PDA

View Full Version : NGTC specifications announced

christophulus
9th April 2010, 13:21
Effective from next year:

NGTC - OUTLINE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Engine:
• 300+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged direct-injection engine with ‘fly by wire’ throttle control.
• Low cost to develop, build, buy and maintain – either by teams and/or race engine-builders developing their own, or through lease/purchase of the TOCA-BTCC engine
• Engine can be sourced from a manufacturers broad ‘family’ range, including subsidiary marques under their effective control.
• Over-boost function and increased power output from 2013.

Drivetrain:
• Xtrac 6 speed sequential-shift gearbox.
• AP Racing carbon clutch.
• Drive-train layout (i.e. front or rear wheel drive) as per base vehicle.
Suspension:
• Full front sub-frame incorporating suspension, brakes, transmission and engine location that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.
• Rear sub-frame that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.

Bodyshell:
• 2,3,4 or 5 door of a minimum 4.4m length. (2 or 3 door cars must share the same basic body profile as the 4/5 door model).
• Equalised width of 1875mm
• Specified front aerodynamic device incorporating flat floor, apertures for radiator, brake cooling ducts, intercooler and side exits.
• Specified rear wing profile
• Stylised front & rear wheel-arch extensions.
• Increased driver protection
• Side exhaust permitted
• 80 litre fuel tank
• Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network
• Base vehicle weights, for front and rear-wheel drive, to be determined.

Wheels/Tyres:
• Specified 18” centre-lock wheel
• Dunlop: 245 x 650 x R18

Brakes:
• AP Racing specified package
• AP Racing specified pedal-box

Electronics:
• Cosworth Electronics specified package incorporating ECU, dash, data-logging and scrutineering logger.
• Data channels limited to 16.
• Common power management box and switch panels
• Common wiring loom design

Target Price:
Complete car, less engine: £100,000*
Engine: £25,000
* 5-10% price-shift possible, depending on final components used by each team

Introduction:
Eligible from 2011.
Performance parity will be maintained with current S2000 cars until 2013, after which time the performance level of the NGTC car will be increased.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1875

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1270811470.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82783

Brown, Jon Brow
9th April 2010, 13:26
Good news that rear wheel drive is back in.

RMLCruzeing82
9th April 2010, 16:42
wow sounds great :eek: ...car looks pretty good as well kinda got a super touring look to it...cant wait.

are we possibly going to be back in the turbo era like in the 80's with sierra cosworth plus super touring but a cheaper version? :D

AndySpeed
9th April 2010, 20:33
• Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network

No more allowing cars like the Honda Integra in then!

UltimateDanGTR
9th April 2010, 21:42
interesting they are building a prototype with a completely original body design.

rear wheel drive being back in is great news, the man in charge listening to the fans and teams who wanted it that way. well done him, the rest of the motorsport world shoudl take note.

mattie007
9th April 2010, 23:17
Is it a prototype body? Looks like the VX Insignia or MG6 to me?! Sign of things to come?

VkmSpouge
10th April 2010, 01:01
It will be interesting to see how the NGTC-Prototype goes in the practice sessions in October's Brand Hatch round. The cost looks a lot cheaper so hopefully will attract more entries.

mattie007
10th April 2010, 16:04
Will it race at Brands?

AndySpeed
10th April 2010, 18:46
Will it race at Brands?

No. It would get in the way and there is simply no need.

Alfa Fan
10th April 2010, 19:00
I don't think get in the way is the right phrase. I suspect when the prototype runs it will do so rather quickly, probably a few seconds quicker than S2000 before being pegged back.

Captain VXR
10th April 2010, 20:51
Will anti lag be allowed? :s mokin:
-iU-arhmAKg

acorn
11th April 2010, 13:20
could you choose a model that has awd in it's range and choose to run it as either front or rear drive(obviously the decision is made at the start of the season)?

RMLCruzeing82
11th April 2010, 21:11
could you choose a model that has awd in it's range and choose to run it as either front or rear drive(obviously the decision is made at the start of the season)?

hope so. like to see some scoobys and evos in

CGUK
14th April 2010, 18:43
Does anyone know what cars the manufactures could use for the NGTC?, I am trying to figure this out and its tad difficult

Allyc85
14th April 2010, 19:22
hope so. like to see some scoobys and evos in

Says in motorsport news that it has to use the original layout of the transmission so no Evos. I expect the Impreza with out being 4x4 would be too small with its rubbish hatchback layout!

PDS
14th April 2010, 21:10
Does anyone know what cars the manufactures could use for the NGTC?, I am trying to figure this out and its tad difficult
Take your pick...

Bodyshell:
• 2,3,4 or 5 door of a minimum 4.4m length. (2 or 3 door cars must share the same basic body profile as the 4/5 door model).
• Equalised width of 1875mm
• Specified front aerodynamic device incorporating flat floor, apertures for radiator, brake cooling ducts, intercooler and side exits.
• Specified rear wing profile
• Stylised front & rear wheel-arch extensions.
• Increased driver protection
• Side exhaust permitted
• 80 litre fuel tank
• Base vehicle weights, for front and rear-wheel drive, to be determined.

Eurotech
15th April 2010, 18:31
Well from what I can tell, Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 407, Citroen C4, Ford Focus, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4, VW Passat, Honda Accord, Alfa Romeo 159, Renault Laguna, Skoda Octavia, Volvo S60, Mercedes C-Class, Chevrolet Cruze, SEAT Exeo, Saab 9-5 and Lexus IS to name a few...

UltimateDanGTR
15th April 2010, 18:54
Well from what I can tell, Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 407, Citroen C4, Ford Focus, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4, VW Passat, Honda Accord, Alfa Romeo 159, Renault Laguna, Skoda Octavia, Volvo S60, Mercedes C-Class, Chevrolet Cruze, SEAT Exeo, Saab 9-5 and Lexus IS to name a few...

well, I hope we will see at least the BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, Honda, Chevrolet. though the alfa would be awesome! not to mention the Mercedes C-Class. oh screw it, all the above cars except the skoda! plus a Jaguar XF! (if that was legal?)

Eurotech
15th April 2010, 23:23
What's wrong with Skoda? If LADA can enter the WTCC and Proton can enter the BTCC and Hyundai and Skoda can enter the WRC....

...its not too unlikely ;)

tisme
15th April 2010, 23:32
Which can be ANY vehicle you like.

• Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network.
And any CURRENT model car.

UltimateDanGTR
16th April 2010, 08:23
What's wrong with Skoda? If LADA can enter the WTCC and Proton can enter the BTCC and Hyundai and Skoda can enter the WRC....

...its not too unlikely ;)

sorry, it's just that i don't see skoda as a touring car brand, like VX, like BMW, like Seat etc.

rally brand, maybe nowadays, although i wouldnt be totally against a skoda in the BTCC, it'll just be a culture shock! :)

Brooksy
23rd April 2010, 23:08
It'll be interesting to see how the NGTCs compare against the S2000 cars performance wise and entertainment wise. THe extra power and bigger wheels should mean faster lap times but I'm a bit worried about the turbo engines. I think that the chracteristic scream of 2.0N/A engines that has been the BTCC grid for the last 15 years, will dissappear and die.