PDA

View Full Version : IRL survey

garyshell
9th March 2010, 18:22
Did any of you receive the IRL survey request today? I just got it and filled it out. I think it was nicely done, except for a few questions where I wanted to leave a comment. But the best question was one of rating various aspects of the car. I took a screen shot and included it here. It might be interesting to compare notes on how each of us would rate the categories.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad39/scuderiaconchiglia/IRLPoll.jpg

Gary

SarahFan
9th March 2010, 18:24
I got to the next page and it locked up.........based on threads on a couple other boards it seems im not alone

garyshell
9th March 2010, 18:30
Ken, I don't recall with any certainty what the next page was. I think it might have been the one where the showed ten prototypes and asked us to rank them. If so, that page uses Flash. (I only know because I wanted to capture the images and I had to resort to screen capture to do so.)

If you want to try it again, you might want to uninstall Flash and install the most recent version and give it another go. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ latest version is 10.0.45.2

Gary

SarahFan
9th March 2010, 18:40
Ken, I don't recall with any certainty what the next page was. I think it might have been the one where the showed ten prototypes and asked us to rank them. If so, that page uses Flash. (I only know because I wanted to capture the images and I had to resort to screen capture to do so.)

If you want to try it again, you might want to uninstall Flash and install the most recent version and give it another go. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ latest version is 10.0.45.2

Gary

im not sure if it was the exact next page....but i made it thru the one you screen grabbed....

it was going to show 2 cars and ask us a question(s)...

like i said...locked up my computer....seemed to be the same page for otheres as well......maybe it was just overloaded......i shouldnt have a problem with my computer so Ill try later....

*and i went 0% on made in america and the enviromentally friendly.....

and 20% on all the rest

SarahFan
9th March 2010, 18:43
and.....

I'm not sure that 'safety' is relevant to the rest....I'd like to think its presumed the car will be as safe as possible......

garyshell
9th March 2010, 19:03
im not sure if it was the exact next page....but i made it thru the one you screen grabbed....

it was going to show 2 cars and ask us a question(s)...

like i said...locked up my computer....seemed to be the same page for otheres as well......maybe it was just overloaded......i shouldnt have a problem with my computer so Ill try later....

*and i went 0% on made in america and the enviromentally friendly.....

and 20% on all the rest

If it locked up your computer, the issue is at your end. Even if their site is overloaded it should not cause your machine to lock up. Flash is a pain in the ... and such lockups are not uncommon. I troubleshoot machines all the time for companies and individuals and step one in such situations is always reinstall the latest version of Flash. YMMV.

Gary

Lousada
9th March 2010, 19:39
That question will only produce useless results. What does "safety of the car" mean? Is that a choice between 1950's safety or present safety? Or is that between the present level and more safety? If I fill in 0 points at safety does that mean I want to see drivers maimed and killed? And if I add most points to safety does that mean they could do anything as long as it's safe?

Okay, so for the sake of argument I exclude the option safety. Then my scores would be:
Cool: 15
Made in USA: 0
Greenness: 0
Bodystyles: 30
Wheels exposed: 15
Speed: 40

Oli_M
9th March 2010, 20:09
I went for the following. I agree I don't understand the "safety" part, surely safety should be 100% by itself, and then the remaining options considered?!

Anyway,
Cool - 0
Made in America - 0
Safety - 34
Environmentally Friendly - 0
Multiple Chassis - 33
Wheels Exposed - 33
Speed - 0

It would be really interested to see the final results - hopefully this will at least give the IRL a decent picture of what the fans want.

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2010, 22:39
THey didn't ask me for my opinion...someone want to PM me how they were contacted?

SarahFan
9th March 2010, 23:22
If it locked up your computer, the issue is at your end. Even if their site is overloaded it should not cause your machine to lock up.

Gary

just clicked on and retook the remaining survey no problem

SarahFan
9th March 2010, 23:24
THey didn't ask me for my opinion...someone want to PM me how they were contacted?

I registered at Indycar.com last year so i could watch the last race of the year.....im a directTv customer...

ive been getting random comunication ever since

Wilf
10th March 2010, 03:17
05 Speed of the car
15 Safety of the car
30 Wheels fully exposed
10 Environment . . .
20 multiple chassis
12 cool looking
08 Made in USA

PA Rick
10th March 2010, 03:40
How can you guys rate speed so low? Maybe I now see why Indycar lost its way, the fans don't care about speed, and speed is what we sold.

call_me_andrew
10th March 2010, 05:03
Checking the mail and... got it.

EDIT

Made is USA 9
Exposed wheels 15
Safety 20
Competition 20
Environment 5
Cool 10
Speed 21

jackmart
10th March 2010, 05:24
I got it. I was sad to see that of the prototypes only 1 or maybe 2 were open wheel cars. To me that is very important. I also think Le Mans is weird where all these different classes are racing. My opinions maybe a minority of those things though. I was surprised because it sent me 2 surveys and noticed that the first one that I took wasn't linked to my downforce account, sent me an e-mail saying they would correct it.

bblocker68
10th March 2010, 16:39
I put 60% for different chassis, 30% speed and 10% safety. The rest got a goose egg.