PDA

View Full Version : seeing if there's a way

harsha
5th April 2010, 12:50
Is there a way wherein you can see whether ppl have quoted some of your posts in this forum....

i mean sorta like notifications on facebook pages ,

It gets a bit tough to search for people who've quoted your posts and It would be helpful if there was some way wherein I could directly access which posts of mine were quoted and hence reply to that ?

Mark
5th April 2010, 15:36
Don't think so but you could try searching for you own name in posts. But I'm not sure that is indexed. Interesting idea tho.

airshifter
5th April 2010, 16:44
Don't think so but you could try searching for you own name in posts. But I'm not sure that is indexed. Interesting idea tho.

That seems to work. I tried just out of curiosity and in each case Harsha's name was quoted.

harsha
5th April 2010, 18:03
yup , that works....only that it's a bit too much of a hassle , wouldn't it be a relative straightforward to keep some kinda notification system or something ?

Mark
6th April 2010, 09:35
You can already be notified if there are posts to a particular thread you are interested in. But there is no specific mechanism to find out if someone has replied to your post in particular.

MrJan
7th April 2010, 14:35

I can't because the forum would tell me that it's all irrelevant :laugh: