PDA

View Full Version : all not well in MCLAREN? repeat of 2007???

race_director
10th May 2010, 20:52
Jenson Button has denied claims from Fernando Alonso that he is not on the best of terms with team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

Following the Chinese GP and his chop into the pits ahead of his team-mate Felipe Massa, Alonso was questioned about whether there was any tension in the Ferrari garage between the Scuderia drivers.

The Spaniard refuted this, adding that if people want to talk about tension, that's what's going on at McLaren after Button claimed two race wins to Hamilton's none.

Button, though, insists all is well at McLaren.

"Fernando is having a bit of fun with everyone," the reigning World Champ told the Mirror.

"He's trying to move the focus away from himself a little bit. I'm very happy and I think Lewis is. We're getting on really well."

As for Alonso's move on Massa, Button added: "I'd be gutted if my team-mate did that to me."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6145392/Button-hits-back-at-Alonso-s-rift-claims

well could be true, since RON is back and his blue eyed boy is behind jenson .But planetf1.com has a habit of making up stories for a long time. but alonso is also not stupid enough to make such claims, but the site has not quoted him . may be he must his MClaren backdoor Channel still open???

Sonic
10th May 2010, 20:57
Well this is a non-story.

race_director
10th May 2010, 21:05
Well this is a non-story.

Lets make one then :)

F1boat
10th May 2010, 21:13

:D

Sonic
10th May 2010, 21:15

Well it gotta be better than "team mate don't like each other".

How about;

"Lewis Hamilton had my secret love child" by Jenson Button ;) :p

Allyc85
10th May 2010, 21:16
You have to be a complete idiot to believe that made up BS just look at the source of the story ;)

Jag_Warrior
10th May 2010, 21:20
I start doubting any story that begins with, "Fernando Alonso says..."

Mia 01
10th May 2010, 21:23
This is a no brainer. Alonso is very afraid of Jenson, this is really a suprise.

Probably he is right, trying his faboulus mindgames again. Sorry Alonso, Jenson is no Lewis.

Storm
11th May 2010, 11:46
^Alonso is afraid of Jenson. Very true lol.

ShiftingGears
11th May 2010, 12:04
"Fernando is having a bit of fun with everyone" sums it all up really.

Tazio
11th May 2010, 12:15
Alonso is very afraid of Jenson,
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mia 01
11th May 2010, 13:31
Its just abit of mind gaming from Alonso. The focus in the media has been on Ferrari and he's keen to move that focus onto one of their rivals. I don't blame Alonso and I think this sort of psychological warfare should be welcomed by all fans. The body language between the two Mclaren drivers have certainly not suggested there is tension and Jenson expressed alarm at the way Lewis's crash ended his race, and Lewis praised Jenson from bringing home points for the team. Theres bound to be abit of resentment but these guys know they need results and the message needs to be sent on the track.

One thing I did notice from Alonso was the way in which he discussed his rivals for the WDC this season. He spoke about Vettel and Hamilton with no mention of Button or Massa. As I say its psychological and Alonso knows Button is leading the championship, and he also knows the pressure got to Jenson (by admission) last season so he might be trying to spook him. Its abit of a non story really.. :)

Yes.

This was what I meant. You use some additional words because you are good at it.

markabilly
11th May 2010, 13:46
i think logic and hamilton's past behavior, as well as his habit of everything being ME AND ONLY ME attitude he has so ofter expressed since he popped up in f1, means that while these news clowns have no concrete evidence in terms of access to the team, no doubt hamilton is not happy at all and logic dictates the tension must be there

and ronnie dennis does not seem to be the forgiving type, since he was forced to take the trip under the bus in the last liegate led by hamilton....and his alleged replacement might not be a big fan of hamilton either

So Lewis and bunsen can put on the :love: show all they want....but everyone thought it was all the same between fred and Lewis, until Lewis ratted out his team after Monaco over the team order thing.....but it was even later after that, when the cracks really began to show...

ArrowsFA1
11th May 2010, 14:01
...no doubt hamilton is not happy at all and logic dictates the tension must be there.
For any driver in any team your team-mate is your target, and the yardstick by which commentators and viewers judge your performance. So yes there maybe some tension; competitive tension.

A repeat of 2007? Nothing like it. Perhaps things are more like 1988 when Prost and Senna appeared to be getting along fine for a while.

Who knows whether things will boil over between Button and Hamilton, but it seems as if we're waiting to see when, rather than if, it happens.

wedge
11th May 2010, 14:07
Alonso s--t stirring

Who knows whether things will boil over between Button and Hamilton, but it seems as if we're waiting to see when, rather than if, it happens.

Wait till the WDC fight gets more interesting

markabilly
11th May 2010, 16:33
For any driver in any team your team-mate is your target, and the yardstick by which commentators and viewers judge your performance. So yes there maybe some tension; competitive tension.

A repeat of 2007? Nothing like it. Perhaps things are more like 1988 when Prost and Senna appeared to be getting along fine for a while.

We shall see, although if Ron is just hanging out and not calling the shots, then maybe things will not get out of hand, as over the years, he seemed to be the catalyst 9or the failure to properly manage) for the various pop-offs, even thos involving Senna and so forth

The fact Alonso refuses to acknowledge his teammate as a credible championship rival is a public dig at Felipe IMO. Maybe the tension with Alonso's team is worse than he is willing to let on, and diverting it towards Mclaren is a clever way of getting the media off his back? .. :)

oh yeah.......on both points

UltimateDanGTR
11th May 2010, 16:40
when LH and JB start bitching about each other, I'll believe it. so far nothing of the like has been indicated, except from a friendly rivalry being developed. which is good for each other, after all.

Wasted Talent
11th May 2010, 17:00
I would love to have seen Jenson and Lewis having a laugh when they read that

WT

Mia 01
12th May 2010, 19:57

Agreed. If it will continious like this, Button in a great points lead.

Mia 01
15th May 2010, 08:48
Wasn´t it in Monaco 2008 it all started? Well then.