PDA

View Full Version : Best of the rest?

Sonic
29th March 2010, 19:28
For the first time in a long time we really do have a "big four", so my question to you is which of the teams will be able to pick up enough of the scraps and leftovers to be 5th in the wcc?

My best guess is FI, for the simple reason they have two drivers of similar pace. Both Luizi and Sutil can score the odd point. Whereas Williams and Renault only appear to have one in Kubica and Rubens respectively.

pettersolberg29
29th March 2010, 19:57
As a team I agree that Force India are probably the 5th best, but if Petrov can translate his potential into race results then I think Renault could even challenge Mercedes for 4th in the WCC. Kubica, however much I dislike the man, is suprememly talented and the best driver outside the Ferraris, McLarens, Vettel and IMO Rosberg. His 2nd in Oz only strengthens his reputation as best of the rest.

UltimateDanGTR
29th March 2010, 20:09
As a team I agree that Force India are probably the 5th best, but if Petrov can translate his potential into race results then I think Renault could even challenge Mercedes for 4th in the WCC. Kubica, however much I dislike the man, is suprememly talented and the best driver outside the Ferraris, McLarens, Vettel and IMO Rosberg. His 2nd in Oz only strengthens his reputation as best of the rest.

I agree with this. I'd say Renault, but by not too far from force india my bet.

jens
29th March 2010, 21:12
At the moment Renault is the favourite. I don't see any Williams or Force India driver threatening a podium on merit currently. Besides this Petrov has shown points-worthy pace so far as well.

F1boat
29th March 2010, 22:11
As a team I agree that Force India are probably the 5th best, but if Petrov can translate his potential into race results then I think Renault could even challenge Mercedes for 4th in the WCC..

I agree.