PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 'freer' post-Schumacher

ArrowsFA1
4th May 2010, 10:22
Alonso thinks the fact he does not have to operate under Schumacher's shadow has been a positive for him and the team.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83301

Interesting. I recall when it was suggested that Schumacher's presence at Ferrari may not have entirely been beneficial to Raikkonen the response was incredulous. 'How on earth could Kimi not benefit from having the 7-time champ working in the same team?'

:crazy:

markabilly
4th May 2010, 11:25
actually given how impossible it would be for Alonso to outshine the presence of such a hero directly, the lack of pressure to live up to MS standards sounds like what he was really saying

Mia 01
4th May 2010, 13:31
Nope, it wasnīt fair to Kimi.

Wonder how it will end for Massa now.

Hawkmoon
4th May 2010, 13:50
It's funny how people perceive Raikkonen. When he wasn't having a sh!t most people claimed he couldn't give one about anything. If that was the case then having Schumi lurking around the back of the pits shouldn't have bothered him in the slightest.

Sleeper
4th May 2010, 14:00
It's funny how people perceive Raikkonen. When he wasn't having a sh!t most people claimed he couldn't give one about anything. If that was the case then having Schumi lurking around the back of the pits shouldn't have bothered him in the slightest.
As far as I can tell he didnt, Schueys presence was more of a benefit to Massa, whilst Kimi went and did his own thing.

4th May 2010, 14:48
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83301

Interesting. I recall when it was suggested that Schumacher's presence at Ferrari may not have entirely been beneficial to Raikkonen the response was incredulous. 'How on earth could Kimi not benefit from having the 7-time champ working in the same team?'

:crazy:

Raikkonen should have had the character to insist that things were done his way, regardless of who else was in the garage.

He was employed to be a team leader, and on $25million per annum should have acted like one regardless of whatever input a former driver on the pit wall was having.

The fact that Schumacher had as much apparent influence on the team in the Raikkonen era says everything that was wrong with Kimi's attitude.

And it says everything about why Ferrari paid big money to get somebody in who wasn't going to just sit on his arse and why they paid big money to pension Kimi off.

ioan
4th May 2010, 19:26
Being the successor to someone who is still in the shadows and still has a say is never a good combination IMO. Alonso had already proved himself before he went to Maranello, so having a past rival interfering was only going to cause tension. Alonso has timed his move well.. :)

You mean Alonso got lucky that MS decided to go to Mercedes. It's not like he knew 1 year ago what will happen, if Felipe would have had serious problems because of last season's shunt Alonso might have ended up being teamed with MS, and I suppose that he would have not been coming up with idiotic statements like this one, and his timing wouldn't have made it into your post! ;)

ioan
4th May 2010, 19:31

Just shows the double standards around here, people would contradict themselves in the same post just to make their statements look realistic.

P3ws
4th May 2010, 20:11
Raikkonen should have had the character to insist that things were done his way, regardless of who else was in the garage.

He was employed to be a team leader, and on $25million per annum should have acted like one regardless of whatever input a former driver on the pit wall was having.

The fact that Schumacher had as much apparent influence on the team in the Raikkonen era says everything that was wrong with Kimi's attitude.

And it says everything about why Ferrari paid big money to get somebody in who wasn't going to just sit on his arse and why they paid big money to pension Kimi off.

Kimi was not hired as team leader. The former was still lurking around as an advisor. MS could sure be a good advisor. But in the seat not from pit-lane. And of course he supported FM just to pay back on the support he got himself.

What i am trying to say it was not Kimis fault things went the way they went, and it was not MSs either.
Try to lift your eyes and ask yourself what the hell Scuderia management really was doing that season?

Was it correct to hire Kimi, pay him 25M, while still keeping MS arround?

That attitude problem was with others than the drivers and MS. They just adapt to situation within the team.
And that situation sucked, and it was not created by FM, MS or Kimi.

Fact is Kimi could have stayed, but he had some demands. Scuderia did not want to know about it.
They already had their hands in Santanders wallet, and with it came FA.

This last bit is a reminder for you:
Kimi wanted to build a team and to chose ppl arround but he was denied. No wonder things got sour.

4th May 2010, 20:15
Fact is Kimi could have stayed, but he had some demands. Scuderia did not want to know about it.

This last bit is a reminder for you:
Kimi wanted to build a team and to chose ppl arround but he was denied. No wonder things got sour.

Any evidence? A source?

Otherwise it is hogwash.

This last bit is a reminder for you :
You don't make demands when you aren't performing.

Dzeidzei
4th May 2010, 20:15

Not really wanting to take any part in this, but just FYI.

1. People often confuse Kimis attitude with the way he is as a person. Its not an attitude. He just dont give a f**k for all the bull****ters in F1. There is a difference.

2. As fas as I know Ferrari didnt pay anything to get Kimi out. It was Fernandos godfather Santander who paid the money. And still do pay him as one of the highest paid F1 drivers. Pls correct me if Im wrong and you know more about the legal arrangement.

Big Ben
4th May 2010, 20:28
A tip how to find the Finnish members of this forum and their friends? ctrl + f, type santander and BINGO! I got the idea. Itīs getting tiresome. Youīve mentioned it more than all the logos I see at every broadcast.

SGWilko
4th May 2010, 20:31
A tip how to find the Finnish members of this forum and their friends? ctrl + f, type santander and BINGO! I got the idea. Itīs getting tiresome. Youīve mentioned it more than all the logos I see at every broadcast.

What is getting tiresome, what has been mentioned too much?

4th May 2010, 20:40
2. As fas as I know Ferrari didnt pay anything to get Kimi out. It was Fernandos godfather Santander who paid the money. And still do pay him as one of the highest paid F1 drivers. Pls correct me if Im wrong and you know more about the legal arrangement.

The money will have come from sponsors, same as it does for everything.

Surely you have been following F1 long enough to realise that sponsorship pays for things?

I would also expect the payment to Kimi to have been signed off by Ferrari, as it was their contract.

Big Ben
4th May 2010, 20:42
What is getting tiresome, what has been mentioned too much?

The big bad bank drove the naive blond prince out of F1. I like kimi and hope to see him back next year but people should face the facts. If Ferrari had been satified with his performance they would have kept him. Everybody thought he would destroy Massa. I did. However after 3 years together Massa left me the impression that all in all he was above Kimi. Just driving fast isnīt enough.

Big Ben
4th May 2010, 20:45
And something on the subject, I think Ferrari is better off without MS in his imaginary job he had for the last 3 years. However, I donīt know if it was such a bright idea for FA to mention it.

Retro Formula 1
4th May 2010, 21:59
Ferrari, like any team, has to evolve to survive.

Alonso came in with a big money sponsor and Kimi wasn't the fit Ferrari needed. Similarly, MS was not seen as the future and Massa coupled with Alonso obviously were. Correct me if I'm wrong but Schumachers plan was to finish his career at Ferrari and if he still had the pace, I can't imagine Luca throwing their greatest asset away.

So, Kimi was bought out and Michael let go. It's no conspiracy theory.

P3ws
5th May 2010, 21:34
Any evidence? A source?

Otherwise it is hogwash.

This last bit is a reminder for you :
You don't make demands when you aren't performing.

I would not go as far to say as i have the dox right here.
But why you could try to search the net.
Bet you will find some articles on it.

Koz
6th May 2010, 02:40
I would not go as far to say as i have the dox right here.
But why you could try to search the net.
Bet you will find some articles on it.

Since 2007 I cannot remember seeing a single article saying that Kimi wanted to build a team around himself and was denied - ever.

You are making a claim, please back it up.

gloomyDAY
6th May 2010, 03:29
I'm glad Schumacher is out of Ferrari. Alonso does not need a fat chin in his face while he's trying to work his way around the garage. I really doubt that Alonso likes Mike as a person, so I'm more happy that they stay away from each other as much as possible.

Alonso is a closer. Keep him happy and he'll get results.

Mia 01
6th May 2010, 06:42
Most of thoose race wekeends when MS was in the garage, well it wasnīt any good for Kimi.

ellinawilliams
7th May 2010, 06:49
Hi
You know Michael Schumacher in 2010 will be launching his own Formula 1 team and the possibility that Nick Heldfield and Lewis Hamilton will be the drivers, Michael will be CEO and test driver it will turn out by Volkswagen Ģ500.00 million pounds as back up.

Big Ben
7th May 2010, 07:33
Hi
You know Michael Schumacher in 2010 will be launching his own Formula 1 team and the possibility that Nick Heldfield and Lewis Hamilton will be the drivers, Michael will be CEO and test driver it will turn out by Volkswagen Ģ500.00 million pounds as back up.

And Ron Dennis will be one of the mechanics :laugh:

ioan
7th May 2010, 16:21
Hi

:rotflmao:

DexDexter
7th May 2010, 16:59
And Ron Dennis will be one of the mechanics :laugh:

Along with Eddie Jordan and Niki Lauda :D .

Mia 01
7th May 2010, 21:17
And then time, time will make the difference. Kimi will take MS spot and another wdc.