PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injection

71Fan
24th March 2010, 19:35
hearing that nascar is looking in to it. Personally, I don't care one way or the other but thought I'd bring it up anyways.

slorydn1
24th March 2010, 21:18
hearing that nascar is looking in to it. Personally, I don't care one way or the other but thought I'd bring it up anyways.

More than just looking into it.....It could be implemented as early as 2011.

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2010, 21:32
71 fan..it was a topic of great consternation because every NASCAR related or friendly media outlet denied it was a good idea, until of course NASCAR came out and admitted they were looking into it, and then it became a good idea. Needless to say, I was believing what I was hearing right up to the point where NASCAR said it was a good idea.

So giddyup...

Easy Drifter
25th March 2010, 01:57
What???????? NASCAR investigating that new fangled fuel delivery system? Why it won't be proven for at least another 30 years!!!!!!
These so called fuel pumps are an example of technoligy gone mad!!
We should never have gone away from the drivers utilizing the hand operated pump!

OOOOOOOOOOPS! Where is the nearest nuclear bomb shelter??????????? :D :D :D :D

Jonesi
25th March 2010, 02:28
I think it was a requirement from the auto manufacturers to keep them involve in Nascar, at the meeting Nascar had with them last spring.

71Fan
25th March 2010, 03:54
Could very well be Jonesi.

And yea, my guess is that Pistol Pete is suddenly all in favor of it. If nascar sez it's cool, that guy just bends right over for them.

damg75
9th April 2010, 05:31
Welcome to the 1980's, NASCAR! :rolleyes: :D

Jonesi
9th April 2010, 10:34
Welcome to the 1980's, NASCAR! :rolleyes: :D

That may still be premature, there's 10 months to go and they haven't officially announced it yet.