PDA

View Full Version : PT needs full time ride THIS YEAR!!

jimispeed
8th March 2010, 03:39
Nuff said!

Ironcurtainantihero
8th March 2010, 04:39
Nuff said!

Then perhaps you should loan or find him $5 million or so dollars to help you achieve your goal. Otherwise, you are doing what everyone else does, demand that people do your bidding because you want it. That is not sufficient reason to do anything.

Mark in Oshawa
8th March 2010, 14:37
Then perhaps you should loan or find him $5 million or so dollars to help you achieve your goal. Otherwise, you are doing what everyone else does, demand that people do your bidding because you want it. That is not sufficient reason to do anything.

Don't be knocking Jimi now. He is just wishing PT could find money. If all the Jimi's out there hadn't been turned away from this sport, sponsors would be in to a greater extent and PT likely would have a full time ride.

The sad reality is no one wants PT for reasons that I cannot fathom, but god knows they need some colour every week. Dixon, Briscoe and a lot of guys named Mario are not the most exciting guys press wise. Dario is nice and calm and Scottish with a beautiful wife, and Helio is a character, but most of the guys are pretty laid back. TK is the only PT like figure in the garage....the jokester, the outspoken one....

SarahFan
8th March 2010, 14:53
Mark...

at this point which races will PT be running this year?

is it just the two canadien and the 500?

garyshell
8th March 2010, 16:26
Mark...

Ken, I think something was said about all of the ABC races. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Gary

SarahFan
8th March 2010, 16:32
Ken, I think something was said about all of the ABC races. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Gary

I remember hearing that also.....bit you would think if he was going to be at st Pete we would have heard somethin

I'm thinging the 500.....WG.. Toronto and Edmonton

8th March 2010, 16:44
I need to have Angelina Jolie, Maria Sharapova, Nelly Furtado and Audrey Tautou having a naked wrestling match, all whilst I wear a toga, eat grapes and control the world from my underwater lair.

But that's not going to happen either.

maxmach
8th March 2010, 18:48
Of course PT needs a ride, from a huge PT supporter, so do a hell of a lot of other people, most of which don't seem to be getting them. I have been watching/going to this series for 20 yrs now.....it's getting harder to keep interested in 21......but I'm trying.....

Mark in Oshawa
8th March 2010, 20:49
Mark...

The Two Canadian events and the 500. Geico put him in the 500, maybe is again this year. He got small Canadian sponsors to get him in Toronto and Edmonton, and I suspect Vasser and company are hoping to expand that....

tfisch100
9th March 2010, 02:19
If PT wanted to race as bad as we want him to race, he would pony up some of his own bucks to race. He made millions racing for Jerry. He has plenty of money in property, bikes and cars. Sell a couple cars, buy a seat like he did from Coyne so many years ago and go racing. If he still has the cajones, a sponsor will emerge.

garyshell
9th March 2010, 02:51
If PT wanted to race as bad as we want him to race, he would pony up some of his own bucks to race. He made millions racing for Jerry. He has plenty of money in property, bikes and cars. Sell a couple cars, buy a seat like he did from Coyne so many years ago and go racing. If he still has the cajones, a sponsor will emerge.

Do you PAY to work?

Gary

NickFalzone
9th March 2010, 03:23

That's a completely ridiculous notion. But it IS sad that the series has gotten to the point where what you just said is unfortunately true.

jimispeed
9th March 2010, 06:34
That's a completely ridiculous notion. But it IS sad that the series has gotten to the point where what you just said is unfortunately true.

It's even worse that anyone would expect a seasoned veteran should do that!!

PT is the reason alot of us where so inspired by watching open wheel racing!! There are other greats in the same breath as this guy!! Each time he has been fortunate enough to get a ride in TG's Indycar, he's always impressed....

He's very deserving.......

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2010, 10:41

PT wants to race, but the reason he has money now, is because he didn't pay to do it once the checks started coming in. Dorsey Schroder said it best on a telecast of SCCA racing once : "Once you start paying to race, people don't think you are a professional, and you never will get paid". Now sportscar racing is a little different, but you get the idea really quick I am sure. PT is pushing 40 if not there. He has NOTHING to prove by paying for a ride here or there to make not much money for a second level team. IF he can get a sponsor, he races, and he will at Indy and the two Canadian races. IF not, well he has his life. I think PT is reasonably happy with his life and financial position. I do know this much, it isn't worth it to him to drop 3 million to pay for a ride.......and If was him, I wouldn't do it either.

bblocker68
9th March 2010, 16:12
Who will get the second KV/Lotus seat? Does PT have a chance? I would've thought he'd have more pull at Monster, but times are tough.

It sucks that he doesn't have a ride for the whole season. It's even more tragic that he'll be symbolically represented: Andretti Autosport will have chrome horns on their cars this year!

NickFalzone
9th March 2010, 22:03
Danica with the chrome horn instead of PT, everything that is wrong with IndyCar series these days.

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2010, 23:12
Who will get the second KV/Lotus seat? Does PT have a chance? I would've thought he'd have more pull at Monster, but times are tough.

It sucks that he doesn't have a ride for the whole season. It's even more tragic that he'll be symbolically represented: Andretti Autosport will have chrome horns on their cars this year!

Andretti's can put chrome on the nose, but PT was the only guy who made Indycar racing a contact sport with such style!!!

bblocker68
10th March 2010, 01:39
Damn straight, Mark!

drewdawg727
10th March 2010, 01:53
At the same time, DO remember that PT's age is getting higher and higher and the less racing he does, the less marketable he becomes.
If I were Monster or Subway or whatever, would I want to put all my money forth to sponsor a driver that is about to reach the pinnacle of the mountain? Or young blood that has room to grow and make a home for many years?

Dr. Krogshöj
10th March 2010, 07:38
I find it a bit abnormal that both Monster (http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/athletes-paul-tracy/) and GEICO (http://www.geicogarage.com/paultracy/) lists PT as one of "their" athletes but neither of them is willing to step up and sponsor him in IndyCar...

jimispeed
10th March 2010, 09:33
At the same time, DO remember that PT's age is getting higher and higher and the less racing he does, the less marketable he becomes.
If I were Monster or Subway or whatever, would I want to put all my money forth to sponsor a driver that is about to reach the pinnacle of the mountain? Or young blood that has room to grow and make a home for many years?

If he dominates and gets the respect he deserves, another window of opportunity could open for Indycar and it's popularity, kinda like Brett Favre did for the NFL......

DBell
10th March 2010, 18:30
I find it a bit abnormal that both Monster (http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/athletes-paul-tracy/) and GEICO (http://www.geicogarage.com/paultracy/) lists PT as one of "their" athletes but neither of them is willing to step up and sponsor him in IndyCar...

These are businesses, not charities. I remember PT saying last year that Monster told him that teams are asking for 3 or 4 times more than the currant value of exposure they would get with Indycar's ratings. Until the IRL finds a way to get TV ratings back to respectable, this issue won't change.

Mark in Oshawa
11th March 2010, 22:56
These are businesses, not charities. I remember PT saying last year that Monster told him that teams are asking for 3 or 4 times more than the currant value of exposure they would get with Indycar's ratings. Until the IRL finds a way to get TV ratings back to respectable, this issue won't change.

That makes sense. Stop this crazy talk. Having ratings would help? Oh boy..don't tell that to some people....they think it is all because team owners are just stupid. THe problem is racing costs what it does.....