PDA

View Full Version : Prost to be Steward in Bahrain

ArrowsFA1
11th March 2010, 16:52
Alain Prost is to be one of the four stewards at Bahrain this weekend to add credibility to decisions on driving penalties.
http://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1

Good to see Jean Todt's plan to have drivers involved happening :up:

Dave B
11th March 2010, 17:05
He'll be keeping an eye out for Bruno Senna at the first corner!

truefan72
11th March 2010, 19:25
excellent choice, I applaud the fIa and Todt and give credit where it is due

BDunnell
11th March 2010, 21:09
Can only echo the comments about Todt. So far, I have seen nothing in his presidency to object to, and much to praise.

Shifter
12th March 2010, 00:52
Awesome. Now if we can just get a core group toghether and have them steward every race for continuity that would be perfect.

Saint Devote
12th March 2010, 01:53
The best choice out of available drivers. One of the greatest who demonstrated he could win with THREE teams and is only second to Schumacher in number of wins - his percentage wins is equal to Senna - "The Professor" is ahead by 0.1% - Schumi is ten percentage points higher.

He was quicker than Senna during a race by a similar amount that Senna bested him in pole positions. Schumacher beats them both!

Incedible consitency in the championship - only twice from 1982 - 1993 did he not finish FIRST or SECOND in the world championship and then he achieved what so many drivers would consider success - two fifth places and one fourth.

Imagine if he had, like Schumacher, has much less competition during those years.

I remember Patrick Head saying that after a race it looked as if the car had not even been driven - what a great compliment.

Eddie Cheever said that being his teammate was like being put through a food processor - when Eddie went quicker, Alain went quicker still and the Frenchman's application in the team was extremely intense.

And at the end, it was Alain Prost, in Senna's pit on that awful Imola May day, that was the last person who spoke to the great Brazilian. Something appropriate about that.

Indeed.

Alain Prost is definitely one of the greats. I hope we get to see an interview with him this weekend.

truefan72
12th March 2010, 02:41
The best choice out of available drivers. One of the greatest who demonstrated he could win with THREE teams and is only second to Schumacher in number of wins - his percentage wins is equal to Senna - "The Professor" is ahead by 0.1% - Schumi is ten percentage points higher.

He was quicker than Senna during a race by a similar amount that Senna bested him in pole positions. Schumacher beats them both!

Incedible consitency in the championship - only twice from 1982 - 1993 did he not finish FIRST or SECOND in the world championship and then he achieved what so many drivers would consider success - two fifth places and one fourth.

Imagine if he had, like Schumacher, has much less competition during those years.

I remember Patrick Head saying that after a race it looked as if the car had not even been driven - what a great compliment.

Eddie Cheever said that being his teammate was like being put through a food processor - when Eddie went quicker, Alain went quicker still and the Frenchman's application in the team was extremely intense.

And at the end, it was Alain Prost, in Senna's pit on that awful Imola May day, that was the last person who spoke to the great Brazilian. Something appropriate about that.

Indeed.

Alain Prost is definitely one of the greats. I hope we get to see an interview with him this weekend.

so basically you like the decision

no need to wax poetics or conjour history lessons to simply say - good decision.

slorydn1
12th March 2010, 03:18
Great decision :up:

turismo6
12th March 2010, 04:46
Will he be at every race or just this one?

turismo6
12th March 2010, 04:48

So if Schumi has a bad come back Prost can get ahead of him on this?

Shifter
12th March 2010, 05:33
So if Schumi has a bad come back Prost can get ahead of him on this?

Doing the math it would take Schumi over 100 Grand Prix starts and no wins for Prost to even come close.

Mark
12th March 2010, 08:25

no need to wax poetics or conjour history lessons to simply say - good decision.

Where would the forum be if we limited ourselves to two words :p

Dave B
12th March 2010, 08:30
I remember a thread about that ;)

Daniel
12th March 2010, 09:10

Those post is a masterclass of understatement, intelligence, wit, humour and other things which need not be said either.

It's a tour de force.

A must read.

I laughed, I cried, I giggled a little bit and even sneezed and had a bogey hanging half would out and had to snort it back in would you believe!!!!!

Donatella Versace once said of truefan72 "Who the hell is he?"

So umm yeah without going on needlessly and wasting everyone's bandwidth I agree with the post above.

Daniel
12th March 2010, 09:23
Can only echo the comments about Todt. So far, I have seen nothing in his presidency to object to, and much to praise.

You foolish Ferrari supporter!!!!

Todt is in Ferrari's pocket! This surely must be obvious! I bet if you cut him he'd even bleed red :rolleyes:

This is the sort of ignorance we had last year and we had to endure stupid comments saying that Todt was going to favour Ferrari etc etc etc. Heck we even have the case now where Ferrari's arch rivals McLaren have a very intelligent "cheat" which could give them a huge advantage. Has Jean Todt come straight out and banned it because whilst it conforms to the letter of the regs it's not really in the spirit of them? No! He's done the right thing so far and I suspect that if it is banned later in the season he's not going to take any points away from them or anything like that.

Todt is a motorsport man and people forget that. Todt has got me hopeful about motorsport in a way that I haven't felt for nearly 10 years. IMHO if you cut Jean Todt he's bleed petrol. He's about as far from Max as is reasonably possible.

Mark
12th March 2010, 09:30
It's the nature of F1 for one team to come out with a legal 'cheat' that nobody else had thought of. It happens nearly every year!

Daniel
12th March 2010, 09:35
It's the nature of F1 for one team to come out with a legal 'cheat' that nobody else had thought of. It happens nearly every year!
Of course and the FIA is there to close loopholes if/when appropriate ;)

I am evil Homer
12th March 2010, 10:23
No point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Daniel
12th March 2010, 10:26
No point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
:rotflmao:

The act of using a cliche does not make your statement correct. There is every point in closing this door.

edv
12th March 2010, 18:07
Now Damon Hill has been recruited to steward 2 races (Monaco likely as one of them) and there are other un-named drivers who've been contacted and have expressed +ve interest.
This is a good thing.

Daniel
12th March 2010, 18:08
Now Damon Hill has been recruited to steward 2 races (Monaco likely as one of them) and there are other un-named drivers who've been contacted and have expressed +ve interest.
This is a good thing.
I would make some fruity long winded and slightly creepy reply to this but I can't be bothered. Any takers?

slorydn1
13th March 2010, 02:13
You foolish Ferrari supporter!!!!

Todt is in Ferrari's pocket! This surely must be obvious! I bet if you cut him he'd even bleed red :rolleyes:

This is the sort of ignorance we had last year and we had to endure stupid comments saying that Todt was going to favour Ferrari etc etc etc. Heck we even have the case now where Ferrari's arch rivals McLaren have a very intelligent "cheat" which could give them a huge advantage. Has Jean Todt come straight out and banned it because whilst it conforms to the letter of the regs it's not really in the spirit of them? No! He's done the right thing so far and I suspect that if it is banned later in the season he's not going to take any points away from them or anything like that.

Todt is a motorsport man and people forget that. Todt has got me hopeful about motorsport in a way that I haven't felt for nearly 10 years. IMHO if you cut Jean Todt he's bleed petrol. He's about as far from Max as is reasonably possible.

Spot on :up:

slorydn1
13th March 2010, 02:14
I would make some fruity long winded and slightly creepy reply to this but I can't be bothered. Any takers?

Ahhhhhhhhh......errrrrmmmm......no :p

wedge
13th March 2010, 15:21
Playing Devil's Advocate: if Prost is to be a credible steward then surely he must admit that he tried to take out Senna in Japan '88!

Daniel
13th March 2010, 18:09
Playing Devil's Advocate: if Prost is to be a credible steward then surely he must admit that he tried to take out Senna in Japan '88!
This is 2010, not 1988

wedge
14th March 2010, 00:28
But imagine if Schumi became a steward later in life!

Shifter
14th March 2010, 00:32
But imagine if Schumi became a steward later in life!

I did consider this and it would be pretty funny at times. "Sorry guys, it's your fault for not thinking to block the track when everyone was on flyers, he outsmarted you. no penalty"

ArrowsFA1
14th March 2010, 15:22
Nice and quiet race for Alain this weekend :)