PDA

View Full Version : Max dumps on Ferrari.

gloomyDAY
22nd April 2010, 16:11
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83093

What do you guys think?

I think he's right about some points, dead wrong on others. I'll just hold those cards to my chest until I see some posts.

:D

Dave B
22nd April 2010, 16:43
I think that while he's entitled to an opinion - and that it's interesting to hear his views - now that he's no longer head of the FIA his opinion carries about as much weight as mine, Saint Devote's, pino's or fousto's.

Maybe even ioan's :p

UltimateDanGTR
22nd April 2010, 17:40
well well well Max, Now that you're no longer FIA president and didnt get a nice leaving present from ferrari thanking you for all your favours towards them (or against Mclaren, whichever way you look at it, which I believe there was some of that) you decide to slag them off.

To me it seems that he was angered at the whole beakaway thing, angered more by ferrari being one of the pioneers, and as he didnt get his own way over the budget cap thing he's resorted to pointing fingures and insulting people.

.classic Max. class A moron.

although admitting that Malaysia 1999 was a mistake is noble, the rest is trying to cause a rift in ferrari and upset luca. whether they'd do as well using the same budget as other teams is debatable, I'm not saying he is wrong and he's entitled to his opinion, but the way he talks about montezemelo (especially for an ex FIA president) is just well, uncalled for and thus idiotic IMO.

This guy just needs to shut up, he makes a fool of himself every time he speaks, Flavio being a 'looney', now luca being 'weak' and there are various others from the past I'm sure.

ioan
22nd April 2010, 18:14
I think that while he's entitled to an opinion - and that it's interesting to hear his views - now that he's no longer head of the FIA his opinion carries about as much weight as mine, Saint Devote's, pino's or fousto's.

Maybe even ioan's :p

You are largely overestimating our common opinion and especially knowledge vs that of Max, unless you were in his pants when he was the F1 president. :p

UltimateDanGTR
22nd April 2010, 18:17
You are largely overestimating our common opinion and especially knowledge vs that of Max, unless you were in his pants when he was the F1 president. :p

are you insinuating Dave is a nazi prostitute? :p

Dave B
22nd April 2010, 18:25
Only at weekends. I call myself Maxine. ;)

ioan
22nd April 2010, 18:26

:eek: What a nightmare!

UltimateDanGTR
22nd April 2010, 18:53

thanks for the mental image. :!: :uhoh:

Mia 01
22nd April 2010, 20:47
If you can afford spending zillions, why not take advantage?

CNR
22nd April 2010, 23:16
i totally agree with this

He also claimed that Ferrari was "not prepared to take on the other teams on an equal basis," saying the Maranello squad would "fail" if it used the same budget as its rivals.

he did give Paul Stoddart the money to save Minardi

I don't think they would be against me, because everything I've ever done has always been done with a view to keeping Formula 1 going and stopping it collapsing

Saint Devote
23rd April 2010, 01:15
It doesn't matter what Max says. He is no longer in power. Jean Todt's actions are the only one's that count.

Luca di Montezemolo may have creeping nutter syndrome, but he is also still the sitting chief of Ferrari.

If Maxie is feeling left out then that is too bad, because he IS out,

Ignore him. He has had his time and he was extremely successful and gave a lot to the sport. But its over now.

stephenw_us
23rd April 2010, 02:43
I think it is funny that this is from a magazine interview, where he answered some readers questions...and people are acting like he proactively came out and made statements....

lol

truefan72
23rd April 2010, 02:49
I am far from a ferrari fan but the last person I want to hear from is mad max. unless he wants to come clean about all the FIArrari deals over the years ;)

F1boat
23rd April 2010, 07:05
Poor, old, retired crook.

Retro Formula 1
23rd April 2010, 08:35
My impression of Luca has just gone up. Anyone Max describes as weak and easily led is likely to be thoughtful and balanced.

Max is a great Lawyer that will achieve the result he needs and provide a prima faca case along the way despite the truth.

In one breath he says Ferrari were never favoured and then manoeuvred around fundamental rules. Ferrari were so equal that they had to have a unique veto.

One day, the top will be blown off it all. I think the only one with the balls and sense of theatre to do it is Bernie but we will see.

SGWilko
23rd April 2010, 11:02
Clearly, being unable to endulge in his favourite entertainment any more, lying back and thinking of England in the Missionary position is pickling his brain.

The people he is most vocal about are clearly the people he sees as a threat - LDM, JYS, RD, PS, FB etc.......

Oh, and the T&S of course!!! ;)

Jag_Warrior
23rd April 2010, 22:39

:up: That summation works well enough for me. :)

ioan
23rd April 2010, 23:01

FYI he's not poor at all.

Valve Bounce
23rd April 2010, 23:56
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83093

What do you guys think?

I think he's right about some points, dead wrong on others. I'll just hold those cards to my chest until I see some posts.

:D

He's just trying to whip Ferrari into shape - nothing in it, except Max's bum is still smarting.

Roamy
24th April 2010, 15:38
are you insinuating Dave is a nazi prostitute? :p

insinuating ::::: :)

truefan72
24th April 2010, 19:54
:up: That summation works well enough for me. :)

me too