PDA

View Full Version : Albert Park

Valve Bounce
8th March 2010, 05:18
I've just driven round the northern section of the circuit. I notice that work has not begun on the construction of either the Clark or Waite grandstands, although the booking website does show grandstand seating at these two locations. If I do see any activity there in the next couple of weeks, I'll post it here. However, access to this road has been cut off some days, so I may not be able to drive there.

The park does look a helluva lot better after the torrential rain there this weekend. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/a-beauty-of-a-super-cell-thunderstorm-hits-melbourne/story-e6frf7jo-1225837959592
There were hailstones the size of tennis balls, and part of the wavey roof of Spencer St (Southern Cross) station collapsed. There were floods in Melbourne, and cars suffered damage from the large hailstones. One entrepreneurial fellow at Felmington Racecourse protected his himself by carrying a small table over his head.

Let's hope nothing happens like that during the GP. Nevertheless, you will see a much different Albert Park from the previous three years when we were in drought.