in the contest for the WDC at the conclusion of the race.
Any takers :s mokin:
I would but I don't want your sig........like mine better

SGWilko
15th May 2010, 16:33
Indeed. A diamond-studded prancing donkey is what Alonso is today (I still don't get why people call him Fred). However, I was surprised he sat through qualifying in public view. A lot of people hide when they do something that dumb - or maybe that was the punishment from the team.

He was waiting for the ice cream man to turn up........

SGWilko
15th May 2010, 16:35

Let's wait until tomorrow to name any donkeys.

The win, man, that's a good one.

gloomyDAY
15th May 2010, 16:37
The win, man, that's a good one.Optimist. :D

keysersoze
15th May 2010, 19:04
Handing out donkeys before the green flag drops? That move deserves a donkey. No one has any points from this race yet--not pole-sitter Webber, not the championship leader.

jens
15th May 2010, 20:32
Alonso has been a bit error-prone in the beginning of this season. We had a similar case in early 2008. Probably indicates that Alonso is not quite such a "perfect" driver, who never makes mistakes, that has at times been made out. But anyway, this is Massa's big chance of capitalizing and keeping his chances in the intra-team battle alive.

airshifter
16th May 2010, 00:08
Simply impossible for Alonso to hit the wall.... just ask Saint Devote! The greats all stay off the wall at Monaco, but based on that now Alonso and Button are eliminated as "greats".

Terrible thing to happen, but let's wait and see if he can salvage the race. Schumy has finished in the points starting from the back, so there is a chance Alonso can do it. I just know that I would hate to see him in my mirrors on track tomorrow.... I expect that he will be on a mission to redeem his mistake.

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 00:19
Alonso has looked fast at times this year, but is just not making it work.
I really thought he would re take the advantage this weekend, but it now looks bleak. However you never no in Monaco.

ShiftingGears
16th May 2010, 00:25
Terrible thing to happen, but let's wait and see if he can salvage the race. Schumy has finished in the points starting from the back, so there is a chance Alonso can do it. I just know that I would hate to see him in my mirrors on track tomorrow.... I expect that he will be on a mission to redeem his mistake.

However when Schumacher did it he was in what was probably the second fastest if not the fastest car that weekend, and there was pitstop strategy to leapfrog many cars.

airshifter
16th May 2010, 00:41
However when Schumacher did it he was in what was probably the second fastest if not the fastest car that weekend, and there was pitstop strategy to leapfrog many cars.

True enough, but I suspect Alonso will take some risks getting through the back markers during the race. After all at this point he really has little to lose. I would imagine it might be smart for him to start on the harder tires as well, saving the faster tires for the drivers farther up in the pack.

I do think the Ferrari Schumacher drove was probably stronger in comparison to the field, but not by much IMHO.

Rodster
16th May 2010, 01:13
True enough, but I suspect Alonso will take some risks getting through the back markers during the race. After all at this point he really has little to lose. I would imagine it might be smart for him to start on the harder tires as well, saving the faster tires for the drivers farther up in the pack.

I do think the Ferrari Schumacher drove was probably stronger in comparison to the field, but not by much IMHO.

After seeing him run Hamilton wide at Spa and almost took out Felipe. If i'm a driver looking to score points in the race. I would not want to see that SOB in my rear view mirrors. There's no telling what he's willing to do to get up front.

airshifter
16th May 2010, 01:18
After seeing him run Hamilton wide at Spa and almost took out Felipe. If i'm a driver looking to score points in the race. I would not want to see that SOB in my rear view mirrors. There's no telling what he's willing to do to get up front.

Agreed.

I mentioned in another thread that seeing Alonso in my mirrors would not be something any of the racers at Monaco would want. Which really could work to his advantage.

ioan
16th May 2010, 01:30
Agreed.

I mentioned in another thread that seeing Alonso in my mirrors would not be something any of the racers at Monaco would want. Which really could work to his advantage.

As long as they keep to the racing line there is little he can do without risking and losing everything.
The 6 newcomers will be an easy prey given the bad machinery they have, but then even the Saubers can hold him behind them.
It should be an interesting race.

Rodster
16th May 2010, 01:40
As long as they keep to the racing line there is little he can do without risking and losing everything.
The 6 newcomers will be an easy prey given the bad machinery they have, but then even the Saubers can hold him behind them.
It should be an interesting race.

Don't forget the official FIA blue flag should be in full action tomorrow especially after Luca Di Montezemolo places a call to Jean Todt.

Ranger
16th May 2010, 02:11

Schumacher did excellently but he was helped by the misfortunes of 7 others, all of whom were in front of him at the time.

Webber blew up
Raikkonen blew up
Rosberg crashed
Klien blew up
Trulli blew up
Villeneuve got a drive-through

Alonso will need similar amounts of misfortune to bestow others for a similar result today.

CNR
16th May 2010, 03:33
Don't forget the official FIA blue flag should be in full action tomorrow especially after Luca Di Montezemolo places a call to Jean Todt.

blue flags will not help alonso as he will be racing for position not to lap them

Tazio
16th May 2010, 03:50
(I still don't get why people call him Fred).

http://www.setanta.com/Global/Images/sport/motorsports/Renault/AlonsoFernandoConfused.jpg

http://steviethek.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/fred_flintstone.gif

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 09:52
Maybe Alonso can muscle past the 6 newcomers eventually, but if the Lotus can lap at 3 seconds only off the pace that may still be a bit tricky.

Although I feel most of the back 6 will no fight that hard and if Fernando gets a run at them they will probably yield. As defending a car that much faster for to long will either lose you even more time to the cars around, or you will make a mistake and hit the wall. They may be better advised to let him go. But I suppose that goes against a drivers instinct.

Although since some of the barriers have been removed it is slightly easier to pass these slower cars.
The real problem will be once he has reached the Saubers and Toro Rosso's.

Mia 01
16th May 2010, 10:16
Simply impossible for Alonso to hit the wall.... just ask Saint Devote! The greats all stay off the wall at Monaco, but based on that now Alonso and Button are eliminated as "greats".

So are Lewis then.

Garry Walker
16th May 2010, 12:31
Alonso has been a bit error-prone in the beginning of this season. We had a similar case in early 2008. Probably indicates that Alonso is not quite such a "perfect" driver, who never makes mistakes, that has at times been made out. But anyway, this is Massa's big chance of capitalizing and keeping his chances in the intra-team battle alive.

Alonso has made loads of errors this season. He effed up the qualifying at Bahrain, he crashed into Schumacher at Melbourne, he made the wrong call at Malaysia, false start at China and now this.

As I like Alonso as much as I would love to have a 4 week case of bad diahorrea, I am finding this very enjoyable.

markabilly
16th May 2010, 12:58
http://www.setanta.com/Global/Images/sport/motorsports/Renault/AlonsoFernandoConfused.jpg

http://steviethek.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/fred_flintstone.gif
so fred looks like fred
amazing

ioan
16th May 2010, 14:06
Schumacher did excellently but he was helped by the misfortunes of 7 others, all of whom were in front of him at the time.

Webber blew up
Raikkonen blew up
Rosberg crashed
Klien blew up
Trulli blew up
Villeneuve got a drive-through

Alonso will need similar amounts of misfortune to bestow others for a similar result today.

Alonso got a SC at the best possible moment today.
Schumacher got it at the very worst moment in 2006.

ioan
16th May 2010, 14:56
We've got a bigger donkey now, his name is Trulli.
Chandhok must thank all gods for not loosing his head there.

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:15
Barrachello was the donkey for throwing his stering wheel onto the track, it got run over! :rotflmao:

Big Ben
16th May 2010, 15:17
donkey jote

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 15:18
Barrachello was the donkey for throwing his stering wheel onto the track, it got run over! :rotflmao:

That was quite stupid, not really a thing to do in a race. :mad:

foxystoat
16th May 2010, 15:19
Alonso the donkey again for getting overtaken by Schumacher at the end.

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2010, 15:21
Donkey on the sunday:

trulli: cocked it up at the end with the hispania.
Button's pit crew: left a piece of equipment in the car, not good.
both williamses: crashed out, caused safety cars and rubens threw his steering wheel right into the wrong place.

Rodster
16th May 2010, 15:27
Alonso the donkey again for getting overtaken by Schumacher at the end.

I'm no Alonso fan but I can't see how you can make him a donkey when he was running on badly worn tyres? To start from the pitlane and finish 7th is a great race for any driver.

My vote for donkey goes to Chandhok for turning in on Trulli. Luckily for him he suffered no injuries as Trulli's car sailed over his head.

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:28
That was quite stupid, not really a thing to do in a race. :mad:

But it was good for entertainment value. :)

markabilly
16th May 2010, 15:31
the mechanic who left the cooler in the duct of button's car.

who ever was running all those commercial interuptions on Speed Channel

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:33
the mechanic who left the cooler in the duct of button's car.

That machanic was also a DONKEY!

ST205GT4
Alonso is the donkey of the weekend.

Guy puts it into the barriers in practice meaning he misses quali and then gets upset with "backmarkers" that have the temerity to race him for position.

Laughed my box off when Schumi stuck it up him on the final corner.

foxystoat
I'm no Alonso fan but I can't see how you can make him a donkey when he was running on badly worn tyres? To start from the pitlane and finish 7th is a great race for any driver.

My vote for donkey goes to Chandhok for turning in on Trulli. Luckily for him he suffered no injuries as Trulli's car sailed over his head.

Donkey because he surrendered a place at the end by falling asleep. He only started from the back because he was a donkey on the saturday aswell. The only cars he took on track were the back 3 teams so it wasn't a monumental overtaking performance to get to where he was but down to strategy.
Also not sure how you blame Chandhok for the accident at the end Trulli came from nowhere & drove over his head !

Koz
16th May 2010, 15:38
Hamilton for being a little crying b*tch.

What the hell?

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:39
Hamilton for being a little crying b*tch.

What did he do wrong? :confused:

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 15:40
donkey jote
I wasnīt even at Monaco :dozey:

Koz
16th May 2010, 15:41
What did he do wrong? :confused:

He was an amateur assclown who like to be a little melodramatic pussy, who can't play with the big boys.
Does he think he is 12 or what?

yodasarmpit
16th May 2010, 15:42
Can't disagree with this^

Complete arse for throwing the steering wheel onto the track.

markabilly
16th May 2010, 15:42
don't matter you earned it anyway, and you can not even notice how to spell your name

it is spelled donKey

:D

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:43

This (donkey) was not at Monaco but it is well funny. :rotflmao:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129194& (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129194&highlight=mark+webber)

markabilly
16th May 2010, 15:45
He was an amateur assclown who like to be a little melodramatic pussy, who can't play with the big boys.
he made a bunch of commentsin response to a radio call telling him to go light on the front breaks, but i could not actually hear them, except he said the word "hell" I think????. but the speed boys made a big deal about it, whatever they were

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:48
Can't disagree with this^

Complete arse for throwing the steering wheel onto the track.

Seriousley, it was good entertainment value! :rotflmao:

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 15:49
bah, too many donkeys here, Iīll go and sulk with oz :dozey:

Koz
16th May 2010, 15:50
he made a bunch of commentsin response to a radio call telling him to go light on the front breaks, but i could not actually hear them, except he said the word "hell" I think????. but the speed boys made a big deal about it, whatever they were

"What the hell of a car are you giving me? Am I supposed to race these guys or what" - something along those lines.

i_max2k2
16th May 2010, 15:53
"What the hell of a car are you giving me? Am I supposed to race these guys or what" - something along those lines.

Exactly, I think along the lines "What the hell? Am I supposed to race with the guys in front or look after my car?"

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:55
He should do both, because crashing would be neither of them...

Ent
16th May 2010, 15:55
Has to go to the mechanic that left whatever it was in Button's air ducts. When your driver is leading the world championship, you don't make sure his engine dies in the first few laps with a stuff-up like that...

steveaki13
16th May 2010, 15:56
Seriousley, it was good entertainment value! :rotflmao:

Not if the Hispania that hit the wheel then was damaged or had a problem and smashed into the wall.

Langdale Forest
16th May 2010, 15:57
Has to go to the mechanic that left whatever it was in Button's air ducts. When your driver is leading the world championship, you don't make sure his engine dies in the first few laps with a stuff-up like that...

I think that would be the http://blogs.saschina.org/oliver01pd2016/files/2009/12/epicfail-thumb-268x358-1167121.jpg of the race awards...

Not if the Hispania that hit the wheel then was damaged or had a problem and smashed into the wall.

no, not really.... :eek:

Dave B
16th May 2010, 16:37
You know Godwin's Law, the one that states that online conversations increasingly have a chance of mentioning Hitler or the Nazis, and at that point the person mentioning them automatically loses the argument?

Well can we extend that to the use of the phrase "epic fail"? It's so 2008, and should automatically result in the poster exiting the thread :p

markabilly
16th May 2010, 17:10
i think the clear winner for donKey is, as many times in the past, for pulling the stunt at the end.....with its unclear rules and then turning on the green....the FIA

And for sure mr. Schuie and Mr brawn thanks you, one and all

Tazio
16th May 2010, 17:18
i think the clear winner for donKey is, as many times in the past, for pulling the stunt at the end.....with its unclear rules and then turning on the green....the FIA

And for sure mr. Schuie and Mr brawn thanks you, one and all

I'm waiting for Bernie to say how wonderfull this is because it brings more desperately needed excitement to the sport!

markabilly
16th May 2010, 17:43
I'm waiting for Bernie to say how wonderfull this is because it brings more desperately needed excitement to the sport!
unfortunatly you may be right--this was about the most exciting thing that was not a crash

On Speed repeats,
the only thing i wonder is the 2 quick repeats on speed, where it looked like alonso got heavy on the gas even before schuie started to hit the gas, and was losing traction. Would be interesting to see if Alonso thought the same thing about "race on" and just blew it with wheel spin (perhaps due to cold and worn out rear tires)

Tazio
16th May 2010, 17:54
unfortunatly you may be right--this was about the most exciting thing that was not a crash

On Speed repeats,
the only thing i wonder is the 2 quick repeats on speed, where it looked like alonso got heavy on the gas even before schuie started to hit the gas, and was losing traction. Would be interesting to see if Alonso thought the same thing about "race on" and just blew it with wheel spin (perhaps due to cold and worn out rear tires)No he was having traction problems with only 70 laps on the hard stones. On lap 72 of that stint, it looked like he was completely caught offgaurd and was already suffering the yaw that was exaserbated when he hit the throtle on lap 72 of the stint. But lets not apply logic to this contravention of the rules.

markabilly
16th May 2010, 17:57
No he was having traction problems with only 70 laps on the hard stones.on lap 72 of that stint It looked like he was completely caught offgaurd and was alredy suffering the yaw that was exaserbated when he hit the throtle. But lets not apply logic to this contravention of the rules.
i think the only contravention of the rules were the actions of the fia with thier own rules.

if ms loses the spot, it is due to the FIA.
If fred loses, it is due to the FIA.

ioan
16th May 2010, 17:59
So the title goes to Ferrari for being a bunch of sore losers and to the FIA.

From now on when you see a green light you better call your lawyer and only then step on the gas.

ioan
16th May 2010, 18:00
If fred loses, it is due to the FIA.

It's due to the team and him not reacting to a green light as they should have.

Tazio
16th May 2010, 18:03
i think the only contravention of the rules were the actions of the fia with thier own rules.

That's good enough for me. I feel all warm and fuzzy when I'm engagsd in a discussion with someone that is total agreement with me!

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2010, 18:04
my new donkey(s) of the race is now Damon Hill and his fellow stewards.

the rules may have been confusing but I still feel to penalize schumacher is silly-he took advantage of an alonso mistake and should not be punished.

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 18:04
Damon Hill :p

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2010, 18:05
You know Godwin's Law, the one that states that online conversations increasingly have a chance of mentioning Hitler or the Nazis, and at that point the person mentioning them automatically loses the argument?

surely that rule is excempt when arguing about Max Mosley? :D

markabilly
16th May 2010, 18:06
my new donkey(s) of the race is now Damon Hill and his fellow stewards.

the rules may have been confusing but I still feel to penalize schumacher is silly-he took advantage of an alonso mistake and should not be punished.
if you want to be really, really, really stupid, make him give up the spot, but 20 seconds

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 18:13
yep

and tell yer missus to stop snorting, the race is finished!

markabilly
16th May 2010, 18:20
no appeal either....right??
per Hamilton at Spa?

yep

and tell yer missus to stop snorting, the race is finished!
I tried but she is still at it...

Obviously you've never read any of my posts "over there" if you think I'm a fan of the "sex kitten" as YOU call her. And so, because I do post "over there", I can't post "over here"? I can't also be a fan of F1, and watch these races too? I see....

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 18:26
ahhhahahahhahaa :laugh:

SGWilko
16th May 2010, 18:39

Ah, you are talking about Christine Hamilton.........

Rodster
16th May 2010, 19:16
Donkey of the Weekend, officially goes to the FIA for their last lap SC/Green Flag cock-up.

foxystoat
16th May 2010, 19:40
If the safety car goes in they should be racing can't work this one out. Maybe Hill is donkey of the race & not Alonso afterall. Contradicting rules ruin it all again.

SGWilko
16th May 2010, 19:45
If the safety car goes in they should be racing can't work this one out. Maybe Hill is donkey of the race & not Alonso afterall. Contradicting rules ruin it all again.

The confusion is because the FIA issued the 'SC in this lap' note and put up green light/flags.

The rule that if the SC is out on final lap then race will finish in SC conditions does not change.

Ross is on a hiding to nothing - pink cravats could have been waved, but BECAUSE the SC was still deployed going into final lap, then rule 40.whatever still stands.

Tazio
16th May 2010, 19:51
I'm just glad that "The Boss" started in P5 and finished in P5
Because if Fred had passed 18 cars instead of a pautry 17
God only knows how high stock in black grease-paint would go up in Spain and the sub-continent.
:rotflmao:

To say nothing of the overtime that would have to be paid to the Anglo/Mafia for damage control. :eek:

donKey jote
16th May 2010, 19:55
well the brits can thank di Grassi for that :)

SGWilko
16th May 2010, 19:56
I'm just glad that "The Boss" started in P5 and finished in P5
Because if Fred had passed 18 cars instead of a pautry 17
God only knows how high stock in black grease-paint would go up in Spain and the sub-continent.
:rotflmao:

To say nothing of the overtime that would have to be paid to the Anglo/Mafia for damage control. :eek:

Onslo only managed a 'proper' pass on the new teams cars (you know, the slowees), the other places he made up were as a result of fortuitous SC in early laps where the 'nothing to lose' pit for primes paid off and meant he could leapfrog those other cars when they took their pit stops.

Shifter
16th May 2010, 20:11
Hm. Don't think it's Alonso, he and the team kept their heads and got a decent result. I'd vote for Trulli out of spite (remember Brazil? etc.) and because his actions nearly resulted in injury. Barichello...angry, and how cool can one be after slamming off the barriers like a pinball? The Schumi pass was outside the rules, but the FIA could have made the end a little clearer by leaving the SC out there, they just didn't want the pictures of the checker flying over the SC. Wash. No, it definately goes to the crewmember that left the peice in the airduct of the championship leader and knocked Button out of the race and crucially cost them 1 of the 8 engines.

ioan
16th May 2010, 20:12
The confusion is because the FIA issued the 'SC in this lap' note and put up green light/flags.

The rule that if the SC is out on final lap then race will finish in SC conditions does not change.

Ross is on a hiding to nothing - pink cravats could have been waved, but BECAUSE the SC was still deployed going into final lap, then rule 40.whatever still stands.

How the F can you have green flags/light showed under SC situation? Do you think it is logic?!

Tazio
16th May 2010, 20:13
Onslo only managed a 'proper' pass on the new teams cars (you know, the slowees), the other places he made up were as a result of fortuitous SC in early laps where the 'nothing to lose' pit for primes paid off and meant he could leapfrog those other cars when they took their pit stops. Hey Wilco long time Bro.

the Anglo/Mafia for damage control

As I recall you are a capo
Business is Gooooooooooooooooooooood!

SGWilko
16th May 2010, 20:13
How the F can you have green flags/light showed under SC situation? Do you think it is logic?!

A mistake? - humans are, after all, involved.

Since when has anything F1 been logical????

jens
16th May 2010, 20:15
Trulli was off-pace all race and in the end tried a desperate move with nothing to lose.

Barrichello should get a penalty for throwing the steering wheel straight onto the race track - such action is extremely dangerous and should be strictly forbidden.

Sauber - the unreliability of the car is ridiculous. Basically it can be said that all the new teams are better than them.

Shifter
16th May 2010, 20:16

No it isn't logical, but this is the FIA. There is apparently a rule in place that outlaws that pass, but why not just leave the SC out there? Needs review as not racing under a green light is a dumb situation. They should have just admitted that it is unclear, stuck Schu behind Alonso in the results. I suspect they didn't because they are obsessed with recording proper numbers for gaps and all that.

ioan
16th May 2010, 20:53
A mistake? - humans are, after all, involved.

Then they should penalize themselves not a racer.

SGWilko
16th May 2010, 20:56
Then they should penalize themselves not a racer.

Maybe, but the rule is clear in that if the final lap is run behind the SC, when it pulls in before the finish, there will be NO overtaking.

Regardless of the colour of the flags, the rule is clear.

ioan
16th May 2010, 21:02
Maybe, but the rule is clear in that if the final lap is run behind the SC, when it pulls in before the finish, there will be NO overtaking.

Regardless of the colour of the flags, the rule is clear.

That's ridiculous. The color of the flags is the one and most important rule in motor sports all over the world. nAnd this new obscure SC rule that was improperly implemented today is not clear, why did the race direction display the Safety car in this lap, nor the track cleared message, let alone the green flags and lights if the race was to be finished under SC conditions?

So, what next?
Doubting a yellow, a double yellow or red flags, because the race director is a knob?

Tazio
16th May 2010, 21:38
I was leaning towards all the new teams for only actually being semi F1 contenders to not ruin the race for anyone that actually had a chance to score points. But that is silly because it’s the nature of the track for there to be safety cars and overambitious attempts at passing by a frustrated pilot that could easily get stuck behind a slower car. Then I said it has to be 2bins what kind of example is it for the guy (if he ever retires) who is the most experienced man ever. But Like the others he's just a big kid that did something dangerous. The job is dangerous, and he will hopefully get a penalty commiserate with his transgression. I think I have to give it to the racing entity that made it too difficult to bring in the one man that could have managed this travesty to the satisfaction of the aficionados, whose voices are screaming injustice. That could only be imho a steward with real experience in situations like this and quite frankly would have not wavered like D Hill and made the proper decision within three minutes of the racing incident at the center of this fire storm
Flavio Briatore
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

F1boat
16th May 2010, 21:38
Hill for being pathetic vengeful old witch.
Trulli.

rohanweb
16th May 2010, 21:47
Donkey of the Weekend, officially goes to the FIA for their last lap SC/Green Flag cock-up.

YES !!!! donkey FIA officials.

despite having a great car to ease off and do a good quali messing up the weekend for the tifosi.. primary donkey of the race is Fernando Alonso.

secondary doneky is that idiot driver tried to cut in to Karun chandhok's car believing in he could overtake and endup on top of that hispania car..

rickos
16th May 2010, 21:57
The rule was not written clearly and then implemented poorly.

A reversal of order to when the SC entered the pit lane not 20 seconds (the race was 99.64% done) was in order

The FIA needs clarity brought to their rule book.

rohanweb
16th May 2010, 22:00
well Ross Barwn had a sensible explanation after the race.. he is right.. I smell Damon's old rivalary with Schu wont favour merc's way ..LoL

Big Ben
16th May 2010, 22:25
Do you know something nobody else on here does? :confused:

No, he doesnīt. Heīs just spiteful.

Mia 01
16th May 2010, 23:05
Alonso.

He thought that he only had to drive pass the backmarkers, and got angry when he couldnīt. Arrogant.

Alonso, itīs hard to keep up with Kimis record in his first year, isnīt.

Triumph
17th May 2010, 00:04
Two donkeys:

1) Whoever forgot to remove Jenson's radiator blanking plate.

2) The FIA for their Keystone Kops-style application of their own rules.

race_director
17th May 2010, 00:07
Let's not exaggerate, he only did so for 10 minutes.

:)

airshifter
17th May 2010, 00:14
Plenty of donkeys this weekend.

Alonso for stuffing it into the wall on Saturday, then getting frustrated when he couldn't overtake slow cars today.

Rubens for having a fit and tossing his wheel into the traffic path... sorry Rubens cars do break in F1

Both Truilli and Chandhok for that end of race stupidity. Most blamed Jarno, but Karun left the door wide open... and nobody wants to finish last.

The FIA for having rules that say you are under yellow flag conditions when green lights are lit, then laying a penalty on the driver for not knowing :mad:

Lewis, for crying like a little punk when the team was just trying to make sure his car made it home in one piece

and last but not least.....

Saint Devote for wishing ill will on Felipe after his boy wonder hero didn't manage a clean qually lap. :rolleyes:

Rollo
17th May 2010, 00:41
The donkey's of the race for me were Barrichello for chucking his steering wheel onto the racing line, only for it to be collected by Bruno Senna.

I really hope that Barrichello gets severely reprimanded for this. Deliberately throwing debris onto the track is bloody dangerous.

Accidentally throwing debris onto the track is bloody dangerous, in July 2009 Felipe Massa struck a piece of debris that could have either killed him or left him brain damaged; it put him out of motor racing for the rest of the season.

Who's car did that come off again? I seem to remember some sort of white car ahead of Massa at the time... nope, I can't think of it right now... Now then who could that have been?

CNR
17th May 2010, 00:50
alonso was lucky in more ways than one

FIA President Jean Todt (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wiki/Jean_Todt) said that he was in favour of re-introducing the 107% rule,

truefan72
17th May 2010, 01:39
1. MSC- because even if the safety car comes in, you can't pass the car until you cross over the start finish right? ( as I am writing this I am wondering if that only applies to the first and second car in the)

2. Trulli for a moment of madness that could have ended up much worse. I could care less about the last 4 laps because nothing was going to change anyway.

3. Rubens- stupidity born out of frustration is still no excuse for throwing your steering wheel on the track and causing another car to run over it. Just dumb and inconsiderate.

Roamy
17th May 2010, 01:42
MSC for failing to declare he has Alzheimer's

CNR
17th May 2010, 01:57
1. MSC- because even if the safety car comes in, you can't pass the car until you cross over the start finish right? ( as I am writing this I am wondering if that only applies to the first and second car in the)

if this is the case why did lewis get away with running mark on to the grass with the safty car out in the CHINESE GRAND PRIX

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2692049

race_director
17th May 2010, 02:18

serious whts wrong with the forum. crashing a car is not a dumb thing . we have seen more worst thing like parking in gravel comming into pits. crashing on back of cars waiting for green light at end of pits. celebrating before the win and stall the engine . stoping at wrong garage during pits. carrying the fuel pipe arnd track

but he fought very hard yesterday. no one can deny that. except for the move on trulli. he fought for every place and smart work

i_max2k2
17th May 2010, 02:43
1. MSC- because even if the safety car comes in, you can't pass the car until you cross over the start finish right? ( as I am writing this I am wondering if that only applies to the first and second car in the).

No specifically in Monaco they had drawn a white line near the pit lane entrance, and only after that white line, could the drivers overtake after the Safety Car had gone into the pits, and MSC did so after Alonso and he had crossed that white line. So except that weird interpretation of that 40.13 clause he did everything correctly including overtaking under a green flag.

race_director
17th May 2010, 02:46
donkey move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMdqad7O5Ek

turismo6
17th May 2010, 05:49
Any photos/ videos of the Button equipment in the car?

Storm
17th May 2010, 07:37

2. Trulli for a moment of madness that could have ended up much worse. I could care less about the last 4 laps because nothing was going to change anyway.

3. Rubens- stupidity born out of frustration is still no excuse for throwing your steering wheel on the track and causing another car to run over it. Just dumb and inconsiderate.

#1 Even I thought it was like that truefan72!

#2 Trulli for an accident which was totally avoidable and almost beheading Karun!

#3 - I missed that one - but it sure is stupid and not expected from the most experienced guy on the grid.

Alonso - crashed and wasted his qually but not really a donkey as he drove a smart race and some luck/strategy made sure he got some points.

Big Ben
17th May 2010, 09:11
serious whts wrong with the forum. crashing a car is not a dumb thing.

I can only imagine the couch potato expert watching every race with crumbs of chips on his chest and spilling beer over his shirt because it's too hard to drink it and watch the drivers as they go so fast on those narrow streets of monaco. I bet most of them get dizzy only by watching onboard footage. But they are all perfectionists when it comes to other people.

To hit the armco during a practice session at monaco... how bloody shameful?

I for one wonder how do they do it? How come they don't crash more often?

I enjoyed a lot FA trying to overtake the backmarkers. I think it's pretty hard to go that fast on those streets even by yourself, but to drive with your car's nose in another's car butt for so many laps... And it's not because it's FA. I think at Monaco they all show (at least most of them) just how good they are.

And I hear people complaining that FA only passed the new teams? now, really, what would you have expected? to pass LH at Monaco? why? because you do it on your playstation? It's almost impossible in normal conditions. How about when you have to do the entire race on the same set of tires?

Or that it was strategy that earnt him the other 10 or 11 places. well... d'uh! it's the team and the driver that make and execute that strategy. Most of this people were having orgasms on Schumi's ability to have fast in and out laps and overtake everybody on his pitstops. They've suddenly lost the ability to understand and appreciate fine planning and good execution of a strategy.

SGWilko
17th May 2010, 09:32
2) The FIA for their Keystone Kops-style application of their own rules.

Correct application of the rule, but incorrect use of green flags etc - but that is irrelevant if the teams read the rules which, clearly, in this instance, the FIA forgot!

SGWilko
17th May 2010, 09:33
Lewis, for crying like a little punk when the team was just trying to make sure his car made it home in one piece

I can just picture Lewis listening to The Stranglers or a bit of Sputnik.....

race_director
17th May 2010, 12:44
I really hope that Barrichello gets severely reprimanded for this. Deliberately throwing debris onto the track is bloody dangerous.

Accidentally throwing debris onto the track is bloody dangerous, in July 2009 Felipe Massa struck a piece of debris that could have either killed him or left him brain damaged; it put him out of motor racing for the rest of the season.

Who's car did that come off again? I seem to remember some sort of white car ahead of Massa at the time... nope, I can't think of it right now... Now then who could that have been?

i think. He kept the steering on the cockpit but it fell off and got collected. It was one the Virgin car i think. good for the virgin guys they have a spare steering now :)

jens
25th May 2010, 20:36
Regarding that Trulli-Chandhok incident I have suddenly reached a new theory, when I was looking at the results and standings at Wikipedia. :p : Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if something like a year later we would have another "crashgate" scandal. :p :

The point is - Petrov had just retired and if Chandhok and Trulli went on to finish in that order, they would have been classified 13th and 14th, which would have moved HRT up to P10 in the WCC. So Trulli needed to overtake or crash into Chandhok immediately before the pair had completed more laps than Petrov.

AndyL
26th May 2010, 12:17
Regarding that Trulli-Chandhok incident I have suddenly reached a new theory, when I was looking at the results and standings at Wikipedia. :p : Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if something like a year later we would have another "crashgate" scandal. :p :

The point is - Petrov had just retired and if Chandhok and Trulli went on to finish in that order, they would have been classified 13th and 14th, which would have moved HRT up to P10 in the WCC. So Trulli needed to overtake or crash into Chandhok immediately before the pair had completed more laps than Petrov.

:D an excellent conspiracy theory, but possibly based on a slight over-estimation of the value of being 10th in the WCC on equal 0 points ;)

jens
27th May 2010, 11:53
:D an excellent conspiracy theory, but possibly based on a slight over-estimation of the value of being 10th in the WCC on equal 0 points ;)

P10 is the last position in WCC that gets prize money, so who knows. :p :

AndyL
27th May 2010, 19:06
P10 is the last position in WCC that gets prize money, so who knows. :p :

Yes I take it back, actually I think you could be right... it's a fair bet that no other race will have as many retirements as Monaco, so it could well be that the finishing positions there could have decided the WCC and WDC for the new boys! :)