PDA

View Full Version : Moraes in at KV

jwhite9185
11th March 2010, 19:18
...according to their facebook/twitter - sounds like a full season deal too. Good to have another full time driver back who has experience of Indycars!

DanicaFan
11th March 2010, 20:22
Yes, he will be in the #32 all year long at KV and will be at Brazil as well. Awesome!!!

TURN3
11th March 2010, 20:40
I am glad to see this too, Mario was making great strides last year and he has a little attitude the series needs too.

Anybody know what the deal is with Rossetier (sp?)? He tested for them at Barber and I was under the impression he was racing a full deal too. From their press release, they only mention Viso and Sato...no Ressetier...yet they have enough equipment for Moreas this weekend already in Brazil. Did this guy get left holding his helmet bag down there or what?

Chamoo
11th March 2010, 20:51
Anybody know what the deal is with Rossetier (sp?)? He tested for them at Barber and I was under the impression he was racing a full deal too. From their press release, they only mention Viso and Sato...no Ressetier...yet they have enough equipment for Moreas this weekend already in Brazil. Did this guy get left holding his helmet bag down there or what?

I had heard Rossiter was going to start at St. Petersburg with KVRT and run the whole season from there. Just what I heard though, not sure how reliable it is.

garyshell
11th March 2010, 21:31
I had heard Rossiter was going to start at St. Petersburg with KVRT and run the whole season from there. Just what I heard though, not sure how reliable it is.

What have you heard in general from our favorite bartender? You have not mentioned him for a while.

Gary

Chamoo
11th March 2010, 21:46
What have you heard in general from our favorite bartender? You have not mentioned him for a while.

Gary

I haven't been in a while. I went once over the winter but he was not in. Over the winter with school and work, I've been pretty swamped and as any one that frequents the blog noticed, I let it slide a bit. I'm working on trying to get it back up and running.

My job just ended, I'll have more time to get things sorted out and now with the season going ahead, I will do my best to get to the Gryphon and get some news. Depending what kind of time I have tonight, maybe I'll head over there Gary.

I do plan on getting back to regular updates for the blog more or less immediately.

Mark in Oshawa
11th March 2010, 23:58
I haven't been in a while. I went once over the winter but he was not in. Over the winter with school and work, I've been pretty swamped and as any one that frequents the blog noticed, I let it slide a bit. I'm working on trying to get it back up and running.

My job just ended, I'll have more time to get things sorted out and now with the season going ahead, I will do my best to get to the Gryphon and get some news. Depending what kind of time I have tonight, maybe I'll head over there Gary.

I do plan on getting back to regular updates for the blog more or less immediately.
CHamoo...one of these nights I should meet you there for a beer.....

EagleEye
13th March 2010, 17:25
MM just wrote a big check, and people are happy? How about paying Rahal, JR or others to drive the car.

A paid driver, would have been "awesome". A paying driver, not so much.

SarahFan
13th March 2010, 18:18
EE-

what did the racers think of the track during p1 & p2?

SarahFan
13th March 2010, 18:24
being as in the past minutes scuttlebutt via tweeters is that quals are being canceled...

if true that probably asnwers my question

garyshell
13th March 2010, 19:29
MM just wrote a big check, and people are happy? How about paying Rahal, JR or others to drive the car.

A paid driver, would have been "awesome". A paying driver, not so much.

Paid? With what? You gonna pony up some sponsor money?

Gary

EagleEye
13th March 2010, 20:09
Paid? With what? You gonna pony up some sponsor money?

Gary

KK has more wealth than Mr. Penske, who is paying three drivers, for three cars, with sponsoship for only about one car. RP is a class act all the way.

KK...a joke.

Viso, Moaes and Sato...have all paid for their rides. Team rent a ride is alive and well, and it is disgusting.

PT, GR, JRH would have been great choices, but nooo. KK...a joke.

Scotty G.
14th March 2010, 15:01
KK has more wealth than Mr. Penske, who is paying three drivers, for three cars, with sponsoship for only about one car. RP is a class act all the way.

KK...a joke.

Viso, Moaes and Sato...have all paid for their rides. Team rent a ride is alive and well, and it is disgusting.

PT, GR, JRH would have been great choices, but nooo. KK...a joke.

Damn right. Give em' hell, EE!

KV's lineup might be the most unappealing 3 car team in the history of American racing.

But as long as the check's clear from Honda, Venezuelan oil money and Mario Moraes's family trustfund, then who gives a crap? Just take the money and hope to survive for another year and not find a sponsor on your own. The Indy Car Way!

MDS
14th March 2010, 15:39
In fairness E.J. Viso brings legitimate sponsorship with him, PDVSA and Herbalife are both real companies, and Sato's car is going to be wrapped in Lotus colors from St. Pete onward, so they are finding legitimate sponsors.

Also they did a massive sponsor search to find Mario Moraes a sponsor, but came up empty.

I don't think this is the year that KV wanted, but I'm pretty certain Jimmy Vassar knows you can't build a three-car team by relying on a rotating cast of ride buyers.

EagleEye
14th March 2010, 15:54
In fairness E.J. Viso brings legitimate sponsorship with him, PDVSA and Herbalife are both real companies, and Sato's car is going to be wrapped in Lotus colors from St. Pete onward, so they are finding legitimate sponsors.

Also they did a massive sponsor search to find Mario Moraes a sponsor, but came up empty.

I don't think this is the year that KV wanted, but I'm pretty certain Jimmy Vassar knows you can't build a three-car team by relying on a rotating cast of ride buyers.

I'll give you Viso, though his family has connections to PDVSA.

But Sato and MM wrote checks. KK owns Cosworth, who just happens to be powering Lotus. PT, and others more deserving could have been put in these cars IF performance was the top priority. Vasser knows that better than anyone else on the team.

And, to be fair, there certainly are other teams that have taken on paid drivers. But, they do not have the wealth of a KK. That, is what is disgusting to me.