PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes preparing 'B' car

i_max2k2
13th April 2010, 18:49
Would be great if it could actually match the pace with the Red Bulls. However other teams would be developing cars at the same pace. I guess this comes from the Mercedes Funding..

Mercedes is reportedly working on a major overhaul of its car in time for the Spanish Grand Prix, in the hope of fighting for wins at the upcoming European races.
Germany's Auto Motor und Sport gave details about the upgrades, which could go as far as producing a 'B' car only loosely based on the current chassis. Changes as fundamental as a lengthened wheelbase are reportedly part of the package, which will require the revised car to undergo all new FIA crash tests. The report also said the weight distribution, rear suspension and the gearbox housing will be changed.

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/14312.html?CMP=OTC-RSS;utm_source=bleacherreport.com

ratonmacias
13th April 2010, 20:22
schumacher signed too late and there was no time to design a cheat mobile between Christmas and the season opener. so who gets the first one? schumacher or rosberg?

ioan
13th April 2010, 20:42
schumacher signed too late and there was no time to design a cheat mobile between Christmas and the season opener. so who gets the first one? schumacher or rosberg?

Same tiring sh!t.

ratonmacias
14th April 2010, 02:03
Same tiring sh!t.

jaja

gloomyDAY
14th April 2010, 03:11
What can Mercedes do to their car? I thought the chassis was homologated, so this seems like a bogus rumor.

Same tiring sh!t. :laugh:

Valve Bounce
14th April 2010, 04:54

Silly question; Bruce Wayne, of course! :rolleyes:

ykiki
14th April 2010, 04:55
What can Mercedes do to their car? I thought the chassis was homologated, so this seems like a bogus rumor.

Ummm... just wondering if you read the article because Ross Brawn addresses this subject.

gloomyDAY
14th April 2010, 05:10
Ummm... just wondering if you read the article because Ross Brawn addresses this subject.I did read the article.

I'm not sure how this is going the be a B car if can't modify the chassis. Like I said, just seems like nothing but a rumor.

i_max2k2
14th April 2010, 05:48
I did read the article.

I'm not sure how this is going the be a B car if can't modify the chassis. Like I said, just seems like nothing but a rumor.

I guess what it means is, changing the car substantially keeping the same chassis, btw a question here, if they were to change a lot of stuff except the chassis, would it need to do the crash tests again? Or What exactly does "homologate the chassis" mean? :confused:

555-04Q2
14th April 2010, 06:23

This is so old now, that I actually had a good laugh when I read it! But you, my friend, are still a doos!

ratonmacias
14th April 2010, 16:21
This is so old now, that I actually had a good laugh when I read it! But you, my friend, are still a doos!

what is a doos?

edv
14th April 2010, 17:08
What the article didn't say was how the new tub needs homologation anyway in order to accommodate MB's f-duct solution. Anyone wanna bet we won't see a cute little intake in front of the drivers' knees??

ioan
14th April 2010, 22:26
What the article didn't say was how the new tub needs homologation anyway in order to accommodate MB's f-duct solution. Anyone wanna bet we won't see a cute little intake in front of the drivers' knees??

The might position it in the nose without any effect on the chassis, if it really is worth the trade off.

Koz
15th April 2010, 01:57
Lengthened wheelbase??

I can't see how they can do this using the old chassis?

CNR
15th April 2010, 04:26
this will not happen
take Virgin

The FIA has circulated a note to the other 12 teams informing that Virgin have been given permission to change their fuel tank specification for reliability reasons - ie, if they were not allowed to do so, they would not be able to finish the races.

reliability reasons - ie michael can not win a race in the car the way it is at this time

Koz
15th April 2010, 04:29
reliability reasons - ie michael can not win a race in the car the way it is at this time

Jean Toad, Ross Prawn, Michael Shoemarcher = It will happen. :p

Really though, is there a rule saying a new chassis can't be run as long as it meets all requirements? It seems strange...

AndyL
15th April 2010, 10:45
Lengthened wheelbase??

I can't see how they can do this using the old chassis?

Changing the wishbones would give a bit of room for adjustment.

555-04Q2
15th April 2010, 11:18
what is a doos?

It's Afrikaans and means - dumba$$.

Stram_man
15th April 2010, 12:53
Do you mean the similar duct in front of the drivers knees of the McLaren?
What is the purpose of the duct in front of the drivers knees?

Bagwan
15th April 2010, 13:28
Do you mean the similar duct in front of the drivers knees of the McLaren?
What is the purpose of the duct in front of the drivers knees?

This duct follows a path directing air over the rear wing , causing some of it's downforce to stall out , reducing drag at high speed .
The duct has a hole beside the left knee that can be closed by resting the leg up against it , to gain speed by reducing drag .

Left open , the ducted air exits into the cockpit , with no effect on the downforce , so the driver can use it all in high speed turns .

ratonmacias
15th April 2010, 16:40
It's Afrikaans and means - dumba$$.

ok im a dumbass because i call out schumacher a cheater but please remember these facts:

Briatore won him 2 wdc´s he is out until 2013 for cheating
Symonds was in the same boat
stepney was caught cheating. all of them have worked with schumacher.

schumacher is the only driver in at least 20 years to be disqualified from the whole championship for dirty driving and im the dumbass?

ioan
15th April 2010, 20:28
Changing the wishbones would give a bit of room for adjustment.

Exactly.

Garry Walker
15th April 2010, 21:34
ok im a dumbass because i call out schumacher a cheater but please remember these facts:

schumacher is the only driver in at least 20 years to be disqualified from the whole championship for dirty driving and im the dumbass?

This post is so embarrassingly stupid that I will not even bother insulting you (even though you deserve it)

i_max2k2
15th April 2010, 22:36
This post is so embarrassingly stupid that I will not even bother insulting you (even though you deserve it)

I so agree :D

Hawkmoon
15th April 2010, 23:03

I hope you'll be applying the same standard to Lewis Hamilton since he was with McLaren when Coughlan nicked Ferrari designs and McLaren were kicked out of the championship, the only team to have that happen in at least 20 years.

Oh, and he also lied about passing Trulli in Australia '09.

So what derogatory, not to mention pointless, names have you got for Hamilton?

CNR
15th April 2010, 23:28
I hope you'll be applying the same standard to Lewis Hamilton since he was with McLaren when Coughlan nicked Ferrari designs and McLaren were kicked out of the championship, the only team to have that happen in at least 20 years.

Oh, and he also lied about passing Trulli in Australia '09.

So what derogatory, not to mention pointless, names have you got for Hamilton?

And apply that to alonso as well
cheat gate
crash gate

ratonmacias
16th April 2010, 00:42
thats why im not a fan of alonso and hamilton either. when have you seen me root for either of them? and i have plenty of names for both although i wont post them because i like to post here and doing so could get my id banned.

for the record i root for vettel and rosberg both have had careers without cheating involved. and i used to like mclaren from the days prost senna hakkinen and raikkonen drove for them but after spygate i root for redbull and williams.

ratonmacias
16th April 2010, 00:43

why is it insulting have the facts i stated above never happened?

Mia 01
7th May 2010, 21:58
Nico!!!

ioan
7th May 2010, 22:17

True that! :up:

ratonmacias
8th May 2010, 06:20
True that! :up:

as i said before

what is so stupid about it?

what is false in the previous post that you find worth of offending me?

8th May 2010, 08:19
as i said before

It's pathetic, churlish, over-reactionary, taking quantum leaps in logical thought to highlight a dubious agenda-driven opinion and failing to acknowledge every other aspect of a career.

For a start.

Sonic
8th May 2010, 10:38
Well its nice to see Schu looking a little more like his old self out there, but as a Nico fan I do hope that it is as Nico says and he really did just go the wrong way on setup and that Mercedes are not turning into the Benetton of '93-'95 with only one car suiting their drivers.

truefan72
8th May 2010, 11:02
well this new car does not suit nico at all and i hope brawn and MSc are not up to their old tricks of compromising the other car in the garage to suit Michael. To me it makes no sense to change the car to fit the guy who is quite a bit back from the the other side of the garage. If I was nico I would demand to drive the car I had. I am really not liking the way things are playing out at Mercedes. :down:

ShiftingGears
8th May 2010, 11:03
Well its nice to see Schu looking a little more like his old self out there, but as a Nico fan I do hope that it is as Nico says and he really did just go the wrong way on setup and that Mercedes are not turning into the Benetton of '93-'95 with only one car suiting their drivers.

I wouldn't say so - running one car teams has been a distinct trademark of Flavio Briatore more than anyone else.

Sonic
8th May 2010, 12:37
Yeah, although if the performance drastically changes in the opposite favour it will be too obvious, and I don't think Mercedes would like to take that risk. I hope Nico sorts his setup issues out and out qualifies Michael.. :)

Agreed. Added to the fact that Schu isn't a young man anymore. It would be very foolish to destroy the chance of their new young "German" star by favouring MS over Nico.

I haven't seen FP3 times yet but I hope they are close in quali.

ioan
8th May 2010, 14:58
as i said before

what is false in the previous post that you find worth of offending me?

I'd post it but than pino would ban me for doing so, and to be honest you're not worth it.

jens
8th May 2010, 16:41
Hm, one struggling driver has been swapped with another one for now. Wonder, if Rosberg starts using similar comments as Kubica has done in describing 2008 - the team has concentrated on a struggling driver instead of a championship contender?

ArrowsFA1
8th May 2010, 18:24
Yeah, although if the performance drastically changes in the opposite favour it will be too obvious, and I don't think Mercedes would like to take that risk. I hope Nico sorts his setup issues out and out qualifies Michael.. :)
It would seem as if the revised car has turned the tables at Mercedes:

sarahholtf1 - I did ask Rosberg if he felt compromised by the upgraded Mercedes. He did say he thought it was a step backwards...
http://twitter.com/sarahholtf1

ioan
8th May 2010, 18:48
Strange that cause he said something else today:

"The changes that we have made with the car are obviously good and we have made a step forward but I haven't really been able to use the improvements so far.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83441

Who should we believe? Sarah Holt who asked him or Autosport who got an answer?

i_max2k2
8th May 2010, 19:52
I think its a one off weekend for Nico, these things happen once in a while, I think he just got his setup wrong with the new updates, and since he was driving the same chassis, his car should carry over the same attributes as before. I highly doubt the changes would not help both cars. Let see how the race goes tomo.

F1boat
8th May 2010, 20:28
It resembles last year, when the car changes give advantage to Rubens over Jenson. I wonder why can not the drivers use the different cars?

stephenw_us
8th May 2010, 21:52
looks to me like the changes suit MS - but now the car is slower...

genius!

ioan
8th May 2010, 23:20
looks to me like the changes suit MS - but now the car is slower...

genius!

Who said the car is slower, genius?

F1boat
9th May 2010, 09:31
Ross said that it is faster, but other teams have better improvements.

ArrowsFA1
10th May 2010, 09:21
Who should we believe?
Take your pick. The evidence was visible on track in Barcelona.

ratonmacias
10th May 2010, 16:33
I'd post it but than pino would ban me for doing so, and to be honest you're not worth it.

dont worry big guy just pm and vent your anger i promise i wont say a thing. lol
typical schumacher fans when they get to the inconvinience of how bad schumacher has acted in the past.

as i said schumacher is the only driver to be disqualified for the whole wdc for dirty driving at least during the 80`s 90`s and the last decade. thats 30 years.

ratonmacias
10th May 2010, 16:35
Ross said that it is faster, but other teams have better improvements.

so it means they lost ground to the other teams by trying to give the slower of the drivers what he likes.

i heard this story before o yes bmw 2008 and where are they now?

ioan
10th May 2010, 18:13
so it means they lost ground to the other teams by trying to give the slower of the drivers what he likes.

FYI Rosberg has asked for the same development direction and his problem last week end was excessive understeer.
IMO Rosberg just isn't as good as MS at setting up a new chassis, that's all, plus he lacks the racing instinct, like Button.

F1boat
10th May 2010, 18:21

Actually we saw it last year in the very same team, as after the British GP Rubens Barrichello suddenly became faster than Jenson. IMO the reason is that both Barrichello and M Schumacher are very experienced, they can explain what they want and got the car they need, while Nico and Jenson are less experienced and couldn't influence the car so much, thus losing ground to their veteran teammates.

ratonmacias
10th May 2010, 18:32
FYI Rosberg has asked for the same development direction and his problem last week end was excessive understeer.
IMO Rosberg just isn't as good as MS at setting up a new chassis, that's all, plus he lacks the racing instinct, like Button.

excuse me? wasnt the chassis they started the season with new? rosberg was beating up schumacher like tito ortiz was beating up jenna jameson then they got this slower car and all of a sudden schumacher is beating rosberg. i dont buy that nico cant setup the car crap its just that they are trying to suit schumachers needs and thats it.

ioan
10th May 2010, 19:22
excuse me? wasnt the chassis they started the season with new? rosberg was beating up schumacher like tito ortiz was beating up jenna jameson then they got this slower car and all of a sudden schumacher is beating rosberg. i dont buy that nico cant setup the car crap its just that they are trying to suit schumachers needs and thats it.

It's the very same chassis only the suspension was changed.
And whoever tito ortiz might be he most probably had a better idea about F1 than you might ever have.

Mia 01
10th May 2010, 19:27
Making a special car only to MS liking isn´t doing his reputation any good.

i_max2k2
10th May 2010, 20:06
Making a special car only to MS liking isn´t doing his reputation any good.

To a bystander that would be what it looks, I doubt its going that way, before the race, Nico did say to Martin Brundle that the car was fine, he was not able to get the setup right. And the Chassis of rosberg was the same. So please get more info before posting speculation.

ratonmacias
10th May 2010, 20:39
It's the very same chassis only the suspension was changed.
And whoever tito ortiz might be he most probably had a better idea about F1 than you might ever have.

so know you are adrian newey? cool you actually typed a few posts back that rosberg couldnt setup a new chassis. now it doesnt suit your agenda and its only the suspension. whatever.

if they are tailoring the car to schumacher its a losing bet five seasons ago schumacher wouldnt beat beat alonso with ferrari. what makes them think they will beat alonso with a 5 year older version of the same thing?

ioan
10th May 2010, 21:08
so know you are adrian newey? cool you actually typed a few posts back that rosberg couldnt setup a new chassis. now it doesnt suit your agenda and its only the suspension. whatever.

I acknowledge that I made a mistake, it 's not a new chassis it's the same tub with new suspensions to increase the wheel base. As for Schumacher's one it's in fact an old chassis that he used during pre-season testing if we are to be that pedantic.

10th May 2010, 21:29
Interesting that Rosberg produced a worse performance in Barcelona than Schumacher did in China, yet receives no criticism for failing to deliver from those quick to point out Schumachers china performance failings.

F1boat
10th May 2010, 21:30
Cool to see that Mia and especially ratonmaniacs missed my perfectly sensible analogy with Rubens last year and continued to bash some bizarre conspiracy which likely involves the Greys ordering Mercedes ordering Ross ordering the Brackley team to slow Nico to allow MS to gain upper hand and fulfill the monstrous 2012 prophecy about the end of the Earth.

ratonmacias
11th May 2010, 00:25
Cool to see that Mia and especially ratonmaniacs missed my perfectly sensible analogy with Rubens last year and continued to bash some bizarre conspiracy which likely involves the Greys ordering Mercedes ordering Ross ordering the Brackley team to slow Nico to allow MS to gain upper hand and fulfill the monstrous 2012 prophecy about the end of the Earth.

i didnt miss that fact i even pointed bmw did the same thing back in 2008

so in kubicas words are mercedes amateurish now?

to me they should have followed what rosberg would like just because he is younger and faster. schumacher wont be that good long term the guy is 40 something this isnt golf or chess although some races are almost as boring as golf and chess.

i_max2k2
11th May 2010, 03:49
i didnt miss that fact i even pointed bmw did the same thing back in 2008

so in kubicas words are mercedes amateurish now?

to me they should have followed what rosberg would like just because he is younger and faster. schumacher wont be that good long term the guy is 40 something this isnt golf or chess although some races are almost as boring as golf and chess.

Well it seems you missed the point again, a lack of feedback won't help any driver, it looks like the car that was developed without any feedback from either drivers helped Nico, and with some good feedback Schumi has been able to make it work for him, and Nico has failed with that, and it certainly doesn't mean that the team has shifted focus to Schumi.

Garry Walker
11th May 2010, 06:51
Interesting that Rosberg produced a worse performance in Barcelona than Schumacher did in China, yet receives no criticism for failing to deliver from those quick to point out Schumachers china performance failings.

Because one is Rosberg, one is the best driver of all times.
In essence, Schumacher has created such expectations on him that whenever he has a bad weekend, things get overblown.

F1boat
11th May 2010, 06:54
Well it seems you missed the point again, a lack of feedback won't help any driver, it looks like the car that was developed without any feedback from either drivers helped Nico, and with some good feedback Schumi has been able to make it work for him, and Nico has failed with that, and it certainly doesn't mean that the team has shifted focus to Schumi.

Yes! The more experienced driver explains better what he wants and gains advantage. Michael and Rubens know better what they want. IMO that's the most likely explanation.

Garry Walker
11th May 2010, 06:57
Yes! The more experienced driver explains better what he wants and gains advantage. Michael and Rubens know better what they want. IMO that's the most likely explanation.

That wont work with Button and RB really. Button is VERY experienced.

F1boat
11th May 2010, 07:00
to me they should have followed what rosberg would like just because he is younger and faster.

Really? Or just the car favored him the in first rounds and now Mike simply unlocked its potential? Who knows?
I personally believe that if Michael reaches his potential from 2006 he can again win races, while I am not sure about Nico, maybe Mercedes GP staff thinks like me?
As Brawn GP gave chance to Rubens I am not surprised that Mercedes GP gave chance to Michael. And I approve it.

F1boat
11th May 2010, 07:01
That wont work with Button and RB really. Button is VERY experienced.

Not like Barrichello, though. Rubens is immensely experienced or maybe he just explains better what he wants.

Garry Walker
11th May 2010, 07:02
Really? Or just the car favored him the in first rounds and now Mike simply unlocked its potential? Who knows?
I personally believe that if Michael reaches his potential from 2006 he can again win races, while I am not sure about Nico, maybe Mercedes GP staff thinks like me?
As Brawn GP gave chance to Rubens I am not surprised that Mercedes GP gave chance to Michael. And I approve it.

So far it hasnt happened that both Mercedes drivers have had a good weekend.
I would like to see both be happy with their car and their pace then.

There is no chance for MS to win with the current car, he is not 1 second per lap faster as a driver than others and thats the difference right now in cars. No chance for a win.

F1boat
11th May 2010, 07:10
So far it hasnt happened that both Mercedes drivers have had a good weekend.
I would like to see both be happy with their car and their pace then.

There is no chance for MS to win with the current car, he is not 1 second per lap faster as a driver than others and thats the difference right now in cars. No chance for a win.

I agree :(

ratonmacias
11th May 2010, 13:05

i would believe the unlocking potential if they were running during the races in places they werent before the changes so thats not the case they are still far behind. schumacher was roughly a minute behind webber.

if they wanted to win races they should have gotten kimi and rosberg not schumacher and rosberg (of the available drivers during summer)

F1boat
11th May 2010, 13:16
i would believe the unlocking potential if they were running during the races in places they werent before the changes so thats not the case they are still far behind. schumacher was roughly a minute behind webber.

if they wanted to win races they should have gotten kimi and rosberg not schumacher and rosberg (of the available drivers during summer)

I wonder how unlocking the potential in a driver can influence the gap between different cars. About the Kimi comment, you can't be sure that he would have done better. He had bad periods in his career as well, as many different drivers, including, for example, Felipe Massa now.

Mia 01
11th May 2010, 13:27
It seems both will use the old chassi in Monaco. Interesting!

ArrowsFA1
11th May 2010, 13:47
It will be interesting to see whether the turnaround in form for the Mercedes drivers was, in large part, down to the revised car.

i_max2k2
11th May 2010, 14:48
It seems both will use the old chassi in Monaco. Interesting!

Yeah I read that not sure if it's a good idea, but it probably would have resulted in agreement with both drivers. Let's see how it goes in Monaco.

Retro Formula 1
11th May 2010, 14:57
It will be interesting to see whether the turnaround in form for the Mercedes drivers was, in large part, down to the revised car.

I agree. In identical machinery, Nico has had a big advantage over the Champ but was the turnaround in Spain due to machinery or Schumy hooking it all up again.

What I do know is that if he's going to perform anywhere, it will be Monaco. He loves to own it and will do anything to win there as we've seen previously.

Bagwan
11th May 2010, 15:07
"B" car was just a remodelled "A" car that made it slightly better for the shoe but dismal for Keke's boy .
Better to go with the devil you know .

Incidentally , isn't the difference only about 20cm or so ? I think I read that somewhere .
Sensitive things , these F1 cars .

SGWilko
11th May 2010, 15:15
"B" car was just a remodelled "A" car that made it slightly better for the shoe but dismal for Keke's boy .

Incidentally , isn't the difference only about 20cm or so ? I think I read that somewhere .

Long wheelbase + Monaco = rotten handling

B spec car had a longer wheelbase, makes sense to go short for the tight and twisty track.

Firstgear
11th May 2010, 15:27
Really? Or just the car favored him the in first rounds and now Mike simply unlocked its potential?

If the car's potential was unlocked as you suggest, they should've gotten a better result with it - not worse.

Going from podium to 4th is not realizing more potential.

ioan
11th May 2010, 19:12
I agree. In identical machinery, Nico has had a big advantage over the Champ but was the turnaround in Spain due to machinery or Schumy hooking it all up again.

They had identical cars in Spain to, you are obviously not only a Schumacher hatter, but a very typical one, the uninformed type.

ioan
11th May 2010, 19:14

The wheel base has been lengthened by 10 cm through a change to the front suspension geometry. No changes were made to the tub, MS used the chassis he used during pre-season testing.

Retro Formula 1
11th May 2010, 20:30
They had identical cars in Spain to, you are obviously not only a Schumacher hatter, but a very typical one, the uninformed type.

There really is no reason to be rude and aggressive young man. I don't think I have said anything derogatory about Michael let alone done anything to qualify being a hatter (sic). Perhaps being objective, questioning and complimenting Michael qualifies me as at hater but i hope only to a small minority of people.

You are correct that as far as I know, they had the same car in Spain and it was a simple mistake on my part. What I had meant to put was from having a standard car at the beginning of the season, this upgrade seems to be more suited to Schumachers style.

Rather than personally attacking someone, you might like to answer my question of whether this result was because of the machinery or the man.

henners88
11th May 2010, 20:43
There really is no reason to be rude and aggressive young man. I don't think I have said anything derogatory about Michael
People get very touchy about Michael if it isn't heaping on the praise, and analysing some of the negative parts of the great man, is just asking for trouble.. :p ;)

ioan
11th May 2010, 21:40
There really is no reason to be rude and aggressive young man. I don't think I have said anything derogatory about Michael let alone done anything to qualify being a hatter (sic). Perhaps being objective, questioning and complimenting Michael qualifies me as at hater but i hope only to a small minority of people.

You are posting rubbish (or should I say effin' lies? ) on which you base your biased opinions and you aren't happy when someone points this out?
Next time do your homework about F1 related stuff before posting and you won't look like a knob.

pino
11th May 2010, 22:03
You are posting rubbish (or should I say effin' lies? ) on which you base your biased opinions and you aren't happy when someone points this out?
Next time do your homework about F1 related stuff before posting and you won't look like a knob.

Calm down and quit personal comments/insults right now !!!

Bagwan
11th May 2010, 22:17
Long wheelbase + Monaco = rotten handling

B spec car had a longer wheelbase, makes sense to go short for the tight and twisty track.

I know , sherlock .

But , as I stand corrected , at 10cm rather than 20cm , it seems rather small . About 4inches .
The change was introduced to solve the understeer problem in the original config .
It obviously was not enough better , as neither Schu nor Rosberg like understeer , and they are choosing to go with the original .

Or , maybe , just maybe , the shoe is playing it like a team player , and recognizes that the gain isn't enough for him that he can compromise his team-mate so much .

ratonmacias
11th May 2010, 23:26

dude calm down you are behaving like a 15 year old girl after finding out the jonas brothers dont really sing.

SGWilko
12th May 2010, 10:26
I know , sherlock .

But , as I stand corrected , at 10cm rather than 20cm , it seems rather small . About 4inches .
The change was introduced to solve the understeer problem in the original config .
It obviously was not enough better , as neither Schu nor Rosberg like understeer , and they are choosing to go with the original .

Or , maybe , just maybe , the shoe is playing it like a team player , and recognizes that the gain isn't enough for him that he can compromise his team-mate so much .

Elimentary, my dear Bagwan..... ;)

Mysterious Rock
12th May 2010, 10:34

Id really like to see someone push your buttons in a serious manner, you get very emotional at the slightest of things have you considered the In the Box theory.
This being that when you feel rage or unease about a situation and you feel emotion is involved that you realise that you will respond whilst being "in the box" The key to being effective and constructive is to respond out of the box, with this in mind you will realise when you are in the box and thus understanding that rational is often out of the window as you feel emotional involved.
Take the emotion away and it will be constructive.

Mysterious Rock
12th May 2010, 10:37
Calm down and quit personal comments/insults right now !!!

Also in may be mindful to be aware that responces such as this will only make a person enter the box as it will prompt a rash responce.
Telling someone to be calm whilst not calm is not going to resolve the issue.

F1boat
12th May 2010, 13:05
dude calm down you are behaving like a 15 year old girl after finding out the jonas brothers dont really sing.

ahahahaha!

Retro Formula 1
12th May 2010, 17:38
Woah, no need for any bans for people. I'm sure ioan was just getting a little too enthusiastic and may have missed the gist of my post.

Was this performance difference a result of changes to suit Schumacher or is it evidence that the 7 times champion is finally getting the upper hand and getting back up to speed.

I'm sure we can all get this thread back on track and behave in a mutually respectful manner without personal attacks. It's only a forum everyone. Not real life and nobody's died.

Mia 01
15th May 2010, 08:49
Nico today is the day.

Big Ben
15th May 2010, 14:28
So they´ve changed to the old car and now MS is back behind NR... and the new car was not built for MS?... yeah, right!

It looks like Mercedes is the new BMW of f1. Will we see Brawn GP back in 2012 then?

ioan
15th May 2010, 16:01
So they´ve changed to the old car and now MS is back behind NR... and the new car was not built for MS?... yeah, right!

It looks like Mercedes is the new BMW of f1. Will we see Brawn GP back in 2012 then?

There's no new car, only a new front suspension that will be used again for the remaining of the season just so that you can continue coming up with hilarious conspiracy theories, claiming that a company like Mercedes prefers to be slow with MS than fast with Rosberg!

markabilly
15th May 2010, 16:25
WHAT :eek:

No point in slamming the greatest band since Letter to Cleo...

markabilly
15th May 2010, 16:28
[quote="eu"]So they´ve changed to the old car and now MS is back behind NR... and the new car was not built for MS?... yeah, right!

quote]
Yeah,
MS was a whole .046 seconds behind Nico in Q3
WOW what a massive gap...... :rolleyes:

Big Ben
15th May 2010, 17:20

quote]
Yeah,

whatever makes you feel good dear

Alfa Fan
15th May 2010, 19:00
Sigh

F1boat
15th May 2010, 19:51

quote]
Yeah,

after he was blocked!

ShiftingGears
16th May 2010, 00:33
after he was blocked!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83645

i_max2k2
16th May 2010, 09:45
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83645

Intentionally or not he was blocked, and we perhaps missed an opportunity where we could have seen Michael of old, maybe tomo he turns the clock around :)

Mia 01
16th May 2010, 10:22
Nico is much faster than MS this race, any F1 fanatic can see it.

If it depends on the car, well that´s another question.

For the race, we will see.

Garry Walker
16th May 2010, 12:26

That is just awesome. So funny.

ioan
16th May 2010, 14:04

Somehow it looks like you are the only fanatic here!

i_max2k2
16th May 2010, 15:45

If it depends on the car, well that´s another question.

For the race, we will see.

I hope that was a joke, coz for the entire race, not once Nico looked in the inside of Schumi to overtake, as a matter of fact he could hardly keep up with him at one stage, having coming in much later for his tyres, Schumi on the other hand was challenging Alonso, for some part.

Mia 01
16th May 2010, 23:07
You did great today Nico!

MS can keep the new chassi, can´t he.

ioan
16th May 2010, 23:39
You did great today Nico!

MS can keep the new chassi, can´t he.

MS did even better then Nico, again, with the same chassis. :p :

ratonmacias
17th May 2010, 15:42
MS did even better then Nico, again, with the same chassis. :p :

not so last time i checked nico had at some point the fastest laps right after schumacher pitted. and it was only on startegy that schumacher overtook nico.
then Schumacher became Schumacher and cheated alonso out of 6th place which sent schumacher to 12th place. so nico is 7th and the cheater 12th.

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 12:19
The right title could be: Mercedes preparing Nick Heidfield.

Retro Formula 1
22nd May 2010, 10:09
Well, I assume they are going to use the altered chassis in the next GP. I expect Nico to have got to grips with it and be back on top again.

Mia 01
24th May 2010, 12:01
Yes this wekeend will be interesting.

Mia 01
26th June 2010, 17:22
I´m afraid they have to start working on next years car now.

Tazio
27th June 2010, 05:25
Woah, no need for any bans for people. I'm sure ioan was just getting a little too enthusiastic and may have missed the gist of my post.

Was this performance difference a result of changes to suit Schumacher or is it evidence that the 7 times champion is finally getting the upper hand and getting back up to speed.

I'm sure we can all get this thread back on track and behave in a mutually respectful manner without personal attacks. It's only a forum everyone. Not real life and nobody's died.Not one to question your authority, but it has become a theme. :rotflmao:

jens
27th June 2010, 19:07
Mercedes certainly needs to up their game significantly. So far they haven't got much criticism, but bear in mind that when we compare the current MB to other factory teams, they haven't reached the best days of BMW-Sauber yet and are generally on a typical Toyota level at the moment. This is hardly acceptable for a marque with such a proud heritage. If Mercedes doesn't improve for 2011, serious questions will be asked.

I also feel that Mercedes would do well to strengthen their design team with new recruits. They lost Jörg Zander last year (one of the key figures in designing the BGP001) and to be honest, I even don't know, who is their current chief designer.

Jag_Warrior
27th June 2010, 23:25
Mercedes certainly needs to up their game significantly. So far they haven't got much criticism, but bear in mind that when we compare the current MB to other factory teams, they haven't reached the best days of BMW-Sauber yet and are generally on a typical Toyota level at the moment. This is hardly acceptable for a marque with such a proud heritage. If Mercedes doesn't improve for 2011, serious questions will be asked.

I also feel that Mercedes would do well to strengthen their design team with new recruits. They lost Jörg Zander last year (one of the key figures in designing the BGP001) and to be honest, I even don't know, who is their current chief designer.

Good post. And I agree. While the Mercedes chassis looks rather radical, because of the split air box, there's certainly nothing radical about its pace, or lack thereof. I saw a headline earlier that they're all but stopping development on this year's car. I didn't read the story but if true, Nico and Michael (especially) might be in for a brutal last half of the season, IMO.

Retro Formula 1
28th June 2010, 22:35
Not one to question your authority, but it has become a theme. :rotflmao:

:laugh:

Did I give you permission to question my authority :p

Speaking of the Mercedes, it is strange. Only a couple of races ago, MS claimed it was the 3rd fastest car out there and now it looks awful.

ratonmacias
29th June 2010, 06:09
they need a new car and a driver that didnt actually start to race f1 almost 20 years ago.

the 2006 version of the old cheat didnt cut it anymore back thenwhat makes the guys at mercedes think the older slower version of the 2006 old cheat could do it now?

hire kimi keep nico rosberg and drop schumacher then buy kimi some good vodka nico some mouse for his hair keep them happy and drive away. come on these guys made button a champ (a feat by itself) why couldnt they do it with nico and kimi.

Mia 01
29th June 2010, 09:50
they need a new car and a driver that didnt actually start to race f1 almost 20 years ago.

the 2006 version of the old cheat didnt cut it anymore back thenwhat makes the guys at mercedes think the older slower version of the 2006 old cheat could do it now?

hire kimi keep nico rosberg and drop schumacher then buy kimi some good vodka nico some mouse for his hair keep them happy and drive away. come on these guys made button a champ (a feat by itself) why couldnt they do it with nico and kimi.

Agreed, why can´t they.