PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally GB 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3

handbrakes&hairpins
13th May 2010, 12:02
This week Wales Rally GB, one of the UK’s largest and most iconic motorsport events, launched its plans for the 2010 event which will run from 11th - 14th November.

Announcements included an all new special stage, which will run in Cardiff Bay and a welcome return to the classic stage in Radnor Forest, near Presteigne, Powys.* The event will be the 13th and final round of the World Rally Championship and a chance for British fans to get up close to the sport on their doorstep.

This year’s Wales Rally GB route provides fans, families and those who are new to the world of rallying with the perfect mix of old and new. For the first time, Cardiff Bay will play host to a special stage which will run twice, on the evenings of Thursday 11th and Saturday 13th November. The timed test of speed and driver skill will run on the Cardiff Bay barrage and into the dock area. It will be ideal for those who want to enjoy the event in Wales’ vibrant capital, particularly young families, as public transport and parking are easily accessible.

For fans who revel in soaking up the nostalgia of this event, the rally will return to Radnor Forest for the first time in 11 years. The ultra fast 15.1 km stage will run twice on Saturday the 13th and promises rally followers plenty of high speed entertainment.

To read the rest of this article, click here:
http://handbrakeshairpins.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/wales-rally-gb-plans-for-2010-released/

AndyRAC
13th May 2010, 13:03
£99 for a World Rally pass.... it's gone up....

This is minority/niche sport.......not F1, Football.....

RicKT
13th May 2010, 22:48

I agree, I used to love the WRC in the UK when it was the classic England stages, but paying £100 for a full access ticket is too much in my opinion, more so when you look at the costs of the hotels when the event is on, unless you go camping...

Rick

Francis44
14th May 2010, 08:30
Should be an awesome event.

RicKT
14th May 2010, 08:44
Should be an awesome event.

The event is still good if your watching it on TV, but try getting from stage to stage in Wales, it was a nightmare!! We only managed 2 stages one day due to the issues with getting blocked in, in the car park!

plus... the police are out in force with the speed traps!

Motorsportfun
14th May 2010, 11:12

Andy, the price is quite cheap... if you think that a paddock-pass for a F1 Grand Prix is about 2000 euros! (in the worst race) :D

No one gives something for free.

MJW
14th May 2010, 11:43
The event is still good if your watching it on TV, but try getting from stage to stage in Wales, it was a nightmare!! We only managed 2 stages one day due to the issues with getting blocked in, in the car park!

plus... the police are out in force with the speed traps!
Most rallies these days you will be hard pressed to catch more than 2 stages a day plus possibly a superspecial at the end of the day. Look at the iteniery for any WRC event, NZ for example its get in watch both runs of teh stage and thats the day.
Oh and dont forget to enjoy the speed and spectacle........watching live beats TV coverage by about a million%.

raybak
14th May 2010, 11:46
Rally NZ, the last time I went in as a spectator we saw 4 stages in the day.

Rally Oz last year I managed 3 stages but could have done 4 if I tried.

Ray

AndyRAC
14th May 2010, 11:54
Andy, the price is quite cheap... if you think that a paddock-pass for a F1 Grand Prix is about 2000 euros! (in the worst race) :D

Cheap??? You surely can't be serious? You can't compare F1 to WRC - one is a global sport with massive media interest, on TV, Radio, newspapers, magazines.....that's why it's expensive. The other is a minority/niche sport ......comparable to MX, Enduro, etc Until they realise this, the event won't move on.

Saying that, watching it live is another world to on TV. But I'm not sure I can justify paying that much to watch 2 stages a day - works out at £33 a day, £16.50 a stage. Compare that with National events that use the same stages, normally £10 for the day.

Mintexmemory
14th May 2010, 14:44

Actually some do.
Rally Catalunya and Rally Ireland were both free events last year. Those of us who have grown up seeing 'proper' rallying (5-day events) with no charges don't believe that comparisons with F1 (vastly over-priced in the modern era) are valid. Ultimately, why should the Rally Fan subsidise the Citroen and Ford advertising budget? It would be interesting to have a comparison chart of those events that do charge and what you get for your money.
Germany for bronze access is ca. 33% less than Wales

Mintexmemory
29th September 2010, 11:52
I note that Rally France is also 'free at the point of use' this weekend.
Already hotels in Wales are either full or charging £85 pppn -and thats Traverlodge and Premier :rolleyes: -so much for the advertising campaigns. Still no news about 2011 calendar after the FIA rejected the original proposals, or have I missed something.

alexlake
29th September 2010, 18:33
Same old story with Wales, silly prices, and every year I say I wont go again, and every year I do!. Found a cheap B&B and been staying there last few years. But it costs a lot even doing it as cheap as possible.

Still, cant wait! Spain and Wales for me, 2 rallies in 3 weeks.

How many cars will be entering this year roughly, as the National championship will be there too?

Mirek
3rd October 2010, 14:52
Ketomaa needs 7 points more from Wales than Pons to be champion of SWRC. Fingers crossed for him because no-one deserves the tittle more this year.

dimviii
3rd October 2010, 15:18
How is the points system?

Mirek
3rd October 2010, 15:27
Same as WRC 25-18-15-12-10... So if Ketomaa wins, he is champion no matter how Pons finishes (Ketomaa has more wins).

Points now (Prokop already has maximum results): http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=41&sk=166

dimviii
3rd October 2010, 15:36
]Same as WRC 25-18-15-12-10... So if Ketomaa wins, he is champion no matter how Pons finishes (Ketomaa has more wins).

Points now (Prokop already has maximum results): http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodovani.php?id=41&sk=166

Thanks Mirek :)

RICARDO75
3rd October 2010, 19:02
Patrik Sandell can also be champion. But I agree that the title deserves to be with Ketomaa

Mintexmemory
6th October 2010, 15:10
]Same as WRC 25-18-15-12-10... So if Ketomaa wins, he is champion no matter how Pons finishes (Ketomaa has more wins).

All the top 4 placed drivers can still mathematically win the SWRC. I believe the rules are that each driver counts their best 7 finishes which means the following maxima are achievable
Driver Current points Max available points
Pons 108 133
Prokop 104 121
Ketomaa 101 126
Sandell 99 124

Ketomaa only deserves the title IMVHO if he beats Sandell in Wales. Conversely if Sandell wins the last event he will be a very worthy champ. Those are the guys who seem to be the real contest as far as I can see, my money's on Sandell.

pantealex
6th October 2010, 17:34
All the top 4 placed drivers can still mathematically win the SWRC. I believe the rules are that each driver counts their best 7 finishes which means the following maxima are achievable
Driver Current points Max available points
Pons 108 133
Prokop 104 121
Ketomaa 101 126
Sandell 99 124

Ketomaa only deserves the title IMVHO if he beats Sandell in Wales. Conversely if Sandell wins the last event he will be a very worthy champ. Those are the guys who seem to be the real contest as far as I can see, my money's on Sandell.

No, they have to choose their 7 races before, so Prokop is out!

grugsticles
6th October 2010, 19:35
Im tipping Petter to win Rally GB!

Its a rally he likes. He's in a car that is quick (enough). And its the last rally of the season so he doesnt have to preserve it for the next rally.

Mintexmemory
6th October 2010, 21:22
No, they have to choose their 7 races before, so Prokop is out!
Ah so, thanks for the clarification

Despite having been watching rallies(and competing on and off in road events) since 1977 I've never been to Wales for the GB (or RAC or whatever). I've decided to do this year's for the last chance to see the current cars after a great trip to Rally Deutschland and I have sorted out the most economical way of doing the event but the official web site is so bloody awful in terms of followable directions, so here are my questions to WRGB regulars.
a) Planning to do Crychan on the Saturday, sleeping in the car overnight on Friday. Views welcome on whether the forest or Dixies is the true Crychan vibe.
Can they both be done by moving between the morning and afternoon runnings?
b) Anyone got the OS 1:50000 ref for the entrance for the relevant car parks and good spectating points
c) Are portable BBQs allowed in the o/night car park
d) Doing Resolfen on Sunday, Car park entrance OS ref would be welcome and good speccy point advice.

N.O.T
7th October 2010, 09:31
the championship title is trivial in the PWRC SWRC and JWRC...at the end of the day if a manufacturer/satelite team choses a driver out of the bunch its going to be Ketomaa, not the champion, so the title doesn't mean much if anything.

tolis
7th October 2010, 10:55
Craig Breen has been entered as a wildcard in SWRC.

alexlake
7th October 2010, 17:43
Ah so, thanks for the clarification

Despite having been watching rallies(and competing on and off in road events) since 1977 I've never been to Wales for the GB (or RAC or whatever). I've decided to do this year's for the last chance to see the current cars after a great trip to Rally Deutschland and I have sorted out the most economical way of doing the event but the official web site is so bloody awful in terms of followable directions, so here are my questions to WRGB regulars.
a) Planning to do Crychan on the Saturday, sleeping in the car overnight on Friday. Views welcome on whether the forest or Dixies is the true Crychan vibe.
Can they both be done by moving between the morning and afternoon runnings?
b) Anyone got the OS 1:50000 ref for the entrance for the relevant car parks and good spectating points
c) Are portable BBQs allowed in the o/night car park
d) Doing Resolfen on Sunday, Car park entrance OS ref would be welcome and good speccy point advice.

they are pretty cool with bbq, just a no to fires, although some marshals turn a blind eye!

Mintexmemory
7th October 2010, 21:37
Cheers Alex, I've been given the info re Dixies corner car park and the options from there so its go for Halfway / Crychan all day Saturday. Just need some Resolfen info now.
Craig Breen could well throw a spanner in Ketomaa's works.

mm1
8th October 2010, 07:40
:) about Breen and Ketomaa, they aren`t even in the same universe in driving skills.

I`m also going to Walles Rally GB, so any info on best spectating points for Saturday are welcome.

Doon
8th October 2010, 12:07
Hi folks,

Does anyone have much info on the route through Radnor? I have been there for national events, so i'm wondering if the stage will be the same, and where it starts and ends? Any info will be much appreciated, a map even better ;)

Cheers

Doon
14th October 2010, 12:46
Also, were can carpark location information be found? I couldn't see anything on the WRGB website.

rp
14th October 2010, 12:54
Cheers Alex, I've been given the info re Dixies corner car park and the options from there so its go for Halfway / Crychan all day Saturday. Just need some Resolfen info now.
Craig Breen could well throw a spanner in Ketomaa's works.

Stealing his Fiesta or how on earth..? They are in totally different league...

Mintexmemory
15th October 2010, 08:47
Stealing his Fiesta or how on earth..? They are in totally different league...

True - Craig is actually good on tarmac too. :)

mm1
15th October 2010, 08:57
In closed enviroment, like BRC.

cvhi
15th October 2010, 09:12
When the entry list, today perhaps ?

noel157
15th October 2010, 10:13
True - Craig is actually good on tarmac too. :)

Not even sure about that. He's got time on his side so we'll see how he progresses but haven't seen anything too exciting so far.

urabus-denoS2000
15th October 2010, 11:30
Not really good on tarmac either - he's isnt much faster than GrN guys ;)

Mintexmemory
16th October 2010, 19:38
In closed enviroment, like BRC.
Actually I was thinking of his very strong performance in the R2 Fiesta in last year's Espana :) (-you had to be there :p )

pettersolberg29
17th October 2010, 23:34
Andreas Mikkelsen is going to be there so he could be a challenger for victory in S2000s.

satnav
19th October 2010, 01:31
The shakedown has been changed , it`s moved from Margem to the new Cardiff stage and its on Wednesday night not Thursday morning.
All to do with the tree disease !

MJW
19th October 2010, 08:53
Its the wednesday night thing that I cant understand, what will the crews do all day thursday?

AndyRAC
19th October 2010, 09:21
Its the wednesday night thing that I cant understand, what will the crews do all day thursday?

Maybe it's a trial for next year have the shakedown on Wednesday, and start the Rally on Thursday morning???? ;)

MJW
19th October 2010, 19:21
From RG2 shakedown is Thursday - location to be confirmed.

MJW
20th October 2010, 13:31
Despite what it says in RG2 here is the confirmation of a change.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87552

satnav
20th October 2010, 21:37
I seen it in the Marshals Tarbard , heres a link
http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/Marshals_Newsletter_4_Oct_2010.pdf

jbmarcus21
21st October 2010, 19:16
Google Earth Map of Wales 2010
http://planetemarcus.free.fr/googleearthmap.htm

go mads
23rd October 2010, 09:45
does anyone know who and what will be at the rallyfest in north wales next week? also cant find rally gb entry list??? :confused:

Mintexmemory
23rd October 2010, 17:44
Entry list isn't published yet, no surprise everything seems to be late with the web providers. The news of shakedown change was out several days before it was placed on the web(yesterday). After shakedown was moved to Wednesday evening the ticket sales were still selling Thursday passes without informing people of the change :rolleyes:

Allyc85
25th October 2010, 20:05
As Mum is hell bent on going to the Cardiff bay stage my Rally GB will be both runs through Radnor, Cardiff Bay and Resolfen on the Sunday.

I cant wait now, just need to get my ass in gear and sort some accommodation!

go mads
26th October 2010, 16:36
entry list on website now in competitors section. still no news on llandudno this weekend which strikes me that no one special will be there!!

Roy
26th October 2010, 16:51
http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2010_WRGB_List_of_Entries_Received_-_Approved_by_the_FIA_26-10-10.pdf

Craig Breen drives for Barwa and Mikkelsen for Czech ford National team in S2000. Tom Cave in Proton S2000
And some (old) Focus WRC's are back. Liu Chao Dong :\ drives the third Stobart car.

Allyc85
26th October 2010, 17:26
Very nice entry list with loads of S2000s and a fair few WRC as well! Has the entry list for the National event out yet?

With Radnor 2 hours'ish from cardiff we cant be bothered with a drive like that so we will be up on Epynt at Dixies corner me thinks :D

Mirek
26th October 2010, 20:00
Really nice entry list!

Barreis
26th October 2010, 20:29
Nice entry list..

dimviii
26th October 2010, 20:30
Also Semerad jr with evo X instead of IX.

306 Cosworth
26th October 2010, 21:09
entry list on website now in competitors section. still no news on llandudno this weekend which strikes me that no one special will be there!!

The Mini WRC will be in Llandudno, as well as M-Sport. More due to be confirmed very very soon.

Daniel
26th October 2010, 21:35
Hmmmm might go if the Mini is there.

Josti
26th October 2010, 22:39
It's an ok entry list, not that great imo.

Nice to see a Proton there along the S2000's. Liu Chao Dong for Stobart, who is he? Would've wished to see PG Andersson or maybe even Grönholm in that seat.

Mintexmemory
26th October 2010, 22:53
It's an ok entry list, not that great imo.

Nice to see a Proton there along the S2000's. Liu Chao Dong for Stobart, who is he? Would've wished to see PG Andersson or maybe even Grönholm in that seat.
Liu Chao has been China champ for last 3 years. So in the battle of the Dong's who's your money on Kimi or Liu? :)

satnav
26th October 2010, 23:45
Heres a bit of info about the Liu Chao Dong entry here
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5221&Itemid=2

djaychela
27th October 2010, 08:05
Set up in the service area - we can't get in until Wednesday and we'll be out on recce, then documentation then scrutineering (busy day!), so Thursday will be time to set that up and then probably have a nice rest!

Iskald
27th October 2010, 12:05
Heres a bit of info about the Liu Chao Dong entry here
http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5221&Itemid=2

Talk about being thrown in at the (very!) deep end...! Anyway some colour added to the spectacle, but let`s just hope that his starting position doesn`t affect fast drivers behind him. It may be I am completely wrong, and this Dong guy turns out to be a real fast and competent driver, but I suspect he will struggle. A lot!

muratgunarslan
28th October 2010, 08:19
I wish Ketomaa to win the SWRC title.

Viking
28th October 2010, 08:50
I wish Ketomaa to win the SWRC title.

And I wish Czech Ford National Team will win the teams title ;)
not wery likely but.. Looking forward to the Ketomaa vs Mikkelsen fight :up:

Tomi
28th October 2010, 11:09
Looking forward to the Ketomaa vs Mikkelsen fight :up:

same here, but it can take some time to see it.

Rallyper
28th October 2010, 16:34

Not this year.... :p

It will be Sandell! :D

Tomi
28th October 2010, 17:23
Not this year.... :p

It will be Sandell! :D

Yes, Ketomaa vs Sandell thats the real fight this year, will be interesting to see what happens.

muratgunarslan
29th October 2010, 09:06
2010 FIA SWRC Drivers' Standings

Pons - 108
Prokop - 104 (no start at rally gb)
Ketooma - 101
Sandell - 99

go ketoomaa :D

Viking
29th October 2010, 10:05

Well Andreas is entered by Czech Ford National Team and they have given him start nr. 21 (SWRC).
He will for sure be eligible to score team points, not sure of driver points??

Anyway, he will be in a Fiesta, using the same tyres and driving under the same rules as Ketomaa so i will call it a fight :D

Sulland
29th October 2010, 12:14
Henning S also wanted to drive a Fiesta S2000 in GB, but had already decided long ago that he should drive the focus - he is in love with the Fiesta, and wanted to test it on gravel as well !

Tomi
29th October 2010, 16:23
Well Andreas is entered by Czech Ford National Team and they have given him start nr. 21 (SWRC).
He will for sure be eligible to score team points, not sure of driver points??

Anyway, he will be in a Fiesta, using the same tyres and driving under the same rules as Ketomaa so i will call it a fight :D

Maybe you dont understand that in this rally for those who drives for the championship the guy who to beat is not mikkelsen.

cvhi
30th October 2010, 10:23
When the entry list national B ?

Eurotech
30th October 2010, 13:47
No Steve Perez on the entry list...? I'm suprised he's not going given the advertising he could get for KICK energy drinks...

alexlake
30th October 2010, 20:41
Henning S also wanted to drive a Fiesta S2000 in GB, but had already decided long ago that he should drive the focus - he is in love with the Fiesta, and wanted to test it on gravel as well !

yeah we asked him at the start of ss2 in spain what car he prfered, he said "the fiesta all day long" :) ok he did say this after a panic of brake bleeding cause he had no front brakes from ss1. Love henning, such a nice guy.

Allyc85
30th October 2010, 21:48
No Steve Perez on the entry list...? I'm suprised he's not going given the advertising he could get for KICK energy drinks...

I expect he will be doing the National event. I hope he is as he and Andy Burton have had some great battles this year while the 306 has been working!

StevoEvo
30th October 2010, 23:00
Any Hyundai Accent WRC's entered in the nationals??

Allyc85
31st October 2010, 13:51
I think the entry list for the nationals cloeses tomorrow so we should know who has been accepted in the next few days :)

MJW
31st October 2010, 15:05
Any Hyundai Accent WRC's entered in the nationals??
Yes

Iskald
31st October 2010, 16:24
Maybe you dont understand that in this rally for those who drives for the championship the guy who to beat is not mikkelsen.

But it will be quite interesting to se your new "world-beater" Ketooma being trashed by a driver ten years younger than him. ;-)

ProRally
31st October 2010, 16:28
But it will be quite interesting to se your new "world-beater" Ketooma being trashed by a driver ten years younger than him. ;-)

We will know in couple of weeks.... :D :D

Tomi
1st November 2010, 06:41

"world-beater", lol, quite much said of a guy who just started his international carreer, I guess it depends how fast it's needed to drive for the championship, I belive the Championship is more important to the Chineese anyway, when try to get more sponsorship, you see in China nobody know who is mikkelson, but Championship they understand.
It will almost be as interesting to see if your predictions for once hit the spot too, from before they have not been so convincing.

Pinto
1st November 2010, 11:31

sure VK Kick sponsor Craig Breen and with him getting to the WRC Acadamy he get far more exposure.

306 Cosworth
1st November 2010, 12:18
Well the national B entry is available

http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2010_WRGB_List_of_Entries_-_NATIONAL_29-10-10.pdf

I hope any foreign spectators stick around, just for car 201 let alone all the Mk2 Escorts!

Very good entry for the national rally with a Hyundai Coupe Kit Car, Swift S1600, Skoda Felicia Kit car, 306 RWD and a Focus Cosworth. It's a good showcase of the cars we have competing in GB :D

Mixa
1st November 2010, 12:38
Yes,the title fight will be really interesting. Pons vs Ketomaa vs Sandell. Then again there are guys like Mikkelsen,Brynildsen and Breen who are there just to make a result or a nice ending for the season and can mess up a bit the title fight. Those guys just don´t have anything to lose. Them can drive with bigger risk than title contenders a bit without beeing so cautious example on some places to gain a puncture or damage their car. I still expect Ketomaa to be quickest of all, if the Fiesta won´t broke down. Just noticed that the same in here has been said already with the shorter way but I don´t take it back anymore.

What comes to WRC. Quite normal there too. Atleast there we have the 2nd place fight and will Petter finally example win an event will be interesting to see. Also can Ford´s give a fight to Citroen? Somehow would love to see a close rally but I think it will be impossible.

On nationals,nice to hear that some Hyundai Accent´s will be running. I still kinda miss them a bit. Example liked the sounds very much at the past and them also looks great :) .

306 Cosworth
1st November 2010, 12:42
There are no Hyundai Accents on the national event.

306 Cosworth
1st November 2010, 12:43
Well the national B entry is available

http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2010_WRGB_List_of_Entries_-_NATIONAL_29-10-10.pdf

I hope any foreign spectators stick around, just for car 201 let alone all the Mk2 Escorts!

Very good entry for the national rally with a Hyundai Coupe Kit Car, Swift S1600, Skoda Felicia Kit car, 306 RWD and a Focus Cosworth. It's a good showcase of the cars we have competing in GB :D

Looks like the Skoda Kit Car has withdrawn there entry.

AndyRAC
1st November 2010, 13:04
That's a pretty good entry, a good mix of cars - obviously the highlight is the Pug, a lot of the 'once a year' speccies will be left speechless by it! Good to see Callum Black out in the Swift S1600 - that makes a noise!!

306 Cosworth
1st November 2010, 13:30
Yeah the once a year speccys and chavs will be wondering what the hell it is :D Just hope he does at least 3 stages!

AndyRAC
1st November 2010, 13:57
Yeah the once a year speccys and chavs will be wondering what the hell it is :D Just hope he does at least 3 stages!

I did wonder that, but didn't like saying. Let's hope it's reliable.

Pinto
1st November 2010, 14:52
Burton will be great to see not trying to be negative but theres not alot more to get excited about Gareth Lloyd would go well also, but its the real rock and a hard place alot of lads have their years rallying done and its not been a round of any championship and other historic men are holding out for the RAC.
but at least its a bit of variation and theres nothing better than looking at an escort sidways in the woods.

Allyc85
1st November 2010, 16:08
That's a pretty good entry, a good mix of cars - obviously the highlight is the Pug, a lot of the 'once a year' speccies will be left speechless by it! Good to see Callum Black out in the Swift S1600 - that makes a noise!!

Agreed, I cant wait to be up on Epynt now :D

AndyRAC
1st November 2010, 19:39
Burton will be great to see not trying to be negative but theres not alot more to get excited about Gareth Lloyd would go well also, but its the real rock and a hard place alot of lads have their years rallying done and its not been a round of any championship and other historic men are holding out for the RAC.
but at least its a bit of variation and theres nothing better than looking at an escort sidways in the woods.

The old RAC was always the yearly highlight for most of the clubmen/National drivers - it's a shame this aspect has been lost. But having a National category is a welcome addition. Let's hope more spaces are given next year.

Pinto
2nd November 2010, 10:12
Andy what about if they were to run a round of the MSA gravel championship with double or bonous points as it would be the last round.

tolis
3rd November 2010, 18:51
Karl Kruuda entered as well.
http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2010_WRGB_List_of_Entries_-_Approved_by_the_FIA_28-10-10.pdf

whereschris
5th November 2010, 13:45
Hi there,

a couple of years ago I watched the rally from the point in the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5OegAUJ4pE

Does anyone know which car park you need to use? I can't remember. It's either G, H or J.

Thanks for any help
Chris

MartijnS
5th November 2010, 13:59
Have been there too, dont know what carpark though. Pretty boring spot when we were there.

whereschris
5th November 2010, 14:10
Hi

Just out of interest why did you find it boring? Have you got any recommendations?

Cheers

MartijnS
6th November 2010, 00:49
Slow corner and it wasn't muddy when we were there :)
No recommendations, have been there only once and this year for the second time :)

satnav
7th November 2010, 13:53
Petter went off testing yesterday in Esgair Dafydd in Wales , from what i`ve heard both driver and co-driver were unhurt and car only sustained slight damage at the rear .

Barreis
7th November 2010, 20:20
Maybe the best event of WRC (when MC rally is out)..

AndyRAC
7th November 2010, 20:52
Maybe the best event of WRC (when MC rally is out)..

Hmm, not anymore - it was when it was a 4-5 day event.

Doesn't help this year clashing with the decider for the F1 Title - who's idea was that??? :dozey:

Barreis
7th November 2010, 21:25
Who cares?! Cannot watch WRC on TV (unhappy) but can watch F1 and follow results on web.. Hope that next year will be LIVE stages!!!

alexlake
7th November 2010, 21:39
whats Radnor like? never been to that stage before, and if its worth a look.

Allyc85
8th November 2010, 20:11
Has anyone here been to the remote service on the Friday and got any advice on traffic getting in and viewing etc?

MartijnS
9th November 2010, 12:40
Some snow during Ford tests yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44783934@N03/

pettersolberg29
9th November 2010, 14:22
Blimey - that I wasn't expecting. Better pack another couple of hats and scarves!
I heard the weather was meant to be warm and dry - at least relative to Wales - this weekend. Maybe these tests wont be very representative of the final stage conditon.

Juha_Koo
9th November 2010, 14:58
Some snow during Ford tests yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44783934@N03/

Ken Block seems to have made rather close inspection of the Forrest Commission's goods... :D

ryland.j
9th November 2010, 20:43
Has anyone here been to the remote service on the Friday and got any advice on traffic getting in and viewing etc?

went last year,parking no problem and you could see plenty of the cars in the sheds

ProRally
10th November 2010, 07:32
Anybody went to the test on monday for PWRC drivers ?

bluuford
10th November 2010, 08:45
Blimey - that I wasn't expecting. Better pack another couple of hats and scarves!
I heard the weather was meant to be warm and dry - at least relative to Wales - this weekend. Maybe these tests wont be very representative of the final stage conditon.

Nice terms in Wales ;-)

At the moment it looks like very big rainstorm for Wales For tomorrow (Thursday). It starts a few hours after midnight, eases off little bit in the morning. During the day there will be very frequent rainshowers (mostly light rain). Those continue all night and currently it looks like by Friday morning the weather improves a little, but the next cyclone is queued to reach in Wales after the midday, so very typical, muddy, rainy, very windy (wind speeds are between 13 and 20 m/s for most of the weekend), but not so cold weather (It will be cold until Thursday midnight and after that the temperature should be near 10 degrees in Celsius).

10th November 2010, 09:15
So who's quick is super slippery conditions? Latvala?

skarderud
10th November 2010, 15:34
thats a weather for petter!
perfekt with slippery and wet conditions for him, maybe latvala to, and actually henning. maybe loeb, but i think the guys with little experience in wales will met big difficulties!

tolis
10th November 2010, 15:35
Video from the recce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-nm0XrPrUg

pettersolberg29
10th November 2010, 16:17
Anyone know of any good text service for rally updates from Rally GB as I will be in the middle of a forest with no computer and no radio so wont have a clue what's going on! I remember someone telling me a good one last year but forgotten it..

wrc_flipper
10th November 2010, 16:42
Anyone know of any good text service for rally updates from Rally GB as I will be in the middle of a forest with no computer and no radio so wont have a clue what's going on! I remember someone telling me a good one last year but forgotten it..

Stagetimes are good http://www.stagetimes.com/signup_wrc.asp
£5 for the event.

pettersolberg29
10th November 2010, 17:06
Cheers - I assume its just a one-off 5 quid payment and there is no way that I will be charged more? I've been very suspicious of these services since last year when I got them for WRC in Norway and I got charged 25p for every text and the service kept texting a load of rubbish so it cost me over 25 quid for just one event!

Pinto
10th November 2010, 19:16
Cheers - I assume its just a one-off 5 quid payment and there is no way that I will be charged more? I've been very suspicious of these services since last year when I got them for WRC in Norway and I got charged 25p for every text and the service kept texting a load of rubbish so it cost me over 25 quid for just one event!

barry had to gather a few quid to keep his brother Kris going in the IRC this year :)

Allyc85
10th November 2010, 19:34
went last year,parking no problem and you could see plenty of the cars in the sheds

Ideal, cheers :D

Iskald
10th November 2010, 19:46
Video from the recce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-nm0XrPrUg

For the absolutely and totally dedicated rallynerds among us! A bit like train- or planespotting, really...

MartijnS
11th November 2010, 00:56
First photos of the shakedown at http://www.rallymedia.nl !
Not very spectacular but its a start ;)

http://www.rallymedia.nl/images/stories/Wales/Shakedown/Shakedown4a.jpg

http://www.rallymedia.nl/images/stories/Wales/Shakedown/Shakedown2a.jpg

Probably a update every evening!

userwave
11th November 2010, 01:37
Ken Block seems to have made rather close inspection of the Forrest Commission's goods... :D

it's getting to the point where it's hardly even safe letting Ken Block on the stages, prior and during the event!

11th November 2010, 03:17
Any times from Shake? They probably don't mean alot but

Valets
11th November 2010, 07:26
Any times from Shake? They probably don't mean alot but
1,7 km tarmac - stage
Ogier 1.14,2
Loeb 1.14,3
Petter 1.15,7
Hirvonen 1.16,7
Latvala 1.16,7
Wilson 1.16,7
Sordo 1.16,9
Raikkonen 1.17,3
Henning 1.19,4

ProRally
11th November 2010, 07:47
Traveling to the event now, will be at the service park by midday. Last WRC of the season....
Last event for this generation WRCars....
Who will be world champion, oh wait, it is Loeb again.... :D :D :D

jbmarcus21
11th November 2010, 08:36
Program - Entrylist - Google Earth Map - Mobile Live Results
=> http://planetemarcus.free.fr/grandebretagne10.htm

bassist
11th November 2010, 10:18
Unfortunate that Margam couldnt be used for this years shakedown, but totally understandable why. Cardiff Barrage stage was not representitive of the conditions that will be faced this weekend, but none the less a bloody good watch yesterday evening. After the usual aclimateisation runs , everyone appeared to be `on it`, and frightingly quick! A most rewarding evening, even though it was `brass monkeys`. Oh and, thanks to Alison (WRC Tog from London)- very nice company indeed. ;)

AndyRAC
11th November 2010, 11:37
Travelling down to Hafren tonight - should be good. If you're going, have a good and safe one!!

What's the atmosphere like down in Cardiff/Swansea? Been having a trawl through the net, and there isn't much about the event - even less than normal. Sad,...used to get national recognition, now very little. Well done to the FiA....

MJW
11th November 2010, 12:35
Travelling down to Hafren tonight - should be good. If you're going, have a good and safe one!!

What's the atmosphere like down in Cardiff/Swansea? Been having a trawl through the net, and there isn't much about the event - even less than normal. Sad,...used to get national recognition, now very little. Well done to the FiA....
Dont quite know how to put it really, but Swansea isn't figuring this year so I have need need to go there. Cardiff was OK last night for S/D but a little; quiet. I think we are all getting used to the WRC format, and having S/D on a wednesday (again) threw people and not everyone had arrived. The location for main teams service is good, for SWRC / Privateers its still some 100 metres away, but come the weekend it should be buzzing, with all those restaurants round the service area, right by Cardiff Bay. Certainly not the farmers mart at Dolgellau or Mach.

tolis
11th November 2010, 12:59
It seems that Spyros Pavlides won't start the event.

RS
11th November 2010, 13:47
Mikkelsen will drive a Fabia and not a Fiesta this weekend.

bluuford
11th November 2010, 14:33
1,7 km tarmac - stage
Ogier 1.14,2
Loeb 1.14,3
Petter 1.15,7
Hirvonen 1.16,7
Latvala 1.16,7
Wilson 1.16,7
Sordo 1.16,9
Raikkonen 1.17,3
Henning 1.19,4

Final and correct shakedown times:
http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2010_Shakedown_Time_Order.pdf

So, Mikkelsen is collecting points for Czech National Ford Team and is driving with Fabia?
Cute ;-)

Jafry
11th November 2010, 14:40
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/810/810_wales_rally_f220015c7b.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/810/810_wales_rally_52729d0994.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/810/810_wales_rally_4258196ded.jpg

Photos from Wales before start HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=810&fseason=2010) ;)

Viking
11th November 2010, 15:03
So, Mikkelsen is collecting points for Czech National Ford Team and is driving with Fabia?
Cute ;-)

Well kept secret from Mikkel!, well the car is Czech anyway but run by an Italian team :-)

There goes my hope seing him in the same car as Ketomaa.. but what the hey :-)

http://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/news/skoda-uk-signs-andreas-mikkelsen-for-2011-irc/

zajic
11th November 2010, 15:16
Some more photos from service park are HERE:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=811&startpos=0&fseason=&fcat=&fauthor=&ftxt=

GigiGalliNo1
11th November 2010, 16:55
More photos of that original Focus in the Ford service park please?!?!?!

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/810/810_wales_rally_f220015c7b.jpg

Viking
11th November 2010, 17:12
More photos of that original Focus in the Ford service park please?!?!?!

"Saffy" first Focus to win a wrc rally :up:

Tom206wrc
11th November 2010, 17:18
Start SSS in about two hours...

Let's hope it'll be a great rally for the tribute of current WRC era :)

Barreis
11th November 2010, 17:26
Nice photos..

GigiGalliNo1
11th November 2010, 17:35
I wish the rally wouldn't start so late... Nearly 2 am for me!!

pettersolberg29
11th November 2010, 18:12
Any pictures of Mikkelsen on SD? I assume he drove the Fiesta on SD and has changed overnight? If so, surely it will create some problems regarding lack of testing and scrutineering?

MJW
11th November 2010, 18:12
I'm told the superspecial is a sell out tonight with no tickets left.

MJW
11th November 2010, 18:13
Any pictures of Mikkelsen on SD? I assume he drove the Fiesta on SD and has changed overnight? If so, surely it will create some problems regarding lack of testing and scrutineering?
Andreas was in the Fabia last night on shakedown.

pettersolberg29
11th November 2010, 18:16
Andreas was in the Fabia last night on shakedown.

Cheers.

Walach
11th November 2010, 18:47
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/810/810_wales_rally_a6282adb26.jpg

Zeakiwi
11th November 2010, 18:49
"Saffy" first Focus to win a wrc rally :up:

My first thought was the Focus was yet another back up for Mr Block and M-Sport had been down to the museum to find him something to drive.

harriswrc
11th November 2010, 19:26
It seems that Spyros Pavlides won't start the event.Other non-startes according to official startlist are Albert Llovera (Punto S2000), Giovanni Manfrinato (Lancer Evo), Karl Kruuda (Swift S1600).

Steve Lancaster will drive the Impreza at the start ramp instead of Spyros Pavlides and Al Shamsi will drive the Abu Dhabi Fiesta R2 instead of Al Jabri.

J.Lindstroem
11th November 2010, 19:34
My first thought was the Focus was yet another back up for Mr Block and M-Sport had been down to the museum to find him something to drive.

Ken Block behind the wheel of THAT car would have been disgraceful!

Barreis
11th November 2010, 20:00
Again Loeb..

VFTS
11th November 2010, 20:03
Again Loeb..

Its tarmac today so thats normal.....not sure if he will be that dominant in wet and muddy gravel tomorrow.

Barreis
11th November 2010, 20:05
We'll see..

rage82
11th November 2010, 20:07
Litlle problem for Brynildsen with the chicane

nr7wave
11th November 2010, 20:17
Andreas off to a good start in his new Skoda :)

pettersolberg29
11th November 2010, 20:27
Andreas off to a good start in his new Skoda :)

I like it. If he finishes then I think he should win the S2000 category which will put a spanner in the works of Ketomaa and Pons!

N.O.T
11th November 2010, 20:56
I like it. If he finishes then I think he should win the S2000 category which will put a spanner in the works of Ketomaa and Pons!

pons has nothing to offer and showed nothing the whole year... bye bye...

If mikkelsen manages to be close to ketomaas times then thats a very good indication that he actually has a real future in this sport...and i mean in the sports reality not the one that norwegians live in.

VFTS
11th November 2010, 21:14
If mikkelsen manages to be close to ketomaas times then thats a very good indication that he actually has a real future in this sport...and i mean in the sports reality not the one that norwegians live in.

???

J.Lindstroem
11th November 2010, 21:36
???

YUP YOU HEARD HIM! THE REALITY THE NORWEIGANS LIVE IN! IT'S ANOTHER REALITY THAN THE SPORTS REALITY!!!!!! ALL NORWEIGANS START FACING THE REAL REALITY INSTEAD OF THE REALITY YOU ARE LIVING IN IN NORWAY!

(sigh :rolleyes: )

harriswrc
11th November 2010, 21:39
Other non-startes according to official startlist are Albert Llovera (Punto S2000), Giovanni Manfrinato (Lancer Evo), Karl Kruuda (Swift S1600).
Kruuda is on the rally. My mistake.

N.O.T
11th November 2010, 21:41
YUP YOU HEARD HIM! THE REALITY THE NORWEIGANS LIVE IN! IT'S ANOTHER REALITY THAN THE SPORTS REALITY!!!!!! ALL NORWEIGANS START FACING THE REAL REALITY INSTEAD OF THE REALITY YOU ARE LIVING IN IN NORWAY!

(sigh :rolleyes: )

yes, that sums it up pretty good...

SubaruNorway
11th November 2010, 21:58
Not sure if it's been posted already, but here's video of Block loosing it in testing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlbFDe6-K2I

nr7wave
11th November 2010, 22:07
Well, since us norwegians live in our special kind of reality, I will shear with you the what will be the podium on sunday in s2000: 1. Mikkelsen 2. Brynhildsen(his disqualification last year still bugs me) 3. whoever!(I dont care who it is, because it's my norwegian reality)
:)

J.Lindstroem
11th November 2010, 22:11
Well, since us norwegians live in our special kind of reality, I will shear with you the what will be the podium on sunday in s2000: 1. Mikkelsen 2. Brynhildsen(his disqualification last year still bugs me) 3. whoever!(I dont care who it is, because it's my norwegian reality)
the norweigan reality cant be so different from the swedish one, or can it?

nr7wave
11th November 2010, 22:14
the norweigan reality cant be so different from the swedish one, or can it?

I don't know, you tell me. What's your reality?

J.Lindstroem
11th November 2010, 22:18
I don't know, you tell me. What's your reality?

Wow, thats an existensial question!

MJW
11th November 2010, 22:20
Litlle problem for Brynildsen with the chicane

Did he hit it? Ogier was very close last night in S/D, and also Pons "kissed" the straw bale in S/D.

Juha_Koo
11th November 2010, 22:33
Thread is getting philosophical... I like it. :s mokin:

While searching the true Scandinavian reality, also please think:

Does rallying have a moral justification? It's bad for the nature, dangerous (people can even die), it's a waste of our natural resources and it doesn't serve the human kind in any way.

BUT then again, it gives pleasure to individuals - and who can condemn hedonism as a moral principal? It also fulfills man's desire to compete. Would man be complete with desires left unfulfilled? Plus the competition makes engineers to invent new things - which can be transferred to standard cars atleast in some level - faster (think about the Cold War and Space Race and the scientific effects of it).

;)

Mirek
11th November 2010, 22:37
Thread is getting philosophical... I like it. :s mokin:

While searching the true Scandinavian reality, also please think:

Does rallying have a moral justification? It's bad for the nature, dangerous (people can even die), it's a waste of our natural resources and it doesn't serve the human kind in any way.

BUT then again, it gives pleasure to individuals - and who can condemn hedonism as a moral principal? It also fulfills man's desire to compete. Would man be complete with desires left unfulfilled? Plus the competition makes engineers to invent new things - which can be transferred to standard cars atleast in some level - faster (think about the Cold War and Space Race and the scientific effects of it).

;)

Unfortunately every new set of rules is more and more strict and there isn't much new to invent since almost everything is forbidden.

nr7wave
11th November 2010, 22:44
Wow, thats an existensial question!

Swedish existensialism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RmsENh8SQ

:D

Hartusvuori
12th November 2010, 06:31

BUT then again, it gives pleasure to individuals - and who can condemn hedonism as a moral principal? It also fulfills man's desire to compete.

Rallying as any other sport someone follows enthusiastically has its importance in its ability to renew and refresh individuals ability to work and thus it makes is societal justification. A person who goes to watch a hockey game most likely gets taken away and forgets all about his everyday problems and comes back a stronger person. Same goes with rallying though the ritual is different.

Of course the problem can be that we spend too much time on this what is nothing really but its own reality apart from the real world - which also makes its so easy to jump into, if say Mikkelsen or Ketomaa retires on this morning's 1st stage, it'll hurt either Norwegians or Finns, but still its safe, your life goes on. At its best, from fan's point of view, rallying is pure escapism, it has its life imitating characteristics, huge drama, sense of fulfillment and loss. All you can ask.

So, to return to the question what is Norwegian reality or The True Scandinavian Reality (TSR), I would say in both cases it is escape from it - reality.

And btw - Latvala will beat P.Solberg and Ketomaa will do the same to Mikkelssen. How can that even be questioned? (See - in this reality I can say so, but tonight on the grill queue after midnight, no chance.)

Sulland
12th November 2010, 07:34
Is it starting 08.38 CET ?

12th November 2010, 07:42
Is it starting 08.38 CET ?
9:38am GMT

http://www.google.com/search?q=welsh+time&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB :o fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=HQU&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=wales+time&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=1&cad=b

Sorry, its 10:38 CET?

http://www.google.com/search?q=paris+itme&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB :o fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=CTU&pwst=1&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB :o fficial&sa=X&ei=a_HcTJSkHc3IcdWK2b8L&ved=0CBYQvwUoAQ&q=paris+time&spell=1&fp=10fa48930cd2b7df

Edit: I'm not the best with Eu timezones, but 9:38am local time is the forst car to SS2

whereschris
12th November 2010, 07:49
Does anyone know much about Radnor? Is it a good stage? Was thinking of going there but don't want to be disappointed as we usually go to Crychan.

Cheers

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 08:19
So, good morning, first stage of the day will be live in about 15 mins?

Viking
12th November 2010, 08:24
From Petters page.
"Right now we have heavy rain in the service-park and it is quite windy. Everything is strapped, but still it feels like our tent is leaving us in the gusts."

cosy :)

Viking
12th November 2010, 08:27
So, good morning, first stage of the day will be live in about 15 mins?

1hour 5mins methinks

Salist
12th November 2010, 08:28
Good Morning guys!

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 08:41
1hour 5mins methinks

You are right, my mistake. They will start 10h38 CET.

spyros
12th November 2010, 08:42
Good morning from greece,we also have heavy rain now.

AP-Racing
12th November 2010, 08:48
Buenos dias

12th November 2010, 08:50
Sounds like perfect rally weather!! Lol

Viking
12th November 2010, 08:54
Good morning from greece,we also have heavy rain now.

Snow is falling down in Norway, 10cm of the white stuff outside my office window.

AP-Racing
12th November 2010, 08:55
Snow is falling down in Norway, 10cm of the white stuff outside my office window.

Wow...in Moscow sunny and +14'C

noel157
12th November 2010, 08:55
Bit like Eurovision voting, every country calling in... :)
Good morning.
38 mins to go to a typical RGB. Should be good and just the way Petter likes it.

12th November 2010, 09:00
It's 8pm at night here. 25 degrees plus tomorrow :) .

René
12th November 2010, 09:13
Good morning to all, here 16 ° blowy and we have an alert of Meteo-France for this morning in Brittany very strong wind and waves will be able to attain the 6 - 7 meters high at coast.
Have nice day ;)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/47/50/08/uk_13h10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=370&u=11475008)

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:16
In Belgium no rain for the moment, but we had a lot of it during past days. Now we have very havy wind or even stormwind. ;)

rage82
12th November 2010, 09:16
Did he hit it? Ogier was very close last night in S/D, and also Pons "kissed" the straw bale in S/D.

Yes, I think that he hit the chicane but nothing serious with the car, just lost couple of seconds.

rage82
12th November 2010, 09:17
Dry and sunny with 14 degrees in Varna, Bulgaria ;)

garais22
12th November 2010, 09:22
In Latvia now +5 and light rain
P.S. Viking (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?u=77369), can You forward some 5 cm snow to Latvia? :D

J.Lindstroem
12th November 2010, 09:24
God Morgon Wales! This is Sweden calling!!

12th November 2010, 09:34
Rally Gb is GOOOOO!!

12th November 2010, 09:40
Porblem for Ogier/?

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:41
First splits coming in, looks good for Loeb. ;)
Ogier in trouble allready?

rage82
12th November 2010, 09:42
oh, Ogier may have a problem, but still moving on the tracking system and Peter is fastest on first split :)

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:46
Sordo opening's splits doesn't look very brillant either.

Viking
12th November 2010, 09:46
oh, Ogier may have a problem, but still moving on the tracking system and Peter is fastest on first split :)

Dont show in the splits this "problem"...

HaCo
12th November 2010, 09:48
Latvale good in splits. Solberg even better.

I hope for Petter this rally, he deserves it!

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:48
Dont show in the splits this "problem"...

yes, it looks like it was false information, splits are looking fine.

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 09:49
Hirvonen is a disgrace to himself and the sport....

12th November 2010, 09:49
Hirvonen is 4 secs down on 2nd split, not good

Viking
12th November 2010, 09:50
Hirvonen given up already??

12th November 2010, 09:51
Wats Sordo then? lol

Petter and Latvala on the pace

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:52
JML and Petter are both flying now. ;)

Latvala 4.1 up at split 6

N.O.T
Latvala and Solberg will have a nice battle...nice.

Hartusvuori
12th November 2010, 09:53
Hirvonen is a disgrace to himself and the sport....

Judging from first three splits: :up:

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 09:56
Latvala lost some time on the last spit...

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 09:56
Besttime for JML, 4,2 sec faster as Seb.

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 09:57
Judging from first three splits: :up:

yes.

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 09:58
who is going to visit the scenery first ? Raikonen or Block ?

Salist
12th November 2010, 10:01

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2010, 10:02

Rainkonen

hahahah

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 10:03
Very poor times for both Sordo and Hirvonen. :(

12th November 2010, 10:03
Hirvonen "Thats ok"

Priorat
12th November 2010, 10:04

So, we can already start the typical "snow conditions for Swedish Rally" thread

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 10:04
And Hirvonen is saying it was fine, no problems, just taking it easy. :( :confused:

Halvis
12th November 2010, 10:06
And Hirvonen is saying it was fine, no problems, just taking it easy. :( :confused:

I think Mikko has misunderstood his job a little...

Leon

the chinese with the focus

wwbroe
Wilson is "only" loosing about a minute compared to JML. ;)

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:07
Wilson 56 seconds off the pace from the leader...in his home event....

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:08
that dong guy i think doesn't even have a driving licence....

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:08
ketomaas splits stopped....

Leon
12th November 2010, 10:09
Wilson is "only" loosing about a minute compared to JML. ;)

don't worry it is also part of the x-years plan

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2010, 10:11
that dong guy i think doesn't even have a driving licence....

HAHAHAHAHAAH

Halvis
Pretty good times from Østberg in the old Impreza.

Mikkelsen fastest of the S2000-boys aswell!

rage82
Everebody says that's very slippery

wwbroe

Don't worry, they are back on, Mikkelsen seems to be fastest on first couple of splits.

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:12
mikkelsen very nice splits so far....faster than ketomaa so far...

MR666
12th November 2010, 10:12
Thank god Ford has one driver going fast..... have no idea what Hirvonen is up to but he so needs to speed up.

12th November 2010, 10:13
SS3 starts in 2 mins

Halvis
12th November 2010, 10:14
Wilson Jr. Need I say more.

rp
12th November 2010, 10:15

Some gps problems.. Will be tight with Mikkelsen...

tolis
12th November 2010, 10:16
No splits available for Pons? :confused:

wwbroe
12th November 2010, 10:16
No splits available for Pons? :confused:

I don't think he will be able to match times of Mikkelsen or Ketomaa. ;)

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2010, 10:19
How will Ostberg go with Water Splashes and Subaru?

12th November 2010, 10:19
Pretty good times from Østberg in the old Impreza.

Mikkelsen fastest of the S2000-boys aswell!
Mads had an engine issue too

tolis
12th November 2010, 10:21
Ketomaa faster than Pons, around 25 sec!

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:22
very nice times by Mikkelsen...good start.

wwbroe
Mikkelsen about 5 sec in front of Ketooma now, but i guess the latter is thinking also about the championship, so difficult to compare.

rp
Also Craig Breen´s speed has been good. Faster than Brynildsen and Kosciuszko, so at least some potential guys from Ireland...

Viking
12th November 2010, 10:23
will Mikkel beat Kimi?..

JTGANG
12th November 2010, 10:23
I think that in Mikkelsen - Ketomaa comparison we must not forget that Mikkelsen is only trying to show he deserves the Skoda UK seat he just got when Ketomaa is fighting for the title so must stay on road and wins on the same time against Sandell & Pons so his main concern is these two guys and not Mikkelsen....

tolis
12th November 2010, 10:24
Loeb first overall. Petter just 0.2 sec behind him!

Salist
JML lost 4,2s on SS3. :(

wwbroe
Loeb back in front now, setting amazing time on short third stage. :eek:

N.O.T
12th November 2010, 10:26
water in engine for latvla...that explains it...

12th November 2010, 10:26
JML lost 4,2s on SS3. :(
Water splash issue

Hartusvuori
12th November 2010, 10:28
Latvala having problems in a ford.

Nice start from Mikkelsen.

muscrae
12th November 2010, 10:32
Mikkelsen is so fast, I hope he can keep the pace without a DNF...

Halvis
12th November 2010, 10:39
Loeb back in front now, setting amazing time on short third stage. :eek:

Starting position today is best, no real surprise really - even if he has secured the championship. The one starting first tomorrow will probably win in the end...

muscrae
12th November 2010, 10:41
Citroen bids farewell to the 2nd most successful rally car of all times...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2135/aatmos13gb10e003.jpg

Sulland
12th November 2010, 10:43
Loeb is on fire on 4 !

Salist
12th November 2010, 10:43
SS4 has started...

Halvis
12th November 2010, 10:44
Loeb is on fire on 4 !

Yep, seems like he's putting in some extra effort on this one!