PDA

View Full Version : My Twin Ring Motegi Project

DanicaFan
1st April 2010, 21:41
finally finished my latest project. It is a model of a track section of Twin Ring Motegi. It was all made by hand. I have a wooden case that the track section goes in with a glass front and a LED light. This makes it look real nice. I didnt include a picture of the case, since I was running out of time, I had to get to work, plus it was broad daylight and I had a lot of sun coming in the window... ;)

I took one picture with Danica's car on it and one without so you could see the full track.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_1086.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_1087.jpg

ykiki
2nd April 2010, 00:48
Looks good DF. What scale is it?

Chris R
2nd April 2010, 02:06
pretty cool - I have to say, I am jealous of the amount of free time you must have - no kids yet huh???? (I used to build models back in the day as well...)

DanicaFan
2nd April 2010, 02:34
pretty cool - I have to say, I am jealous of the amount of free time you must have - no kids yet huh???? (I used to build models back in the day as well...)

Thanks. Yeah, no kids so I have a lot of my free time dealing with racing and racing memorabilia. :)

call_me_andrew
2nd April 2010, 04:21
No girlfriend huh?

SoCalPVguy
2nd April 2010, 04:45
No girlfriend huh?

Danica is "his girl" per earlier posts

Chamoo
2nd April 2010, 05:34
As much as we rag you on here for being a Danica-holic, I'll give you props for putting together a nice piece of work. It looks quite good.

Jag_Warrior
2nd April 2010, 05:48
As much as we rag you on here for being a Danica-holic, I'll give you props for putting together a nice piece of work. It looks quite good.

I second that.^^^

Nice work, DF. I'd love to have a diorama of the Loews Hairpin in Monaco... but I don't have the skills. I could buy one, but it would mean more if I could build it myself like you did. :up:

TURN3
2nd April 2010, 07:23
No girlfriend huh?

:D

bblocker68
2nd April 2010, 16:05
I bet you could get a grandstand section from Scalextric, the big scale slot car company.

Looks good so far!

DanicaFan
2nd April 2010, 16:46
Thanks everyone!

Mark in Oshawa
6th April 2010, 01:34
Looks great man....nicely done....

DanicaFan
6th April 2010, 05:19
Thanks guys. I will try and get some pics up with the track section in the case with the light on.

V12
6th April 2010, 15:33

Thirded, on both counts!