PDA

View Full Version : Daytona to be repaved

call_me_andrew
25th April 2010, 04:42
This year!

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Articles/2010/04/Daytona-International-Speedway-RP-announcement.aspx

Jonesi
25th April 2010, 10:19
A waste of time/$ if they don't cut 10-15 degrees of banking out at the same time.

slorydn1
25th April 2010, 17:26
A waste of time/$ if they don't cut 10-15 degrees of banking out at the same time.

They aren't gonna do it....

Mark in Oshawa
25th April 2010, 18:37
If they were going to drop banking, I would rather they did it to Talladega. Or just make it narrower. I hope whatever they do to Daytona in paving it, they use a coarse ashphalt. Daytona was different from Dega because it is narrow enough and was knarly enough cars had to handle around them. It wasn't just foot to the floor drafting like Dega is.

Dega is a spectacle, and I will watch it in part (Aussie V8's are on at the same time on Speed) and the ending...but I wouldn't consider it what I really want to see every week.

Daytona however was excellent with the rough and coarse pavement....and repaving it is a necessary evil I suppose after this fiasco this year...BUT if it is too easy to drive....well then forget it.

harvick#1
25th April 2010, 19:23
Dega is a spectacle, and I will watch it in part (Aussie V8's are on at the same time on Speed) and the ending...but I wouldn't consider it what I really want to see every week.

Daytona however was excellent with the rough and coarse pavement....and repaving it is a necessary evil I suppose after this fiasco this year...BUT if it is too easy to drive....well then forget it.

very true, with the how hot it normally is, the track is very slick and the draft really only comes to play about 15 laps from restarts, but then the handling comes in.

I really hope they use a coarse asphalt as well, or its gonna take 20 years for Daytona to be like what it has been the last few years

tstran17_88
25th April 2010, 23:31
Knew it was coming because the media that normally doesn't care about racing was writing stories about it after the 500. ISC doesn't want bad press.

Mark in Oshawa
26th April 2010, 02:00
Knew it was coming because the media that normally doesn't care about racing was writing stories about it after the 500. ISC doesn't want bad press.

Well the track is coming up in chunks...so for anyone to say it should be worked on is dreaming. It is getting too wore out to withstand the abuse and it was coming up. Patches breed patches...but they don't make it any better.

call_me_andrew
26th April 2010, 03:27
I too think it would be nice to have a coarse asphalt. Maybe not to the extent of an old Darlington, but adding some sand to the aggregate would make a nice connection to the old beach track.

Iceman778
13th May 2010, 20:42
thanks for the links