PDA

View Full Version : Points: 2009 v 2010

jens
26th April 2010, 22:57
After four races let's make a comparison with last year at the same time. To make this comparison valid, current points have been calculated into last year's points system. So here it is:

McLaren: 43 / 13 (+30)
Ferrari: 36 / 3 (+33)
Red Bull: 28 / 27,5 (+0,5)
Mercedes: 23 / 50 (-27)
Renault: 19 / 5 (+14)
Force India: 6 / 0 (+6)
Williams: 1 / 3,5 (-2,5)
Toro Rosso: 0 / 4 (-4)
Sauber: 0 / 4 (-4)

It looks like the main excitement in that comparison is going to be about Red Bull's battle with their '09 score. But as we remember, they improved during '09, so they surely need to start performing well to better the score this year. The fall of Mercedes/Brawn has been expected and I would say that they have done even better than could have been feared, especially as one driver has barely been collecting points - so they have almost half of last year's points currently. Considering that Brawn was dropping backwards during the season, maybe they can get over 50% by the end in this comparison.

Sauber and Williams aren't losing much to their '09 score at this point, but as we remember, both teams improved during the course of last season. I don't quite foresee a similar scenario in their case this time. However, Toro Rosso might trouble their last year's total of 8 points. Force India should have good chances of improving on their 13 from 2009. In case of Renault it might be more interesting to follow whether they can beat their 2008 score (80 points) and end up with their best ever season... on Bridgestone tyres!

F1boat
27th April 2010, 06:01
I think that the situation resembles more closely the middle of the last season. McLaren and Ferrari competitive again, Red Bull fastest but fragile and Brawn\Mercedes solid, but no longer dominant.