PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Senna

maximilian
19th April 2010, 20:02
I thought since Karun Chandhok has his own thread, we should talk a bit about Bruno Senna as well.

I know it's early in the season, and the Hispania is probably as bad a car as you can get to try and impress people, but so far, he has been very invisible.

After being anticipated with quite some hype (narrowly missing the BrawnGP ride last year), his actual debut in F1 has to be considered rather lackluster, even weighing the fact he is driving a vastly inferior car [at least compared to the established teams], with his much lower esteemed team mate so far essentially being his equal.

With an eye on the other thread that talks about which driver is unlikely to get a seat in 2011, I was thinking that if this continues, Senna may well be out at the end of 2010 - especially if it's really true that he's not bringing significant sponsorship money to the team (even though we do see some Brazilian sponsorship on the car), it would seem hard to justify to keep giving him this special treatment if a basically pay driver a la Chandhok can deliver the same performance AND $6 million, or whatever...

What do you all think?

Robinho
19th April 2010, 20:05
its pretty much impossible to quantify Senna's or Chandocks performances at the moment, we don't see enough of them, we don't know how quick or slow the car really is and they've not really got anyone to race against

for what its worth i'd like to see both of them stick around though. they are good characters, very friendly and i think they are both quick

jens
19th April 2010, 22:08
In China Senna managed to get further in the race than Chandhok by two laps! I'd say Senna performed well there. It was visible already in his GP2 days that he is good in the wet.

Donney
20th April 2010, 07:01
Sadly with what they have in their garage just the fact that they have finished two races is a great achievement. So both Chandok and Senna are doing a brilliant I would say.

Jag_Warrior
20th April 2010, 09:58
I hope he is able to do well enough to get himself away from that sad racing outfit. Other than the basic fact that he is in F1 because of them, nothing much good appears to be coming from that seat. Hopefully he doesn't become discouraged or learn too many bad habits while there.

Whether he'd do well or not, I was really hoping he'd have the chance to prove himself one way or the other.

Sleeper
20th April 2010, 13:34
I dont know where this idea that Senna is vastly more rated than Chandhok came from, in there year together at iSport in 08 they both proved to be very fast drivers, though Senna was by far the more consistent.

So far Senna seems to have a couple tenths on Karun but its hard to say since the HRT is a bit of a pig. I also wouldnt read too much into the 2 lap difference between the drivers in China, Chandok apparently had a front wing problem and lost a lap behind the second saftey car.