PDA

View Full Version : BTCC 2010 Liveries

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 09:57
Pictures starting to appear on btccpages.com

WSR horrifically boring.
Techspeeds is nice.
Honda works team carrying Cartridge World backing.
NO proper sponsors for WSR at all!

MattL
23rd March 2010, 10:07
Pictures starting to appear on btccpages.com

NO proper sponsors for WSR at all!

HM Plant on the bonnet of the WSR BMWs.

Link to pics: http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2010/medialaunch/

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 10:11
HM Plant on the bonnet of the WSR BMWs.

Link to pics: http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2010/medialaunch/

Thats not something to do with Collard then?

christophulus
23rd March 2010, 10:15
Far fewer orange cars than I'm used to.. But yes, the liveries are pretty awful all round. Still time to brighten them up a bit though!

tin-top fan
23rd March 2010, 10:16
Only I've heard of them is in terms of sponsoring the works hondas in the btcc.

Is good to see them following airwaves into the BTCC.

I am evil Homer
23rd March 2010, 10:20
AMD VW Golf looks good, and Jordan's Vectra is brilliant.

MattL
23rd March 2010, 11:00
Thats not something to do with Collard then?

Yes, it's a sponsor that Collard has introduced. It's not his own company though.

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 11:07
But likely to be some sort of trade deal or other. I doubt its genuine sponsorship in the same way Airwaves is for example.

BTCC2
23rd March 2010, 11:28
The Motorbase livery is very flattering too. Last year I thought it looked great, although i'm hoping there will be additional Airwaves sponsorship to go on the side before Thruxton.

AndySpeed
23rd March 2010, 11:38
There's a large number of cars based around a white base coat.

Personally I think the liveries are very average. Pinkney's is awful, no idea why there are those white stripes along the front as it doesn't look right. TechSpeed have done themselves no favours by making the main sponsor blend in with the blue paint, and Forster Motorsport's car looks only average, I just don't think it works.

The three best liveries at the moment come from the two works teams and Andy Jordan's Vectra.

DazzlaF1
23rd March 2010, 11:50
I think they all look nice

CHEVROLET: Very nice livery, does have the look of a full works operation

HONDA: Same as Chevy, great to see Dynamics finally get manufacturer support

MOTORBASE: Last years livery looked a bit like a rushed job, it looks a bit nicer this year although the lack of other sponsors does look worrying

WEST SURREY: Seems like the cutting of RAC branding has affected them, it looks like theyre still using the older spec BMW's too

TECHSPEED: I liked the black,white and Orange last year but this one is nice too

ARENA: No change from last year, although it would have been nice if they got manufacturer backing from Ford like Dynamics and RML have got.

FORSTER: Very patriotic, bound to stand out

THE REST: Of the others, Jordan's Vectra is the best looking, I will agree though about Pinkney's car, why the white stripes?

tin-top fan
23rd March 2010, 12:10
ARENA: No change from last year, although it would have been nice if they got manufacturer backing from Ford like Dynamics and RML have got.

Very subtle, but it has change slightly:

2008, http://www.btccaction.co.uk/teams/2009/aon1large.jpg
2009, http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2010/medialaunch/btccpages/Chilton1.jpg.html . The colour change has moved backwards, with the AON font slightly changing as well. They also seem to have a lot more sponsors on the car!

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 12:20
First pictures appearing on btcc.net

I am evil Homer
23rd March 2010, 12:43
I like the base of the WSR Beemers but the lack of sponsorship is a worry

The Motorbase cars will likely have Airwaves on the sides again and their stripes are at least interesting.

Honda looks nice if a little too white for my liking

Pinkey's cars looks like it was 'designed' using Microsoft Paint the bonnet stripes are terrible

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 12:59
WSR have got Collard and Neate paying lots of money to make up for the lack of sponsors.

cos
23rd March 2010, 13:09
Very subtle, but it has change slightly:

2008, http://www.btccaction.co.uk/teams/2009/aon1large.jpg
2009, http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2010/medialaunch/btccpages/Chilton1.jpg.html . The colour change has moved backwards, with the AON font slightly changing as well. They also seem to have a lot more sponsors on the car!

They need to put different sunstrips on each car - they're both white at the moment!

Matty
23rd March 2010, 13:47
Hope the Motorbase car fills that big blank white gap up with some Airwaves sponsorship after announcing them as the title sponsor again. The rainbow stripes and spoiler look cool too.

But at the minute, have to say both the Honda & Chevrolet liveries are by far the best.

Allyc85
23rd March 2010, 17:38
Jordans livery looks the best to me while the Golf also looks spot on. Chevvy also looks good, while its great to see the older Honda style livery come back onto the Civics.

Such a shame that the Motorbase and WSR BMW's currently have quite boring colours though as said that could change with any late deals :)

Eurotech
23rd March 2010, 17:39
Is it just me that thinks theres a certain resemblance between the Forster and Sunshine.co.uk liveries?

mattie007
23rd March 2010, 17:42
Should we be so critical of the cars liveries? Id rather have 25 white cars than 10 coloured ones!

I quite like Pinkneys (apart from the stripes), AmD and Chevvy though.

Lets be honest, BMW have always had boring liveries to match there boring cars!

BDunnell
23rd March 2010, 18:09
The Jordan Vectra is a very, very smartly turned-out car indeed — just like the Eurotech Integras were. Forster's BMW has quite a nice livery, actually.

VkmSpouge
23rd March 2010, 18:56
Best livery is Andrew Jordan's Pirtek Vauxhall followed by Hollamby's Golf and Pinkney's Vectra (shame about the white stripes). Best team livery I think is Honda one. Forster and Tech-Speed have nice liveries though I prefer Lea Wood's livery to Tech-Speed. The Chevies certainly stand out and the Fords look nice.

However I do not like WSR or Motorbase both of which are dull.

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 19:05
Motorbase's apparently isn't finished, and I wouldn't be surprised to see WSRs change a bit by Thruxton.

Rollo
23rd March 2010, 19:34
I find it a little disappointing that for a country of 60 million people, UK business can only fork out enough money to run 21 cars in the BTCC. Compare this to Australia where you get 28 properly funded cars (and effectively a second division) from a country of only 22 million people.
What's even more disappointing is that despite national TV coverage, the reigning champion can't defend his title through lack of funds.

Boo to business... and especially to "the City". Boo to you for being mean-spirited... Boo.

To the 21 drivers currently listed as starting, you're all winners and legends.

Eurotech
23rd March 2010, 19:58
This may not be strictly Livery-Related, but is Matt Hamiltons front splitter different to the one he used last year???

WSRfan82
23rd March 2010, 20:06
Chevy: The team ill be supporting this season and the car looks great

Honda: Thrilled for TD to get works backing and cars look great in the old skool BTCC livery

Motorbase: Cars look good apart from the rainbow bit i know its to do with the Leyland sponcer but for me looks odd and good to see Jackson is back

WSR: Have alot of respect for them and i will cheer them along but disappointed they dont have turks and the cars look disappointing as well

Tech: Good to see o'neal back and the car are better looking then 2009

Arena Sport: I like the focus but not the point job looks to chavy for me to street racer

Forster: New team i believe and cars look impressive

Pinkny: Car looks good nice to see a Vectra with new colours just a shame about the silly white strips on the front

Central: Car looks good but dont think they will do well

Pirtek: Car does look great and i do think jordon will do well

AmD: Good do see yet another new team on the grid and a new car in the form a the Golf and the g/f is thrilled since she is a VW fan but as nice as it looks i cant see it do that well

Boulevard: Only one word car describe this...YUK!! and as good as the car was back early 2000's i do think it time to lay the Astra Couple to rest

Special Tuning: Car looks nice in black and its great to see the crazy young lad back in the btcc and i hope he does well in 2010

Triple 8: Im interested to what the cars look like and to see who will drive for them

wish all teams the best of luck this season

Delenn
23rd March 2010, 21:33
I noticed Jordan's lorry had Eurotech logos all over it.

Rollo
23rd March 2010, 23:32
Boulevard: Only one word car describe this...YUK!! and as good as the car was back early 2000's i do think it time to lay the Astra Couple to rest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Boulevard livery the same as per their Clio that they had?

AndySpeed
23rd March 2010, 23:59
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Boulevard livery the same as per their Clio that they had?

Yup and it's about as good as a 3 year old could do.

Reminds me somewhat of mustard and ketchup to be honest.

WSRfan82
24th March 2010, 01:24

yeah and i never liked the look of the clio's...barfff

Brown, Jon Brow
24th March 2010, 11:35
The only nice liveries are the Chevvies, Honda Racing Civics, Focus, Jordans Vectra and the Golf.

The Honda does look old school

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/71/192040969_836b107954.jpg

Eurotech
24th March 2010, 21:40
Don't critisize the Boulevard Livery, It adds to the character of the team I think....

btw, Matt Hamiltons livery is technically from 2004 IIRC...

RMLCruzeing82
24th March 2010, 21:44
o i think there a great team just the cars look odd to me lol btw this is wsrfan82 with all new name for 2010 lol

RMLCruzeing82
24th March 2010, 21:44
The only nice liveries are the Chevvies, Honda Racing Civics, Focus, Jordans Vectra and the Golf.

The Honda does look old school

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/71/192040969_836b107954.jpg

those were the days...( Sighs )

Captain VXR
25th March 2010, 16:44
Jordan's Vectra is brilliant