PDA

View Full Version : Kubica to Ferrari (press rumors)

airshifter
8th May 2010, 01:47
It seems that once again there are rumors liking Robert Kubica to Ferrari. This time though, he has not denied them. Many of the online reports also give a specific date that Kubica would have to sign to get his option.

Hard to say if it's anything credible, but it's F1 and anything is possible.

I think he'd be great in a Ferrari seat, as IMHO he is one of the best of F1's rising talents. It would be a shame to see Felipe go, as he has upped his game in recent years and changed my opinion of him as a driver.

Too bad we have a race this weekend... this would have been another thing to argue at length in the 3 week break between races.

CNR
8th May 2010, 02:58
is this to drive or is it like it was with kimi option on contract for about 5 years

then again massa may be on the move to a team that is part-owned by Nicolas Todt
John Howett crashes Toyota F1 car in farewell demo run!
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138201

UltimateDanGTR
8th May 2010, 10:17
Massa nearly won the world championship in 2008, and was probably superior to kimi in 2009 up until his crash. plus, Alonso hasn't exactly flushed him away this year.

I can't see why Massa would want to get rid of him. IMO, he's just as good as Kubica.

Robinho
8th May 2010, 10:20
the press and the paddock new all about Alonso going to Ferrari long before it was announced and whilst it was still being denied - this rumour is beginning to gather the same pace, i can well believe it is true.

i also think that, as much as i like Massa, that Kubica is a better prospect and better race driver, although on out and out pace Massa is probably every bit as quick, if not quicker

Koz
8th May 2010, 10:43
the press and the paddock new all about Alonso going to Ferrari long before it was announced and whilst it was still being denied - this rumour is beginning to gather the same pace, i can well believe it is true.

i also think that, as much as i like Massa, that Kubica is a better prospect and better race driver, although on out and out pace Massa is probably every bit as quick, if not quicker

But does Kubica want to turn into potentially another Barrichello?

Big Ben
8th May 2010, 19:00
Maybe Massa will go to Mclaren to replace Jenson Button after his miserable season which started so well? A Hamilton and Massa lineup with a few old scores to settle maybe?

Seriously though, I would say Kubica and Massa are similar in ability with Kubica being slightly less forgiving ontrack. Alonso and Kubica are good friends but will Kubica accept a support driver role? I doubt it very much.. :)

Fortunately, since MS retired, the support drivers have almost disappeared. Of course it happened that certain drivers where favored over their mates but it wasn´t really like back then when everyone knew who was the one supposed to win.