PDA

View Full Version : What's going on at Team3G???

GRW1983
23rd March 2010, 21:44
Although there has been nothing officially announced, supposedly Team3G have shut down, there was a rumour they would be full-time from St.Petersburg, then they would be full-time but would skip Barber and now apparently have shut down altogether. If true, another young American driver(Antinucci) will be left without a ride.

SUBARUTEAM
23rd March 2010, 23:15
the likes of helio / dixon / dario / ryan / will have been living in the usa for years.

at what point do they become americans in the eyes of the fans?

(I'm not having a dig here - I'm just asking the questions of you guys in the USA)

NickFalzone
23rd March 2010, 23:43
the likes of helio / dixon / dario / ryan / will have been living in the usa for years.

at what point do they become americans in the eyes of the fans?

(I'm not having a dig here - I'm just asking the questions of you guys in the USA)

Subaru, I consider them to be integral parts of the series, to the extent that I do not really consider their nationality one way or another. They have established themselves fully. But I do not think of them as homegrown drivers. They typically grew up and raced overseas, then migrated to race IndyCars. We need some more Tony Stewarts and Jeff Gordon's in the series to balance out the talented international drivers. Without that basis, I think the series is questionable as "American Open-Wheel".

Chamoo
24th March 2010, 02:35
As for Team 3G, as much as they were backmarkers at all ovals last season, I enjoyed seeing them. They were the major underdogs but put the effort in and showed up everywhere. It sucked seeing them miss the Indy 500, they needed that paycheck.

I also like Richard Antinucci. Was hoping he would land somewhere.

I guess if they can't put together a full season, we could atleast see them at Indianapolis.

Scotty G.
24th March 2010, 03:51
I believe the money man (Steve Sudler) from 3G is starting a potential new team, called Tsunami Racing. He will be a part-owner there with Theresa Earnheart and Steve Tsuruda.

I'd look for them (if they make it off the ground) to debut at Indy. We'll see if they make it.

Greg Beck and the boys are probably now scrambling to put together some sort of deal for Indy. Hopefully, they get a little better deal then the one they got with Sudler and Stanton Barrett and the 3G deal.