PDA

View Full Version : Leffler Placed on 3 race Probation

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 04:45
UPDATE: NASCAR has placed Jason Leffler, driver of the #38 car in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, on probation for the next three NASCAR Nationwide Series events for a rule violation he committed during the race at Nashville Superspeedway on April 3. Leffler's probation will run until April 28 of this year. Leffler was found to have violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  aggressive driving) of the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Rule Book.(NASCAR PR)(4-6-2010

http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm#040410-38

MD24
8th April 2010, 05:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrisobGGZ5U&feature=related

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 05:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrisobGGZ5U&feature=related

Thanks :up: I really should have posted up the video huh? I gotta stop assuming everyone knows what I am talking about. I'll learn :beer:

Mark in Oshawa
8th April 2010, 05:46
That good ole double secret probation. It wasn't enough in Carl Edward's case, and it aint enough now. However until someone really gets hurt or killed in one of these incidents, NASCAR will pretend they care...

harvick#1
8th April 2010, 21:41
I find the probation system to be an absolute joke. and whats funny is Leffler got him back the clean way, buy basically taking out the car without putting the driver in serious risk, unlike what Edwards did.

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 21:53
I find the probation system to be an absolute joke. and whats funny is Leffler got him back the clean way, buy basically taking out the car without putting the driver in serious risk, unlike what Edwards did.

I wouldn't exactly call rubbing the car down the wall until it caught fire
the clean way, but I see your point.

Mark in Oshawa
9th April 2010, 05:37

Leffler is an idiot, he basically wrecked HIS car in the process. Edwards did it in a manner that at least didn't tear up HIS car. So really, what we are saying when you kill someone, don't get any blood on ya......

The whole discussion about this is rather silly. It is like the mindless idiots who defend hockey fights when the best games have no fighting at all....

harvick#1
9th April 2010, 17:20
well Lefflers car was already wrecked, but the way he did take out James was a safer way by basically pinning the car and bascically killing all aero on the car instead of taping a guy going into a corner at 190 mph.

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2010, 05:44
well Lefflers car was already wrecked, but the way he did take out James was a safer way by basically pinning the car and bascically killing all aero on the car instead of taping a guy going into a corner at 190 mph.

His Car wasn't wrecked so bad he couldn't have stayed out and picked up a few points paying positions. All 4 wheels were pointing in the right direction until he did what he did too.....

You want to be a man, meet the guy in the garage and tell him if he keeps driving like a dork, you will knock his teeth in. Don't be tearing up people's equipment like a child and then denying on national TV that you did it on purpose.

harvick#1
10th April 2010, 15:11
You want to be a man, meet the guy in the garage and tell him if he keeps driving like a dork, you will knock his teeth in. Don't be tearing up people's equipment like a child and then denying on national TV that you did it on purpose.

I can't argue that cause I agree with you. and Lefflers excuse was prolly what warranted the probation after being parked.

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2010, 18:28
I can't argue that cause I agree with you. and Lefflers excuse was prolly what warranted the probation after being parked.

I don't think so. I think they knew what he did and they want to send a message. They are all for the boys settling things themselves up to a point, but I think they still want to keep some sort of control over things. Edwards being an idiot in Atlanta woke them up to the reality you cannot trust these guys to use their heads in situations like this.