PDA

View Full Version : FIA installs cam in every garage

race_director
22nd March 2010, 09:04
no one ever brought this up till now.

This weekend sees the debut of a new F1 parc ferme system implemented by the FIA, one which sees the governing body ‘spying’ on any illicit activity in each of the team garages with a network of 24 cameras.

In past years on Saturday evening all the cars were kept together in a single FIA garage. However with 26 cars originally expected for this year – and up to three teams requiring garages of their own – the FIA decided to look for a new system.

The cars are now kept in the garages of the individual teams, and to ensure that there is no tampering they are zipped up in a car cover – a bit like a giant sleeping bag – which is then sealed by the FIA when parc ferme conditions begin at 6.30pm on Saturday.

In the past the teams could collect the cars on Sunday at 8.30 a.m. (or 930 a.m. with Bahrain’s late start) from the parc ferme garage, but now they can just unzip the covers.

The FIA has mounted a camera on the pit gantry above every car to monitor any movement around the cars overnight. A Bahrain track official will be watching an FIA lap top – with 24 camera views on it. If the official falls asleep anything untoward will be recorded.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-fia-using-spy-in-the-garage-cameras/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long before sany team hacks the cam like on the car

Sonic
22nd March 2010, 09:43
Sudden image of Oceans 11 style "job" in the pits. Camera set to a constant playback loop whilst the engineers beaver away on the cars. :)

race_director
22nd March 2010, 10:09
Sudden image of Oceans 11 style "job" in the pits. Camera set to a constant playback loop whilst the engineers beaver away on the cars. :)

BOND TYPE ??? :)

turismo6
22nd March 2010, 11:24
Indeed.. Some re-looped footage should take care of that.. :p

Worked for Keanu Reeves

Bagwan
22nd March 2010, 12:28
First controversy :
FIA garage cams hacked .
Second :
Reports of X-ray imagery being used to see into "body bags" .
Third :
X-ray reports bogus , a ploy to cover up the fact that the material from which the body bags are made came from James Cameron .
Fourth :
Ferrari are found to have "green screen" filter option , but claim to never have used it in a race , and are taken at thier word .

CNR
22nd March 2010, 23:57
so to get even with a team all you would need to do is get hold of a team uniform breakin and play with somthing on the car ?

Rollo
23rd March 2010, 01:31
If you were to literally build a pit under your car, you could zip up the bag on top of the car, and then drop bits out of the bottom like you would working on a Beetle.

All you'd need would be FLTLT Danny Velinski "The Tunnel King" and you're set.

markabilly
23rd March 2010, 03:22
They should drop all this and simply rely on the honor held in high esteem among theives.....I mean among sportsman competitiors of the highest calling....

schmenke
23rd March 2010, 13:58
Why not simply adjust the ECU remotely using a wireless data stream... :mark:

UltimateDanGTR
23rd March 2010, 16:20
mental idea but hey, if it works it works.

if it doesn't it doesn't.

time will tell.

23rd March 2010, 17:57
Surely just tagging anyone in a Vodafone Mclaren shirt and anyone who had been passed over for promotion at Ferrari would be more effective?

23rd March 2010, 19:02
Troll.

ioan
23rd March 2010, 20:59
http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

Is that what you did to your favorite record after you read Tam's post?! :D

truefan72
23rd March 2010, 21:45
BOND TYPE ??? :)

team spy's scaling in "mission impossible style"

SGWilko
24th March 2010, 10:06
Troll.

You having a keyboard economy drive this week Tamb? ;)

SGWilko
24th March 2010, 10:07
No mon amis. I think if we were to have an avatar to describe ones personality, this would be tamburello's. Many here would ask him to change the record, but without the spy scandal, liar gate, crashgate and his unhealthy obsession with Ron Dennis, I doubt we could find any other aspect of F1 he would feel comfortable trolling errr I mean discussing... :D

Over and out.....

Roger, Wilko & out. :laugh:

SGWilko
24th March 2010, 10:08
Is that what you did to your favorite record after you read Tam's post?! :D

As one DJ said to the other....

"all this scratching is making me itch......"

Ba dum, tish.

V12
24th March 2010, 13:25
Wish they'd just drop the overnight parc ferme nonsense altogether and let the teams have access to their own property whenever they please. Worked for god knows how many years.

garyshell
24th March 2010, 15:41
Indeed.. Some re-looped footage should take care of that.. :p

Re-looped footage? Hell, a simple photograph will suffice! Have you guys never seen the original Mission Impossible TV show?

Gary

24th March 2010, 19:51
You having a keyboard economy drive this week Tamb? ;)

Certainly not, as the word "Troll" contains five letters, whereas the actual descriptive word I would have chosen to use if this wasn't a family-friendly forum only has four letters.

maximilian
24th March 2010, 19:55
Why don't they do something useful, and install cameras in the grid girls locker room instead? ;)

SGWilko
25th March 2010, 09:25
Certainly not, as the word "Troll" contains five letters, whereas the actual descriptive word I would have chosen to use if this wasn't a family-friendly forum only has four letters.

Tamb?