PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Series-Scott's Turf Builder 300 Racethread

slorydn1
19th March 2010, 18:01
Track has rubbered up nicely since the Cup practice.

Early on Scott Riggs spun but didn't hit anything.

Early in this practice and it looks like Kasey Kahne may have the car to beat.

As I type this Logano spun coming off of 2, also didn't hit anything

I cant get over the number of the single car spins without contact so far between the Cup and Nationwide practices today

slorydn1
19th March 2010, 18:08
The only sure things in life are death, taxes, and a John Wes Townley wreck...

Back up 21 car being unloaded as we speak!

slorydn1
19th March 2010, 18:19
Well, I spoke WAY to soon about the lack of contact. The 92 just ate the wall, too.....

They all seem to be having the same problem the Cup Guys had: Rock Hard tires and zero grip....

Looks like Badyear will make the Wreckfest fans happy THIS weekend

harvick#1
19th March 2010, 21:55
when has goodyear ever brought a tire half-decent :mark:

they have been nothing but a joke in motorsports, I would really like to see Michelin/BF goodrich or Bridgestone take over the tires, since they are more into autoracing and producing solid tires every race they run

slorydn1
19th March 2010, 23:58
Im getting caught back up now, fell asleep for 2 hrs (been sick at home for close to a week now), luckily I DVR everything. I am watching Happy Hour now, same complaints from everyone.Zero grip, one groove, and that rubber powder up high is like driving on ice if one has to go up there.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 18:52
race getting ready to start.....who's got the over/under on cautions?

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 18:58
everyone looks like they r dead sideways in the opening laps...no grip...special K is dropping like a rock after starting on the pole

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 18:59
oh and you can forget racing side by side now

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:02
lap 23 shrub takes the lead

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:05
cautions out 26 wrecked in 3 after getting dumped by the 1 (lap 30)

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:08
top 10 after lap 36 restart 18,38,60,20,22,27,33,88,10,32

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:12
kahne to the lead lap 46

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:17
second caution lap 54 (DAY-BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
And I see a pattern developing......both cautions occured while in commercial

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:19
18,38,20,27,60,22,33,32,12,98 on the restart

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:27
the race is taking on a weird complexion...it seems the longer they run, the mre the cars are able to run side by side. At the beginning of a run on fresh tires the inside line can take off and leave the outside, but after several laps the outside seems to be the place to be.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:28
BIG CRASH....66 and 16, and the 16 flew

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:30
11 got dumped, 16 got collected then the 66 wide opened the 16 and the 16 landed on the 66's roof....3rd caution

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:40
long red flag period....not sure why, the wreck has been cleared already. I misspoke eralier, the 16 didn't actually fly, the 66 hit him so hard he drove up underneath him!

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:46
Imagine that...the 7 car is in the lead, and not getting 1 tenth of the coverage it would have been getting if that "other" driver was in there

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:55
1 paid back the 99....caution 4 lap 124

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:02
not sure what the 1 was paying the 99 back for.....DSPN didn't enlighten us.
and edwards is in the lead

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:05
caution 5...shrub dumps the 88

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:10
DSPN missed the restart (had to get in the extra commercial) 5 cautions and we are only halfway

beachgirl
20th March 2010, 20:15
long red flag period....not sure why, the wreck has been cleared already. I misspoke eralier, the 16 didn't actually fly, the 66 hit him so hard he drove up underneath him!

Stevie Wallace drives a lot like Danica. Situational awareness is not his forte either.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:16
Stevie Wallace drives a lot like Danica. Situational awareness is not his forte either.
:up:

beachgirl
20th March 2010, 20:17
Imagine that...the 7 car is in the lead, and not getting 1 tenth of the coverage it would have been getting if that "other" driver was in there

Hey Danica - it's not the car, or the crew.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:21
caution 6.....lappers wrecked amongst the leaders, kahne and gaughan got torn up

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:26

Gee, and here I thought the car sucked all this time :D

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:29
caution 7 lap 198....DAYBREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TURN3
20th March 2010, 20:32

Nope, it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat...I'm tellin' ya!

In all seriousness, the JRM team has shown a huge improvement this race, especially the 7 car. They interviewed Bires during quals and he said they put the 7 setup on it...he was running 2nd until Kyle punted him and the 7 has been top 10/top 5. That is a huge improvement for a team that is used to competing at the front prior to this year. Gotta feel bad for Bires getting taken out but here is my question. Is it possible that so much effort is going into the Danica project that it has hurt the 88 team too? This kid has talent. I hope his season and development isn't hurt by a novelty. I'm thinking the Danica experiment won't go past this year at the latest, at least at JRM. They can't hold that kid back like that.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:34
restart on lap 201...dare i say John wes townley is having a good run? oops and caution 8...87 spun and ate the wall....after getting Derrick Coped

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:35
Nope, it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat...I'm tellin' ya!

In all seriousness, the JRM team has shown a huge improvement this race, especially the 7 car. They interviewed Bires during quals and he said they put the 7 setup on it...he was running 2nd until Kyle punted him and the 7 has been top 10/top 5. That is a huge improvement for a team that is used to competing at the front prior to this year. Gotta feel bad for Bires getting taken out but here is my question. Is it possible that so much effort is going into the Danica project that it has hurt the 88 team too? This kid has talent. I hope his season and development isn't hurt by a novelty. I'm thinking the Danica experiment won't go past this year at the latest, at least at JRM. They can't hold that kid back like that.

Agree with ALL of the above :up:

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:42
Well now....special K running away with it,and Harvick all over Edwards rear bumper for 7th place. Im sure Edwards is not enjoying life right now

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:44
cautoin 9 and DSPN is in commercial as usual

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:45
looks like Coleman Pressley got behind in his steering

TURN3
20th March 2010, 20:50
Go #7 Go!!!

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:53
caution 10 and dspn is in commercial AGAIN

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 20:55
well that looked eerily similar to Pressley's wreck

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 21:02
Dspn TRIED to sneak away to commercial, then John Wes Townley got run OVER by Keller......Brake Failure?????? That was bizzare, Keller closed from like 1 car lengths back and drilled him!!!! Caution 11

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 21:16
Good job by Allgaier!!!!!! And I messed up and didn't put him in my top 10 for my picks.....I won't make that mistake again

TURN3
20th March 2010, 21:18
Way to go top 10 for the #7!

Sorry guys, I know some of you are fans of Harvick but he is a cheap bi$%h. I know its Bristol and I know it happens...blah blah blah. But how old is he again? I hope Logano dumps him in Cup when it counts. Then we'll see Harvick do his usual whining. He can dish it out but he has never been able to take it.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 21:25
Way to go top 10 for the #7!

Sorry guys, I know some of you are fans of Harvick but he is a cheap bi$%h. I know its Bristol and I know it happens...blah blah blah. But how old is he again? I hope Logano dumps him in Cup when it counts. Then we'll see Harvick do his usual whining. He can dish it out but he has never been able to take it.

You can't keep blocking lap after lap after lap at Bristol and not expect be turned....I said with 15 to go when they kept showing logano drop low int the turn then sliding back up in front of harvick that that was gonna happen and my wife agreed with me. Harvick gave him several warning taps and Logano didn't get it. Just like he tried to chop off Biffle at Cali.He's young, he'll learn

DanicaFan
20th March 2010, 21:48
Congrats to Justin Allgaier for the win.

Kevin Harvick did Joey Logano dirty at the end.

TURN3
20th March 2010, 21:57
You can't keep blocking lap after lap after lap at Bristol and not expect be turned....I said with 15 to go when they kept showing logano drop low int the turn then sliding back up in front of harvick that that was gonna happen and my wife agreed with me. Harvick gave him several warning taps and Logano didn't get it. Just like he tried to chop off Biffle at Cali.He's young, he'll learn

It isn't "blocking" when you're running your line. It is up to the overtaking driver the get along 1 side or the other, at which point he has the obligation to respect the overtaking driver's line. Harvick was hammering his bumper all the way around the track those final laps and couldn't get along side? He couldn't out race Joey so he came from 2 car lenghts back and dumped him. Sorry, I have no problem with rough racing but being a cheap punk and getting shown up by having to resort to that is less than "Busch" league. Harvick has always been a little punk, he sure dishes his share out but can't ever take it the other way. Trying to see how with his experience and age he is any less a punk the Keslowski or Kyle Busch. If I were Joey, I'd dump him in Cup the first chance I got...then like I said you'll see what a whiny little bi$%^ Harvick is. For as competitive as he has been in Nationwide through his career, sure hasn't translated to nearly as much success in Cup. Maybe he should stay in the feeder series where he can act like a fool.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 22:21
It isn't "blocking" when you're running your line. It is up to the overtaking driver the get along 1 side or the other, at which point he has the obligation to respect the overtaking driver's line. Harvick was hammering his bumper all the way around the track those final laps and couldn't get along side? He couldn't out race Joey so he came from 2 car lenghts back and dumped him. Sorry, I have no problem with rough racing but being a cheap punk and getting shown up by having to resort to that is less than "Busch" league. Harvick has always been a little punk, he sure dishes his share out but can't ever take it the other way. Trying to see how with his experience and age he is any less a punk the Keslowski or Kyle Busch. If I were Joey, I'd dump him in Cup the first chance I got...then like I said you'll see what a whiny little bi$%^ Harvick is. For as competitive as he has been in Nationwide through his career, sure hasn't translated to nearly as much success in Cup. Maybe he should stay in the feeder series where he can act like a fool.

Okay...if you call swerving back and forth into both lanes "running your line", just how is one supposed to get along side then? I'll finish later they just had a real bad wreck in the legends race as I type this

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 22:22
That did not look good....don't these cars have any kind of roll cages??????

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 22:28
Oh this is REALLY not good....I sure hope Larry Pearson is gonna be ok..... :(

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 22:35
Jerry Punch is reporting that Larry was speaking when taken out of the car.....that's a good sign

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 23:00
Okay...if you call swerving back and forth into both lanes "running your line", just how is one supposed to get along side then? I'll finish later they just had a real bad wreck in the legends race as I type this

Anyway...I forgot what I was gonna type here....it was gonna be good, I remember that much...

Still kinda worried about Larry Pearson. I didn't like how much intrusion there was into the drivers compartment of that car......

Sparky1329
21st March 2010, 04:43
Good job by Allgaier!!!!!! And I messed up and didn't put him in my top 10 for my picks.....I won't make that mistake again

I've been keeping an eye on him which is why he's in my top ten. I like what I'm seeing. It's so cool seeing a guy get his first win. :up:

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 18:23

Gee Slo....You ever think it aint Logano's job to move over and let Kevin by? He wouldn't do that with Edwards or Keselowski because he know's paybacks are a b!tch. I suspect Logano will snap one day, and Kevin better not say much..because he screwed Joey and there isn't any doubt on that one...

as for Larry, he is going to be ok..but that oldtimer race is dangerous stuff..

slorydn1
21st March 2010, 20:58
Gee Slo....You ever think it aint Logano's job to move over and let Kevin by? He wouldn't do that with Edwards or Keselowski because he know's paybacks are a b!tch. I suspect Logano will snap one day, and Kevin better not say much..because he screwed Joey and there isn't any doubt on that one...

as for Larry, he is going to be ok..but that oldtimer race is dangerous stuff..

When a car is coming from behind and is faster than you and you hold him up for several laps you should expect to get turned.In every other form of motorsport it is illegal to block. But, since its legal in nascar then the blocking driver knows, or should know, that you will get moved. Harvick knows that thats why he doesn't hold people up when they are faster than him. If he were to I would expect him to get turned after several laps of it.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 21:05
When a car is coming from behind and is faster than you and you hold him up for several laps you should expect to get turned.In every other form of motorsport it is illegal to block. But, since its legal in nascar then the blocking driver knows, or should know, that you will get moved. Harvick knows that thats why he doesn't hold people up when they are faster than him. If he were to I would expect him to get turned after several laps of it.

I will remember this post. I don't entirely disagree with you, but I have to say with laps or so left, you don't let people by either. Harvick doesn't like being turned at any time for any reason....

TURN3
21st March 2010, 21:21

Holding somebody up and blocking are 2 different things. Clearly your definition of blocking is a matter of convenience. He was holding him up, not blocking. And like Mark mentioned, holding somebody up in the last 15 laps isn't the time to move over to let somebody go, that is the first 450 laps. Harvick raced like a punk and he'll cry like he always does as soon as roles are reversed.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 22:25
Holding somebody up and blocking are 2 different things. Clearly your definition of blocking is a matter of convenience. He was holding him up, not blocking. And like Mark mentioned, holding somebody up in the last 15 laps isn't the time to move over to let somebody go, that is the first 450 laps. Harvick raced like a punk and he'll cry like he always does as soon as roles are reversed.

Said it better than I....

Harvick isn't ever one to turn the other cheek, which of course is why his fans love him so...but lets face the reality. He turned Joey Logano people....and he did it to get by him because laps were running out. I cant WAIT for the next time the situation is reversed. I would be ashamed of Harvick if he let a guy by intentionally in that same situation. One day, Joey Logano is gonna go Carl Edwards on someone and knock them hard into the fence to win, and I will just wait for the screaming to start. This kid has been a pinyata one too many times to the likes of Harvick....

slorydn1
21st March 2010, 22:45
I would be ashamed of Harvick if he let a guy by intentionally in that same situation.

He did it today, twice in the last 5 laps....He let Kyle Busch and Jeff Burton go
by as they caught him and were faster when they did so....and that cost him a top 10 finish by the way....better to let 1 or 2 go by than to get wrecked and lose a ton of spots.....

(Gotta love that Trackpass Raceview cause if your driver isn't in the lead or Danica Patrick, he ain't getting any coverage when it counts :p : )

slorydn1
21st March 2010, 22:55

No...had Joey stayed in the high line for example, and kept pinching harvick down so he couldn't get a run up off the corner as they were running side by side, THAT would be "holding him up" and it wuld have been a drag race to the line which the car on the high line would usually win...and that would have been good hard racing.

Joey was starting the corner high, diving low, at which point Harvick would swing high to pass, then Joey would fly back up coming off the corner, which made harvick have to lift (or dump him) several times in the last 20 laps of the race, therefore blocking...In fact harvick got into him 3 times while the camera's were focused on them (he had huge runs going all three times and would have had to flat spot his tires to keep from hitting him at all) and apparently when they got to lap 300 Joey still hadn't gotten the memo...so Harv dive bombed him going low and it didn't stick.....oh well, if joey wasn't blocking he would have finished p6 and had a good points day...He'll learn, Harvick had to learn the hard way too

TURN3
22nd March 2010, 00:09
No...had Joey stayed in the high line for example, and kept pinching harvick down so he couldn't get a run up off the corner as they were running side by side, THAT would be "holding him up" and it wuld have been a drag race to the line which the car on the high line would usually win...and that would have been good hard racing.

Joey was starting the corner high, diving low, at which point Harvick would swing high to pass, then Joey would fly back up coming off the corner, which made harvick have to lift (or dump him) several times in the last 20 laps of the race, therefore blocking...In fact harvick got into him 3 times while the camera's were focused on them (he had huge runs going all three times and would have had to flat spot his tires to keep from hitting him at all) and apparently when they got to lap 300 Joey still hadn't gotten the memo...so Harv dive bombed him going low and it didn't stick.....oh well, if joey wasn't blocking he would have finished p6 and had a good points day...He'll learn, Harvick had to learn the hard way too

Like I said, your definition of blocking is a matter of convenience. You should ask any of the drivers when you have a chance or even read the rule book in any series to see how it is defined. You covered it pretty well in your post, Joey started the corner high, "dove" low, then come high again. That is a racing line, not a block. It wasn't a convenient racing line for Harvick, where if he were fast enough to get a pass done he could've got alongside forcing Joey to a narrower line. It isn't bad guy good guy, it is pure and simple racing as defined since its inception. Just because it is your favorite driver that turns out to be the punk, doesn't change the way it is.

By the way, a block is defined as a driver changing his racing line in an effort to impede the driver behind. You explained perfectly what Joey's line was, thanks! For a clear cut example of what a "block" is, just take a look at the last lap of any plate race the past 15 years.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd March 2010, 01:14
So Slo, if Kevin Harvick does the same, he lets a guy by? Really? I don't believe the man has let anyone by in the last 20 laps of a short track race if he is in the top 10. Don't excuse his knocking Logano off....he didn't block Burton or Shrubie because one is his teammate and the other would push him aside if ticked enough. Lets be honest, If Joey is coming up, he would block him until Joey learns to knock him out of the way or figures a way to pass him clean. I don't buy this fiction Harvick would give anyone a freebie just because he is "slower".