PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with Bernie in Montreal

the bro
27th April 2010, 23:01
Only 50 grand, bargain.

http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/DATA/DOCUMENT/gpc2010-027-60-formulaire_en.pdf

http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/the-grand-evening.html

markabilly
28th April 2010, 01:30
A couple of years ago, Benrie wanted to have lunch with me, but I was too busy with taking the kids to Mcdonald's to be bothered.

Probably should have put his offer on ebay. Might have got ten dollars or so........

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 05:48
Who would pay 50K to talk to Bernie? More money than brains..but Bernie didn't get rich by not finding suckers...

Easy Drifter
28th April 2010, 06:19
I disagree with you for once Mark. Bernie is extremely smart.
Likeable no but smart yes.
Maybe the reason a Cdn. meal with him is so expensive I once saw him eating a Mosport steamed hamburger. That would just about finish anyone off!
Even the seagulls would reject them! :eek:

Today Mosport food is pretty good. :)

SGWilko
28th April 2010, 09:55
A couple of years ago, Benrie wanted to have lunch with me, but I was too busy with taking the kids to Mcdonald's to be bothered.

Probably should have put his offer on ebay. Might have got ten dollars or so........

Are you not worried about the salt content of the Golden Arches food?

I hope the rugrats had a fruit bag or carrot sticks instead of fries....

;)

Bagwan
28th April 2010, 12:14
Fifty grand aint so much . That's five grand each for ten people .

And the cash doesn't go to Bernie , but to charities .

Sorry , but Bernie shouldn't be slagged for this one .
He should be praised .

Good stuff , Mr Ecclestone .

markabilly
28th April 2010, 13:25
Are you not worried about the salt content of the Golden Arches food?

I hope the rugrats had a fruit bag or carrot sticks instead of fries....

;)
I hope too, much cheaper, but alas :( Fast food has gotten ridculous. You can drop an easy $50 on a family of five

I was worried too, about the salt content but I checked and you know, they have plenty of extra salt in their healthy food, and it is very high in sugars, fats, food preservatives, insecticides, and massive doses of extra calories....

Just what is needed to keep the kids bouncing off the ceiling, and much healthier than being around benrie

SGWilko
28th April 2010, 13:27
I hope too, much cheaper, but alas :( Fast food has gotten ridculous. You can drop an easy $50 on a family of five

I was worried too, about the salt content but I checked and you know, they have plenty of extra salt in their healthy food, and it is very high in sugars, fats, food preservatives, insecticides, and massive doses of extra calories....

Just what is needed to keep the kids bouncing off the ceiling, and much healthier than being around benrie

Benrie? :eek:

If you want hyper kids, just add a Fruit Shoot.....

;)

gloomyDAY
28th April 2010, 13:36
I'd rather spend that money at the Bunny Ranch and take my friends.

markabilly
28th April 2010, 13:54
I'd rather spend that money at the Bunny Ranch and take my friends.
and not your kids?

what a mean parent :mad: , making them miss out on petting all the little bunnies... :(

some people......

markabilly
28th April 2010, 13:55
Benrie? :eek:

If you want hyper kids, just add a Fruit Shoot.....

;)
benie, bernie, benrie, bast....

SGWilko
28th April 2010, 13:56
and not your kids?

what a mean parent :mad: , making them miss out on petting all the little bunnies... :(

some people......

Thank goodness it was not a cattery - think of all that p***y they would be exposed to.......

UltimateDanGTR
28th April 2010, 17:13
If I had the money, I'd pay £5000 and get 9 others to to have dinner with Bernie.

why?

I would grill him on the extortionate prices he charges track owners to host the grands prix. I would ask him why he doesnt return grands prix to the traditional motorsport countries like USA, France, Argentina etc. I would ask him why he felt the need for all new tracks to have epic facilities and uber-safe slow corners instead of taking F1 to great places like Road America, Potrero de los Funes, Laguna Seca, Mexico city etc. I'd ask him why he didnt do more for the fans and make F1 more fan friendly like NASCAR and IndyCar . I'd be respectful ofcourse, but I'd love to get an insight into why he runs F1 like he does, it may even make me respect him more.

If only I had that kind of money to spare...

28th April 2010, 18:15
If only I had that kind of money to spare...

If you did, then you would probably already recognise another money-maker and know why he does what he does.

UltimateDanGTR
28th April 2010, 19:10
If you did, then you would probably already recognise another money-maker and know why he does what he does.

he does it because of the money. err, obviously.

but why he doesn't think about F1, and what the fans want, which is his duty, is beyond me.

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 23:54
I wouldn't spend the money to get his thoughts. He has uttered them enough times over the last 20 years. I have to say I can respect his ability to make money, and market, but under his watch this sport has teetered on the point of irrevelence to the common man. When you lose touch with the common man, you will be in deep trouble. F1 should be more accessable, and should be held in traditional markets and tracks as much as it caters to the emerging economies. The method Bernie has blackmailed people into giving us antiseptic circuits with space age architecture is almost criminal.

I don't have a lot of time for Bernie, and he wont change. He thinks he has all the answers...and closed minded people like that don't need my thoughts. He really doesn't want to hear what I think.....

gloomyDAY
29th April 2010, 02:02
Bernie doesn't really need that money. $50K is just a drop in the bucket compared to what he really has in the bank. I think this is more of a butt-licking move to keep Bernie's Circus in Canadaland.

and not your kids?I feel sorry for the world if some chick craps out my kids. They'll just want to screw on the floor and destroy everything.

Big Ben
29th April 2010, 07:57
Can I bring a date? I wonder whether Slavica is busy that evening:-?